Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

In China now on an ABD and ...

Let's just say we take our Internet for granted at home. LOL. Facebook and Twitter are both banned here so I can't keep up with stuff at home or updat epeople on our trip until we get to Hong Kong. Oh well... Less typing on an iPad is ok to me.

What's curiouser, and maybe it's just a coincidence, but I can get into every DIS forum EXCEPT the Adventures by Disney one. I was going to post a update of today's events but the forum never loads.

I've been up for over 3o hours now so I think it's time to call it a night. We meet the other families and our guides (Daisy and Jennae) tomorrow.
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
WorldWacky
DIS Veteran

Hope you have a great vacation! What an experience it must be!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
wdwscout

DIS Veteran

Can't wait until you can post more. This trip sounds fantastic!

wdwscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
pxlbarrel

Just trying to stay awake now. LOL and having some Facebook withdrawal.

It's morning and I'm just lying here watching the National Geographic channel.

Btw, I used the Coolmax travel blanket that Kevin recommended. I loved it.
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
Old 03-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I hope you're having a FABULOUS time!!!

Hey, if you continue to have problems posting in the ABD Forum, just PM it to me (or post it here) and I'll be happy to re-post it for you over there!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

Have a great time. Can't wait to see the trip report! China's the trip that keeps calling to me.
Tamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #7
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I hope you're having a FABULOUS time!!!

Hey, if you continue to have problems posting in the ABD Forum, just PM it to me (or post it here) and I'll be happy to re-post it for you over there!

Sayhello
Or....you could post it here and post a directional post with a link on the ABD board.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:37 AM   #8
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Or....you could post it here and post a directional post with a link on the ABD board.
Excellent suggestion.

Looking forward to reading about your adventures, pxlbarrel.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:49 AM   #9
pxlbarrel

Sounds good to me.

The Adventurers: me, the Bro, the Mom and the Dad

Pre-trip Day
I was sitting at work trying to get some work done but not succeeding very much. LOL. At about 3:00 pm, I checked us in on our Air Canada flight (the only direct flight to Beijing from Toronto). Its a 13.5 hour flight which I was dreading. BUT when I checked us in at the 24 hour mark, I was able to purchase last minute upgrades. We were going to fly in Executive First which on AC means we get the lie down flat seats. My brother and I surprised my parents with the upgrade and they were very happy (and boy, so was I!). The trip back may still be in economy so we'll see.

Day 1 of the trip
As we boarded the plane, I had my camcorder out trecording everything. The co-pilot saw me doing this and gestured to me to follow him. He led me into the cockpit to say hello to our pilot!! What a treat! This was amazing and this was one of the best flight crews (attendants included) that we've ever flown with.

Most of e flight involved eating, watching the Muppets and Bridesmaids and playing Angry Birds. LOL While the flight was vey comfortable, sleep was fleeting.

We arrived in Beijing around 3:30 pm. As we walked toward passport control we passed temperature sensors. They check everybody's temperature before they're allowed to enter the country ... A souvenir of the SARS outbreak many years ago. After they stamped our passports we boarded a train to get to Terminal 3C where baggage claim is located. Everybody crammed into the train. It was packed! The train took quite a while to get to the terminal ... this airport is huge. And it's probably why it took our luggage so long to arrive too. We grabbed a couple of carts to load our luggage. Word of warning ... A bunch of people grab the carts right after they exit the train. As I watched this, I thought, this is going to be like a gazillion strollers at MK but ten times worse. Beware of crazed people with luggage carts if you value your ankles.

As we left baggage claim and left the controlled area, we found our ABD rep standing amongst the throngs of waiting people. He was holding a sign with our name on it. He had a helper with him and they pushed our carts to the garage where we waited for our car to pick us up. They still had to wait for another family so as soon as they loaded us into the car, they disappeared back into the terminal. As we left the airport, we ran right into Beijing traffic. We were caught in the perpetual rush hour. We arrived at the Peninsula Beijing at 6:30 pm. The Bellhops took our bags right away and directed us to the check-in. As we were checking in, two ABD bags with water bottles were hung on our bags and in them was a note from our ABD guides, Daisy and Jennae. It was advice, instructions and where to meet them the next day.

Two things of note .... We were instructed to brush our teeth with the complimentary bottled water (don't drink the tap water!) and also that pedestrians do not have the right of way. Beware of traffic! We observed the pedestrian mayhem on our harrowing trip to the hotel.

We stayed in the hotel for dinner and turned in for the night.

Gotta go now.... Meeting in the lobby in 10 min for the start of the Adventure!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #10
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting! Sounds like a great trip already!
Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #11
Julie*
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear more,
Julie
DS- age 10

Been to Disney too many times to count and worked there for a year in the early 90's.
WDW 1/2 Marathon: January 2009-2011
Julie* is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: