DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
princesspooh323
Mouseketeer

4th of July 2013

I know I am two months from the 11 month mark, but it is my first year that I am booking as a DVC member, and I want to make sure that I am ready. We will likely do a split stay between beach club and animal kingdom. I am trying to decide which one we want to be at the night of the fourth. I can see pros to both. I like that AK is far from the chaos and crowds, but I like that the beach club is near all of the Epcot fun. I am assuming we won't be able to get into the park as that we like to take midday breaks , and we would rather chance not getting back into a park then dealing with a full day on the park at max capacity.
Has anyone had any experience at either of these resorts on the fourth? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani Village/ Swan October 2013, Coronado Springs/Beach Club Villas/ Pop Century June & July 2013, Pop Century/Bay Lake Towers Aug 2012, Polynesian/Caribbean Beach Aug 2011, All Star Music/Port Orleans French Quarter June 2009, Wyndam Lake Buena Vista Resort August 2002, Many offsite stays pre 2002

princesspooh323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
BillPA
DIS Veteran

If you are staying at a Disney or DVC resort, you will be able to return to the park.
I would be at BCV for at least the 3rd and 4th. They have extra fireworks at EPCOT and you can just walk back to BCV after, no big crowds to deal with.

We have been at BCV several times for the 4th. This year we will be at BLT to see what MK has to offer for fireworks.

BillPA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
princesspooh323
Mouseketeer

Thanks. Your input is appreciated, and I will plan for BCV. I did read that although resort guests are guaranteed entrance to a park, it may not be the park of their choosing. For that reason I am going with the assumption that the order of filling up will be MK, Epcot, HS, & finally AK.
Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani Village/ Swan October 2013, Coronado Springs/Beach Club Villas/ Pop Century June & July 2013, Pop Century/Bay Lake Towers Aug 2012, Polynesian/Caribbean Beach Aug 2011, All Star Music/Port Orleans French Quarter June 2009, Wyndam Lake Buena Vista Resort August 2002, Many offsite stays pre 2002

princesspooh323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspooh323 View Post
I know I am two months from the 11 month mark, but it is my first year that I am booking as a DVC member, and I want to make sure that I am ready. We will likely do a split stay between beach club and animal kingdom. I am trying to decide which one we want to be at the night of the fourth. I can see pros to both. I like that AK is far from the chaos and crowds, but I like that the beach club is near all of the Epcot fun. I am assuming we won't be able to get into the park as that we like to take midday breaks , and we would rather chance not getting back into a park then dealing with a full day on the park at max capacity.
Has anyone had any experience at either of these resorts on the fourth? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
You own at both of these resorts?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Resort guests are not guaranteed admittance if the parks reach a certain level.

You could leave and not be allowed back in.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
mybabesuz
DIS Veteran

Unless you own at BCV or are renting points, it is impossible to get BCV for July 4th at 7 months.
I try almost every year. My B-Day is July 4th.
We usually spend the 4th at EPCOT and the 3rd at MK...

Going a week later this year, since the 4th is on a Wednesday it messes up the days off.
But I'll be trying for BCV again next year...
mybabesuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #7
Traveler14
Earning My Ears

Events for the 4th of July

Been to WDW for the 4th? I am trying to get an idea of what to expect for special events and celebrations.
June 2012 Vero Beach
Traveler14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:40 AM   #8
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler14 View Post
Been to WDW for the 4th? I am trying to get an idea of what to expect for special events and celebrations.
Mickey and friends have a skit in the American Gardens Theater. I think it took place 3 times, and we went to the first show, it wasn't particularly crowded, but the other shows were.

We stayed at BCV and did leave for an afternoon swim and walked back to the park in the early evening because we did want to see the fireworks. The fireworks were great!!! We had seen the MK fireworks on the 3rd, and they were great too!

As far as booking. At 7 months, I was able to get a studio for a friend for the 4th at BCV, just the one night. This was 2 years ago. I had booked a standard view at BWV at 11 months, but was able to get our friends over to where we were staying. So, waitlist if you must, but people do change their plans.

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:37 AM   #9
Jasonkat
Mouseketeer

The first time I went to WDW was July 4th week 2010.

I didn't think the crowds were really all that bad. We got there early and fast-passed efficiently and we always had a ride to go on without waiting too long.

The fireworks at MK were absolutely amazing. The show was probably 30 minutes long and it was the best show we've ever seen. I haven't seen the fireworks at the other parks but I imagine they would be really good, too.

MK was open until 1:00. We left at 11:30 (since we were there at rope-drop 8:00AM). The fireworks were about 9:00 and the park really emptied out by 10:00. We were sitting in Frontierland right next to Splash Mountain to watch the 10:00 parade and all of the logs at Splash kept coming down the drop completely empty.

I imagine a good strategy could be to arrive at MK about 7:00PM and find a good spot to watch the 9:00 fireworks show, then you'd have the 10:00PM-1:00AM time period with very few lines. You could probably ride as much during those 3 hours as you could during the 11 hours between 10:00AM and 9:00PM and you'd avoid the heat.
Jasonkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #10
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

it has been several years - but we did not even enter the parks until the fireworks were over. the second parade was great and the park had very few guests in it.

the kids wanted to ride the roller coasters - 3 times each - so we did. (not sure I would now)

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler14 View Post
Yep, I go over the 4th most years... but I normally skip the parks entirely that day. We gave the MK a try last year - arrived for rope drop (8am) and stayed until around 11 or so... it was EMPTY! Crowds started filling in around 10:30 so we got out shortly thereafter.

We like to swim in the afternoon and then have dinner at the Poly and watch the MK fireworks from the beach.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: