Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
Iott Family
DIS Veteran

Fantasy World Resort???

Anyone stay here recently? When I did a search on the boards all the threads were dated 2010 and back.

Thanks!
Iott Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
chuckabone
Mouseketeer

Subbing to this, was looking at possibly staying here for last 2 days of our trip in Sept.
chuckabone is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
tfjle
Earning My Ears

I'm curious too, everything I find on this resort is old, but it looks like they have made a lot of changes lately.
tfjle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #4
jpeppers
DIS Veteran

We stayed in May and it was great. The 1st room we stayed in wasn't updated but was still adequate but our 2nd room was great. The lazy river and the slides are fantastic, we stayed at the Beach club during the middle of our trip but I think my daughter and I actually enjoyed Fantasy World more (not as nice but very relaxing). The pool area isn't the greatest but the lazy river is so nice. I loved the pool bar. They had happy hour from 4-7 daily ($2 domestic drafts) and only $3.25 regular price and had no problem making smoothies for the kids. I just booked for our trip next May.....love the place!
jpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:24 AM   #5
jpeppers
DIS Veteran

I also thought I would follow up with you are walking distance to Arby's, a Cici's all you can eat pizza place and you are right around the corner from a super Wal Mart! They also have an indoor surfing business adjacent to the property and it is only $10 per session or you can even get it included in your reservation. The front desk people were fantastic as were the bartenders. I just booked it for $96 a night for next May and would hate to lose deals like that but I feel these people are doing there business the right way and deserve all the business they can get. Also imagine being about 2 miles from DTD and you have a 2 BR condo with W/D and an enclosed deck with full kitchen for $96 a night. The only complaint I have is my socks got dirty from the carpet......I can buy new socks!
jpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:03 AM   #6
kokomos
Mouseketeer

bump
kokomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #7
zoicca
Earning My Ears

I have a reservation there for March for my family. I might cancel it if I can find a better hotel within a reasonable price range. It looks pretty good. On thing though. The hight minimum for the waterslides is 48 inches. 2 high for 2 of my 3 kids.
zoicca is offline   Reply With Quote