Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
bcarson
Mouseketeer
I will second Orlando Bloom! But I have to raise you Sawyer, from lost. Ooh la la!

can you switch your dates once the code has expired?

okay I have a package booked now free dining code. Stupid school schedule stinks this year for Christmas break. So I may have to change it. However, I am not going to do so until I have to. I want to talk to the school first and see what the policy is but that won't be until way after the code expires. Can I change the dates still? I am really hoping the general public one just extends out a little farther. thanks.
bcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Yes you can but its not an easy or quick process. You would call CRO but they have to have someone from guest services make the change. It takes some time for them to do it. Its also based on availability. Meaning the offer can't have sold out for that particular resort for the deal you have.

We did this for our trip in March. We were booked under fd at Pop but decided we wanted to upgrade to a mod. Our offer had expired so our TA had to call several times and go through a lengthy hold each time to see if it could be done. She persisted and got what we wanted, but it was time consuming for her.

I also had a friend that just did this for their late August trip on fd. They switched from CBR to POR. Again, it took several tries.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

From what I understand, it's easier to take days off rather than add them.
So, if you are unsure of your dates, it may be best to book a longer trip than you would normally do, and take off days if necessary. It would work better if you weren't planning on changing from one time period to another, though I don't think there's a limit on the number of trips you can book under a certain code. You may be able to book both time frames and cancel the one that doesn't work. Keep in mind, that your dates will still have to work within the availability of the discount, meaning if the available dates are December 11-13th, and you were originally planning on checking in on the 13th, you won't be able to remove the 13th off your reservation and still be able to use the discount, even if they do agree to let you change your dates.

Chances are that the general public code will have LESS availability.
POFQ Apr 13-20 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to see if anyone has had luck changing resorts *after* an offer has expired.

We currently have POR booked with the old FL resident offer that expired Jan 1. We are interested in upgrading to BC, but I know what the rate was with this particular offer, and we would only want to upgrade if we could get that rate.

So I realize it might be a process to upgrade, but as long as the room was available when the offer expired, will they let me upgrade?

Thanks!

HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:19 AM   #5
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
Just wanted to see if anyone has had luck changing resorts *after* an offer has expired.

We currently have POR booked with the old FL resident offer that expired Jan 1. We are interested in upgrading to BC, but I know what the rate was with this particular offer, and we would only want to upgrade if we could get that rate.

So I realize it might be a process to upgrade, but as long as the room was available when the offer expired, will they let me upgrade?

Thanks!
Yes, as long as there is still a room available at BC under that promotion, then they can switch it for you. You may have to ask for a supervisor if the first CM is unable to do anything.
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ
strmtroopr96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: