Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
LivingtheWDWdream
Dreamin of Disney!

May 12, 2013- Disney Dream- Setting Sail on Mother's Day!

Anyone else going to be going on this Disney Dream Sailing? If so join in lets chat and help each other pass the time away until we get to set sail on the Disney Dream!

My name is Amy and I am a Disney Cruise Addict! This will be our 5th cruise but I spend countless hours reading, watching, and learning about everything DCL related! My mother and I live about 45 minutes from Port Canaveral and visit the area often to watch the cruise ships leave from port. We do live 5 miles from Epcot so we do spend a lot of time in the theme parks when we aren't working or going to college classes!

Roll Call:

LivingtheWDWdream
Amy - 30 (5th Cruise)
Angela - 57 (5th Cruise)
SR: 8092
Dining: Main
Show: Late
FE: Maybe

Kav6970
Kelli- age 42
Paul- age 42
Charlie and Max, twin boys, age 3
SR: 9176
FE: Undecided

jpeppers
John-age 50
Katelyn-age 11
SR: 7192
Dining: Late
Show: Early
FE: unknown

So if your cruising on this sailing please let me know I can add you to the roll call! Would love to have others to chat with about our upcoming cruise

Last edited by LivingtheWDWdream; 06-10-2012 at 01:44 PM.
LivingtheWDWdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #3
Kav6970
Earning My Ears

Disney Dream May 2013

Hi, Amy! We will also be sailing on the Dream on May 12, 2013. This will be our first family vacation and first cruise ever. We live in Omaha, NE, and hope we can find some decent priced airfare to get us to Orlando. Our twin boys will be 4 when we set sail. We booked a back to back cruise, so we will be following this 4 night cruise on the Dream with a 3 night starting May 16th. I am super excited to (hopefully) get the chance to have at least one dinner with my husband that is quiet and where I can actually eat slow enough to taste my food! I am also excited to be able to celebrate both Mothers' Day and my birthday on the Dream. We have very outgoing boys, so we are confident that they will love the Oceaneers Club and Lab. As the next year passes, I'm sure I will start freaking out about what to do, how to do it, and when to do it! Since you're so experienced, I might be asking for lots of advice if you don't mind. I've already spent countless hours online researching and learning about all things DCL. To follow your format:

url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
Kav6970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
LivingtheWDWdream
Dreamin of Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav6970 View Post
Hi, Amy! We will also be sailing on the Dream on May 12, 2013. This will be our first family vacation and first cruise ever. We live in Omaha, NE, and hope we can find some decent priced airfare to get us to Orlando. Our twin boys will be 4 when we set sail. We booked a back to back cruise, so we will be following this 4 night cruise on the Dream with a 3 night starting May 16th. I am super excited to (hopefully) get the chance to have at least one dinner with my husband that is quiet and where I can actually eat slow enough to taste my food! I am also excited to be able to celebrate both Mothers' Day and my birthday on the Dream. We have very outgoing boys, so we are confident that they will love the Oceaneers Club and Lab. As the next year passes, I'm sure I will start freaking out about what to do, how to do it, and when to do it! Since you're so experienced, I might be asking for lots of advice if you don't mind. I've already spent countless hours online researching and learning about all things DCL. To follow your format:

Welcome! Yes what a great Mother's Day gift! When is your birthday? Mine is the 18th of May.

The boys will love the clubs and hopefully you will be able to enjoy Palo or Remy. If when you go to book online for the Palo/Remy Reservations and it says they are sold out. Don't panic. If that happens check every so often things sometimes open up online through cancellations but also when you board the ship first stop should be the 12th Deck Aft where Palo/Remy is located. Try and book it on the ship the first day. We just got off the Fantasy and both restaurants were booked solid at 90 days out. About 70 days out after the final payment date passed some reservations opened for both. We booked what opened for Palo and when we boarded the ship went to Palo and were able to change it to a different date. The sold out Brunches were also all available when I went in person and was able to book 1 of those.

Feel Free to ask any questions and if you go to the trip report section of the Disney Cruise Forum here on the DIS I have a trip report going for the Fantasy which is very similar to the Dream. It might give you some ideas of what to expect.

I'll add your info to my first post so that we can keep track of everything hopefully we will have others join in on the thread and we can help each other pass away the time until we cruise again! A Daunting idea since I have 2 semesters of very hard college classes to get through!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
Kav6970
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your reply! My birthday is May 17th! Thanks for the tips on the restaurants. We are interested in Palo, but Remy is a little out of our league...lol! I've heard that people can usually get a reservation one way or another. I will ask you more as time goes on. Thanks for all your help.

url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
Kav6970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:26 AM   #6
jpeppers
DIS Veteran

My daughter and I will be on this cruise. We are flying out of Seattle and our party is me, John (50 by then) and Katelyn (11). This will be our 1st cruise (my cruises are usually riding the hour long ferry to get to the Seahawk football games) but we are regular visitors to Orlando, I'm not sure how many times I've been (13 or 14 since 2000) but I think Katie has been 6 times and the last 5 years straight. We just got back from Orlando 2 weeks ago and can't wait for the trip. We are in #7192 aft and are scheduled for 2nd dining but not sure how much main dining we will do since we are not fancy eaters......would appreciate any feedback on that. We plan to do the day at Atlantis, I gave my daughter the choice of doing a trip to Atlantis or doing the Dream and visiting Atlantis and she chose the cruise. We can't wait, I am so looking forward to sitting on the verandha and relaxing!
jpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #7
Heddie1376
Earning My Ears

May Cruise 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCowboy View Post
I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Hi everyone. I will also be on the May 12 Cruise:
myself-36
hubby-47
Evan-10
Lauren-4

We are huge Disney fans. We go to Disney world at least once a year. This will be our first Disney Cruise and I have no idea what to expect or what I should be booking. Any help that anyone can offer I would greatly appreciate. We are flying in from NJ. I just heard about the Fish Extenders. I purchased one but now I dont know how to participate in this. Anyone?

Thanks!!!
Heddie1376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #8
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heddie1376 View Post
myself-36
hubby-47
Evan-10
Lauren-4

We are huge Disney fans. We go to Disney world at least once a year. This will be our first Disney Cruise and I have no idea what to expect or what I should be booking. Any help that anyone can offer I would greatly appreciate. We are flying in from NJ. I just heard about the Fish Extenders. I purchased one but now I dont know how to participate in this. Anyone?

Thanks!!!

You will love cruising since 2007 seven we have been to WDW at least once if not twice a year. Last year we did both our first cruise on the Disney Magic and WDW. We loved the cruise so much that we are doing a cruise this year again for anniversary and not going to WDW. The FE is fun but we are not doing it this time. I believe Audrey is in charge of it I am sure she will she your post to join the FE if you want just let her now on here.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #9
CommDoc13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heddie1376 View Post
myself-36
hubby-47
Evan-10
Lauren-4

Thanks!!!

My hubby (40) and I (36) and daughter, Addi (4) have just booked as well. This will be our first family cruise... have no idea what to expect. Maybe if we could coordinate our 4 year olds' trips to the play area they'd enjoy it more. My daughter is an extrovert and in preschool... and loves all things Disney... but can be intimidated by older kids and unstructured situations... so I'm nervous!
CommDoc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:46 AM   #10
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommDoc13 View Post
My hubby (40) and I (36) and daughter, Addi (4) have just booked as well. This will be our first family cruise... have no idea what to expect. Maybe if we could coordinate our 4 year olds' trips to the play area they'd enjoy it more. My daughter is an extrovert and in preschool... and loves all things Disney... but can be intimidated by older kids and unstructured situations... so I'm nervous!
Are you the one that just requested to join Facebook a few minutes ago? Initials E.C.

Welcome Aboard!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #11
TinkEBell
"It's Goooood" *In my PIP voice*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommDoc13 View Post
My daughter will turn three two weeks after the cruise and I am concerned about the kids clubs as well. She is advanced for her age as we have all older girls in the family but she is scared of her own shadow I am afraid she will not want to stay in the kids' clubs without us. We are doing PALO on the 13th for our wedding anniversary and have nursery time reserved but I'm hoping she will stay in the kids' clubs. I think the nursery will be too kiddy for her. I just want her to enjoy herself.
TinkEBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #12
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkEBell View Post
My daughter will turn three two weeks after the cruise and I am concerned about the kids clubs as well. She is advanced for her age as we have all older girls in the family but she is scared of her own shadow I am afraid she will not want to stay in the kids' clubs without us. We are doing PALO on the 13th for our wedding anniversary and have nursery time reserved but I'm hoping she will stay in the kids' clubs. I think the nursery will be too kiddy for her. I just want her to enjoy herself.
How ironic we are doing Palo for our wedding anniversary as well on the 13th.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
Mom2Finn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommDoc13

I would love to join in with my four year old son. His two best friends are girls and I know he'd love to meet some friends.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #14
The Knapps
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone...we are about to book our May, 12 Dream cruise! It is our second Dream cruise. We loved participating with the Fish Extender and hope to do it again! (I'll sign-up on Audrey's Google Docs page when we officially book.) Also, I requested to join the FB page.

Can't wait to Cruise with you all!

The Knapps...Andrea, Nathan, Amelia-6 and Addison (Addie) 5
The Knapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #15
LadyZy
Earning My Ears

May cruise

I'm going! This will be our second cruise, first for the kids. I write for a blog called Tips From The Disney Diva, I'm Savvy Diva. I've researched the snot out of this ship and I can't wait to write more articles!

LadyZy
Dawn - 34
Shon - 34
Kaury - 10
Colin - 1 1/2
SR: 10082
Dining: Late
Show: Early
FE:

What's FE?
LadyZy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread