Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

8 Nights at BC-CL, Graduation Trip-Lots of Pics-Update 3/10-THE END

Welcome all of you to my fourth TR. This would be the 3rd trip in a year for DH & I. We were fortunate to have AP's this past year & we took a trip last May to celebrate oldest DS"s college graduation trip. In Oct. of last year DH & I were lucky to experience the Food & Wine Festival and this trip we were celebrating youngest DS Cody's high school graduation. We were early as he does not actually graduate until June 8th but wanted to go while he had school vacation. For those who have read my reports welcome back!! For those that do not know us let me introduce my 3 great guys (and I guess I will be the pics also).

This is a picture of us from Cody's graduation

My DH Jeff will not admit it but loves going to Disney as much as I do. I think he really loves eating all that great food!!

I work full time for the city I live in. I am probably one of the most hated in the city as I am the Tax Collector. Yes I am the one that you have to come & see & pay money. We also process auto registrations in our office. I have been in the office for 21 years & it really wears on me once in a while. My saving grace is my thoughts of Disney & the planning for all our trips. I love these boards & love all the planning. The girls in my office say I need therapy but I tell them that my trips ARE my therapy!!

DS Ryan (23) is a graduate with a math degree & is hoping to get into our Navy yard here in NH. Right now he works in a local grocery store but has been there for 6 years & he has had enough of that. He is my musician & plays guitar & piano. I LOVE listening to him play!! He is a great kid & never has given us any problems what so ever. He loves the thrill rides & would ride over & over & over again if he could.

DS Cody (19) is the high school senior who will be graduating in June. He is a character!! He is my athlete & has played soccer since he was 5. He plays year round (indoor soccer in the winter). He will be going to NHTI here in NH in the fall & will hopefully be playing soccer for them. He would play every day if he could. He is very outgoing unlike his older brother & father. He has many friends (girls especially) & it always out & about. He wants to be a fitness trainor & goes to the gym faithfully EVEN on vacation.

One of the stipulations when I was looking into where we would stay is that Cody wanted a place with a gym. Well that excluded the value & moderates so of course I chose the beautiful Beach Club!! I had booked a pool/water view & was so LUCKY to be upgraded to Club Level!!!! It was wonderful!! Luckily with the AP we got 35% off, otherwise it would have been POFQ or POR for us.

I need to get back to work now but wanted to get this started!! I will do an update later..

Last edited by disneyfan61; 03-10-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

congratulations on the upgrade. We are booked for our first trip to Beach club this year so looking forward to reading about your trip

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #3
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

That was quick! You are the first one!

Oh you will LOVE the Beach Club. It was our second stay there. In 2010 DH & I celebrated our 25th anniversary & we stayed there. I had been wanting to stay there for 11 years & we finally got to. Now I do not want to stay anywhere else!! You can get spoiled very easily.

Stay tuned as I took LOTS of pics!!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I saw the link on Amy's TR and I'm here. I'll be back later to catch up.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
uncw89
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I'll try to keep up!
Congrats on the upgrade!!! We got upgraded to CL once at the Yacht Club before DS was born! It was one of the first couple of times staying onsite!!! DH didn't know what CL level was when they told us. I only knew because I I was working at AAA and heard them talk about it!!! I was excited!! I probably didn't utilize the lounge as much as I should have.
Can't wait to see the pics!!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I saw the link on Amy's TR and I'm here. I'll be back later to catch up.
Hi Kathy!! Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
I'm here! I'll try to keep up!
Congrats on the upgrade!!! We got upgraded to CL once at the Yacht Club before DS was born! It was one of the first couple of times staying onsite!!! DH didn't know what CL level was when they told us. I only knew because I I was working at AAA and heard them talk about it!!! I was excited!! I probably didn't utilize the lounge as much as I should have.
Can't wait to see the pics!!
Oh CL was wonderful!! Spoiled us for life I'm afraid. We utilized the lounge quite a bit. We had breakfast there most mornings except the days we had a breakfast ADR and we used it sometimes in the afternoon (some wine & beer) and of course the good food & then at night. I got some tea & dessert most nights. How I miss it!! Stay tuned..
Old 05-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Joining in Doreen !!!! Will go back to catch up!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 05-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #8
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
He had to go to the gym before MK?!??
Yup he had to check out the equipment. I walked in, took one picture & walked out & took pics of the pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
You have to understand the mentality of these kinds of guys. Trent can work a 12 hour day, but if it is work-out day, he heads straight to the gym. Such discipline.

Discipline I clearly don't have, but need to as I get fatter and fatter. I tried to run a little on a mini-tramp, but my knee suffered the consequence. I think water exercise is going to be about all I can do any more, so I am going to need a pool in my backyard - and a privacy fence.
Yes MeMom Cody is exactly the same way!!! If he gets out of work at 10:00 at night he goes to the gym if it is a workout day.

I also do NOT have that discipline & I need it badly. With all the med's & problems I had last year I blew up like a balloon!! Now I need to try & get rid of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Here, Doreen!!!
Jackie is here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Joining in Doreen !!!! Will go back to catch up!!
Rosie is here!!

I have been having a very fun morning taking some video of a bird making a nest in one of our birdhouses out back. I can watch him all day!! Unfortunately I have other things to do like going to the bank & to Lowe's to pick up a hanging plant for MIL. I will post some video later. Also humminbirds!!

Old 05-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #9
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Zehn like I just mentioned to Susan I think you will love the BC. She is staying there in Sept. also. You might be there at the same time! How did you like POFQ?? That is our favorite moderate.
Oh, I'm sure of it! We really liked POFQ; it was so quaint and quiet. It was so small too; and it just looked nice. I found it very relaxing, and nice after all the crowds in the park and on the bus and in the stores and at the restaurants......

Wow, that view to the left is mighty fine! I would take it, whether I had to crane my neck to view it or not!

What a great upgrade - unbelievable. It also always surprises me how BIG those deluxe rooms look compared to the values. Last October I stayed at Pop for two nights with my mom and then surprised her with a change to the CR - it was like leaving a closet and moving into a house! I'm totally OK with the values (contemplating one night at AoA before my BC stay in September right now), but the deluxes seem to just have so much more room. Looking at your picture, it looks like you could definitely do more than four people in there for awhile and be ok.

That is so funny that your son had to go to the gym first! That will be me in September! I won't run while I'm on vacation, but I WILL need to lift weights a couple of times so I'm very interested in the gym. I hope you got some pics.

Last edited by ZehnJahren; 05-12-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #10
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I really like the view from your room!

And you got a daybed! We didn't, but the boys like getting to take turns sleeping with mom & dad when we stay in a regular sized hotel room. Everyone gets their own bed when we are in the villas, but in a regular room, Tim & I each sleep with one of the boys. They like to switch each night.

I think it's so funny that our room numbers were so similar!
Old 06-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #11
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

I have to ask... What led to the upgrade?
Old 06-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

HI Doreen,
Thanks for the update....what a lousy weekend weather wise...at times it POURED yesterday...non-stop
fingers crossed for great weather this coming weekend..

Too bad you can't find the T-shirt
Its a really pretty shirt...have you checked your luggage? One trip I left some clothes in a front pocket and only find out when I went to pack for another trip...

I love the Tigers! you got some really good pics. The gift shops looked like they had some really cool things...I would have had a hard time picking out something to buy.

Love the ride pics! Your boys made some funny pcitures! I can never find the spot on the rides where they take the pictures...I have seen some really funny pics here on the DIS. I keep saying that next time I will figure out the spot and do something funny.

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 09-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #13
mrsswat
Irishtinksmama

wow

sounds like fun
Old 09-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #14
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Hi Doreen
No worries on the delay, we are all still here!!!
That must be hard to have a Cody go off to college
Does he seem to be missing home? Im sure that soccer and school work are keeping him busy.
Yeah, for his team being undefeated!! Thats cool.
Lol, i also thought the boys looked so excited to be on their way to the MK.

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 09-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #15
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I've seen a bunch of your pictures on facebook - sounds like the team is off to a great start! You are such a proud mama!

I love that walk up Main Street before the park opens... we haven't done a CP early breakfast in a while. I have a hard time paying for buffets now that Alex is considered an adult... but we might have to go back once more before Zach is considered an adult too. It is a great way to start your day at MK!!
I am a proud Mama. Another win today so they are 6 & 0 now.

We just love the buffets & the boys usually eat enough to cover the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Hi Doreen
No worries on the delay, we are all still here!!!
That must be hard to have a Cody go off to college
Does he seem to be missing home? Im sure that soccer and school work are keeping him busy.
Yeah, for his team being undefeated!! Thats cool.
Lol, i also thought the boys looked so excited to be on their way to the MK.
It was very hard to have Cody leave but they need to spread their wings as people keep telling me. I think he does miss home (especially the cat) . He will only admit to it a little though. He is actually home tonight (watching a movie with a friend (girl) & going back to school tomorrow.
Yes soccer & school work are keeping him busy although he already had a class cancelled on Friday. So he was done his school day on Friday by 11 am. But had soccer practice Friday & Saturday & then the game today.

Luckily he gets along great with his roommate (so far).

Yes when I saw the pic of Ryan & Cody on the bus it made me laugh.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: