Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Two Year Anniversary, Sailing Away to Canada! - June 10-15, 2012 Day 4 Part 2 09/30

Hi all! You may have read my other trip reports that I have posted over the last 3 years....following our wedding planning, honeymoon and 1st anniversary..but this was our 2nd anniversary, 1st cruise and Disney's first time to Canada!

Meet us, Jenn and Luke

We would love if you followed along with our adventures as we take on Canada and excitedly explore the Disney Magic in some of the coldest winds the Magic has experienced!

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR

Last edited by shippedtosea; 09-30-2012 at 09:46 PM.
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Well hello I remember following your wedding and Disneymoon trip report. Can't wait to read about your 2 year anniversary cruise! DH and I will be celebrating 2 years in August and we have an anniversary trip planned for October on the fantasy.
TinkLoverSam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #3
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkLoverSam View Post
Well hello I remember following your wedding and Disneymoon trip report. Can't wait to read about your 2 year anniversary cruise! DH and I will be celebrating 2 years in August and we have an anniversary trip planned for October on the fantasy.
Hi! Thanks for reading along! Happy early 2 years....seems like it flew by right? A trip on the Fantasy should be amazing! I'd love to see photos when you are done.

December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
Old 06-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
chiefdragon
DIS Veteran

Happy 2nd Anniversary. DH and I will be parting in this cruise on August 5th to celebrate our 17th anniversary. Can not wait to read more.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #5
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefdragon View Post
Happy 2nd Anniversary. DH and I will be parting in this cruise on August 5th to celebrate our 17th anniversary. Can not wait to read more.
thank you! Oh I think you will really enjoy it! Congrats on 17 years that's really awesome. Thanks for reading along!

Old 06-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #6
disneymagic316
DVC Owner since 2000
BWV VB SSR HHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefdragon View Post

We're also on the Aug. 5 cruise. My sister and her DH will be celebrating their 25th anniversary on the cruise.
SSR Oct. 17-19 2014,
OKW Oct. 19-23,2014
Last WDW trips:
OKW- March 27-April 2
SSR Oct. 23- 28, 2013 OKW Oct. 28-29,2013
HHI- Oct. 29-Nov. 1, 2013
DCL- '01 Eastern Caribbean, ' 03 Western Caribbean, '05- Mexican Riviera, '07 Mediterranean, '09 Tortola,
2011 Inaugural Alaska Cruise, Aug 5,20102 NYC Canada-New England, Disney Fantasy- July 20-27,2013.

Next DCL- Disney Dream Oct. 2014
disneymagic316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #7
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Hey all! sorry for the delay...lets get this started!

Okay so...as I said before, this was our first cruise. We are sort of obsessed with WDW, but this year we decided to mix things up...and what better way to do it than the first ever sailing from NYC to Canada?! I will say this...it took a lot of convincing to get DH to agree. He is very afraid of water...and heights... so what better thing for a wife to suggest then a big boat in the Atlantic?! From day one this was definitely a trip for 'me'...which, btw, so was the first time we went to WDW. So, leading up to the cruise, I planned and planned and DH...tolerated. He was definitely getting nervous!

Here are our bags all set the evening before.

So ready! You might notice that we chose to take one very large suitcase...good idea in theory...

So, bright and early Sunday morning (like 7am), we woke up and got ready...I was itching to leave even though it only takes about 45 mins to get to the port from our apartment. So we decided to take the subway. Oh, that one large bag? Weighed a ton. DH was not thrilled. But we made it on and off the subway and got off at 49th Street.

Our friends, who are also very into Disney but have not experienced a Disney cruise, were excitedly waiting at the station to walk with us and see how beautiful the Magic really is (manly beauty!), so we hauled our luggage down the street...and when we were about 3 avenues away....we heard the magical sound...

...the horn! Seriously...it was so amazing to hear it...we still couldn't see the ship but we knew it was waiting for us at the end of the street!

So we got to the end and you could just see it behind the terminal. We walked past all the sad looking people gripping their Disney cruise line bags waiting for taxis (a glimpse of the future...). Crossing the street, we finally got a proper view of our home for the next week!

Enter here to have lots of fun!

omg...lets go!

Our friends went up the elevator with us...we gave our bag to a random man with a trolley... seriously....weird way to get rid of your checked luggage. He said 'Disney?' we said 'yes' and he took our bags...I expected a check list or something...weird.

Then we sadly had to say goodbye to our friends and we were ready!

We walked down the long hallway...through the metal detectors...which were a lot more relaxed than at the airport. Really, I walked through the metal detector with my coffee in hand? Yeah...that was weird to me too (not complaining, I needed coffee...)

There was a rather short line (it was about 10.30am) and we got our photos taken and were handed our Keys to the World and a boarding number. We were both so very excited (DH was getting a little less scared).

omg it is Donald...and I am about to go on a cruise!

Yay!

So we sat toward the back of the terminal, trying to get away from the crowds...near a nice Disney cruise back drop...that I said I wanted a photo in front of.....no sooner had the words left my mouth than I saw a giant red, white and blue MOUSE come through the doors and stand happily in front!

No...I did not realize they would come into the terminal (I should have...) I quickly grabbed DH and we were on line.

Yeah!

There is a good chance he is sick of me already! ha....nah he is just nervous.

He did not feel like getting up to meet Minnie.....but I did!

Old 06-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

So, when I left you, we were just finishing up our awesome buffet at Parrot Cay and were very excited to see the rest of the ship! It was about 12:30 when we were done with lunch, so we had lots of time to explore. We headed straight up to Deck 9...

forgive me...because when I'm excited....I take photos of everything....and when DH is nervous....he does the same!

I liked how the DCL symbol was everywhere! And on everything!

OMG! We're on the top deck of the Magic!

So I said to DH, "pose, I want a photo," and he said...."well better get a good one, because this is the only time I'll be near the edge!" (we'll see...)

I see Mickey heads everywhere!

Funnel...

Funnel+Boy...

Funnel+Girl...

Sorry, really love the funnels...

Last one! (maybe...)

Old 06-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #9
AC & Savy's Mom
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for your trip report so far. We are going on the July 8th sailing, and can't wait! You are getting us super pumped for our trip! Glad you had a great time, and happy anniversary!
AC & Savy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
Joining in! Hope your DH mellowed out for you.
Welcome! Haha...you'll have to wait to find out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pammiesik View Post
Just found your report, love it. We head out on the July 15th sailing and can hardly wait, but your report will make the time sail quickly by.
Welcome! Thanks for reading! I'm glad I can help make the time fly by!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC & Savy's Mom View Post
Thank you so much for your trip report so far. We are going on the July 8th sailing, and can't wait! You are getting us super pumped for our trip! Glad you had a great time, and happy anniversary!
Welcome! I'm so glad I can help! Thanks!

Old 06-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #11
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures with city as a backdrop and the cars right there!!!

Great report!

I can't wait to be standing there looking at the city from "my" boat!
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #12
morgana316
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for this trip report, we are sailing to Canada in September, and we are 1st time cruisers, love all the info and pictures!
morgana316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #13
chiefdragon
DIS Veteran

Great pictures. We have Palo readies for the 4th night of the cruise so it is great to hear what you are eating so we get an even better idea of what to order.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
MrShiny
DIS Veteran

We went on the next cruise and the seas were a little choppy the first couple of days - saw the water in the pool slosh up and down about a foot.

Coming back from St. John on the last sea day it was very calm. Almost no feeling of motion at all.

Next trips:
Disney Fantasy - 25th Anniversary
Sept.-Oct. 2014

COMMON Annual Meeting
Disneyland Hotel April 2015
MrShiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #15
FriscoTexasMom
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the detailed report! My children and I are sailing Aug. 5, and we love looking at Magic photos together. Your thoroughness is much appreciated!
FriscoTexasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: