Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

Talking Two castles, f&w, Boo to You and a babymoon! Our oct 2012 pre-trippie!

Hello. I'm Anna and I work at home. I've been married for six years to a great guy named Kenny; hence the username.

Last year was a rough year for us, capped off with an infertility diagnosis. But we refuse to give up and our RE (Reproductive Endocriniologist) has given us some real hope. We are also celebrating my husband's promotion! I am one proud wife!

So, after some false starts, we are going to pick up where we left off last fall and try again. We're going to do the trip we wanted to do last fall. Our trip is Oct. 25-Nov. 2. We are planning to stay three days off property outside of Universal and also visit Sea World. I want to visit the Orlando Prime Outlet Mall. I looove shopping!

On the 28, we will be heading to WDW for five days to stay at the new Art of Animation Resort in the Little Mermaid Room. For this part, we have 4 day PH tickets and DXDP.

We are hoping to just cut loose and have some fun, but are also hoping for the best. *fingers crossed.*

Here's a recent pic of me:

I bleached out my dark hair. It was dyed jet black....a visual remnant of infertility.

And here is my hubby with his other baby. lol

So I'll keep you updated. I have my own youtube channel and if anyone is interested, I can provide a link. I will be vlogging on our trip.

Till next time, have a magical day!

Last edited by Kennywife; 06-10-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Kennywife

So after tweaking our plans, this is what I have come up with:

Oct. 25--flight to MCO
IOA
WWOHP!
dinner at Citywalk. I'm not sure where yet. Kenny likes Jimmy Buffet, so maybe Margaritaville. But we may find some neat unknown place on the way.

Oct. 26--Seaworld day. I've never been to SW and have always wanted to see it.
Mythos that evening, along with another visit to WWOHP. Kenny wants to see Jurassic Park. I want to see the Dr. Seuss area. It looks really cute.

While we're staying off-property, I want to check out the Orlando Prime Outlet Mall and see how much damage I can do. lol. I am putting money back just for shopping there. I want to visit the Coach outlet and CCO (a makeup outlet). Believe it or not, I'm a very smart shopper; I can take a set amount and get a ton of stuff.
Oct. 27--Universal Studios day. We plan to see Shrek and The Simpsons ride. He'll ride roller coasters. I want to get photos of the park.
That evening, we have our first Disney dinner reservations at House of Blues at 7 p.m. We will have our Downtown Disney night then.

Oct. 28--We leave our hotel and check into Art of Animation Resort.

Magic Kingdom morning
Crystal Palace 9:35
Yachtsman Steakhouse 5:45 p.m.
Fantasmic and Disney Studios EMH night

Oct. 29--
AK EMH morning
Boma 10:50 a.m.
California Grill 9:15 p.m. (Wishes!)

Oct. 30--
Epcot EMH morning
Akershus 9:35 a.m.
Rose and Crown 7:50 p.m. (Illuminations....I hope we get a table)

Oct. 31--
Ohana 10:35 a.m. I have a headband and lei that matches Lilo's!
MNSSHP
Chef Mickey's 6:20 p.m.
I think I'm going as Minnie. I have a pair of black leggings with a cute plaid skirt and a sparkly Minnie mouse ears. He'll go as himself. Or maybe a Mouseketeer.

Nov. 1--The start of National Epilepsy Awareness month. I will have on purple because that's our color. I have had Epilepsy for 16 years and although the journey through treatment has been rough, I wouldn't change a thing.

This is our last full day at WDW. We will be relaxing a lot and we will go back to Epcot one last time before we go. It's my favorite park.

Via Napoli 2 p.m.
Jiko 8:05

Nov. 2--
Cape May 9:35

Go home

So that's what I have so far. I'll keep you updated. Have a magical day!

I note about my youtube videos...my travel dates change frequently due to TTC and circumstances beyond my control. As it stands now, we are going Oct. 25-Nov. 2 to Universal/WDW as a couple and I may go to Disneyland before the end of the year before I have my possible fertility surgery.

Last edited by Kennywife; 06-12-2012 at 07:41 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
Kennywife

Hiya!!!!! As Mickey would say!

I can't believe it's just over two months!!!!! Yikes! Still so much to do!!!!

So I have updated our trip.

We are going Oct. 24-Nov. 1

Oct. 24-Oct. 29 we are staying at Pop Century on the FD DXDP plan. On the 29-Nov 1, we are going to stay at AOA room only.

Here is our itinerary now:

Oct. 24--arrive at WDW around 10 p.m. (Kenny will sleep part of the day before we fly out since he works the night before).

Oct. 25--later breakfast at Pop. I learned the hard way not to get up too early after a night flight. Seizure city!

AK day

Tusker House lunch 1:30p.m.

MNSSHP

I plan to be Minnie. He will be him. lol.

Oct. 26--

Akershus 8:35 a.m.

Yachtsman 7:55 p.m.

Head to Boardwalk and see Jellyrolls afterwards or Downtown Disney.

Oct. 27--

Crystal Palace 9:40 a.m.
We plan to see rope drop. I have never seen it in all the times I've been. lol.

open time afterward. We can tour MK, go do whatever. I have downtime for Kenny since he pulls a lot of hours. We will probably spend half a day there and then hang out at the hotel or something else.

California Grill 9:35 p.m.

Oct. 28--open morning

Hollywood Brown Derby 2:10 p.m.

Fantasmic! 7:30 p.m. DHS emh night till 11 p.m.

50's Prime Time 8:15 p.m. (Kenny's choice, I didn't care for it, but I'll do it for him. )

Oct. 29--check out of Pop/check into AOA.

Ohana 8:25 a.m.

Universal day!

Jiko 5:30p.m.

MK emh night till midnight

Oct. 30--Chef Mickey's 9 a.m. (Another Kenny choice)

chillax

HOB 8 p.m. Downtown Disney date night

Oct. 31--Universal day (WWOHP)

Epcot emh night.

Via Napoli 7:45 p.m.

Nov. 1--flight home

Tuesday, I go in for my MRI for fertility and am hoping for some good news there. *crosses fingers* Before we go, I have to have my mother take up my pants....again. (She's a seamstress part time. She enjoys doing it so I don't have to buy new clothes all the time.) I've lost quite a bit of weight in the past year and keep needing to take up my clothes. lol.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
MariDisney
Learned a difficult lesson about eating chocolate in the dark!
Had to admit to eating bird poo to get what she wanted
Fully open=cool. Fully closed=cool. Half way=no can do

Sounds like a fun trip!! Best of luck in your journey TTC. Looking forward to following your report!
Mari...A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is Just a Dream Away...7/98 Carribean Beach ... 1/03 All Star Movies ...9/03 All Star Music ... 6/04 Port Orleans Riverside Honeymoon ... 1/05 Port Orleans French Quarter ... 1/06 Carribean Beach ...9/06 Pop Century ... 8/07 Port Orleans Riverside...9/08 Port Orleans French Quarter...9/09 Coronado Springs...9/11 Port Orleans Riverside

Last edited by MariDisney; 08-12-2012 at 07:36 PM.
MariDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
Kennywife

I had the MRI today and it was scary, but doable. Now just to wait for the results....

I purchased my flights today with gift cards from my boss and some I had saved up. Also put a camera on layaway for our trip! All in all, I got a lot done!

Last edited by Kennywife; 08-18-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Now it's a celebration!!!! AoA for 8 days pre trip pie!
Old 08-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
Kennywife

The results are in and they are......

NORMAL!!!!!!

Oh I was so happy!!!! I cried for two days. Happy tears.

We have decided to do room only instead at AoA since a travel company I do contract work for is picking up the tab for food and tickets!!!! So it actually works out much better!!!!!

I'll keep you updated as things develop....

Last edited by Kennywife; 08-18-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Now it's a celebration!!!! AoA for 8 days pre trip pie!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: