Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Project Runway Season 10

Anyone watching? I was torn between this and Big Brother and Big Brother won out so I only saw part of the show. From what I could see some of the designers have strange garments. I can't believe they kept Koonan because they felt he had more to show them. His stuff looked like what clowns would wear and not high fashion.
Nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
Suelala
Mouseketeer

Yes, I am still watching. Only really liked the garments of a couple of "designers". Not sure that some of them will be up for the type of challenges that are typically given. This may be an interesting season!
Suelala is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

They got rid of the blandest onscreen personality of the lowest scorers. You knew it wouldn't be Kooan, who makes an ideal reality show personality -- for now. I also think he's completely playing the producers & the audience.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

It taped for me and I have not watched. Are Heidi, Gunn, Garcia, and Kohr's the judges?
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Wow that candy challenge was really cool. I loved most of the outfits, but especially loved Vens. It's hard to believe that some of the garments were made of candy.
Nohal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
hereyago
DIS Veteran

I started watching last night. Loved the candy challenge. Loved Vens and shandi?s the most. Even the guy-can't recall his name with part of his hair blonde was laughing at another contestant when judges were saying stuff about her work wow real professional even though he himself had a nice creation , still very uncool.
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

I'm watching and I know who I definitely don't like. I think I like the girl who does the black the best, but if she doesn't do some color I think she'll be gone soon.
I also like the guy who won last night, is that Ven? I thought his outfits last week were stunning.

I can't stand the twin divas
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
I started watching last night. Loved the candy challenge. Loved Vens and shandi?s the most. Even the guy-can't recall his name with part of his hair blonde was laughing at another contestant when judges were saying stuff about her work wow real professional even though he himself had a nice creation , still very uncool.
That's Gunnar, and I really don't like him either. He is just mean. He is my least favorite by far!

VEN! WOW, that was amazing!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #9
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to the AllStars as I enjoy Kayne, Suede, Peach, and Ule. However, I'm not looking forward to Ivy, she was an over confident B during her season. I don't know the season 9 people, didn't bother to watch.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #10
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

I just got around to watching the finale: I agree with most other posters-I liked Christopher the whole way through but he just crumpled at the end. I do think his collection was good but he couldn't put anything together and just crumpled. He even looked physically sick in the last judging scene! He seemed to be the youngest-guess he just needed a little more time to 'grow'.

OMG-Why do they get guest judges for the finale?? When Jennifer Hudson said that Dimitri didn't need the win because he could sell his clothes without the backing of the show I almost choked the tv!! Shut it!! You don't know that he was good through the whole season and Fabio just made his collection a whole lot better in the last 2 days!

Melissa didn't stand a chance. Finally Nina said what I've been thinking the whole time-her stuff looked like everything else out there. It was nice, it looked polished-it just looked like everything else!

Oh, and I'll probably be watching All Stars but I do not like a lot of them that are coming back.

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #11
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
OMG-Why do they get guest judges for the finale?? When Jennifer Hudson said that Dimitri didn't need the win because he could sell his clothes without the backing of the show I almost choked the tv!! Shut it!! You don't know that he was good through the whole season and Fabio just made his collection a whole lot better in the last 2 days!

How interesting that an AI cast-off would make a comment like that since surveys show that AI voters have a tendency to vote for contestants who "need the win" rather than the most talented. How special that she's carrying that nonsensical attitude onto another show and trying to award the crown to the lesser talent.

That kind of attitude really burns me. The crown should go to the person who is the best, not the neediest. These shows aren't Queen for a Day.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #12
kate_wdw
DIS Veteran

I love Dimitry (all his fabulous one-liners) but once I saw the final collections I was really pulling for Fabio to win. IMO, it was gorgeous and totally original. I loved it.

Re: All-Stars, it is so so mean of Bravo to cast Andre in a show without Tim Gunn or Santino.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #13
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_wdw
I love Dimitry (all his fabulous one-liners) but once I saw the final collections I was really pulling for Fabio to win. IMO, it was gorgeous and totally original. I loved it.

Re: All-Stars, it is so so mean of Bravo to cast Andre in a show without Tim Gunn or Santino.
LOVE Santino!
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: