Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
hncg57c
Mouseketeer

Sea World's Summer Nights

Does anyone remember roughly what times the night shows during Sea World's Summer Nights were at last year? Also, which restaurants participating in the All Day Dining deal will actually be open until park closing or are there none? We are still debating on getting the All Day Dining deal and this may convince us to get it. Thanks!
hncg57c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
KBF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hncg57c View Post
Does anyone remember roughly what times the night shows during Sea World's Summer Nights were at last year? Also, which restaurants participating in the All Day Dining deal will actually be open until park closing or are there none? We are still debating on getting the All Day Dining deal and this may convince us to get it. Thanks!
From the website:
"ADULT (Ages 10+) wristband valid for 1 entrée (excluding Baby Back Ribs), 1 side OR 1 dessert, 1 regular size non-alcoholic beverage (excluding Naked Juice) each time through the line until 30 minutes before the published restaurant closing time.

CHILD (ages 3-9) wristband valid for 1 Kids’ Meal (beverage excludes Naked Juice, bottled water and hot beverages) and 1 side OR dessert each time through the line until 30 minutes before the published restaurant closing time. Children under 3 may share with an adult. Wristbands must be secured tightly to wrist to be valid. — No front of line access —"

I know some restaurants close in the late afternoon (The Seafire INN for example) however, I would imagine that most restaurants will be open until park closing.

Also, here is a park schedule for Memorial day weekend. Seaworld will be offering the summer nights shows during this 3 day weekend in May. So show times will probably be exactly the same during the summer season as they are for memorial day weekend....

A'Lure, The Call of the Ocean:
1:30, 3:30, 6:30

Blue Horizons:
10:00, 11:30, 1:30, 3:00, 4:30

Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island:
11:15, 12:45, 2:15, 3:45, 5:15

One Ocean:
11:30, 1:00, 2:30, 4:00, 5:30

Pets Ahoy:
10:45, 12:15, 1:45, 3:15, 4:45

Reflections:
9:50

Sea Lions Tonight:
8:15

Shamu Rocks:
9:00
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
hncg57c
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the information. I didn't even know they were having the summer nights shows this weekend.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
jdragr
Mouseketeer

What are Summer Nights? We are driving down Saturday and could go to Sea World on Sunday.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
jdragr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:54 AM   #5
KBF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdragr View Post
What are Summer Nights? We are driving down Saturday and could go to Sea World on Sunday.
Summer nights is a special night time Seaworld event that takes place obviously during the summer season. This weekend is special because memorial day weekend is usually a special preview of summer nights. All shows and events are included with park admission. There is usually a DJ and a dance floor. There are special night time only shows like "Shamu Rocks", "Sealions Tonight" and a fireworks show called "Reflections" These shows are only performed at special times of the year (Spring Break and Summer Season) so they are shows that not everyone gets to see. They are also different from the Shamu day show and Sealion day show that is performed daily. The park is opened until 10:00pm so there is more time to explore the park. I think it's definitely worth a visit.

Just a quick note about "Sealions Tonight". Sealions Tonight is a funny show that spoofs the Seaworld day shows. So if you have not seen the Seaworld day shows, then Sealions tonight won't make any sense. I recommend seeing the Seaworld day shows before you see Sealions tonight.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
hncg57c
Mouseketeer

KBF,

I had another question. Looking at the times for this coming weekend, the night shows are almost back to back. Did you go to all three shows in one night? If so, were you able to get decent seats for Shamu Rocks? My family is a little concerned that we may not be able to get good seats for Shamu Rocks if we go to Sealions tonight also.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #7
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBF View Post
From the website:
"ADULT (Ages 10+) wristband valid for 1 entrée (excluding Baby Back Ribs), 1 side OR 1 dessert, 1 regular size non-alcoholic beverage (excluding Naked Juice) each time through the line until 30 minutes before the published restaurant closing time.

CHILD (ages 3-9) wristband valid for 1 Kids’ Meal (beverage excludes Naked Juice, bottled water and hot beverages) and 1 side OR dessert each time through the line until 30 minutes before the published restaurant closing time. Children under 3 may share with an adult. Wristbands must be secured tightly to wrist to be valid. — No front of line access —"

I know some restaurants close in the late afternoon (The Seafire INN for example) however, I would imagine that most restaurants will be open until park closing.

Also, here is a park schedule for Memorial day weekend. Seaworld will be offering the summer nights shows during this 3 day weekend in May. So show times will probably be exactly the same during the summer season as they are for memorial day weekend....

A'Lure, The Call of the Ocean:
1:30, 3:30, 6:30

Blue Horizons:
10:00, 11:30, 1:30, 3:00, 4:30

Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island:
11:15, 12:45, 2:15, 3:45, 5:15

One Ocean:
11:30, 1:00, 2:30, 4:00, 5:30

Pets Ahoy:
10:45, 12:15, 1:45, 3:15, 4:45

Reflections:
9:50

Sea Lions Tonight:
8:15

Shamu Rocks:
9:00
Last year during the summer there was an earlier Sea Lion's Tonite, too. I think there was just 1 Shamu Rocks but might have been an earlier show, too.

Seems weird that they don't start staying open later till June 23 this year.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
CarolineB
DIS Veteran

I went to Sea World today:

We got on line at 6:00 p.m. for the 6:30 p.m. A'lure show so we could sit in the front center -- great seats. The first two rows are blocked off (no one can sit there so nobody sits in front of you.)

There is a 7:00 p.m. One Ocean show.

The Sky Tower closed due to high winds.

Turtle Trek is open until 10:00 p.m. -- if there's a long line when you visit and you can return later in the night, there probably won't be a long line the last hour (we went after 9:00 p.m. when the line was 5 minutes.) We got to the Turtle Trek area and the line was 20 minutes so we hung out at the dolphin underwater viewing area until the line went down -- it probably took about 15 minutes for the line to go down. Even when the line says 5 minutes, they hold the group back and don't let you in to the first window (manatee section) until an appointed time which is kind of weird but that's how they do it -- maybe it gives the manatees a break? You get about 10 minutes with the manatees then about 10 minutes with the turtles and a turtle talk before the movie.

Manta line at 9:30 p.m. was 5 minutes! Yippee!

You can see most of the fireworks from the park exit or the parking lot if you don't want to walk out with the crowd or be stuck in car traffic leaving the park -- that's what we did (and a lot of other people) and the viewing was good.

Last edited by CarolineB; 05-26-2012 at 09:45 PM.
CarolineB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #9
jdragr
Mouseketeer

We arrived yesterday in Orlando. After an 11 hour drive we did nothing last night and slept in this morning. Still in my pj's. We are planning on going to Sea World today late and then staying late. Thanks for the info!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
jdragr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #10
KBF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdragr View Post
We arrived yesterday in Orlando. After an 11 hour drive we did nothing last night and slept in this morning. Still in my pj's. We are planning on going to Sea World today late and then staying late. Thanks for the info!
How was your visit?
Old 05-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

We are very fortunate in that we arrive just in time to catch the last night of Summer Nights in August, so this has been very helpful. Thank you.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #12
Aussieprincess
Mouseketeer

Just wondering if there is a 'night time only' price for seaworld summer nights? I will be in Orlando attending the Zumba Instructors convention and would love to go afterwards one night...
Planning a 'Proper' trip to DLR for 2014
Aussieprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:10 AM   #13
Emma1987
DIS Veteran

No, it's the same price. But if you're there for more than 1 or 2 days there's a ticket that gives a buy 1 day get one free.. I think.
Disneyworld, Florida Xmas 2004

Disneyland, Paris August 2007
Disneyworld, Florida June 2012 !

2013/2014 - Now to plan a wedding ....
Emma1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #14
KBF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieprincess View Post
Just wondering if there is a 'night time only' price for seaworld summer nights? I will be in Orlando attending the Zumba Instructors convention and would love to go afterwards one night...
During summers of the past, Seaworld had offered a promotion offering tickets for only $30.00! The catch is that you could only use the ticket after 3:00pm. But during the summer season, the park is open until 10:00pm so there was still plenty of time to explore the park. Not sure if it will be the same this summer but keep your eyes open.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #15
Aussieprincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBF View Post
During summers of the past, Seaworld had offered a promotion offering tickets for only $30.00! The catch is that you could only use the ticket after 3:00pm. But during the summer season, the park is open until 10:00pm so there was still plenty of time to explore the park. Not sure if it will be the same this summer but keep your eyes open.
Oh wow!! That's the sort of thing I'm after! Is there anywhere particular I should keep my eye out? I'm in Australia, so I just keep checking web pages.
Planning a 'Proper' trip to DLR for 2014
Aussieprincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: