Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
fitzy819
Mouseketeer

Top Secret: 50th Birthday Surprise of a Lifetime! A September 2013 PTR UPDATE 1/23

This mission, if you choose to accept it, is a top secret mission to give my mom the 50th birthday surprise of a lifetime.

Let me introduce you to the stealthy crew.

This is me, Super Secret Agent Chris.

My name is Chris (short for Christopher). Now before ya'll ask, No, I wasn't supposed to be a boy - I just have a crazy mom. Actually I was named after an actress, Christopher Norris, on the 80s TV show Trapper John. I'm a wife and registered nurse. I am also the proud mastermind behind the upcoming WDW birthday shenanigans.

This is my sister, Secret Agent Rachel.

She went with my husband and I for her first WDW trip in 08 and loved it. She is currently a sophomore in college majoring in Russian and international intelligence. We couldn't be more different but are super excited to ban forces to make this trip happen.

Possible ally for this mission, International Agent Alex (on the right, Rachel is on the left)

Alex was our foreign exchange student for a year a few years back and is now like a part of our family. She was already planning to visit next September and we are hoping to line things up with her flight from Germany so she can be in on the birthday mission as well.

And now& the target of our mission, the ever unsuspecting, Mom (aka, Suzanne)

(Again, on the right)

More about the mission next&

Update Links:

Top Secret: The Mission
The Hideout
Mission Update: The Reschedule
Breaking News!

More to come...

Last edited by fitzy819; 01-23-2013 at 07:15 PM.
fitzy819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
fitzy819
Mouseketeer

Top Secret: The Mission

First, a little background info on the target. My mom is a Disney fanatic. She went on her honeymoon to WDW years ago and had been several times before she had kids. Her last trip to WDW was almost 20 years ago, when I was around 3 and she was pregnant with my sister. Since then she has been in non-stop mommy mode and has never had the time or money to return to her favorite place. My mom gladly gave up Disney trips for things like dance lessons, soccer, basketball, softball, and cheerleading and now it’s time for payback.

Now, more on the mission mock up.

My mom’s 50th birthday is September 20th, 2013. Here is a calendar for reference.

For Christmas this year my mother will receive round trip plane tickets from my sister and me. These tickets will be for a flight to my house in Virginia to celebrate her 50th birthday in September. As if free tickets wouldn’t be enough to get her here we will entice her with “promises of a birthday spent on the beach” (she loves the beach) and possibly a “trip to DC”, another of her favs. I’m hoping this will be enough to lure her in without a fight (she hates having to take off work, surely she can manage for a birthday celebration )

With the façade in place the real plan will begin.

Mom will arrive here on the 17th or 18th. Mom and I can maybe squeeze in a trip to the beach while Rachel (and unknown to my mother Alex) drive here from my sisters school. When they get here the first of many surprises will begin. My mother will have no clue Alex is coming for her birthday bash “on the beach” so I’m sure she will already be overjoyed at this surprise. We will hang out, go to dinner, whatever my mom chooses and then head to bed early with “big plans” for the morning.

My mom will be woken up on the morning of the 19th to a super early home cooked breakfast of Mickey pancakes. We will tell her that she should open her presents a day early. We will have some Disney gear for her and maybe a new camera if we can swing it. Her last present will be something announcing to head to the car because we are all going to Disney World right now.

We will drive down that day (it’s about a 10ish hour drive) and then next morning my mom will be waking up on her 50th birthday in DISNEY WORLD.

:tinke r:

I don't have a lot of actual Disney plans decided yet but I'm hoping to get those in the works soon. I'm hoping Disney will announce any 2013 military discounts soon so that we can start booking ASAP.

I really want to go all out for this trip but since the trip planners are really only college students and newlyweds, not international spies, we will see how far our budget can take us.

Right now the plan is roughly 5 days, 5 nights at AKL with DDP. We have talked about just doing POP or AoA and having extra spending money instead but we will see.

I will keep ya'll updated when plans start to solidify. If anyone has ideas on making this birthday mission even more magical I would love to hear them!

Last edited by fitzy819; 08-05-2012 at 03:56 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
fitzy819
Mouseketeer

The Hideout

The Hideout:

WOOHOO

That's right, our reservations have been booked! Things are becoming official.

I was waiting for the military discounts to be released. Apparently there was a little mishap over the weekend and the discounts were leaked before booking became official. After a few days of calling and trying to book a room with no success, I decided just to go ahead and book and then call back later to add the discount.

So, where are we staying....

DISNEY CONTEMPORARY RESORT CLUB LEVEL W/ BAY LAKE VIEW!!!!

Ok, so this is a slight change of plans from my previous update but after looking at all the resorts I thought this would work the best for us (close access to MK and EPCOT) and I know my mother will LOVE watching the fireworks from the club lounge.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Last edited by fitzy819; 10-27-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
flower2222
Earning My Ears

What a great thing to do for your Mom! Have fun with all the planning
flower2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
mcbailey
Mouseketeer

What a wonderful trip for your mom!

My 50th is Sept. 22nd, 2013 and I am planning a trip to Disney also. Renting points at BWV. I'm doing all the planning myself, so I'm subscribing to see what you will all be doing! I have a lot of thoughts running around in my head - LOL!!!!
Disney - May, 1985 (offsite); July, 1986 (offsite); October 2000 (first time with kids-offsite); Dec. 2001 (Pop Warner-ASsp); Dec. 2005 (Pop Warner-POR); Dec. 2006 (Pop Warner-POR); Dec. 2010 (Pop Warner-POR); Dec. 2011 (Pop Warner-CBR); Sept. 2013 (BWV)

Universal - July, 2006-Hard Rock; June 2010-Royal Pacific (soft opening for HP) ; Oct, 2014 (Booked at RPR again!!)

mcbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #6
fitzy819
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower2222 View Post
What a great thing to do for your Mom! Have fun with all the planning
Thanks! I am very excited!!! There isn't too much that I can plan for a while but I have a ton of ideas for later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbailey View Post
What a wonderful trip for your mom!

My 50th is Sept. 22nd, 2013 and I am planning a trip to Disney also. Renting points at BWV. I'm doing all the planning myself, so I'm subscribing to see what you will all be doing! I have a lot of thoughts running around in my head - LOL!!!!

Yay for birthday trips! How long will y'all be staying? Do you have any fun plans yet?

Shortly after I posted my update I was able to call and add on our military discount for the room. It saved almost 2000 dollars!!!

Other than that I don't have much new news. My mother came to visit for a few days when my sister went back to college and I mentioned that I wanted her to come spend her 50th birthday at my house next year so we could go to the beach and stuff. She seemed excited for that so it seems like it won't take a lot to lure her here, lol.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: