Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Fall 2012=Fast moving Friends, Food, Frights, Firsts and Fun with only Females!

I have been promising to start a PTR for some time. I had the excuse that I wanted to finish my TR from December. Then I had to start a PTR for an unexpected trip next month. Ultimately though, I wasn't sure what title to use to describe everything about the upcoming trip.

I had wanted to say "Fall 2012 - Full of Fast moving Friends; eating Food, enjoying Firsts and Frights - but most of all having Fun because they are Forgoing bringing anyone who is not Female."

Who knew a PTR title could not be that long? However, it does sum it up... Normally, an F word may not be thought of in such a positive way, but this time it is. F is for FULL. This trip will be VERY full.

There will be a race, a couple parties, a festival (oh, look another f word) a birthday first, a first visit... the list goes on and on. Most importantly however, this trip will be ONLY for girls (sorry guys )

I will attempt to organize my thoughts and share with you my plans. Hopefully, in such a way that will be entertaining and not totally discombobulated. (which, I fear is how my reports always end up being)

And here we go....
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Planning Information

Introductions for room one
introductions for room two
Dates and Hotel
Room 2 - Dates and Hotel
Day 1 - Tuesday 9/25
Day 2 - Wednesday 9/26
Day 3 - Thursday, 9/27
Day 4 - Friday 9/28
Room 2/Day 1 - Friday 9/28
Day 5 - Saturday 9/29
Room 2/Day 2 - Saturday9/29
Day 6 - Sunday 9/30
Room 2/Day 3 - Sunday 9/30
Itinerary Booklet
Day 7 - Monday 10/1
Day 8/Day 4 - Tuesday 10/2
Day 8 - Tuesday 10/2 - more specifics
Day 9 - Wednesday 10/3
Day 10 - Thursday 10/4
Day 11 - Friday 10/5

Last edited by annmarieda; 09-21-2012 at 02:46 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Introductions

This may be a tad tricky... there will be a LOT Of people going. maybe I will just list those in my room first.

There is me

(I know, same pic as in the other PTR)

I am mother to 4, married (for nearly 23 years) to Steve and 42 years old. I love Disney trips. I love Disney. Truly some day I want to go somewhere a bit more "sit down" but for now, especially since I have my youngest still... Disney works.

Next there will be my youngest dd.

Zoe is 7 and my very own princess. She has health challenges, but is a joy in my life.

Next is my oldest dd.

Kira is my oldest child, and yes is married. If I were to say which of my kids was more like me in my Disney obsession, it would be her. She did not go with us on our last trip to WDW and it looks as though she will not go with us to DLR next month so this trip makes me pretty excited!.

Finally, there is my dd's sil.

Amanda is the one on the left end with dark hair. The funny thing about Kira and her in laws is that Steve and Kira's fil worked together and we have known them since the kids were 10 (the kids being Kira and her dh, Josh since they share a birthday) Amanda is only slightly younger than Josh. I think less than a year. She and Kira have become close and she was the perfect choice to have as a 4th person in our room since. a. She has never gone and always wanted to when Kira and Josh have gone and b. We all know her. Zoe looks at her as a sister as well.

In the next room will be a dear friend I have met through dis and her group. Betsy (tankgirl) and I met online when following each other's reports for a labor day trip back in 2010. She went on several trips in 2011, one of which was during the time I was down there so we got to meet IRL. On that trip we met at the airport, rode DME together and checked into Pop together. We then spent time together at MVMCP and then had breakfast the next day. It was a highlight of my trip.

Just as with her December trip, her friend Shelly will also be in the room. I dont' know much about Shelly other than at MVMCP she was mistaken for grandma.

Shelly will be bringing along her grand daughter, Kaylani (not sure how to spell it... so I spelled it phonetically) Kaylani is a couple years younger than Zoe so it will be fun to have another little girl around.

Last, and just confirmed today, is another previous travel companion of Betsy's. Her cousin will be their 4th in the room.

AND as if our group of 8 wasn't large enough... Shelly has another couple family members who plan to join for just a couple days. I am not certain of their relationship. I believe it is Shelly's daughter in law and another granddaughter. I am not sure where they are staying exactly. Truly, I think their plans won't really be affected by ours or visa vera.

So there you have a total of 10 people...all females. What do you think? Are we all mad
Old 06-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

YEAH!!!!!

Guess what, Ann, I really want to be on board for this one!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

Can't wait to hear your plans since we'll be there at the same time!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Made it on the first page... I can't wait to see how you manage 2 PTRs!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

2nd Room

Should I add my room???

First off there is me:

This is one last trip for me before my AP expires. I'm not going to extend it.

Then Shelly was invited to join along:

She was trying to figure out whether to just bring her great niece Kaylani (nice job on spelling Ann ) or invite Kaylani and her DIL Delia and GD Sabrina. Ended up with inviting Kaylani and Delia and Sabrina will be joining us from Friday when we get there until I believe Monday.

I had asked my cousin from January to join us and she had to think about it, but with ticket prices going up I wanted to get her locked in with the lower price. She got it okayed by her folks so she'll be joining. I have yet to finish my December TR or start my January TR so these photos are spoilers.

Our January trip was very productive with her proposal in MK.

And a picture of the two of us that gets people laughing:

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause I’ve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
tankgirl427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Life Update - Posted on Both reports

So wish me luck. Today out of the blue, a rep who works for the company I do quit. It just happens to be for the territory that Zach's girl friend lives in. She has been having a rough time at work lately... and when my manager asked me today if I knew anyone in that area.. I didn't hesitate to say I did. Within an hour.. she was hired and I get to train her over the next couple weeks.

So if you could all wish me luck that a. I train her well and b. that her and Zach's relationship doesn't end badly (or at all... I REALLY like this girl)

The two of them did a 5k dirty dash over the weekend. This is a picture of the two of them (and her friend) I had to ask my son. "son, why did you tackle her if you were on the same team?"

She loved the tackle... I am not sure if you can tell by her face. She is such a good match for him. It makes me happy to see them both so happy.

Here is another shot of their "team" Yes, she got my son to wear a shirt that reads "victorious secret" on it.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #9
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Great first day plans, Ann! I am glad you were able to take advantage of the SW sale! I hope Zoe will be okay. At least it will only be 7 hours and not 9. =)

DTD is a great plan for the evening of Day 1. You can get a little bit of Disney but not overextend yourself! Can't wait to hear about Day 2.
Thanks, the sale affected Kira more than it did me. I am just happy we are on the same flight now.

As for Zoe, I am sure she will be fine. If I have her cath right before we leave, it will be like a middle of the night thing..so she should be able to make it till 10am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Your travel day plans sounds really good! I think it's a good decision that y'all are staying home the night before.

Excalibur is so close to Luxor.....that's a great location! You can just hop on the tram to/from Luxor. It'll be like a ride on a mini-monorail.

The timeshare we own through Hilton is on the strip in Vegas. We love, love, love Vegas! Now that we have a little one, it's definitely much harder to do trips there. Our last trip was for our 10 year anniversary in 2009.
I think staying home that night before will be a good thing.

As for making it to the Luxor. Thanks! that is good to know. Thing is... even though, that is where the wedding is suppose to be... he has yet to make any sort of reservation. So..who knows? Maybe we won't even need to go to the Luxor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
The Excalibur is a wonderful hotel, Ann!
We stayed there on our second visit!

And I should have known it, that there is some more flight changing for your September trip. But thankfully it's all good.

Day one plans sound really good!

Ann, we are leaving at the end of the week and while I will try to catch up with you, I am not sure how much time there will be to reply. So if I am more quiet than usual, please forgive me!
Karin, I am so sorry I have been so quiet. I can't seem to stay caught up with anything any more... my house to dis.. at least my bills are paid. I do need to make final payment here in the next couple days for the trip though, so gotta stay on top of that! So please!!! Just have a good trip!!! I can't wait to hear all about it.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #10
amandaw
DIS Veteran

That's so awesome that you were able to get Zach's girlfriend the job! I'm sure you'll do an excellent job of training her! They make a very cute couple!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #11
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

We love going to DTD on our first day. However, we land so early on this trip that we'll actually get to go to a park relatively early! We'll still be going to DTD for dinner though. It really stinks that you'll be landing while I'm taking off for home!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #12
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's so awesome that you were able to get Zach's girlfriend the job! I'm sure you'll do an excellent job of training her! They make a very cute couple!
I am happy to have got her the job. Honestly, it isn't a bad job. It doesn't pay a whole lot... but it is flexible. I think she was stressing out about her job and how she was going to manage it along side full time school and cheer practice and military duty. Retail/minimum wage places tend to tell you when you are going to work and that is the end of it... not much in the way of working out a schedule that works for everyone. In fact... I swear some managers live to try and schedule people in ways that are the most inconvenient. My only worry is that since she is 20... the flexibility might be not strict enough. It is easy to say... "oh, I have another day or two before that job is due" and then have a crisis cause it all has to be done at once. Course.. this is my irrational fear. She manages school...cheer... guard. I am sure she can manage her time just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
We love going to DTD on our first day. However, we land so early on this trip that we'll actually get to go to a park relatively early! We'll still be going to DTD for dinner though. It really stinks that you'll be landing while I'm taking off for home!
Dinner choices at DTD are pretty good. It makes for a good first day place to eat.

It does stink... we will miss eachother by "this much"
Old 09-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #13
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Wow! I have missed a lot in the past few weeks. Your plan sounds great! I highly recommend Kouzzina for breakfast. I really like the waffles there.
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
oceanwave
Mouseketeer

Your plans are sounding fab!

We may be at the same Halloween party. Still debating it. We will have done the Tuesday party but I am thinking there will be lots that we will have missed, like meeting the dwarfs! Glad to hear I am not the only one who hasn't decided on costumes!

Hope you get ridemax sorted out soon.

Glad to hear the training is going well. Hopefully they will move you up to the next corral.

September 2012 - POFQ
September 2011 - Coronado Springs

Sep/Oct PTR
oceanwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:04 AM   #15
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yep....we were originally at POFQ, too! But, then I had to go & mess everything up by switching us to BC.

I am really hoping Reid will sleep in at least a little bit that Sunday morning. I think we're going to try to get to Beaches & Cream right when they open at 11am. If you don't make it to Kouzzina's, you're welcome to come meet us there!
OH!! Beaches and Cream... just another place I need to try and fit in sometime.

I really hope to make Kouzzina. If I don't though... I know where you will be
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Wow! I have missed a lot in the past few weeks. Your plan sounds great! I highly recommend Kouzzina for breakfast. I really like the waffles there.
I am super excited about breakfast! I only have heard good things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwave View Post
Your plans are sounding fab!

We may be at the same Halloween party. Still debating it. We will have done the Tuesday party but I am thinking there will be lots that we will have missed, like meeting the dwarfs! Glad to hear I am not the only one who hasn't decided on costumes!

Hope you get ridemax sorted out soon.

Glad to hear the training is going well. Hopefully they will move you up to the next corral.
Yes... I guess now Kira and Amanda are going shopping for their costumes on sunday. wonder if that leaves Zoe and I to figure something out.

I am really starting to wonder about ridemax... I will have to sit down and figure it out tomorrow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: