Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
egr2012
Earning My Ears

Smile 3rd trip with mom (Ages 25 and 52), want to surprise her. Ideas?

Hi everyone,

I've been reading these boards for a few months now, but this is my first post! I have a question for all of you. This is our third mother-daughter visit to WDW, and my mom is the best and has booked the entire trip herself. I am very grateful (and excited!) and would like to surprise her with something extra to thank her. Here are some details:

Ages: Me (25), mom (52)
Disney love: My mom is a complete WDW fanatic.
Number of visits: This is my 10th trip, and my mom's 9th to WDW (I got to go for a school trip!)
Resort: Coronado Springs
Length of stay: 5 nights

We're going to be in the WDW parks every day, except one day we're going to Universal/Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Does anyone have any ideas? My only thoughts are having something delivered to the room for when we arrive or getting Express Passes at Universal to make our one day there more enjoyable. I have no experience in this, and any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
egr2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

Hello, have either of you seen cirque de soliel at downtown disney? Its an awesome show, how about tea at the grand floridian garden grill lounge, very very good trifle is to die for, we orderd cinderellas slipper cake for my mother when we were there for a mothers day tea, or perhaps a spa day? Im sure you will get lots of ideas from other dissers , hope this helps!
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
egr2012
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the Tea Room idea! Unfortunately, I tried calling, and they're all booked up for that week. Stinks, I got all excited because that is right up her alley. I'll keep trying every few days though.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
herb102211
DIS Veteran

How about making a reservation at the Wishes dessert party. Great desserts and a perfect view of the castle during Wishes

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club, 10/14- Beach Club
Me (28) DH (28)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
egr2012
Earning My Ears

Talking Update

Thank you everyone for your help! I managed to snag a reservation at Garden View Tea Room on our first day. I told my mom, and she was so surprised and excited! Thanks again!

1990/Offsite 1993/Offsite 1996/Offsite (The year the castle was a big pink cake!) 1999/Offsite 2003/Offsite 2005/All-Star Sports (Senior class trip!) 2007/Pop Century 2008/Pop Century (Christmas) 2010/Coronado Springs 2012/Coronado Springs
Old 08-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
labfan
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on getting the reservation. Have a great Mother/Daughter trip and please let us know how the Garden View Tea Room was.
labfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:32 AM   #7
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

What are some of her likes? Dislike? You can do a tour. Maybe the Magic Kingdom tour where they take you underground into the Utlidoors. Or the Wishes Dessert party. Prime viewing spot for Wishes and all you can eat desserts. Those are just two ideas

Also, when are you going?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
stosh
Earning My Ears

Hello,
I am a universal nut!!! You MUST get the express pass to enjoy the most you can!!! Mom will be thrilled to not have to waite in line!!! The harry potter park is fantastic....Do it all!!! Do not miss the butter beer. I am planning on going on september 29th and 30th myself......you will get hooked!!! Enjoy!!! You are a great daughter.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by egr2012 View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been reading these boards for a few months now, but this is my first post! I have a question for all of you. This is our third mother-daughter visit to WDW, and my mom is the best and has booked the entire trip herself. I am very grateful (and excited!) and would like to surprise her with something extra to thank her. Here are some details:

Ages: Me (25), mom (52)
Disney love: My mom is a complete WDW fanatic.
Number of visits: This is my 10th trip, and my mom's 9th to WDW (I got to go for a school trip!)
Resort: Coronado Springs
Length of stay: 5 nights

We're going to be in the WDW parks every day, except one day we're going to Universal/Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Does anyone have any ideas? My only thoughts are having something delivered to the room for when we arrive or getting Express Passes at Universal to make our one day there more enjoyable. I have no experience in this, and any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
stosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: