Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
halfmonkey
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 371

buying annual pass but activating later

We're thinking about buying the annual passes through a vendor that can lock in the old prices now but we're not planning on actually using them til later on in the year. My question is, I know we can activate the passes on any day, even blacked out days and we'll be able to get in on that day and it seems that the expiration date for the pass is 12/31. If for whatever reason, we don't get around to going later in the year (wife is prego), am I able to just take all passes that I purchased to DL and activate them without the rest of the family being there? So for example, if we're not able to go this year, can I go to DL and activate the passes on 12/30/12 so that the passes will expire on 12/30/13 without them being there or do they actually need to be there for pictures on the passes or something?
halfmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed
 
GrandBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Monterey County CA
Posts: 2,027

No, everyone needs to be there to activate their passes. Sorry. But if you don't get around to doing so before 12/31, generally what they'll do later is credit you with what you actually paid, as a credit towards selling you tickets or passes at the then-current price.

HTH,
Bob
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
halfmonkey
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandBob View Post
No, everyone needs to be there to activate their passes. Sorry. But if you don't get around to doing so before 12/31, generally what they'll do later is credit you with what you actually paid, as a credit towards selling you tickets or passes at the then-current price.

HTH,
Bob
...to clarify. So if we actually don't activate by the activation deadline of 12/31/12, are you saying that DL will simply credit me the money I paid on the annual pass gift cards/vouchers?

Also, I believe it's been discussed but to confirm, if I activate these new annual passes on a day that these annual passes would normally be blacked out, we still get to go into the park, correct? i.e. If we activate, let's say, Dec 25th, which is blacked out for these passes, DL will still let us into the park and enjoy that day?
halfmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmonkey View Post
...to clarify. So if we actually don't activate by the activation deadline of 12/31/12, are you saying that DL will simply credit me the money I paid on the annual pass gift cards/vouchers?

Also, I believe it's been discussed but to confirm, if I activate these new annual passes on a day that these annual passes would normally be blacked out, we still get to go into the park, correct? i.e. If we activate, let's say, Dec 25th, which is blacked out for these passes, DL will still let us into the park and enjoy that day?
Yes, Bob is correct, you all have to be present to activate the APs as you do have to have a photo taken the day you activate them. Yes, you will get the money you paid credited towards a new AP voucher. IE, say you pay $400 for your current vouchers but you are unable to activate them prior to 12-31-12, you go to the parks on 1-15-13 and you receive $400 towards the current price of $650 leaving you with a difference of $250 to pay at that time. I hope that makes sense, my numbers are exact but rather a guesstimate. Finally, yes, you can activate your voucher on any day and you can enter the parks, so if you blacked out on the day you activate you are still good to enter, you just have to get a special ticket from the ticket booth so you can go in. DD16 and I did that in July with no problems.
__________________
Kerri DBF DD17 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmonkey View Post
We're thinking about buying the annual passes through a vendor that can lock in the old prices now but we're not planning on actually using them til later on in the year...
May I ask which vendor (name, phone, website?) you are using? TIA.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
disneymum58
Mouseketeer
 
disneymum58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 391

I'm not sure that everyone has to be present to activate the passes on Dec.30? The picture doesn't need to be taken that day. I upgraded my PH to an Annual Pass the first day of our Labor Day weekend trip. I was told any Photopass photographer could take my picture. They did ask for my ID everytime I entered until I got my picture taken, but I didn't actually get my picture taken till a few days later after buying the AP.
__________________
Julia David DS14 DS11

disneymum58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymum58 View Post
I'm not sure that everyone has to be present to activate the passes on Dec.30? The picture doesn't need to be taken that day. I upgraded my PH to an Annual Pass the first day of our Labor Day weekend trip. I was told any Photopass photographer could take my picture. They did ask for my ID everytime I entered until I got my picture taken, but I didn't actually get my picture taken till a few days later after buying the AP.
Everyone getting an AP must be present. You are supposed to get your photo taken the day you activate your AP. We had ours done at night, after dark.
__________________
Kerri DBF DD17 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.