Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
hulk51382
Earning My Ears

Parking at Contemporary

We have an early reservation for Chef Mickey's and plan to drive to CR. We are going to MK that day and was wondering if you're allowed to leave you car parked at CR? It seems much easier just to walk over to MK from CR. Thanks for any help!

Sept 2011 - CBR
Sept 2012 - CBR
Sept 2013 - CBR
Sept 2014 - POR
hulk51382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
cluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

No, you can only park at the contemporary for the time will be there unless you pay to valet park.
cluvsdisney is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
karmic
Mouseketeer

You could pay to valet park-that's what we do
karmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
SnackyStacky
Disney Addict
S2+1

Proud new daddy to his own little princess!

Or, park at the Ticket and Transportation Center. You then take a monorail, ferry or launch to the Magic Kingdom and walk to the Contemporary. Or you can take the monorail directly to the Contemporary (after stopping at the Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Magic Kingdom).
SnackyStacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

If you dont use the valet service and try to leave the car there while at the MK, it is possible you will get towed!

WDW is cracking down on this especailly at the CR.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
hulk51382
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for the the info. Does anyone know around how much valet parking is at CR?

Sept 2011 - CBR
Sept 2012 - CBR
Sept 2013 - CBR
Sept 2014 - POR
hulk51382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
Polydweller
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
If you dont use the valet service and try to leave the car there while at the MK, it is possible you will get towed!

WDW is cracking down on this especailly at the CR.

AKK
True and they have been discussing this at all the monorail resorts. The problem is the lot sizes. They simply aren't big enough to accommodate the resort guests and what the OP is suggesting. They are sized to handle ADR parking but not all day parking for MK.

The number of people valet parking as suggested is increasing and that could become a problem down the road. It's days may be numbered too, but it's a ways out yet.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulk51382 View Post
We have an early reservation for Chef Mickey's and plan to drive to CR. We are going to MK that day and was wondering if you're allowed to leave you car parked at CR? It seems much easier just to walk over to MK from CR. Thanks for any help!
You and several thousand people think of doing this. However, there isn't enough parking for everyone to park at the CR. If you are staying onsite, you can park at the TTC for free or take the bus to the MK and monorail or walk over to the CR.

They actually post a sign at the entrance to the resort telling guests that they are sorry but they cannot provide parking for the theme parks. You'll see this sign at any of the deluxe resorts that are within walking distance or other short hop from the theme parks.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #9
wdwemployee
Earning My Ears

you may leave your vehicle parked. they only tow employee cars
wdwemployee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #10
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwemployee View Post
you may leave your vehicle parked. they only tow employee cars
That's a terrible suggestion considering guests have seen cars being towed one right after the other out of the lot!

They may not do a great job of enforcing the 3 hour window, but wouldn't it be a pretty big bummer if they're care happened to be one of the ones that got picked?!

Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Park at TTC and monorail to the CR and then walk or monorail over.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #11
thatcrazydisneygirl
Mouseketeer

I'm surprised by what everyone is saying! Back in early 2011, I routinely parked at the contemporary and walked over to the Magic Kingdom without any issues whatsoever. Then again, at that point in time, I was a cast member. I never noticed the lot to be full, in fact, often I was easily able to locate a spot. I can understand why Disney would be cracking down on this and I wouldn't advise the OP to park there, but having done so easily 40+ times, I am just surprised that it's no longer an option.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:59 AM   #12
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatcrazydisneygirl View Post
I'm surprised by what everyone is saying! Back in early 2011, I routinely parked at the contemporary and walked over to the Magic Kingdom without any issues whatsoever. Then again, at that point in time, I was a cast member. I never noticed the lot to be full, in fact, often I was easily able to locate a spot. I can understand why Disney would be cracking down on this and I wouldn't advise the OP to park there, but having done so easily 40+ times, I am just surprised that it's no longer an option.
And as someone who has stayed at the Contemporary and had trouble finding a parking spot, I'm glad they are cracking down.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #13
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
You do know that they built the Bay Lake Tower (DVC resort) on the site of the former North Wing?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #14
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's exactly why they had to change it. Because people had the same reasoning, and people that were paying to stay at the resort were being inconvenienced. Guests started complaining.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: