Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
geenerbell
Am I caught up with Robo yet?

What's the funniest thing a cast member has ever said to you?

This should be interesting! Please be kind to our beloved CMs they are a big part of the MaGiC!

Mine was a porter at Pop Century. I was writing on my claim ticket (with my pen) and he handed me his pen and said "Do you want to trade?" I still laugh when I think of that day.
geenerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

I'm sure many others have heard this line, but the first time it was said to my sister we all burst out laughing.......

She had Winnie the Pooh on her shirt, and the CM said "Did you know you have a little POOH on your shirt?" She looked shocked, then realized he was joking!

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
bluehawaii19
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent53 View Post
I'm sure many others have heard this line, but the first time it was said to my sister we all burst out laughing.......

She had Winnie the Pooh on her shirt, and the CM said "Did you know you have a little POOH on your shirt?" She looked shocked, then realized he was joking!
This happened at AK to me a few years ago. I was getting my bagged checked before entering the park and the security woman checking my bag said this to me and I knew immediately she meant my shirt.

Not in the parks but the other day when I was chatting online with a Disney rep, she put "Ugh" in the chat and then proceeded with "My apologies, I accidentally hit my key board...."

That is definitely not something I am used to seeing. Surprisingly, she has actually been the most helpful of any of the reps I have ever chatted with online before.

Also, several years ago, my niece and I were headed on ToT and we were the only two in the queue (I guess it wasn't busy that day). When we got inside, the two guys working said that we couldn't go on because the ride was closing. We just looked at him and he said just kidding and let us on the ride.

bluehawaii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

Ill never forget at Ohana breakfast when the Cousin serving us said "Welcome to the Lazy Buffet! Where you never have to get up!"

"Some days you eat the bear,
some days the bear eats you,
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!

Past Trips: 5/96' Offsite with Family
11/05' With my highschool Choir -ASMu
5/08' Graduation Trip - Shades of Green
5/09' Memorial Week Trip - Poly
Nov 2014: Homestead for NASCAR + a lil Disney/UO
megveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
Lady_Gracey999
Happy Hauntings...

Hands down!!

Not so much a funny one-liner, but an interesting story... in line for a ride once I chatted up a CM and he told me that SM was his fav ride, but that he rode it once with the lights on and now it makes him seriously nervous (b/c he saw how tightly build the track is inside). PLUS he never holds his hands up anymore. This guy was maybe 5'5" so not that tall. He said he was terrified of getting his hands chopped off.

EDIT: I should mention that there were NO small children around when we were chatting. He was just confiding in me and my friend.

"Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding..."

7/1988 - Offsite, 9/2008 - CS, 6/2009 - SS Villas, 9/2011 AKL-Kidani, 6/2012 Offsite, 5/2014 DLH

Lady_Gracey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #6
DiSZYme
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Gracey999 View Post
Not so much a funny one-liner, but an interesting story... in line for a ride once I chatted up a CM and he told me that SM was his fav ride, but that he rode it once with the lights on and now it makes him seriously nervous (b/c he saw how tightly build the track is inside). PLUS he never holds his hands up anymore. This guy was maybe 5'5" so not that tall. He said he was terrified of getting his hands chopped off.

EDIT: I should mention that there were NO small children around when we were chatting. He was just confiding in me and my friend.
Did you have this conversation recently? Because on our last MK day (the 8th of Sept) we had the a VERY similar conversation with a CM at the train station. He talked about loving SM, but after having ridden it with the lights on, it now made him nervous and he wouldn't raise his arms while riding anymore. This guy wasn't tall at all either, though I don't guess heights well. He also mentioned worrying about getting his hands chopped off and talked about how it could really happen (just maybe) to someone if they had unusually long/disproportionate arms! He was really nice and all, but was perhaps not the best salesman for SM.

Anyway, wouldn't it be funny if we talked to the same CM? Like there's just this one CM who just goes around worrying aloud to guests about SM chopping off his limbs
DiSZYme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieshie75 View Post
We were at the 1900 park fare breakfast. There was a large group of us (10) to be exact. My two oldest daughters were sitting on the outside of the table. The madhatter came up behind her and started playing with her hair. he then noticed she had gages in her ears, the were the clear kind with fairies inside them. He proceeded to call over Alice and make a big deal over her gages. He was appalled that she caught fairies and put them in there. During the same breakfast, Tigger sat down next to my mom, he proccedded to steal her breakfast, (she is sorta shy and new to all this). Her face was priceless and she didn't know what to do.
Off Topic (sorry) but what are GAGES!

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent53 View Post
Off Topic (sorry) but what are GAGES!
When people have stretched their earlobe piercings and either have plugs or rings in them

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
SenecaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #9
Fairyjen1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Gracey999 View Post

Funny, that's exactly what a CM friend of mine said as well. He has worked at DLR for over 25 years, started out in rides. He said he rode SM once with the lights on and has never rode with his hands above his head again!
Fairyjen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #10
jsal318
Mouseketeer

Jasmine is my favorite princess, so when I met her at the princess dinner in Norway, I had to get a picture with her. I told her she was my favorite and that I had gotten married to "her song"(A Whole New World). She told me she did, too, so I told her I knew that. Then she said in her own voice (not the character voice) "No, I really did!". I thought that was so funny!
jsal318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

I was working with another CM outside at Animal Kingdom and a family approached us on the walkway with a stroller holding a backpack as the child was walking.

The CM said "Hold it right there folks! I'm gonna need to you let that baby out of that bag, it is too hot today for that!"

The guests looked confused but then started cracking up
Old 07-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran

Resort boat driver:

"Please keep your squishables, crushables and drownables inside the boat!"
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #13
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

We had reached the front of one of the trick or treat lines during the MNSSHP. DH was pushing my wheelchair and I had the bag open and ready. The CM smiled at me, glanced at DH and asked if my chauffeur would care for a treat as well. We all cracked up.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #14
darkwingeeyore
Earning My Ears

We were on the Safari ride at AK. While on the actual car, we're waiting for entrance because of some animal or other holding up the cars that were already inside. We're right next to another car that's loading, and the Driver says: "If you look to your right, you'll see the rare and elusive human! Everybody wave." So we all wave, and the people in the car next to us wave back. The driver says: "Amazing! They do tricks!"

Me DH DD

Dec 1999: CSR (Graduation Trip) * July 2007: POR (Honeymoon!) * Dec 2009: AKL * Can't wait for Dec 2012: CBR (DD's first visit!)
darkwingeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #15
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

When a CM saw the shocked look on our faces after we asked how much the light-up balloons were, he smiled and said, "Well, it's Disney inflation!" Ba-dump-duh!! --Katie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: