Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Location: On the westside of the cornfield and to the east of the soybeans

The Merry Christmas Sheldon Hypothesis! May & Nov 13 PTR..Updated 4/13

Hello and welcome to the madness! This will be my second PTR we had to cancel our 2012 trip when a failed adoption attempt left us a little short financially. But now we are planning a 5 day trip May 12th-17th and 10 days November 9th-18th. Originally we were only going to do a two week Christmas trip which partially explains the title (read cast of characters for the rest of the explanation!) But since we just couldn't handle 15 months until going to our laughing place we now are taking a Happy Birthday And Merry Christmas trip!

Let's meet the cast:

I'm Melissa...I have a highly stressful job that I love working in homecare
Favorite Disney Movie: Mary Poppins
Favorite Ride: Haunted Mansion
Favorite Character: Tink

This is my DH Brian aka "Sheldon"..we all say Sheldon off Big Bang Theory is based on Brian and he's the inspiration for our title!
Favorite Disney Movie: Up
Favorite Ride: anything fast or high (DH is a card carrying coaster fanatic lol)
Favorite Characters: Dug & Alpha from UP / Mine Birds from Nemo

So come along for this wild ride of planning, movie nights, & general craziness!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2970848

Last edited by MrsBearcat; 04-13-2013 at 09:40 PM.
MrsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Real Life Update- Post #8
Princess & Frog Movie night- Post #10
Officially booked for May- Post #13
Avengers Movie Night & a scary week- Post #17
One more Disney day- Post #19
199 Days & a mini TR- Post #20
Park Plans & a devious plan- Post #24
24 Weeks til Disney "Osborn Lights" Movie Night- Post #37
23 Weeks til Disney "Le Celier" Night- Post #38
A Christmas filled with Pixie Dust- Post #39
18 Weeks, Monsters Inc. & Saved a Bunch- Post #40
17 Weeks & A Huge Announcement- Post #41
101 Days, ADR's, and Park Plans- Post #46
Double Digit Dance- Post #50
3 Months- Post #56
74 Days Lots of Planning!- Post #57
Paid In Full!- Post #60
6 Weeks & Counting- Post #61
27 Days!!!!- Post #63

Last edited by MrsBearcat; 04-13-2013 at 09:40 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Can I just say when researching Universal Studios I about choked when I saw how much 1 and 2 day tickets are! $150 for 2 day park to park??? Uh we have season passes to Cedar Point and Kings Island to fulfill the hubbys need for thrills and I have never even watched more than half of any of the Harry Potters lol so I am saying Universal Studios will be a no go. What will take its place on those two days? Well I'm thinking maybe we will do Mickey's Very Magical Christmas Party one night so we could have a Downtown morning and then go to the party that night? Or maybe let the hubby do WDW Speedway? Any way we go after having to cancel 2012 I will be happy to just be there!

Old 08-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Yes! Twice in 2013

OMG!!! The dear sweet hubby has just said we can go to Disney for 5 days in May for my birthday!!!! and still do 10 days in November! Uh yeah I'm stoked! I knew I loved this man but two disney trips in one year is gonna be AMAZING!
So now the question is do I make this a double trip report or do two seperate? Any suggestions are welcomed. Also anyone know how the week after Mother's Day is at WDW?

Old 08-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Hi! Stumbled upon your PTR and loving it so far. Sad to hear about the adoption .

Excited for you and your DH to go twice next year! We did May & October 2011 last year and had a blast. What an exciting year 2013 will be!!

So funny that you think that Sheldon is based on your DH. I don't watch the show a lot, but I know what the show is about and have caught a couple episodes. In one, he was set up on a blind date with someone his friends found him on an online dating website. It was hilarious. Now I have to know how you met your "Sheldon"!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #6
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
So funny that you think that Sheldon is based on your DH. I don't watch the show a lot, but I know what the show is about and have caught a couple episodes. In one, he was set up on a blind date with someone his friends found him on an online dating website. It was hilarious. Now I have to know how you met your "Sheldon"!
Oh your gonna love this! We met on yahoo personals and at the time only lived 1 mile apart See I told you I'm living the show lol!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

No trip planning today but I did score some cool stuff at the local party store today

I found all those cute cupcake decorations for 50 cents each! I picked up Pirates, Toy Story, Tink, Mickey Mouse, and Little Mermaid. I also picked up Dora but those are for my neice's birthday in November she's a "Doh wa" nut.

I also found a Little Mermaid and Pooh figurine for 50 cents each. And finally I picked up what I went for which was some beads, Tiana cups, and little frogs for our Princess and The Frog movie night.

I am clinging to the idea that we only have 35 weeks until we are in Disney lol!

Old 09-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Princess & Frog Movie Night

Tonight we had our 35 weeks until Disney (oh doesn't it sound better that way!) Movie Night with The Princess and The Frog.

We had:
Swamp Sausage (smoked sausage)
Red Beans & Rice
Watermelon

For dessert we had:

FROG PUDDING! I thought it was hilarious but then again I am easily amused.

Ok so I must add in here did they really have to kill Ray? Ugh that was so sad

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Old 09-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #9
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

So let's do a little math in honor of all the kiddies going back to school:

For 2013 we will need 2 five day park hoppers and 2 10 day park hoppers....
At WDW those tickets will cost $1491.
But my hubby has a program through his work where we can get those same tickets for $1306! Thats a savings of $185

But wait! There is 1 more option There is this little thing called...........

wait for it.......

WALT DISNEY WORLD ANNUAL PASSES!!! What's the total cost for two of those bad boys you ask? Well that would be $1222!! Yep thats right a total $269 less than buying the two sets of Park Hoppers and I figure maybe I can squeeze a early 2014 trip out of those too And do you know how many Dole Whips I can buy with $269?? Sheldon says he can buy lots of Star Wars stuff with that money but seriously whats more important geekery or the cold creamy dessert only God himself could have designed!

Well there's your math lesson for the day and everyone recieves an A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ (haha I can't resist saying "you'll shoot your eye out! anyone know where those 2 references come from?)

Old 09-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #10
Bree89
Mouseketeer

Great PTR so far I think the Disney movie nights with food themed to the movie is a really cute idea! Lol! one of my best friends loves BBT so she'd squeal at your references to the show The Elvis cupcake is really cute and the flavors sound sooo yummy and i'm really sorry to hear about your husband's cousin Cant wait to read more

Giving it another go in May 2014!
Bree89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree89 View Post
Great PTR so far I think the Disney movie nights with food themed to the movie is a really cute idea! Lol! one of my best friends loves BBT so she'd squeal at your references to the show The Elvis cupcake is really cute and the flavors sound sooo yummy and i'm really sorry to hear about your husband's cousin Cant wait to read more
Welcome Bree89! I could have sworn I had already replied but you know how the DIS can be!

Old 09-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #12
TMGosizk
Mouseketeer

Very much enjoying your PTR so far!! Can't wait to read more! And, I LOVE your references to Sheldon (reason your PTR caught my eye in the first place!) DH and I love Big Bang Theory! It's awesome you get TWO trips next year and your movie night ideas sound wonderful for you and your DH! That's definitely something we will have to start in our house leading up to our trip next October! There are wayyyyyy too many Disney movies my DH hasn't seen! Looking forward to hearing about more!

I'll Have a New Ticker Soon!

My First TR (in progress): Forget the Plans, We'll Just Play It By EAR!
First PTR:Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'Till Morning...to Disney World! Sep2013
TMGosizk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #13
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMGosizk View Post
Very much enjoying your PTR so far!! Can't wait to read more! And, I LOVE your references to Sheldon (reason your PTR caught my eye in the first place!) DH and I love Big Bang Theory! It's awesome you get TWO trips next year and your movie night ideas sound wonderful for you and your DH! That's definitely something we will have to start in our house leading up to our trip next October! There are wayyyyyy too many Disney movies my DH hasn't seen! Looking forward to hearing about more!
Yes the movie nights are a lot of fun and cheap date nights so we can save more for Disney I will have to catch some photos of Brian in full Sheldon mode aka His couch cushion, video games, the superhero t-shirts, the very specific food requests (no chicken, no fish, no onions, only heinz 57 (gasp I offered him A1 once it was BAD! lol) oh the list goes on forever but I love him just the way he is!

Old 09-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #14
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

We Are Booked For May!!

YES!! We are now officially booked for our May trip
We are staying at the POP Century in a preferred room (I plan to request the 60's again we have loved being there). It all feels real now Our ADR day is November 13 which would have been smack in the middle of our November 2012 trip if we had not been forced to cancel. I am only planning to schedule 1 possibly 2 table service meals for this trip. Why? Well I am married to a park commando who says "When your eating your not riding and that's BAD!" And honestly as long as I'm at Disney and I have at least one Dole Whip Float the rest is all icing! I have a $50 Landry's gift card from Mypoints right now and I fully expect to have enough for another well before the first trip so we may hit one of those. The hubby wants 50's Prime solely because he wants to see them take my iphone away again Yes I was texting pictures when we were there in 2011 and Cousin Scott took away my "walkie talkie" because I was playing with it during "family time"! My dear sweet DH still will ask me anytime we go out to eat if I have my "walkie" lol.

We were supposed to have our 34 weeks to Disney movie night today but the DH had a chance to work overtime and lets just say his 12 hour shift tonight will pay for more than one night at POP. Unfortunately it will actually being paying for the new tires I desperately need on my car I drive close to 500 miles a week and with winter approaching mine just aren't safe. Oh well we can say its kind of for Disney too since we will be driving my car there next year. Hubby drives a Mustang and there is no way I'm driving 1700 miles each way smushed in with the luggage! We will be doing our movie night Sunday or Monday. I was going to do "Finding Nemo 3D" but it would be $30 for the tickets alone and I'm just way too cheap for that!! So maybe we will do just plain "Finding Nemo" or maybe another not sure just yet lol.

I hope everyone is having an amazing weekend!

Old 09-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #15
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

32 weeks movie night and Real Life

So I have been slacking on the movie nights and there is good reason for that which we will get to later. We celebrated our 32 weeks until Disney night last night and you will have to use a little more imagination for this one We watched ......The Avengers! I know not really a Disney movie but, I figure since it was advertised as the movie of the Month for Disney Movie Club it fair game, right? Also the food had to be a little more boring than usual due to family members being here who don't quite understand us Disney Addicts

We had:
*Hawkeye's Hawk (chicken breast...they weren't quite done when I took the picture and no one was willing to wait another minute for the crazy picture taking woman)
*Tony Stark's Penthouse Steaks (cheesy I know but its the best I could do )
*Thors Hammer Heads (Baked Potatoes...I had planned to do the huge baker potatoes but I needed to use up these red potatoes)
*Hulk's Green Peas...uh do I really have to explain this one
*Captain America's All American Corn ( I haven't lost my mind I'm just using my imagination )
*Black Widow Soda (It was really dark knight mountain dew but it's the best I could do)

Now for anyone slightly medically squemish please read no farther

So as I promised I will fill you in on why I am a little off (ok more off than usual) and have lots of family hovering. I woke up one morning last weak with a large amount of swelling and intense pain in my...uh well lets call it mound of flubber on my chest (bahahaha now I'm showing I'm on a few happy meds!) I called the doctor and was being seen within 2 hours which at my Dr's is a miracle in itself. As if this isn't a scary enough moment one of my best friends has terminal cancer right now so I made eveyone promise they would absolutely tell her NOTHING until I knew something. In the last week I have been to 5 md appts, had 4 radiologist appts, 18 different blood tests, and well frankly I'm exhausted! As of right now they have found 4 shadows but since they are small and spread out we will wait three months do another mammo and then biopsy if anything changes so I am breathing easier on that one. But heres the dun dun dun moment through the blood tests it was discovered I have RA. To most people it would seem a rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis is no big deal but, my mom died from RA complications at 40. Which is why my dad, grandma, brothers and everyone are hanging around. My dad is especially worried since they think it is probably what is causing my severe pain. Oh and I also am now taking unholy amounts of Vitamin D (they said they go to prescriptions when your levels are at a 35 mine were 10!), I'm anemic (I hate steak but they made me eat it) and hypoglycemic (very low blood sugar). When I do something I do it right. I did not write all this to get sympathy, I wrote it because when I look back after my visits to WDW next year I want to remember this and how I beat it all. I refuse to let RA get me I have too many Disney miles to cover!

Update 1/29...I have recieved an all clear on the mammo, and the RA gives me ZERO issues with increased exercise, oral meds, and massage therapy Thanks everyone for the caring!

Last edited by MrsBearcat; 01-29-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: