Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
disneydreaminA115
Long time lurker - coming out to play!

Eating and Napping Our Way Through The World *11/10 -The Final Chapter* -COMPLETED!-

Introduction

Hello, Hello! And welcome to my very first TR! My name is Ashley, and as far as the Disboards are concerned I'm a relative newbie to posting.
I am a Disney freak - always have been, always will be.
I am also a born again Christian, wife to an awesome guy, mom to beautiful twincesses, and an aspiring writer.
My "post count" is small, but I've been a lurker since my 6 months of bedrest two years ago, when I gorged myself on Dining reviews

This is the story of my very first every trip to Disney World, as well as my husbands, and our twin daughters.
My mother, who joined us to help with the littles, had been once before, but it was a long time ago.
For all intents and purposes, this was our first real trip!

As I'd mentioned, I'd been stalking on the Disboards for months, so when it came time to book my first trip, everything was planned to a T.
We were headed out from Sunday November 27th and staying for 5 nights in POFQ and using the DxDP.
However, about a month before we were supposed to leave, my husband found out that his work schedule had changed, and it actually gave us an extra day off during our vacation.
So what'd we do? Added it to our vacation of course! Unfortunately POFQ was booked solid at that point, so we decided to stay in POP for the first two nights and then head over to POFQ.

The Cast

As I mentioned before, I'm Ashley! This is me and DH on the monorail during our date night in Disney

And this is the rest of our crew - On the left is my DH again with our daughter LoveBug, and on the right is Nana (my mom) with LooBerry, they were 14 months at the time of this trip.

As a whole this trip was less than what I had hoped for and expected. This was no fault of Disney's, but more that our children decided precisely when we arrived in Florida that they wanted almost nothing to do with their stroller. This wasn't helped by the fact that we all shared a room, and because Nana wakes up so ungodly early, it would frequently wake up the babies way before their usual wake up time, thus resulting in irritable babies.

In fact, it was for that reason I didn't immediately write a trip report.
However, some time has passed, as has some of the frustration, and I find myself looking back fondly over our vacation photos.
And decided it was high time to write this report!
So, without wasting anymore time, here we go!

*The evening star is shining bright, so make a wish and hold on tight, there's magic in the air tonight and anything could happen*

Grand Floridian Dec 2012 - The Sweetest Little Disneymoon Ever! **In Progress**
POP/POFQ Dec 2011 - Eating and Napping Our Way Through The World - A First Timers Black Friday Trip Report!

Last edited by disneydreaminA115; 11-10-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
disneydreaminA115

Table of Contents

Table of Contents

Introduction

*Day 1*

Chapter 1: Sunshine and Takeoffs

Chapter 2: The Longest Layover

Chapter 3: The Last Leg

*Day 2*

Chapter 4: Bright Beginnings

Chapter 5: Our First Taste of Disney

Chapter 6: A Date of Royal Proportions, Part I

Chapter 7: A Date of Royal Proportions, Part II

*Day 3*

Chapter 8: Heading Down On The River

Chapter 9: A Yakkity Dinner

Chapter 10: A Prime Time for Hollywood

Chapter 11: A Blustery Afternoon

Chapter 12: Music and Dancing and Bread Pudding - Oh My!

*Day 4*

Chapter 13: A Sweet Day at EPCOT!

*Day 5*

Chapter 14:The Best Day!

*Day 6*

[http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=31]
Chapter 15:The Final Chapter
[/URL]

*The evening star is shining bright, so make a wish and hold on tight, there's magic in the air tonight and anything could happen*

POP/POFQ Dec 2011 - Eating and Napping Our Way Through The World - A First Timers Black Friday Trip Report!

Last edited by disneydreaminA115; 11-10-2012 at 08:47 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
disneydreaminA115

Sunshine and Takeoff's

Chapter 1: Sunshine and Takeoffs

I checked my phone for about the hundredth time in half an hour, impatiently waiting for the six a.m. alarm to go off. Just five more minutes now! Beside me DH was snoring, how he managed to sleep so soundly when we were about to leave for Disney (!!!) was beyond me. The excitement was running through me like an electrical current, I was wiggling my toes in impatient anticipation. *BEEP, BEEP, BEEP* - Finally!

I jumped out of bed and quickly brushed through my hair and brushed my teeth, then packed up the rest of my toiletries into my carry-on bag. I quietly crept into the nursery and rubbed LooBerry's back, then LoveBugs, and then left the room to give them some time to wake up.

DH got no such gentle treatment "Wake up, Wake up, WAKE UP! The alarm has been going off for over 3 minutes now! UP UP UP!" He groaned and rolled over, leaving me no choice but to rip the covers mercilessly away. A few seconds later he was up

I quickly changed and dressed the babies and stuck them snugly in their car seats. The house still smelled like roasted turkey and outside the weather was brisk, but not the usual bone chilling cold upstate New York usually experiences in November. To the east the sun was just making it ascent into the sky, and my horizon was painted with pinks and oranges - it was going to be an awesome day!

We tucked the babies into the car and finished loading our baggage. I gave my kitty (Lilo) a squish and told her we'd see her in a few days (our brother in law would be house sitting to keep her company, although I think she'd have been just fine with having the house to herself. ) And then we were off!

Super excited about being photographed at 7am!

Our first stop was to pick up Nana! She was ready to go as soon as we pulled in, as was my aunt who would be driving us to the airport.

On our way!!

The drive to the airport was quick and painless, the babies relatively well behaved, it was a good start!

Once we arrived we got through security much quicker than we intended, so we decided to get some horrible airport food for breakfast (sorry, didn't manage to get a picture of the McDonalds sandwiches, I know, you're disappointed - I'll do better next time! ).

Soon it was time to board and we left the chilly town of Buffalo behind us!

LooBerry loungin'

The famous blue chips

We were off! destined for warmer winds! But first, we had one more stop to make.

[CENTER]
Continued in next post
[B]

Last edited by disneydreaminA115; 05-31-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
disneydreaminA115

The Longest Layover

Chapter 2: The Longest Layover

Landing in New York City a short time later I quickly realized our (my) first mistake. It was 12:30, aka: Nap time. When I had initially booked our flight my goal was to find the cheapest fare possible. Unfortunately this included a three hour layover. At the time I figured it was no big deal, the babies would nap in their stroller, undisturbed, in a quiet corner somewhere.

Wrong. So, so wrong. I learned something that day - when you have the option of a direct flight with toddlers, take it. ALWAYS take it. Even if it means an extra thousand dollars, TAKE. IT.

This was the day my children, my sweet, well scheduled children, began their stroller rebellion. After we got off the plane, we let the girls run around and gave them some lunch. After about half an hour, serious eye rubbing commenced, and we agreed it was nap time -well, most of us agreed. After thirty minutes of crying and fighting sleep (and satisfactorily annoying every other person within a twenty foot radius) Nana offered to take them on a spin around the airport in hopes it would soothe them to sleep. While she did, DH and I partook in an incredibly over-priced, but much needed, cocktail from the bar. When she got back she parked the stroller, and for a moment all was right again.

Baby toes peeking out from under the stroller

But it wasn't to last. Not 15 minutes went by before they were awake and crying again, and this time - while it subdued them - no amount of stroller pushing would lull them back to sleep. We did what we could to keep them distracted and counted the seconds until we boarded the next plane.

Finally they called our flight number and we checked our stroller, gave the flight attendants a knowingly sympathetic smile and took our seats. We knew that a 15 minute nap meant this was going to be a very, very long flight.

And it was.

The three of us spent the entire time passing the girls back and forth, constantly offering sippy cups and snacks, toys, books, movies, iphones - you name it. Anything we could do to keep them entertained. There were moments of inconsolable crying, but we managed to keep them to a minimum. If you happened to be on the plane, I am truly sorry.

Finally at 7:30 we heard the words we had been praying to hear:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we're preparing for landing"

Continued in next post

Last edited by disneydreaminA115; 05-30-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
disneydreaminA115

We got off the plane and breathed a sigh of relief. We were in Florida!! Just a short bus ride away from Disney!! Our excitement was renewed, even though we were going on the 13th hour of the day.

Happy faces all around to be off the plane!

Hello, beautiful tree!

I loved the way this airport smelled. Maybe it's just because I knew we were *so* close to The World!

We made our way through and soon enough found THIS

WHOOP!

Checking in was quick, and soon we were directed out into the warm air, where this little beauty was awaiting us.

We climbed aboard and my excitement was obvious. My traveling companions were less enthusiastic. At this point it was close to 8:30, the babies were exhausted (and way past bed time), so the bus ride was not ideal. We were hot and flustered by the time we pulled onto Disney property, but as luck would have it POP was the first stop! We quickly slid out of the bus and I rushed into the lobby to check in.

I thought it was absolutely beautiful, all decorated for Christmas. I badly wanted to stop and take it all in, alas I knew we had needs to tend to, so I made triple sure with the CM that there would be pack and plays in our room like we requested, and she assured me they had been delivered - so after an incredibly fast check in, we were off to find our room.

The POP resort was much larger than I thought it would be, and I found the grounds to be incredibly relaxing at night, but we found our building just as the babies went from cranky to full blown melt down.

We took the elevator up to our room to find - no pack and plays. I called down, probably a little more rudely than I meant to, but it was hard with toddlers screaming in your ear to maintain full composure. We let the girls play in the room for a few moments as best we could, but it was incredibly tight with all 5 of us, plus a stroller. 10 minutes later there was a knock on the door, and two pack and plays had finally arrived. We set them up in no time, and got the girls in bed.

Once asleep, Nana and DH went down to the food court to get mugs and dinner, while I quietly sat outside on my laptop updating my friends and family on the days events. Just as I sat down I heard fireworks and music, and all of the days stresses just melted away. A few moments later my party returned with an incredibly unremarkable pizza that was devoured in seconds. Not long after we turned in and were falling asleep to the finale of the fireworks show.

Continued in next post

Last edited by disneydreaminA115; 05-31-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:45 AM   #6
PrincessEeyore
"All it takes is faith and trust and a little bit of pixie dust."

Ashely, first things first - I absolutely love your writing style! Although it's only been 1 day and just a few updates, I can already tell this TR (despite the trip's difficulties) is going to be so great!

I'm sorry to hear that the trip wasn't everything you were hoping it to be but I noticed your counter at the bottom of your signature and am so excited that you're headed back in just a few short months! But your girls are so adorable and I'm sure that this trip with your whole family was so incredibly special and really was a great start to your many upcoming Disney vacations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreaminA115 View Post
...Just as I sat down I heard fireworks and music, and all of the days stresses just melted away...Not long after we turned in and were falling asleep to the finale of the fireworks show.

I love how much you appreciate the little things, like the sunrise that morning and the evening's fireworks - these little comments really make your TR so enjoyable to read and have me so excited to read more. I can't wait for the next update!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
disneydreaminA115

I was awoken the next morning before even the sun; Nana for some reason had found it impossible to sleep past 5am, even on vacation. She tried to dress as quietly as she could and then slipped out to walk the grounds and get some coffee. Unfortunately for us, no matter how softly she tried to tip toe, it wasn't quite quiet enough, and the babies began to stir.

Fortunately we were able to squeeze out another hour and a half of not so solid sleep, but it was better than being up at 5:30!

We sleepily got up and dressed and headed out to grab some breakfast from the food court.

The babies quickly wolfed down some scrambled eggs and pancakes from Nana's platter, and DH and I both got a croissant sandwich with potatoes. I had forgotten to charge my camera, so no pics of this, but believe me when I say it was just basic cafeteria style food. It wasn't terrible, it wasn't great, it just was.

After we finished eating and filling our mugs, we went back to the room and changed into swim suits. It was an absolutely gorgeous day! Low 80's, slight breeze, not a cloud in the sapphire sky. Because we had added the two days to the beginning of our stay, we decided not to add park tickets, thinking it would be best to just use the two days to get settled and relaxed. This turned out to be a really good decision, and I think we'd probably do the same thing next time we went.

After about two hours of swimming we all went back to the room for a quick nap. We woke up somewhere around 1pm absolutely famished, and really not enticed by the idea of eating at Everything Pop again; which was JUST fine with me, because I was dying to head to Downtown Disney!

Continued in next post

Last edited by disneydreaminA115; 05-31-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:12 PM   #8
disneydreaminA115

Chapter 5: Our First Taste Of Disney

Chapter 5: Our First Taste of Disney

We got changed and were on our way!

After a quick bus ride, we were there! Food was the first order of business, and I left it up to my companions - Earl of Sandwich or WPE -- Earl of Sandwich it was! (I may or may not have "gently nudged" them in that direction, But I plead the 5th )

The line was actually intense, we must have waited for 20 minutes before we ordered, but I had had my eye on something ever since I first saw it on the Disboards, and I'd be darned if I wasn't going to get it!

We placed our orders and headed out into the patio area with our buzzer where we found Nana and babies holding down a table. Soon enough our food was ready.

Nana couldn't figure out what she wanted, so she went inside and ordered after we got back - but we couldn't wait to eat, we were starving!

My sandwich!

The Holiday! Can I just tell you how much I loved this? Turkey, Mashed potatoes, Cranberry sauce, all on freshly baked bread? Oh my. Moses supposes his toses are roses!! I shared a bite with Nana and it's what she ended up ordering for herself, and my husband - while he enjoyed his sandwich - lamented at the superiority of my sandwich in comparison. What can I say? I do my research!

DH's sandwich - The Full Montagu, Roast Beef, Turkey, Swiss and Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomatoes, and a mustard sauce. He said it was good, but I just took his word for it.

We scarfed them down, not quite filled up, but I assured everyone they were going to want to save room for later!

We walked around taking in all the sights of DD, and I absolutely fell in love. If I could spend every weekend there, I would be the happiest woman alive. Nothing caught my eye as quickly as this, though!

Not only am I a Disney fanatic, but I am obsessed with Christmas. It's the best time of the year, and as soon as the leaves start to change I break out my Santa Baby music and hitch up some reindeer to the top of my roof. Forget Halloween, I skip right to the good stuff

I think my DH had a slight aneurysm when he realized what I was so excited about - but fortunately (for him) we made it out with just three Christmas ornaments. *Pat on the back for self-control*

We moseyed in and out of a few more shops before I noticed the air was cooling and the sun was climbing slightly down. I checked my watch and realized it was close to 6 o'clock, which meant it was time to start wrapping things up here.

But not quite yet - we had one place I'd had on my to-do list for months

Goofy's!!

Somehow my sweet-toothed DH passed on the treats (I think it may have been the sticker shock) - but boy oh boy, I sure didn't!

My creation!

A Mickey Krispy treat coated in peanut butter chips and drizzled with milk chocolate. Holy. Moses.

This thing was huge!

I'm not ashamed to admit that I worked on it the ENTIRE trip. It was so big and so incredibly sweet - my DH helped me with it at the end, and it's a good thing, because I don't think I'd have been able to finish it alone!

We took a quick photo for Nana with the girls

Then headed back to Pop! We needed to get the girls in bed while Nana grabbed some dinner, because that night I had a surprise planned for DH. We had a date of *royal* proportions to get ready for!

Continued in next post

Last edited by disneydreaminA115; 06-01-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #9
disneydreaminA115

Chapter 9: A Yakkity Dinner

Chapter 9: A Yakkity Dinner (Alternately entitled: The Post That Tried Not To Exist)

**I think I've written this post about thirteen hundred thousand times, but thanks to a spastic computer, it never published. I even tried to type it into Word and save it, but once again the virus from hades refused to allow me passage. Fortunately a 36 hour hard drive wipe was "all" it took, we're back in business now!

I'm honestly not even certain that anyone is still reading this, and it crossed my mind to chalk it up as a loss, call it a learning experience, and move on. BUT, I am determined to get one full report under my belt before beginning another one (hint hint!), and we haven't even really gotten to the best part of the trip. SO! I'm hopping back in the saddle and setting my mind to finishing this, STAT!**

We awoke some hours later to stirring, and hopefully well rested, babies. We had all slept later than I anticipated, apparently the past few days had worn us out more than we realized. We had planned to spend some time at our first park of the trip this night, but we were quickly approaching our ADR, after which the park would be closing, so I hurried everyone to get ready and in just a few minutes we were on our way!

To the Animal Kingdom!

Now, the week that we took this trip was promoted as one of the slowest weeks in Disney, that was a big part of why we decided on it (and my obsessive love of Christmas), but even with that in mind, this is not what we expected to see.

A nearly EMPTY park. At first we thought maybe we'd hit all the crowds once we got through security.

But no! This is the way it was the entire time we were there! It was a little strange, to be honest, but we weren't complaining! We literally walked on every single ride we wanted to do, and some of the other ones were closed - and actually found ourselves a little *whispers* bored!

Obligatory Tree of Life picture

We still had 45 minutes until our ADR but we thought we'd check in early to see if the had anything available, because at this point we were just meandering through stores that we had no intention of purchasing from.

Sure enough the hostess said there was PLENTY of space (because the park was empty! ha!) and we could come on in. Thus began our dinner at Yak and Yeti!

DH and Looberry!

Now, I only had my cell phone camera, and the food pictures stunk, BUT I've seen some other Disers "borrow" from the interwebz, so I'm going to do the same!

This was our first taste of the DxDP, and we quickly realized we may have bitten off more than we could chew (har har), and coming from a big ol' foodie like me, that's saying something!

As you know, we each got an appetizer.

I ordered the Wok Fried Green Beans

Which were freaking delicious! We have a thing, fried green beans and I. *insert dreamy sigh* By I digress.

DH got the pot stickers

I don't care for pot stickers, something about the texture makes me gag. But he loved them, so you'll have to take his word for it.

And Nana ordered the Pork Egg Rolls!

Which I LOVED. I briefly considered order these for my entree, but then I came to my senses.

For an entree I ordered the Beef and Broccoli

Yum. Yum, yum, yum. I love steak. And Broccoli. And starch. Winner!

DH ordered the Shaoxing Beef and Shrimp

And he absolutely raves about it to this day.

And Nana ordered the ribs!

Which were pretty good. They weren't great - but we have some awesome rib joints up here, so we consider ourselves a little spoiled. For being a theme park restaurant, we thought these were definitely good!

At this point we were all stuffed beyond comprehension, but I'd heard SO much about a certain dessert that I HAD to try it, no matter if it landed me in the indigestion infirmary.

The cream cheese wontons

Nom. Nom, nom, nom. I love these - SO glad we tried them! I only managed to eat one, and dh and Nana split one, and the girls ate the rest of them. (oh, they'd eaten off our plates the whole dinner too. I'm not one of those moms that lets her kids only eat dessert. Usually. AHEM.)

With full bellies we managed to meander out of the restaurant. The park was closing in just a few minutes and the kids were getting grumpy again anyway, so we made our way out. The park was beautiful at night with the lights shining, that was probably my favorite part.

That being said, I don't foresee us going back to the AK until the girls are old enough to ask for it. I don't care much for the zoo feel anyway, but when we do go back, chances are good we'll stop at Y&Y again.

We made our way back to POFQ and hopped back in the pool for a while. It had been a really warm day, but we noticed the temperatures dropping off quite a bit more than they had the past few nights. So, we packed up the girls and gave them a warm bath back in the room, tucked them in bed, and then DH and I went out to the bar to have some quiet time while Nana went to bed in the room.

When we finished our beers we walked around the resort, taking it all in. I love POFQ. It is so absolutely beautiful. There was a movie being played on the open grassy area where a few families had gathered. I look forward to doing that some day with our kiddos.

We found ourselves down at the dock and decided to hop on board the ferry and take the trip down to DD. The ride was so much fun. We were fascinated by the tree-house villas, and if we ever stay at DW with a huge group, I'm TOTALLY booking those!

We decided that we didn't feel like shopping that night, so we just stayed on the boat for the ride back, talking and laughing and having some much needed private adult time. (Not like that. this is a family park, get your head right! )

By the time we got back it was close to 11 so we decided to call it a night and hope that tomorrow - our second day in the parks - would prove to be more of a success!

**Thanks to the Disneyfoodblog and other various google images sources that provided these pictures**

Continued in next post

Last edited by disneydreaminA115; 08-09-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #10
disneydreaminA115

We woke up, as you can probably guess, just before the proverbial rooster, thanks to Nana's internal clock. The babies insisted they were wide awake and ready to face the day - the whole day, even. I was skeptical, but obviously outnumbered I surrendered my warm cozy pajamas in lieu of something a little more public appropriate.

Once dressed we decided to meander down to POR for breakfast and check out the grounds. We followed the carriage path that wound beside the river, the birds chirping and the sun spilling it's new light over the water. It was a truly beautiful morning. I decided not to bother with the camera and just enjoy my little family.

I fell immediately in love with the southern styled mansions, and Nana was oohing and aahhing every step of the way. I definitely made a mental note to keep it on our list for possible future resorts.

We got to the Riverside Mill Food Court and paid for our breakfasts, then chose a table and sat down. As we ate and fed the kiddos we talked about what our plans were for the day, and decided that it'd be best to put the girls down for an early nap before we headed off to the parks. We had Hollywood Studios on the agenda for both lunch and dinner, so we needed them to make it through.

As we finished our rather unremarkable breakfast and began walking back, I noticed how humid and hot it was getting and remarked that it'd be nice if it cooled down a touch. Those words would come back to haunt me.

Back at the FQ we went swimming again and all took a nap. The babies took a while to fall asleep, so when it was time to wake them up I was already feeling like this might be a bad idea, but we had an ADR to get to and, gosh darn it, I wanted to play in a park!

So off we went! It was a beautiful sunny, clear day, and even though they were short on sleep, the twincesses seemed relatively happy, I was feeling hopeful.

Now, I don't know when, but sometime on the 10 minute drive from PO to DHS, my clear, sunny skies turned ominously black. Remember that hopeful feeling? It was starting to slip away. I checked the weather on my phone, and according to them there was no rain in the area. I was doubtful, but maybe it was just a clump of dark, low, heavy clouds passing by. Maybe?

We got through security and swiped our key cards, and just as I was about to take out my camera and snap away, those "not" rain clouds opened up and DUMPED about a million gallons of water on us. So the camera was quickly shoved away, sunshades were thrown over babies, and we made a mad dash to the 50's PT cafe. All I can say is thank goodness I did my homework and had SOME idea of where we were going.

We parked our stroller under a tiny bit of awning and prayed that we would be okay when we got out, then we pressed into the packed restaurant and gave our names and sat to wait.

DH and Looberry, a little wet!

Nana and Lovebug were pretty dry though.

Now, we were just about 10 minutes early for our ADR, so when 10, 15, 20 minutes passed our ressie time, I began to get a little frustrated. I checked with the hostess who assured me that we were "close". 25, 30, 35. Babies started getting anxious. They were hungry, and confined to adults' arms and supervision, neither of which made them happy.

Finally, 40 minutes after our ADR time, we were called back to our table.

Duck, DH!

Our "cousin" brought out our drinks and took our orders pretty quickly. There was a little playfulness, but I think she could see that we were all a little bit flustered, so she took it easy on us. She was great with the girls, though, and I was appreciative.

Soon, actually really fast, our appetizers were brought to us.

DH ordered the wedge salad. Now, DH had never HAD a wedge salad before. So they bring our all of our appetizers, and he's still a little miffed about waiting so long, so when she set the salad in front of him and had rushed away to another table, he took one look at it, then looked at me and said "Are you kidding? They couldn't even take the time to cut it up?!" I had to fight my laughter, for the time being, as I gently explained to him that it was a WEDGE salad, and this was how it was supposed to be. It clicked, and he blushed a little and said "oh... yeah. I guess that makes sense." And oh, he loved it! And now he orders one every time we go somewhere that offers it, and every time I tease him. I mean, I have to, right?

Nana and I got the same thing

Onion rings. These were pretty good, not great, and certainly not the best I've ever had. I thought the onion pieces were too thick, so that they slid out of the breading when you took a bite. But the coating was good and crisp and not too greasy, so that was a redeeming factor.

The Twincesses liked them, anyway

Our cousin came back to check on us, and seeing that we were ALL in a much better mood, upped the ante a little. She was hilarious and sweet and so much fun. We had a great time talking with her.

Soon she brought out our entrees

DH got the salmon with onion strings (which I don't see on the lunch menu anymore... hmm.) At any rate, he thought it was a little bland but nicely cooked.

And once again Nana and I ordered the same thing - like mother like daughter?

The sampler!

Oh man. Oh my, oh my, oh my. Delicious. Perfect on a rainy day. I'm usually a meatloaf snob, I like my own and that's about it, because I can't handle dry door stoppers, but this I thought was really very delicious. The beef roast was also good, but the fried chicken was the star of the show. I dream about this chicken, folks. Nom.

Adequately stuffed, naturally we ordered dessert!

Smores for DH - which he said tasted like smores, sooo mission accomplished? ha

Nana ordered the Seasonal cobbler - which was apple. She said it was just like apple crisp, which was good!

And I ordered this huge, mountainous beauty

Can I just talk about how ridiculously childlike I felt ordering this? It was AWESOME! DH ate all my caramel corn, the girls ate half of one piece, and I ate half of another, and that was all she wrote. I felt like my pants were going to burst, I just couldn't do it!

We "paid" the check, left our tip, thanked our cousin and headed out. There were still tons of people waiting and we didn't want someone else's starving toddlers melting down because we felt like dawdling.

Now, I know that 50's PT gets a lot of mixed reviews on here, but I loved it. No, the food will probably not blow your mind, you won't be elevated to a new culinary horizon, but it is really good solid home style food. If you like that, if you need a break from the "special" Disney food, this is your place to go.

So with that said, we wandered out into the open air to find it still lightly sprinkling and decided there was only one thing we could do - time to find some ponchos!

Continued In Next Post

Last edited by disneydreaminA115; 10-08-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: