Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
Amy5869
Earning My Ears

What do you mean I can't add more days?!

So I went to City Hall tonight to add days to our 5 day park hopper. We are on day 3 today. I knew I had bought the biggest ticket I could find but had read on here that we could add days. The young man was very nice, checks with a supervisor...etc...and informs me that they can't add days. I have the biggest ticket Disneyland sells and in order to get more days I have to buy a whole new set of tickets. Essentially starting over. He was very sorry etc but they no longer have an 8 day park hopper and I could only buy new tickets, not add days to my existing ones. I am VERY unhappy. Not with him but with this info. HELP! Anyone have any ideas? I was told it was not Disney World and no one stays here this long. I'm pretty stunned, annoyed, frustrated. We would have gone to Disney World because I could have stayed on Property for what I would have spent if we have to buy a whole new set of tickets. Thanks in advance!

~Amy
2009 -April 24 = 10 year anniversary in Disneyland for food and wine festival.
July 2009 - Disneyland summer trip with our kids (GNH)
June 2011 - DD's 3year old WDW trip (WL)
July 2011 - Disneyland Summer trip (Fairfield Inn)
July 2012 - DS2's FIRST EVER Disney trip -Disneyland (Fairfield & DLR)
July 2013 - Disneyland (Fairfield & DLR)
October 2013 - MNSSHP, DS2's 2nd birthday and fun with friends trip!(WL or POFQ)
Amy5869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!

I hope the policy hasn't changed! I've heard of quite a few people on here adding days to their tickets. Maybe you can try at a ticket booth instead of City Hall. Hopefully those CMs will be able to help you.

Good luck!
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #3
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

They can't add days at Guest Services. You must do this at the ticket booth. You were unlucky to go the wrong place and talk to CMs who didn't know to direct you to the the ticket booths.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #4
AndyLL
DIS Veteran

I've heard conflicting reports on if you can still add days.

If anyone is able to do so post... we are running into that situation in December.

Andy
Old 07-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
Amy5869
Earning My Ears

I will be hitting a ticket booth tomorrow to double check and will post our findings. It was very frustrating. The CM was very polite, even asked his supervisor who again was NOT helpful. I'm praying the ticketbooth experience goes better.

Skiingfast, Thanks! I was hoping someone who was in the know would respond!
2009 -April 24 = 10 year anniversary in Disneyland for food and wine festival.
July 2009 - Disneyland summer trip with our kids (GNH)
June 2011 - DD's 3year old WDW trip (WL)
July 2011 - Disneyland Summer trip (Fairfield Inn)
July 2012 - DS2's FIRST EVER Disney trip -Disneyland (Fairfield & DLR)
July 2013 - Disneyland (Fairfield & DLR)
October 2013 - MNSSHP, DS2's 2nd birthday and fun with friends trip!(WL or POFQ)
Amy5869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:50 AM   #6
NWT
Thought the swim was more thrilling

A couple years ago when I was there with my DD, we were able to add a day on to our 5 day hopper pass. It cost $10 in total.

Try again at the ticket booth. Hopefully you will get some pixie dust.
December 1990 - Honeymoon - Disneyland, January 1997 - 1st DD's 1st trip to Disneyland, February 1998 - Trip with in-laws to Disneyland, October 2004 - 2nd DD's 1st trip to Disneyland, February 2007 - Our 1st Disney Cruise - 4 day Wonder & 1st trip to Walt Disney World, January 2009 - Just Momma and DD9 to Disneyland, Dec 31, 2009 to Jan 9, 2010- Disneyland - Just Momma, DH and DD10 (DD17 went to New York), June 2012 - Just Momma and DD20 Disney World - Star Wars Weekend!, Jan 27 - Feb 7, 2013 Niece's first trip, April/May 2015 - 25th Anniversary, just me and DH - WDW/ BC - 14 day Panama Canal Disney Cruise and DL-Disney Hotel - 4 weeks of Disney!

NWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
abbie13_15
Mouseketeer

Try more than 1 ticket booth if you are not successful. Others are reporting that some people will let you and some will not. Good Luck!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
dizneyprincess1
Mouseketeer

Darthmole how did you get your 2 extra days and how much was it if you don't mind? They told me I would have to get the 5 day plus buy a 2 day ticket.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #9
DarthMole
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneyprincess1 View Post
Darthmole how did you get your 2 extra days and how much was it if you don't mind? They told me I would have to get the 5 day plus buy a 2 day ticket.
Just for reference, I had discounted 6-day park hopper tickets that I purchased on the Disney website prior to the price increase and the elimination of the option to purchase a 6-day ticket at all online.

Also, this was on 7/10 and was our first day in the park.

I first went to City Hall to inquire since I read reports that people were able to do it at guest services inside DCA. They directed me to the ticket booths outside the gate.

My first attempt was unsuccessful. I was given the "buy a separate ticket or upgrade to an AP" response.

My second attempt was a success. I just asked to upgrade my tickets to 8-days and the guy knew exactly what I was talking about. He did scan my tickets and punch around the computer a bit before telling me it would be "expensive" and with a smile said it would be $5 per ticket. That is not per day, that was $5 total per ticket to go from 6-day to 8-day. He then voided my tickets and issued new ones.

I'm wondering if they have changed the rules in the last week or so. This is the second or third rejection I've read about since returning. I sure hope it's just inexperienced cast members and not an official policy change. If they are changing this policy to thwart people from scalping their partially used tickets, they should install better security measures, not penalize those who just want a slightly longer stay.
DarthMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #10
dizneyprincess1
Mouseketeer

I would think by getting rid of the 6 and7 day it will turn people off. I understand that a majority of dl guest are annual pass holders but there are people who are going to DL and would like more than a 5 day like myself. I will not buy a 2 day pass because it will be too expensive And they will lose out on our spending for those 2 days.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #11
ballarinamom
DIS Veteran

I had just missed the cut off when we booked our November trip. The system was down. I was on the phone for an hour and half with them agrreing the system was having issues but it was not there fault I could not buy online. Yada yada. I finally got them to extend my 5 day by 1 day. And they said it was a one time thing and that in the future Disney only offers a 5 day park hopper.
During my "discussion" about being there 7 days (AT DLH NO LESS) I asked what was I to do wiht only a 5 day ticket. There answer? Go to Knotts Berry Farm! I told them I was a Disney stock holder who did not appreciate them sending dollars elsewhere. Really sad. I hope you can get your added but I think this is them now inforcing the new rules..

Me (44 yikes!) , DH (46) , DD (11)
ballarinamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #12
Paulakoala
Mouseketeer

We were able to add to our six-day hoppers no problem earlier this month. We went to the ticket booths after leaving the park on our first day (Jul 01) and had no problems. It took about 25 minutes and a supervisor override on the computer to accomplish, cost us $5 per ticket.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #13
mystic_path
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them, Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneyprincess1 View Post
I would think by getting rid of the 6 and7 day it will turn people off. I understand that a majority of dl guest are annual pass holders but there are people who are going to DL and would like more than a 5 day like myself. I will not buy a 2 day pass because it will be too expensive And they will lose out on our spending for those 2 days.
This is exactly my beef right now. I am not a lucky local and have to plan for months and save my money to fly for hours to visit the DLR for a period of time to get my fun fix of Disney. For this I like to spend as much time as I can in the resort and taking in all I can not missing a thing. So I generally get an 8 day hopper so I can take excursions in between days and if I get back early from them I can go to the resort for a few hours and enjoy a few more hours of play time.

Now I am trying to plan my vacation for next November and my best friend who is coming hasnt been since the year DCA opened, and was only there for 2 days. She wants to go soooo bad and have the ultimate experience I typically have each year. So when I looked into passes the other day I am being forced to purchase either a 5 day hopper from Flight Center for $234 or a basic annual pass for $264 which has a freakish ton of black out days, including blocking most if not all weekends. WOW there goes my chances of seeing weekend shows in off season. So if I upgrade to the next annual pass for about $330 there are less blackout days but I have to pay an extra $100 per person to get this and I have to carefully now plan my weeks so I am not blocked out, and I MAY (Doesnt mean I will) get a weekend evening there. Quite honestly I am disgusted with Disney that they would do this to people who have to spend all that money to travel.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #14
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic_path View Post
TSo when I looked into passes the other day I am being forced to purchase either a 5 day hopper from Flight Center for $234 or a basic annual pass for $264 which has a freakish ton of black out days, including blocking most if not all weekends. WOW there goes my chances of seeing weekend shows in off season. So if I upgrade to the next annual pass for about $330 there are less blackout days but I have to pay an extra $100 per person to get this and I have to carefully now plan my weeks so I am not blocked out, and I MAY (Doesnt mean I will) get a weekend evening there. Quite honestly I am disgusted with Disney that they would do this to people who have to spend all that money to travel.
I as well as skiingfast posted on another one of your threads about this same thing...the AP you are referring to which is $264 I still dont get where you are getting that amount because the lowest AP available is $269 and you are not eligible for that or the one above it...both the so cal and so cal select are only for southern california residents so the lowest AP you could get is the deluxe which is $469 per pass...I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I guess you didnt see the post we wrote on the other thread and I dont want you expecting to be able to get the AP's you are thinking about
Old 07-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #15
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

i really don't understand them scrapping the longer tickets like 6-8 day hoppers.

we are from australia, and we can get 14 day hoppers, which suit us fabulously, but it kinda sucks that they don't offer the same tickets to local and other usa residents

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: