Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
luvflorida
Free entertainment is everywhere

Carter gives Cars Land two thumbs up!

Hi! I'm Luvflorida and I mostly post over on the Community Board forum. Since we had a trip planned for Disneyland this year, I've been reading over here a lot lately.

We recently returned from a short trip to Disneyland, as well as a day at Universal Studios, a Warner Brothers Studio Tour and a day at Huntington Beach. The main reason for the trip was, of course, Cars Land. We knew our 3 1/2 year old grandson would love to visit Radiator Springs!

I was going to just report on Cars Land, but I figured, what the heck, I'll write about the whole trip! Hope you enjoy my report and hope there is some information here that will be of some help to others. I will include lots of photos.

Some background info: We are new to the West Coast, having moved to Arizona four years ago. Living in New England, we were frequent visitors to Florida (hence my screen name) and have taken many trips to WDW over the years. Now that we've relocated to Arizona, my husband and I are having a great time exploring all that this side of the country has to offer, which is a lot!

We have three grown kids (youngest just finished college- yay!) and two grandkids. On this trip, it was my husband, me, our older daughter, son-in-law and grandkids. This was our grandson's second trip to Disneyland (he's been to WDW once also) and it was our granddaughter's first trip.

Aaaaaand...here we are:

Me (Sharon) and my husband, Larry.

Here we are, with our two, precious grandkids. They keep us young and are the loves of our lives! These pics were taken last summer during a beach photo session in Maine. The kids were 2 1/2 and 5 months old. They, of course, are older now, but Larry and I aren't. Ha! Ha!

And, here is Megan, our daughter, with Daniel, our son-in-law, and Carter and Vanessa.

Carter turns four in August and Vanessa just turned 16 months. Fortunately, Carter just reached 40" so he was able to ride RSR. We held our breath, though, when the CM measured him!

Carter is the sweetest little guy. He is our first grandchild!

Vanessa is our second grandchild and first granddaughter. She is a sweetheart, too! Just don't try to take cookies away from her!

EDITED TO ADD: To help locate each day, I've added the post number each day starts on. I also went back through and spaced picture captions so they're easier to read! Hope it helps when reading my trip report!

DAY ONE- begins at post #3 (travel/Universal CityWalk)
DAY TWO- begins at post #14 (Universal Studios)
DAY THREE- begins at post #21 (Warner Brothers Studio Tour/Anaheim/Downtown Disney)
DAY FOUR- begins at post #29 (DCA/Disneyland)
DAY FIVE- begins at post #44 (DCA/Disneyland)
DAY SIX- begins at post #64 (Huntington Beach)

Last edited by luvflorida; 07-08-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: added post numbers and descriptions for each day
luvflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
luvflorida

Oops! I meant to post this under the trip reports for Disneyland. I'm not sure how to move it, or even if that's possible without a moderator's help. Help!
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
luvflorida

Our trip dates were Monday, June 18th to Saturday, June 23rd. Larry had to be in Woodland Hills Tuesday on business, so he and I left Arizona on Monday. Megan, Daniel and the kids left a few days after us and met up with us mid-week in Anaheim. Monday and Tuesday night Larry and I stayed at the Hilton Universal, and Wednesday through Friday night we all stayed at the Candy Cane Inn. Our schedule:

Day One: Drive from Arizona to California, CityWalk at Universal.

Day Two: Larry in Woodland Hills, me at Universal Studios for the day.

Day Three: Warner Brothers Studio Tour in Burbank, drive down to Anaheim and meet up with Megan, Daniel and kids, dinner at Bubba Gumps, and Downtown Disney

Day Four: California Adventure and Disneyland, especially Cars Land!

Day Five: More fun at DCA and Disneyland Park, and more Cars Land!

Day Six: Huntington Beach

I hope you enjoy my trip report, and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

DAY ONE- Monday, June 18th- Larry and I left Tucson at 7:30am and arrived at the Hilton Universal at 4pm. We stopped for lunch at Ruby's Diner right off I-10 in Cabazon, CA. This was our first time staying at the Universal City Hilton and we really liked it. The desk clerk was welcoming, even walking us to the elevator, waiting for the doors to open, and pressing the button for our floor. Here are some pics of the Hilton, our room, and grounds around the hotel.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

Your grandkids are gorgeous! What a treat!

I'm glad you posted in the wrong place, as I never check out the trip report boards. But I'm glad to have stumbled over this.

-Bob
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
luvflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandBob View Post
Your grandkids are gorgeous! What a treat!

I'm glad you posted in the wrong place, as I never check out the trip report boards. But I'm glad to have stumbled over this.

-Bob
Thank you! I suppose someone will be able to move it to the correct forum. I'm having issues with photobucket now.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
luvflorida

I want to go back to the Hilton just to spend more time in the pool area. It was very peaceful!
A nice place to just sit back and relax.

Our room was on the 14th floor, which as we all know, is really the 13th floor.
I thought the room was quite large. It was very clean, too!

Nice views from our room of Universal and the Hollywood Hills.

Last edited by luvflorida; 07-08-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: fixed captions
luvflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Hi luv. I'll have to catch up on your TR and help prepare for our trip. Glad I found you.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvflorida View Post
Aaaaaand...here we are:

My husband, Larry, and me, Sharon.

I finally have a face to go with the name. Your husband's name will be easy to remember. That's my dad's name.

Been busy at work, so I just got started. I'll post as I go along. Bear with me as I catch up.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
sevenmotions
Earning My Ears

Well, I am super late to the party, but I just wanted to say thank you for the awesome trip report! I just read throught whole thing on my lunch break the pictures of your granddaughter on IASW are great. It is nice to be reminded of what Disney is like through a child's eyes.

sevenmotions is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: