Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Fantasy Surf & Turf: Day 6 - Cozumel

Today’s Navigator

We were up at 7:30 again today and up to Cabanas for breakfast as usual. As we ate breakfast we docked at Cozumel but we couldn't get off because we were waiting for another ship to dock.

We sat on deck for a while enjoying the sun and before long the other ship turned up - and it was a familiar one:

Continued in next post

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

After the Magic had docked we were allowed to go ashore (it would have been too dangerous for people to be about when the Magic was being tied up) so we got off and had a wander up to town. We had a look around a couple of shops then I went back to the dock while Dad carried on looking around.

At the pier there was a chance to take some photos of the two sisters together

I then got back on board and just as I got back to the cabin Dad walked in behind me. We went upstairs to get a drink and then went downstairs to start playing the Midship Detective Agency game. This is a bit like the Kim Possible game in EPCOT where you get a card that you hold up to various pieces of art and it starts off a video sequence. On the Fantasy there are 3 different cases and we started off with the Muppets one.

This is one of the machines where you start the game. There is one on deck 2 and one on deck 5.

This is the mark on the floor in front of each picture that you stand on and hold the card up.

Not everything on the ship was working perfectly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJBCxtzUHKI

We got a card each and went off solving the case at our own pace, running into each other at a couple of places along the way. I got close to the end of the case but couldn't figure out how to do the task, which was to punch some keys on the keypad of a safe, and Dad had got tired from all the walking around the ship so we met up on deck 11 for a cheese burger each.

After lunch I went back to finish off the case, and finally figured out how to press the keys and solved the mystery. I had so much fun doing it that I decided to do the second one, and once I had finished that I thought I might as well do the third one, so I did.

After all that walking around I went back up for a much needed drink and then just before 3:00 went back to the cabin to type up my trip report and rest for a while. As tonight was pirate night I also changed some magnets on the door.

There was time for us to watch the Magic sail away, and there was a short horn ‘skirmish’ as well.

Continued in next post

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
wickesy

Video of Magic leaving Cozumel and the horn 'skirmish'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uaPrc3iTLk

There was no show as such tonight but there was a special showing of the new film, John Carter, which was being introduced by the President of Disney Studios, Alan Bergman, who was also going to give a sneak peek of what's next for Disney Studios. We went down to the Theater for the announcement, which turned out to be that Tim Burton is doing a full length, stop-motion, 3D, black and white version of Frankenweenie, which is going to be coming out in October 2012 – I’m not sure now how much of that was new information but we did get to see a short behind the scenes video. John Carter isn't our sort of film so after the announcement we left and went back to the cabin for a while.

Tonight was pirate night and the DVC desk was giving away pirate tattoos so I thought, why not.

At 7:15 we went down for our usual drinks and then before dinner we went for a wander round the shops, which had started putting out more generic Disney Cruise Line merchandise. Dinner tonight was back in Enchanted Garden and it was a special pirates menu.

I started with pot stickers, followed by jerk chicken salad and shrimp and scallops, Dad had crab cake followed by jerk chicken salad and beef tenderloin. We both had the sundae for dessert and then went up to deck 12 for the Pirates In the Caribbean party and fireworks.

After the fireworks we went back down to La Piazza for a nightcap and we were in bed by 12:05 ready for a day in Costa Maya tomorrow.

Day 7

Last edited by wickesy; 04-14-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

David, with every new update you post I am getting more and more excited for our trip on the Fantasy. Just a shame we have to wait another 18 months.

I like the sound of the Detective games on the ship, I think Daniel will really enjoy them as he loves the Kim Possible missions at Epcot.

Were the nightly menus the same as on the Magic/Wonder? The specialty menus look the same/similar - what about the rotational ones?
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Loving your photos of both ships docked in Cozumel David, I really hope one day we'll be docked with another Disney ship next to us

Great photo of you and your dad at Pirate Night too Another fab day

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
wickesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I like the sound of the Detective games on the ship, I think Daniel will really enjoy them as he loves the Kim Possible missions at Epcot.

Were the nightly menus the same as on the Magic/Wonder? The specialty menus look the same/similar - what about the rotational ones?
I've never done Kim Possible but from what I've seen it is very similar to Midship Detective Agency so I'm sure Daniel will love it. There were always plenty of kids running round doing it - and plenty of us adults too.

I'm not really sure about the menus - I've only got the Baltic cruise to compare it to and I can't really remember what was on the menus there. I did read a lot of comments when the sample menus were released before the cruise that said they were the same as the Magic/Wonder so I think they are.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #7
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

I have just now watched your video (couldn't watch it before as Gary was watching a very important episode of Prison Break )

Anyway, I am sat here literally crying - how sad am I. That is amazing that the Fantasy can play more of the 'When you wish upon a star' song - how come I didn't know that
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: