Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #1
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

DVC Trip # 2 - BLT and BWV Split Stay(Critters and Final comments added)

Wow !!! Disney World trip time is the fastest time on Earth. I swear the clocks speed up down there. After 40 days of pre-trip reports, It's now time for the real deal. We had 9 glorious days at BLT and BWV with a gang of 8 in two bedroom suites.

Boy, did we hit the weather perfect. I first booked this week, the end of June, but switched to June 16-24. I was so concerned about the weather and the long range forecast was not helping my anxiety. A couple days before the trip, the forecast for Lake Buena Vista improved dramatically. We ended up with amazingly great weather with high 80's, a nice breeze and clear first half of week. We had some clouds later in week and our last day was tropical storm Debbie's first day. We had left our poncho's at home and bought umbrella's the last day only.
This week, I see Debbie is hanging around central Florida much longer than expected.

Here's the gang:

DW and I at the airport

By dvc_dreamer at 2012-06-26

DD and DW, the Disney Nuts

DS and friend

Our twin, college graduate nieces

The sisters

We had a great, early morning flight. We were at MCO by 10am. It was an awesome flight. Only one miscue. One of my nieces left a bag at home but we recovered quickly and made the flight in plenty of time. Airport was busy and McD's was open for breakfast. Hartford is a nice airport to fly in and out of.

Are you ready for 9 days of happiness? I took lots of pictures so settle in.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Last edited by DVC_Dreamer; 07-11-2012 at 05:03 AM.
DVC_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

Waiting for more pictures and stories....
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
mrsswat
Irishtinksmama

bring it on....

pictures and all!! Been waiting for this!!
mrsswat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see the pictures. I love early morning flights. It's so nice to get there and still have the day ahead of you.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:13 AM   #5
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanboys View Post
Can't wait to see the pictures. I love early morning flights. It's so nice to get there and still have the day ahead of you.
Fly in early and fly out late. That's our motto.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 06-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
dapod423
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear about it. I'll be reading your TR while writing my own!
9/87- Off-site, 3/02- Off-site, 10/03-Port Orleans Riverside, 4/06- Grand Floridian, 5/10- Port Orleans French Quarter, 9/10- Saratoga Springs (1st trip as DVC Member), 10/10- DCL Wonder, 10/10- Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House, 5/11- Pop Century, 10/11-DCL Magic/ Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village, 1/12- Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House, Saratoga Springs 6/12, 10/12- DCL Dream/Villas at Wilderness Lodge, 12/12- Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House, 4/13- Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village
dapod423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #7
DVC_Dreamer

Day 1 - We're back !!!

Yes, the day had finally arrived. My impatience had ended and we were on our way. DW and I were up and rolling at 3 am. We rode two cars to the airport in the early morning darkness with excitement in our hearts. My twin nieces were so excited and thanked my over and over for taking them. The airport was surprisingly busy for Hartford but the line moved fast. Before too long we were at the gate waiting for take off.

Magical Express is awesome. This was our second time using the service. There were a bunch of people waiting to go somewhere but I believe many were in a Disney Cruise line. We only had a few others on ME besides us. Our stops were Wilderness Lodge, CR and Poly, in that order.

Don't you just love this sight? We're Back !!! Love that feeling.

The sights get even better as we approach the Magic Kingdom area. Yippee!!! I'm dancing in the aisle.

I like how the resorts have greeters helping guests get checked in. So Disney. No lines but we always take a long time to check in. DW asks for the 5th floor and an even number room. DD has to help us with a quick Google search for us to remember which rooms face MK even with lake view.
I was a little annoyed at first we didn't ask for a room higher up but the CM told us we'd be high enough to see over the monorail. 5th floor is same floor as sky bridge to CR from BLT. CM called to see if room was ready but no dice. The most time was when we went to concierge to get the "kids" park passes. CM had horrible time combining 9 day hopper and room key on same card.

This picture is after we're all set and DW is organizing before we head to MK.
They're teenage boredom faces tell the story of how much they loved this waiting part. I was patient. It was only about 10:30 am at this point. We had plenty of park time ahead.

The walk to MK. Here we go....

Here's the happiest place on Earth.

We're in the park quick and DW starts the mad dash to Columbia Harbor House. With the long wait at the resort and early rise, we're starving at 11am. I have to yell at DW so I can take a quick picture.

This is DS's friends first time to Disney World. She has a face of amazement as we walk in and down Main Street. DW and I are beaming and so excited for her. It's emotional.

I capture the moment with the first Main Street picture of the week.

The mad dash to CHH.

I was on the fence on whether to get the tuna sandwich or lobster roll at CHH. The lobster roll is new since our last trip in August. I love lobster rolls but I'd read a bad review of it on the boards. I decided on being adventurous and go for the lobster roll. It has more mayo than lobster rolls I've had in past and not a lot of large lobster pieces. Overall, I liked it. It's not huge but I enjoyed it compared to everything else on the menu. I did end up eating everyone else's cole slaw. My first lemon slushy too.

After lunch, we do HM. We go through the long, active queue. We have 3 in party that have never seen the new queue. It's fun and goofy.

We get FP for Splash. It's at this time I notice two things. Wow, the weather is nice. We have a breeze and it's in the high 80's. I remember last August when the heat was unbearable. Good start. Second, OMG, the crowds of people. I'm experienced but it was funny how I somehow had suppressed in my mind how some areas can be so crowded. The ducking of strollers and squeezing through crowds to keep up with my family had begun. I actually have learned to be amused by this game over the years.

The wait time for Big Thunder is 30 minutes. (so the sign says) I'm embarrassed to say that we make our second rookie mistake here. This queue ends up being long, hot and boring. My newbies in my party are questioning our expertise.

Here's my first panorama shot while in line at Big Thunder. We were stuck here for a while.

No worries. They LOVED the ride and end up doing this ride several times in the week. DS's friend was scared to death to do the thrill rides. We begged her to give them all a try. She would have this face of complete fear before the ride and mostly a face of fun and excitement after. Told you so...

Splash is my favorite. We giggle as we take our first picture of us on a ride.

Next is Pirates. Or, so we think. It's closed. Awe. Denied. Ok, no worries. Let's get a Dole Whip. There's always a plan B @ WDW.

Two young lovers with nothing better to do but smile.

We FP Space and get on Buzz quick. Now, we're getting the handle of managing this trip. It's all coming back to me.

We all congratulate DS friend for conquering the Mountains of MK. High fives all around.

It's about 5pm and DW and DD head over to resort to see if they've forgotten about us. We've not yet received our room ready text. We're feeling a bit tired. We have a cool drink and head over to get a big Mickey head rice crispy. They only had plain and one with sprinkles and chocolate. On the walk back to resort, I get the text that our room is ready. Yippee !!! Perfect timing and it's 5th floor on North side. Yippee again.

Funny enough, past August we were on the complete last room, 5th floor. This trip, we're on 5th floor, totally opposite last room. Cool. Room is opposite too the way furniture and master bedroom arranged.

I joke with the kids, "Are the accommodations satisfactory?"

To finish up day, we do burgers at Contempo Cafe, quick swim and early to bed. Great start to a great trip !!! Hey, we need to make rope drop at EPCOT on Sunday.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 06-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
KweenofDis
Earning My Ears

More more more

I love reading your trip reports, puts me right there. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures. Thanks for taking the time to do your in depth trip reports!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #9
mlittig
DIS Veteran

I am so looking forward to more trip reports

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/6/14 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Love your reports and I too, love that sign!! Can't wait to hear more of the trip. We are doing the same split in August but BWV first then off to BLT.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
DVC_Dreamer

Encourage me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KweenofDis View Post
I love reading your trip reports, puts me right there. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures. Thanks for taking the time to do your in depth trip reports!!!
Not that I need much encouragement but I'm loving the praise so far.

From a guy who did a 40 day marathon pre-trip report, you know my real TR will be in depth with lots of pictures. Plan is to post every morning for the next 9 days covering each day of trip. Settle in, feel the WDW happiness and enjoy.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 06-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #12
disney1474
DIS Veteran

I'm in!! I really enjoy reading your trip reports and since you live in CT...we're practically neighbors

DVC MEMBERS AT AKV SINCE MAY 2007
disney1474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
tinx35124
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to read you 2BR BWV review and see pictures. I don't remember if you mentioned boardwalk view.

Sept 9-15 will be our second DVC stay and 1st time at Boardwalk. There will also be 6 of us.

Shoot forgot to do that ticker thing again
tinx35124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #14
SLM
DIS Veteran

What a great start to your vacation! Everyone looks so happy!
SLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #15
DVC_Dreamer

More pictures coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinx35124 View Post
Can't wait to read you 2BR BWV review and see pictures. I don't remember if you mentioned boardwalk view.

Sept 9-15 will be our second DVC stay and 1st time at Boardwalk. There will also be 6 of us.

Shoot forgot to do that ticker thing again
You'll have to be patient. Day 4 will cover our transfer to BWV.
I'll compare/contrast BLT and BWV.

I will tell you that we had a quiet pool view and not Boardwalk view.

I haven't had a chance yet to fix my ticker. I've got too much trip report happiness to report.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: