Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
pas130
DIS Veteran

Saga of the Queen of Resort Changes~Two TRs in One *COMPLETED*

Welcome to my first attempt at a PTR!!!!

I normally get so busy ch-ch-changing, I am not booked in one place long enough to actually do a PTR.....with 11 days left hopefully my plans will stay intact

Now an introduction....

I will call this trip "The Anniversary Trip~Take 2"

My name is Jeanette, and I am a resort changer, a serious resort changer....I am married to a patient, wonderful DH, and we have 6 kiddos...this trip...it will just be the two of us!

We went to WDW for our anniversary in November, those are our pics from that trip....would you believe we have NO pictures of the two of us TOGETHER

So, just to clarify, I have been married TWICE, to the same fine fella....and yep you guessed it...one of those weddings took place in August~

August 11, 1994....

This trip we will celebrate our Anniversary & my Birthday too (August 19th~not giving up my age though)

We started planning our adventure in May (I think) My guess it was DHs way to get me to stop complaining that our family trip to WDW, had turned into a US/IoA trip Don't get me wrong I loved our trip...but I never got to the MK....

Last edited by pas130; 12-13-2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: updated title
Old 07-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
pas130
DIS Veteran

Where oh where will we stay

So the dates for the trip were easy...I only had one weekend in the whole summer that DH and I were both not working...and my DMIL had agreed to stay with our Crazy Crew, sooooooooo

August 9th to 12th! Good, done!

Now, the hard part....where to stay!

Let me tell ya, (my RC family knows the saga well), this short trip went EVERYWHERE, from WDW, Cape Cod, St. Pete's, Universal, Sea World, and back to WDW...oh, Cocoa Beach too I think...

I just can't make up my mind

My first booking...ugh, I think was ASMusic, I booked with the AP rate. You see, back in November DH & I watched Beauty and the Beast in our YC suite, so when I was on the WDW website and Music came up....it seemed like destiny....

Fast forward to our May trip, and the elusive bounceback...I changed to Pop Century...

Wait a minute, no my first booking was YC GV CL...then my DH said no CL, and I changed to Music, then we went on our trip...and I changed to Pop yes, that's it....definitely

From June until now, I have been through so many different changes, I can't even tell you...

Well, I can tell you which ones I remember at least.....

CBR King Room, WL CL, CR BLV CL, Poly CV CL, BC CL, GF RPC, and most recently a split with All Star Sports (for the 1st night) then GF RPC Deluxe King Room....

For those who aren't familiar with my November trip, I booked this elusive GF room, and upon arrival found out the room was overbooked, that's how we ended up at YC (they upgraded us to a 2 BR suite) so don't feel bad for me....

Where are we booked now......

A Honeymoon Room at the Wilderness Lodge (with the 35% BB rate )

Last edited by pas130; 08-15-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: added more details :)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
pas130
DIS Veteran

So now the introduction is out of the way.....what now?

Try not to just wish the next 11 days away

As happy as I am with my resort choice, I can't stop myself from looking at other resorts...I have looked at BWI, POR....I am hopeless....this is perfect and I need to leave it alone....

I need help

So I have started booking ADRs, and changing ADRs, and I don't even want any ADRs...DH just wants CS, I suppose I just need stuff to change

Last edited by pas130; 07-29-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: more info
Old 07-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

Reading along! I can't say I've had a problem with changing resorts but ADRs are another story With less than a month out, I'm still not quite sure I'm 100% settled on where we are going to eat Hoping you stick with the WL and looking forward to your review/pictures...we have never stayed there but have visited on several occasions!

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
Old 07-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommys3 View Post
Reading along! I can't say I've had a problem with changing resorts but ADRs are another story With less than a month out, I'm still not quite sure I'm 100% settled on where we are going to eat Hoping you stick with the WL and looking forward to your review/pictures...we have never stayed there but have visited on several occasions!
Helen

You are Number 1!

amandaw has a fantastic thread for ADR changers, and she's a real sweetie! Have you seen it?

Trut be told this may be the LONGEST I've held a reservation EVER I think I can do it!!!! Glad you stopped by! Thanks
Old 07-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
amandaw has a fantastic thread for ADR changers, and she's a real sweetie! Have you seen it?
I have not! Off to look for it

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
Old 07-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
Texas Hurricane
Disney_FANatic

Cool Resort changer_ also....

Hi, Greetings from Texas

Happy Birthday! Mine is August 12th and we are visiting for my 35th this year.

I just wanted to reply and let you know that you are not alone.

I too am a (overplanner) as I like to say. Or as you have stated a resort changer. (or it could be the LEO _lionness in us)

For me I just know what I like and some of the differant property categories. But also I try to get the best price that I can while keeping in the budget.

If I had it my way I would always spend the money for the deluxe resorts or the deluxe villas, but my husband-----no way. This year he gave me a BUDGET can you believe that--- and it was low. So I had to work out deals wherever without staying at a value resort ([COLOR="Red"]"I don't want to go back".

Nevertheless I had changed our hotel about 20 times since first booking back in February.

Good Luck to you!

We will be at Disney-exactly 10 days.

Summer of 87"- (1st trip) 10 yrs old- WDW- off property
Summer of 89" (2nd trip)-WDW- off property.
Summer of 92" (3rd trip)-WDW- off property.
Summer of 94" (4th trip)- WDW- ASM.
Winter of 95"- (5th trip) HS Drill team/Senior Trip- WDW- Off property.
An unwanted_Pause-Due to college-marriage-and having a child.
Summer of 2011- (6th trip)- DD 1st trip- BC
Summer of 2012- (7th trip)- DH 1st trip- WDW Dolphin
Summer of 2013- (8th trip)- Extended family trip- WDW Dolphin = Aunt Cousion (11) Cousion (21) CousionGF (18)
Old 07-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #8
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Hurricane View Post
Hi, Greetings from Texas

Happy Birthday! Mine is August 12th and we are visiting for my 35th this year.

I just wanted to reply and let you know that you are not alone.

I too am a (overplanner) as I like to say. Or as you have stated a resort changer. (or it could be the LEO _lionness in us)

For me I just know what I like and some of the differant property categories. But also I try to get the best price that I can while keeping in the budget.

If I had it my way I would always spend the money for the deluxe resorts or the deluxe villas, but my husband-----no way. This year he gave me a BUDGET can you believe that--- and it was low. So I had to work out deals wherever without staying at a value resort ([COLOR="Red"]"I don't want to go back".

Nevertheless I had changed our hotel about 20 times since first booking back in February.

Good Luck to you!

We will be at Disney-exactly 10 days.
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!! and where are you staying????? That would be neato if we ran into each other (sorry I am a stuck in the 80s )

Only 20 changes, eh? There's a RC thread, you should stop by....nicest people EVER

For our May trip, I was given a budget as well...Started GF/Poly...ended up at Pop...we had a great trip, but booking 2 rooms is such a budget buster

I do think the "lioness" in us makes us a little OCD with the planning...and the wanting deluxe
Old 07-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #9
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

I'm FIRST!!!!! on page two..

What is going on here?! This isn't about resort changing, this is a pre-trip report about a booking that hasn't changed in 3 weeks! Somebody bring back our dear resort conflicted Jeanette, where has she gone? What have you done with her?!

This is so exciting to be a part of your first-ever PTR . I can't wait till it turns into a TR from the Honeymoon Suite at the OFC and the shores of Bay Lake

Your PTR needs a nice, juicy WL photo:

Or two

Old 07-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

This explains so much

Quote:
I do think the "lioness" in us makes us a little OCD with the planning...and the wanting deluxe
I am also a "lioness". August 21 is my birthday. This does explain so much.
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
Old 07-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #11
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
I am also a "lioness". August 21 is my birthday. This does explain so much.
That's so cool!!! And interesting

to you as well!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #12
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Hi,
Had to read due to your title. I change resorts all the time. I am in the process of changing again now. I totally understand how you feel.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #13
pas130
DIS Veteran

OK so I made a ADR

So after all the CS talk, I made an ADR

WCC on checkout day for lunch

My tentative plan for check out day is a resort day....so WCC is fitting.

Thoughts????

Of course this is subject to change

My DH loves BBQ and meat, and FUN restaurants. We can sleep in, tour FW a bit, eat, tour the grounds or just veg in the CL lounge

I think I have I figured out..for now

BTW I knowI left out Saturday's plans.....still have to figure it out, but I think Epcot wth a little DHS and a focus on WS
Old 07-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
potc
yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

We are eating there on our trip, too! We love BBQ and it sounds like a lot of fun! I've actually never been, so very excited to try something new. I'll have to check back with you and see if you liked it Well, if you don't change the ADR to something else

Please check out my first ever PTR!

Old 07-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
So after all the CS talk, I made an ADR

WCC on checkout day for lunch

My tentative plan for check out day is a resort day....so WCC is fitting.

Thoughts????

Of course this is subject to change

My DH loves BBQ and meat, and FUN restaurants. We can sleep in, tour FW a bit, eat, tour the grounds or just veg in the CL lounge

I think I have I figured out..for now

BTW I knowI left out Saturday's plans.....still have to figure it out, but I think Epcot wth a little DHS and a focus on WS
We love the skillet @ WCC I had an ADR for there this trip but cancelled after deciding it might be a bit much on our MVMCP night with having to bus to MK then boat to WL.

It can get noisy is the only negative I find at WCC

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: