Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: When should we go???
May 16-23 4 26.67%
September 28-October 5 10 66.67%
Some other time 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Mission: 2013 or Planning Our Return To The World, A 2013 PTR

Good Mornin' ya'll!

My name is Gina, and I will be your guide, organizer and narrator through this adventure of planning my family's return to the world!

Those of you that have read my previous PTR, and my current, and in progress, TR know that we just got back on April 5th! Before we even got finished with our vacation we were trying to think of when a good time to come back would be. So, here I am, working on making that happen!

and I'm glad you're here! Just sit back, relax, grab some popcorn and join me as I drive myself crazy planning!
johnsonginad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Reserved for Table of Contents

(Provided I can figure out how to do it. )

Introduction:
Excuse Me, Just Who the Heck ARE You People?

Planning:
So...When Ya Goin'?
Let's Talk Food!
A Wrinkle in Time, or, The Great Changeup

Last edited by johnsonginad; 02-23-2013 at 11:11 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
WhereOurDreamsBegan
Earning My Ears

How exciting! My husband and I are considering heading back down to Disney in 2013 as well... last time we were there was November '11 for our honeymoon and boy am I REALLY hoping we get to go!!
WhereOurDreamsBegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereOurDreamsBegan View Post
How exciting! My husband and I are considering heading back down to Disney in 2013 as well... last time we were there was November '11 for our honeymoon and boy am I REALLY hoping we get to go!!
FUN!!!! I hope you get to go too!! I promise this PTR will be starting soon! It's been one hectic week! I hope to get started on some posting tonight!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Excuse Me, Just Who the Heck ARE You People?

I'm sure that alot of you are wondering just this very thing. Who the heck are you people! Well, with this post, I hope to answer that very question.

HI! I'm Gina. I am 31 years old, a Mommy, a banker, and the Disney trip planning extraordinaire in our little family of three. I love everything about Disney, and it seems like I'm always in planning mode anymore! Even if there's no trip to plan, I still feel the need to glean the disboards for all the information I can get my hands on.

The little princess in that picture above is Emma. She's my little angel. My everything. She loves everything there is about Disney, and is always ready to go! Just yesterday, she was trying to pack things in her Minnie Mouse purse, stating that she was getting it ready for our next trip.

This is Daddy. Daddy loves his girls, and is always ready for a good time at Disney World! He always helps with the planning when I need it, and loves to read dining reviews to help with planning out our meals.

So there you have it! Our little family! Now it's time to get rockin and rollin on some planning!

Old 05-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

So...When Ya Goin'?

I guess the next logical question to ask would be just this...WHEN ARE YOU GOING?

Well, to put it plainly...I'm not sure...I know...I know...Why start a PTR if you don't even know when you're going? Well, we know we're going next year, and we have it narrowed down to a couple of different times. We just need to figure out which one it's going to be.

First, we had pinned down Fall Break, October 2013. We were so excited about this! This would mean Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and the Food and Wine Festival. I have always wanted to try both of these, so the idea of going at this time of year was very inticing to me!

Then we...well, I...got to thinking (I know...dangerous) the idea of having to wait that long to go back was a little bit depressing. So we came up with another time. DH though of going in May, just after school let out for the summer. This would mean longer park hours and Star Wars Weekends.

Now all there's left to do is weigh the pros and cons of each time, and decided which one to choose.

Here's our choices:

May 16th-23rd

or

September 28th-October 5th

Help me decide! Tell me when we should go and why!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

subbing...

Can I just say you are brave for tackling the TR and PTR at the same time! Way to go, you!!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #8
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonginad View Post
Now all there's left to do is weigh the pros and cons of each time, and decided which one to choose.

Here's our choices:

May 16th-23rd

or

September 28th-October 5th

Help me decide! Tell me when we should go and why!

My vote is for fall break...here are my reasons:

*The heat of summer!

*The crowds of summer AND Star Wars Weekends.

*WE are going in the fall and we could arrange a Dismeet!

*...and besides that, I would have someone to commiserate the long wait with!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #9
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Well...I guess it's better late than never, right? Are y'all still out there?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #10
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonginad
Well...I guess it's better late than never, right? Are y'all still out there?
Welcome back! I'm still in!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's First Trip to WDW/Little Sister's Grad Trip! - A June 2012 TR
Planning Baby's First Trip to WDW - A Pre-Trip Report

1996 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 - Grand Floridian April 2009 - Fort Wilderness (first trip to WDW together!) October 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (with my mom, stepdad & lil' sis) June 2012 - Offsite First WDW trip for baby Hannah!
cbcrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #11
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcrockett View Post
Welcome back! I'm still in!

Thank you!!!! It's certainly good to be back! Lots and lots have been going on here. I started a new job back in July, and it's been totally NON STOP ever since! I really love it though. I left the world of banking, and the stressful role as Personal Banker, to become an Office Manager/Account Manager at a Bobcat dealership. I know! BIG change, right?!?!?!

Really, it's been awesome though. I get a little stressed out at times, but I couldn't ask for a better boss. He's wonderful!

I'm hoping to catch myself up on my OWN report, and get some new posts up this weekend. I am so glad you're still here!!! How are you?
Old 02-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #12
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

A Wrinkle in Time, or, The Great Fall Changup

Well hello out there sports fans! er...I mean...Disney fans!!!

I figured that I'd preface my return with a little bit of newly discovered information!

I know in previous posts, that I've said that the dates for a fall trip would start on September 28th, but there has been some late breaking news! Our school district, over the last several years, has always done fall break during the first week of October. So I made soft plans that this would be when it would be this year.

BOY WAS I WRONG! They decided to throw me for a loop like a Major League Baseball pitcher confuses a batter with his changeup. First, I heard that they were toying with the idea of nixing fall break completely, and adding in some time off at some other point during the year. WHAT?!?!?!?! Well THANKFULLY that didn't happen. They finally approved fall break, but not for the week I assumed that they would. Our fall break is going to be October7th-11th. Although I was really planning on break being the FIRST week of October, I am totally okay with them making it the SECOND week instead. My only problem? Monday, October 14th is Columbus Day. Does this affect crowd levels much??? I've gotta do my research on this.

So...once I officially found out that Fall Break for 2013 had been approved, it put me into planning mode again!!! YAY!!!! And actually, I have an announcement to make!

WE FINALLY BOOKED OUR VACATION!!!!!

Yep, you heard right! I finally booked!!!

Our dates are October 3-10th. An amazing 8 days and 7 nights in our happy place! I can't wait!!!!!

I'll save some of the other info for my next installment...
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #13
cbcrockett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonginad

Thank you!!!! It's certainly good to be back! Lots and lots have been going on here. I started a new job back in July, and it's been totally NON STOP ever since! I really love it though. I left the world of banking, and the stressful role as Personal Banker, to become an Office Manager/Account Manager at a Bobcat dealership. I know! BIG change, right?!?!?!

Really, it's been awesome though. I get a little stressed out at times, but I couldn't ask for a better boss. He's wonderful!

I'm hoping to catch myself up on my OWN report, and get some new posts up this weekend. I am so glad you're still here!!! How are you?
I'm so glad that it's been such a good change, even if it's a crazy busy one! I know it's always a hope and pray for the best when you make such a big career move!

We are good! My DH just past the last part of his CPA exam yesterday, so we've got some major celebrating to do this weekend!!! He's looking for a job change too, so hopefully some things will work their way out in the next couple of weeks with this new development!

Can't wait for your new installments! I shall live vicariously through you! (and maybe, jus maybe, I'll finish up my TR sometime... Sigh)

"Hey Look, It's a Goat!" Baby's First Trip to WDW/Little Sister's Grad Trip! - A June 2012 TR
Planning Baby's First Trip to WDW - A Pre-Trip Report

1996 - Caribbean Beach Resort 2000 - Grand Floridian April 2009 - Fort Wilderness (first trip to WDW together!) October 2009 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (with my mom, stepdad & lil' sis) June 2012 - Offsite First WDW trip for baby Hannah!
cbcrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #14
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcrockett View Post
I'm so glad that it's been such a good change, even if it's a crazy busy one! I know it's always a hope and pray for the best when you make such a big career move!

We are good! My DH just past the last part of his CPA exam yesterday, so we've got some major celebrating to do this weekend!!! He's looking for a job change too, so hopefully some things will work their way out in the next couple of weeks with this new development!

Can't wait for your new installments! I shall live vicariously through you! (and maybe, jus maybe, I'll finish up my TR sometime... Sigh)

Congratulations to your DH! How awesome!!! I know you guys are beyond excited, and that you are so proud of him!

I know what you mean about finishing a TR. I've got one out there somewhere that isn't finished. Maybe I'll schlep on over there later today or sometime...LOL
Old 03-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #15
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

Hi y'all!!! We've been so busy lately mapping out our trip! We've been totally focused on dining, because our 180 window opens soon. April 6th to be exact!

Here's what we've come up with so far...

Arrival Day:

We will start our trip out with something that has become quite a tradition for us. We will check in and head straight to Downtown Disney for lunch at Earl of Sandwich! We usually go straight for the Original sandwich, but I think it'll be different this year for at least me. I cannot wait to try this!

Yep! The Holiday Sandwich. I've read so many great reviews of this, and I cannot wait to sink my teeth into it!!! Yummmmmmm....

That night, we are planning to head to Epcot for dinner at a place we've never been before. I'll give you a hint:

Yep! Via Napoli, baby!

I'm really intrigued by the cantaloupe and prosciutto appy they have there. That might be something I'll have to try!!! Emma is beyond excited about this place. She's already requested that either me or Gregg get the yummy looking sundae thingy. Ugly But Good? Here I come!!!

So there you have our arrival day plans! Stay tuned for Day 1!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: