Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Question Pictures or descriptions of welcome gifts?

I did a search here, but could not find any info. I even checked on eBay to see if anyone was selling, but there is soooo much Disney stuff on eBay! My family has been on a prior ABD, and so we were offered alternative welcome gifts to the usual back pack or junior adventurer backpack.
Does anyone have photos or can describe the other options?
Adult laptop bag
Child laptop bag
Travel pillow and blanket

Specifically, we are trying to decide about the laptop bag ( which my teen daughter would use; it doesn't need to b e large which means the child size might work, but if it's really festooned with characters and bright colors - maybe not (though like most lovers of all things Disney, she thinks some characters are cool to have)

The rest of us are iPad users and so we are thinking of the pillow and blanket...our question is, is this pretty small when all " wrapped up" ? Is it an inflatable pillow? It may not be worth it to get this if it's not small enough, as we generally travel with carry on bags.

Any advice would be most helpful...I know it sounds nitpicking, but we'd rather get stuff we are sure to use or choose to decline it rather than have more "stuff" that ends up in a landfill somewhere.

TIA to all you multi ABD travelers!
ABD Andean Highlands and Galapagos Islands 2012
Photo Review: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987674
WDW- visits since 1976, lost count a long time ago.
familygoboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
I did a search here, but could not find any info. I even checked on eBay to see if anyone was selling, but there is soooo much Disney stuff on eBay! My family has been on a prior ABD, and so we were offered alternative welcome gifts to the usual back pack or junior adventurer backpack.
Adult laptop bag
Child laptop bag

Specifically, we are trying to decide about the laptop bag ( which my teen daughter would use; it doesn't need to b e large which means the child size might work, but if it's really festooned with characters and bright colors - maybe not (though like most lovers of all things Disney, she thinks some characters are cool to have)

The rest of us are iPad users and so we are thinking of the pillow and blanket...our question is, is this pretty small when all " wrapped up" ? Is it an inflatable pillow? It may not be worth it to get this if it's not small enough, as we generally travel with carry on bags.

Any advice would be most helpful...I know it sounds nitpicking, but we'd rather get stuff we are sure to use or choose to decline it rather than have more "stuff" that ends up in a landfill somewhere.

I believe the pillow and blanket as well as the Child's laptop bag are new, adult laptop bag I received last year here is the description I really like it.

the The bag is brown with the ABD logo on the front it is nylon, there is a small zipper pocket on the front that would fit an ipod or small camera. the flap is held together with velcro then there are two compartments that have zipper closures, one larger than the other and the larger pocket is padded. the othe compartment has a few pockets to separate things. on the outside the there is one solid material pocket and one mesh pocket, the pocket would fit a bottle of water. the bag mesures approximately 17 inches in length and 13 inches in height.

I hope this helps
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
I believe the pillow and blanket as well as the Child's laptop bag are new, adult laptop bag I received last year here is the description I really like it.

the The bag is brown with the ABD logo on the front it is nylon, there is a small zipper pocket on the front that would fit an ipod or small camera. the flap is held together with velcro then there are two compartments that have zipper closures, one larger than the other and the larger pocket is padded. the othe compartment has a few pockets to separate things. on the outside the there is one solid material pocket and one mesh pocket, the pocket would fit a bottle of water. the bag mesures approximately 17 inches in length and 13 inches in height.

I hope this helps
Thanks Tozzie! That does help...hopefully, someone will have had experience with the other items, but that bag sounds like it would be great for our teen. She's unlikely to bring the lap top on the ABD, but she would like one to go off to college!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

The blanket is blue with ABD logo on a corner. It's fleece. It folds up into a pocket and then it's more pillow like. Good for the plane I would think.

HTHs
Old 04-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
nordkin
DIS Veteran

Here is a picture of the blanket/pillow. It is actually a fleece blanket that folds into a pillow.

nordkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Thanks Nordken and Stenogoddess- that's really helpful...so it's really sort of a blanket OR a pillow, but it looks pretty small to travel with, so that's good!

I already have a great inflatable pillow that is shaped like a big banana that you wear around your shoulder, but a blanket is a nice idea too! We are not likely to sleep much going from the east coast to Ecuador on two 4 hour flights, but will definately use it when I have to do the double red eye coming back from Tahiti

Thanks !
Old 04-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #7
DisFan10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by familygoboston View Post
Adult laptop bag
Child laptop bag

When we received our Booking Information documents to sign and return, one of the documents was the Travel Gift selection form, which we have to return no later than 90 days prior to travel.

The Adult Tote is described as "A chocolate brown, padded messenger bag that can be used to hold a lap-top, iPod, camera, and more! Dimensions: 41cm x 13cm x 30 cm". Or, 16" x 5" x 12".

The Blanket/Pillow is described as "A fleece throw that converts into a pillow. This is the perfect size to put in your bag/backpack for plane and bus rides. When blanket is unfolded, Adventures by Disney logo appears at lower right corner. Pillow Dimensions: 60cm x 40cm; Blanket Dimensions: 120cm x 150cm". Or, 24" x 16" and 47" x 59".
Cities of Knights & Lights - June 2010
Bella Italia - June 2009
Enchanted China - Sept 2008
Southwest Splendors - Sept 2007
Spirit of America - August 2007
DisFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #8
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyWatch View Post
Thanks for posting all the photos. We are going on our first ABD trip in June (Backtage Magic). Will my daughter and I each get a backpack?
Yes, and some other fun swag- but nobody likes to spoil ALL the surprises ABD, is full of fun surprises, it's one of the extra things I like about an ABD! But the back pack-I think they should warn you since people do pack or at least consider what they will pack in earlier than 3 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFan10 View Post
When we received our Booking Information documents to sign and return, one of the documents was the Travel Gift selection form, which we have to return no later than 90 days prior to travel.

The Adult Tote is described as "A chocolate brown, padded messenger bag that can be used to hold a lap-top, iPod, camera, and more! Dimensions: 41cm x 13cm x 30 cm". Or, 16" x 5" x 12".

The Blanket/Pillow is described as "A fleece throw that converts into a pillow. This is the perfect size to put in your bag/backpack for plane and bus rides. When blanket is unfolded, Adventures by Disney logo appears at lower right corner. Pillow Dimensions: 60cm x 40cm; Blanket Dimensions: 120cm x 150cm". Or, 24" x 16" and 47" x 59".
So it sounds different from SayHellos photo. But the "pillowet" sounds the same!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #9
carpenta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFan10 View Post

We received that bag and it is a nice padded bag that fits a full size lap top computer. It is fully padded with a shoulder strap and two handles.Also a zipper compartment. It is inscripted with the logo. Really nice quality.
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
jlou
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting all the pics!

Me , Hubby , DS (16 at time of our trip) , and DD (13 at time of our trip)
jlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #11
familygoboston
Mouseketeer

Just got photos of the current gifts from my TA

I cant post the photos from the pdf, but I can copy the descriptions...So...

-the adult back pack
This standard sized backpack has two shoulder straps and two zippered compartments.
Dimensions: 26cm x 17cm x 45cm
is the one pictured above on pxlbarrel's parents in China

-the adult tote
A Chocolate brown, padded messenger bag that can be used to hold a lap-top, iPod, camera, and more!
Dimensions: 41cm x 13cm x 30cm, looks just like the one Say Hello posted, but it is described as chocolate brown, rather than the black Say hello got.

-The JA pack JA Backpack
This small bag has two compartments and a beverage pocket. There is one, cross body strap.
Dimensions: 26cm x 11cm x 36cm, is a single strap sling as mentioned above, the photo is BW and no color is mentioned

- JA Electronics & Accessory Case
Designed to hold a portable gaming system such as a PSP or Nintendo DS and a few games, this bag can also be worn as a waist pack for cell phones, cameras, mp3 players and cords.
Dimensions: 22cm x 9cm x 10cm, looks like it would hold a small game or camera the photo is BW and no color is mentioned

-the pillow and blanket combo
A fleece throw that converts into a pillow. This is the perfect size to put in your bag/backpack for plane and bus rides. When blanket is unfolded Adventures by Disney logo appears at lower right corner.
Pillow Dimensions: 60cm x 40cm; Blanket Dimensions: 120cm x 150cm., is as pictures above too
Old 05-14-2012, 12:01 AM   #12
tufbuf
Disney Addict!

Did the adult backpack hold the entire trip? The recent ones they gave away the past two years tear by the end of the trip, we end up throwing them away before leaving the area.

ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #13
pamama
Earning My Ears

Abd

Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: