Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

are you serious?

I am no longer single but have been part of the singles threads forever. In the last 2 months there have been a number of postings asking for single women to say "yes". . .please. . .

Men, come on line on the discussion threads and find friends. Women, do NOT respond to those looking for a "date". If they have not been a part of a conversational thread, get rid of them. Just saying.

Stay safe my friends.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
Birdman1511
Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that *rocks*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
In the last 2 months there have been a number of postings asking for single women to say "yes". . .please. . .
I'm confused...asking single women to say "yes" to what? I'm not trying to stir the pot here or anything I'm literately just lost as to what exactly you're referring to

1990-Offiste1992-Dixie Landings1994-Polynesian1996-Grand Floridian1998-Grand Floridian2001-All Star Movies2005-Polynesian 2007-Officially moved in with the mouse!! 2009-CBR
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars
Birdman1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
DisneydaveCT
DIS Veteran

Darcy, I have to agree with Birdman I don't understand what you are posting about on this thread. I have tried to keep up with the conversations, but they move too quickly unless you are on every night. Not as easy as the old chat room in Dismates.
A Very Memorable Magical Moment: Scoring a Hole-in-One at Disney's LBV #7, 9/25/06

FUTURE TRIPS: November 18-25 at OKW & SSR. .
PREVIOUS TRIPS: 25+ trips to WDW since 1972 with stays at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Carribean Beach, Contemporary; Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs Resort, & Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
DisneydaveCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.

Last edited by MICKEY88; 08-06-2012 at 08:08 PM.
MICKEY88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #5
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Sorry guys. I understand not everyone can keep up with the threads, but you guys have been out here a while and people know you. I was referring to some threads I have seen lately by relative newcomers who do not get to know people first, they just come on here, pop in and ask for a "date".
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 08-07-2012, 06:03 AM   #6
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

I agree with you Darcy. I was just talking about said threads with a friend the other day. If you want to find someone who shares your love for Disney there are plenty of threads to develop a friendship or at least a conversation before you start posting that you are looking for single ladies to discreetly spend time with at the world. There is also a very nice function of most message boards know as the PM which can be very useful in communicating without the whole world knowing.

My mother once told me to be careful what you post online since it will be there forever and everyone can read it. I still think about that when I post something.

I'll see you in a few weeks. Have a great day!

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
DisneydaveCT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry guys. I understand not everyone can keep up with the threads, but you guys have been out here a while and people know you. I was referring to some threads I have seen lately by relative newcomers who do not get to know people first, they just come on here, pop in and ask for a "date".
Darcy, thanks for clarifying your statement. I agree, some posters appear to be trolling for a "hook-up" at WDW.

But it is not any easier being a guy on-line either. There have been women in these threads over the years that have felt that once a man has a conversation with a woman, even without any romantic inclination, then the man is no longer available.
A Very Memorable Magical Moment: Scoring a Hole-in-One at Disney's LBV #7, 9/25/06

FUTURE TRIPS: November 18-25 at OKW & SSR. .
PREVIOUS TRIPS: 25+ trips to WDW since 1972 with stays at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Carribean Beach, Contemporary; Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs Resort, & Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
DisneydaveCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #8
Birdman1511
Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you down the path of righteousness. I'm gonna lead you down the path that *rocks*.

Quote:
Ahhh ok I gotcha,now, and I was in the same boat as DisneyDaveCT, its hard to keep up with some of the threads and I must've missed several posts. That being said I do agree with you then, if guys are coming in here and just asking girls on a date,and making it publicly known, without taking the time to get to know them first thats creepy..or vise versa, like DisneyDaveCT and NJDiva mentioned..theres just as many femaile creepers on these boards too. But either way, thanks for clearing that up

1990-Offiste1992-Dixie Landings1994-Polynesian1996-Grand Floridian1998-Grand Floridian2001-All Star Movies2005-Polynesian 2007-Officially moved in with the mouse!! 2009-CBR
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars
Birdman1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #9
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Not looking for a date ot anything similar, happily married here, LOL. But did want to pass on congratulations to you, Darcy.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #10
goofyernmost
DIS Veteran

Talking

I'm getting more confused now. If someone comes on a thread and posts that they are going solo and would like to have someone to "hang" with, and then someone responds and says...sounds good...let's meet at City Hall in MK. That is ok? Or isn't it?

In reality, what is the difference between a first date, and meeting randomly in a theme park other than the safety of having thousands of people surrounding you. Many first dates never go past being a first date. Why is this different unless you include intent with it. If the intent is a further relationship without ever meeting the individual involved well that is not only unlikely but also sad.

I sort of see it like this. Someone, be it male or female, comes on the singles thread expressing that they want to meet with others to share the fun of Disney with, isn't the purpose of posting that to begin with to meet someone, whether it be temporary or permanent? How would one have to respond to have it be non-creepy?

Or have I missed something like...the person didn't say they wanted to meet anyone, they just said they were going solo. Help me out here!

PS...I'm not asking anyone to meet me, just curious.

Nothing adult has ever happened to me at Disney!
goofyernmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
CreativeDreamer
Earning My Ears

I feel like you might be inferring something about my post. All I was asking is if there were any female travelers that would like to hang out in the park, grab something to eat, etc. I even mentioned there were no "expectations." I think this is even far less morally questionable than going to one of the bars or clubs in Downtown Disney, the hotels, or CityWalk looking to hook up with someone. I understand the issue with creepers and stalkers, I just think people need to understand where they are posting. Is this not the forum for adults and single travelers?
CreativeDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #12
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDreamer View Post
I feel like you might be inferring something about my post. All I was asking is if there were any female travelers that would like to hang out in the park, grab something to eat, etc. I even mentioned there were no "expectations." I think this is even far less morally questionable than going to one of the bars or clubs in Downtown Disney, the hotels, or CityWalk looking to hook up with someone. I understand the issue with creepers and stalkers, I just think people need to understand where they are posting. Is this not the forum for adults and single travelers?
actually I don't think this was directed at you personally...please don't take it that way at all. first and foremost, we are a forum where we all enjoy one thing...DISNEY. however, there are people on the boards that see this as a place to "troll" for dates and there are some people that are new to the forum scene that don't recognize those types of people. I think your statement is perfect, you have no expectations other than hanging at the park...as we have all said, it's sharing Disney time, no more, no less. you are right about this being the forum for single travelers and adults and yes, there are relationships that have come from the forum HOWEVER to Darcy's point, she is just making sure that people are aware that the stalkers/creepers are out there and just to be smart and safe about it.

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #13
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Thank you Diva for stating what I was not getting across too clearly.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #14
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Thank you Diva for stating what I was not getting across too clearly.
eh, it's all good...it's what I do!

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #15
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
ummm does this mean we went on a date the day we met up at Glen Rock..
I didn't realize Pyrates went on dates.... I always pictured them as more of the shanghai'ing and pillaging types....

DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: