Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 05:19 AM   #1
becpee
I see sock puppets

Talking 7 flights, 6 hotels, 1 cruise ship and a major stuff up...brace yourself UPDATE!

Well, the countdown is at 23 weeks and 2 days

Too early for a PTR? Hope not

The plans so far are to leave Melbourne on Sept 11 and will be arriving back into Melbourne on Oct 11.

The trip will take us to places we've never been before, and quite honestly places I never thought we'd go, and an almost total immersion in all things Disney

Orlando, The Caribbean, New York City and LA for a second time as a family.

Our trip will take us to WDW, a Fantasy Cruise, the biggest Macy's in the world and Magnolia Bakery (My Disneylands ) and Walt's Disneyland.

All this and as yet our DS5 is not in on the secret

This trip started as a trip back to Disneyland and has evolved into something bigger!
Expensive flights made me rethink our plans, bringing our trip forward and flying further for the same price, why not?
The excitement of The Fantasy almost forced me to change our Wonder cruise, DH didn't need any encouragement.
A drop in flight prices and a credit from the airline made me add in a stop, NYC here we come
I don't know which part is more exciting, our first cruise, NYC, WDW?
DL is still there because I just couldn't bring myself to fly all that way and not go there, i'd feel like a traitor

Last edited by becpee; 01-12-2013 at 07:10 AM.
becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Never to early for a PTR
2014 Disneyland, Paris Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland.
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
becpee
I see sock puppets

The Fantasy is fabulous!

So, I guess i'll start with the itinerary.

Flying out on the 11th Sept, and arriving in Orlando on Sept 11, about 22 hours in transit (not allowing there for any delays, and i'm hoping there aren't any).

11-13 Orlando
14 Port Canaveral
15-22 Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise
22-1 Oct WDW Coronado Springs with prak hoppers and free dining
1-5 NYC hotel here is unknown
5-9 LA and Disneyland

Arrive home on the 11th as we lose a day coming home

I always cry coming home.

The only flights i'm yet to book are the JFK to LAX, and am still deciding where to stay for all our hotel stays except for WDW.

Last edited by becpee; 09-22-2012 at 11:30 PM.
becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

i'm subbing in -- i love a good PTR and TR and this is a great time to start

i can't wait to hear more about your trip.

we're doing a scaled down version on your trip when we go: fantasy cruise to the caribbean for 7 nights, then 11 nights at disneyland with a side trip to san diego/zoo etc and some shopping.

good for you for being able to take advantage of the great prices

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
becpee
I see sock puppets

Hi WAMUMOF4 and Alicia

Exciting times ahead!

So here I am adding to my PTR when I should be ripping through my house with The Dyson, my floors need a really good vacuum, it's been a few days

Flights!
We've booked a direct Delta but operated by V-Australia MEL-LAX, then Delta domestic LAX-MCO.
No Sydney stopover which is great!
Pretty sure we'll clear customs at LAX? Yes?
2 hours between getting off one and getting onto the next, not too bad, I guess the time will go fast and from what I can gather we'll be landing and departing from the same terminal in LAX

After travelling for so long I think the extra $ spent to stay there will be money well spent.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
Frances69
Earning My Ears

Arrive home on the 11th as we lose a day coming home

Last edited by Frances69; 04-02-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Frances69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
becpee
I see sock puppets

Carsland, to say i'm excited would be an understatement!

Just had a quick skim over the thread, and checked out some of the pics and WOW!

I am so glad we (I) decided to add in a stopover in LA before we go home (home ).

93 days to do and 5 more nights accom to book, still 1 at LAX and 4 in NYC, but still holding out, prices have dropped a little (a very little in NYC standards )

By tomorrow our wait will be 3 months even, when it hits two months something it's close

There are so many new things we will experience!

DS6 will not be told about the cruise until we're there, this is my and DH's little secret

I already have a strategy in place for Carsland, we will hit Cali Adventure the first day and the second, heading straight for Carsland to try and get fastpasses, if we miss out the first day we will try harder the second but it's something I don't want to miss
Old 06-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #8
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Carsland, to say i'm excited would be an understatement!

Just had a quick skim over the thread, and checked out some of the pics and WOW!

I am so glad we (I) decided to add in a stopover in LA before we go home (home ).

93 days to do and 5 more nights accom to book, still 1 at LAX and 4 in NYC, but still holding out, prices have dropped a little (a very little in NYC standards )

By tomorrow our wait will be 3 months even, when it hits two months something it's close

There are so many new things we will experience!

DS6 will not be told about the cruise until we're there, this is my and DH's little secret

I already have a strategy in place for Carsland, we will hit Cali Adventure the first day and the second, heading straight for Carsland to try and get fastpasses, if we miss out the first day we will try harder the second but it's something I don't want to miss
Bec - good news about the prices coming down!! Heres hoping for more!!
I'm with you on the countdown - I'm at just under 4 months. I feel like I've been planning this for years!! When it gets to 2 months and under I don't know if I'll be able to sit still!!!
What a wonderful surprise for your DS! It's all so exciting!!
I'll be interested to learn if your Carlsand strategy works, by the way!!

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:02 AM   #9
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

bec have you seen the new blog from the dis with the radiator springs racers POV and hints for fastpasses...they are anticipating ride queues to be between 2 - 2.5 hours (without fastpasses) and possibly up to 3 - 3.5 if they have to extend it... they also say that there are no bathrooms nearby or water fountains, so might not hurt to have a pit stop before you get in line although, in disney fashion, they do have snack sellers walking the line, selling snacks to people

we're hoping that it won't be as busy in december when we're there, but i really can't wait to hear all about it in your TR when you get back !!! yay for being at the 3 month mark

Old 06-10-2012, 05:27 AM   #10
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
bec have you seen the new blog from the dis with the radiator springs racers POV and hints for fastpasses...they are anticipating ride queues to be between 2 - 2.5 hours (without fastpasses) and possibly up to 3 - 3.5 if they have to extend it... they also say that there are no bathrooms nearby or water fountains, so might not hurt to have a pit stop before you get in line although, in disney fashion, they do have snack sellers walking the line, selling snacks to people

we're hoping that it won't be as busy in december when we're there, but i really can't wait to hear all about it in your TR when you get back !!! yay for being at the 3 month mark
Yeah, I read it this morning, 2.5 hours
Hoping we'll get in as soon as it opens and i'll send DH for a run
If we can't get on it in the two days that we're there i'll have to plan another trip
Old 06-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #11
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Yeah, I read it this morning, 2.5 hours
Hoping we'll get in as soon as it opens and i'll send DH for a run
If we can't get on it in the two days that we're there i'll have to plan another trip
lol. yeah. when i read that, i turned to carlo and was like 'you know how some people go to disneyland at rope drop and run for anklebiter land to make sure they get there before the lines get huge?' .. well that's gonna be us, except we'll be at DCA and we'll run for radiator springs, grab fastpasses then get right in line

i just hope that radiator springs rides are gonna be fine for the more pooh shaped ones of us - namely me

Old 07-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #12
Luisa
Mouseketeer

You guys just reminded me of a site I saw advertised in an inflight magazine.....

http://www.jumpinjammerz.com/

So want some now...
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - and another Disneyland visit for me!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #13
5ofus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
You guys just reminded me of a site I saw advertised in an inflight magazine.....

http://www.jumpinjammerz.com/

So want some now...
My 20-something cousins are mad about these! They are both attractive, popular girls and they wear their onesies on road trips and when they get together with their girlfriends. The younger one often gets upgrades on flights (she's even been upgraded to FIRST CLASS after being upgraded first to premium economy from cattle class), more than any other person I've ever heard of... BUT she doesn't wear them on flights.

5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #14
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

That's strange fingers crossed it was an accident & gets fixed up for you
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #15
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipanisam View Post
That's strange fingers crossed it was an accident & gets fixed up for you
It'll be something to do with the shipping address being FL and the billing address being here, hope they'll make it happen

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: