Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

No ticker for 2 year and then 2 in a week

Hi there

I'm Laura. One of the Dis Moms. I thought after my last trip May 2011( BWV) that I wouldn't be going back to my happy place for nearly 2 years. DH (tim) likes WDW but doesn't LOVE it like I do. So needless to say I was unhappy but we have found lots to do in the mean time.

Then two weeks ago I hear rumbling that the DIS moms are off to hit the dream again. I have fear of ships. I know crazy right. Someone let me watch the Posedion Adventure as a child and that did me in. I still have nightmares about Ernest Borgnine having to save us all as we climb to the bottom of the ship to be saved. Therapy would help but really that would take away from my WDW saving account So anyway I learned that the moms would be doing a brief land trip so I am cashing in my disney dollars and miles and joining them for a few days in May 2013.

So soon after I had told DH about this little plan of mine, I get call from him while at work asking if I wanted to go to Orlando in August without the kids. Of course any good vacation planning knows what I thought next. I can sneak to WDW!! Well he first told me he was staying at a Hilton. I said sure I'll go with you and then we can sneak away to the Keys for along weekend. He mumbled something about NOT going to WDW. I reluctantly agreed. But then I got the address of the Hilton. It wasn't the airport one, or the DTD one but BONNET CREEK!! Umm hello I had to find away to get to the parks at that point. So we agreed that I will go while he is working and still hit the Keys for the weekend. My kids hate me right about now for all of the trips I have had without them

So here is where I am at. DH is flying in on a Monday and I will meet him on Wednesday. I thought about doing the Mears shuttle ($21 one way) but I got a heck of a deal thru SIXT car rental. We need a car to drive to the Keys on that Friday-Sunday. I had quoted Hertz at the Hilton (nearly $50 more for less days) and I still come out ahead while paying for parking ($13/day). I am going to buy a pass thru his work that is a buy 4 get 3 free and then upgrade that once I get to WDW for a non-expiring pass. I also found that I can get DH a convention entrance pass for the Thursday night so we will go to Epcot for drinks around the world.

I have us booked in a small B&B off of Duval St. in Key West.

Now my trouble is how to deal with the tolls. Do I keep all of the change out, pay for it per day ($6.00) or get a sun pass and risk having it attached to the car. Oh my first world troubles...laalalala

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Wow...I love surprise trips!

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Subbing .....

Now going back to read!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

First off ..... have NO fear getting on a Disney ship! They are Mouse owned and pixie dust protected. Believe me, we sailed through 2 hurricanes on them.
You might reconsider and join the DISmoms in 2013 (seems like they liked their cruise, since they are rebooked )

And I love your plans for your August trip. We are definitely going to pass each other on the way to the keys. What a shame. When are you leaving Key West? Sunday? We'll spend the night from Sunday to Monday at Key Largo ... so maybe??
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

YAY!!!!!! You thought it would be two years before you were back!

(Are you sure you don't want to plan a halloween trip with the kids????)

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal
CityGirlLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #6
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Checking In! Surprise trips are the best!

So a few days on land, eh? Now that I know we aren't going until July, I might see if I can convince Jim It will be allright to see the ax-murderers for a few days -
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:26 AM   #7
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

We are off to Houston and Austin

Old 07-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #8
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #9
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

We returned from the marathon car trip. lots of photos to upload. DD loved the space center and we all agreed that the water park in New Branfauels was a bust. It was a bummer since it was rated the best water park in the nation. GUess we are spoiled with having Wisconsin Dells so close by

Old 07-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #10
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

cant wait to read all about it
Old 07-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #11
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
We returned from the marathon car trip. lots of photos to upload. DD loved the space center and we all agreed that the water park in New Branfauels was a bust. It was a bummer since it was rated the best water park in the nation. GUess we are spoiled with having Wisconsin Dells so close by
Our kids haven't liked it either - they were overwhelmed by the size of it, and didn't feel the CMs were helpful or safety conscious at all.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #12
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Lucky Peter! Lol. I think next week would work. I'll txt you so we can work out the details. It will be good to see you. This time we will take a photo.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Almost a year since I posted last. Wow! The dis mom 5 trip is right around the corner. I will go back and repost my August trip fun. I did all 4 parks in one day. That was a blast. The count down is on big time for Friday. It's amazing how fast the time went.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: