Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
katt789
DIS Veteran

Dreams Come True! An April Adventure of Being Remembered & Making Magic Updated 11/6!

A big hello out there to everyone who is so far reading along so far! I have made the decision to FINALLY start my (newest) trip report, I have the following trips planned (this is officially where you will find all the chapter links when they begin!) and am super excited to go on more & more adventures over and over again!!

I also have 2 TR's from 2012 on the go, so if you haven't taken a gander at them yet, here are the links to them;

Jan 2012->Solo

March 2012->Down to Disneyland Resort

April 22-28th 2012
PTR:
The W's
Day #1
Plans for Day #1
April 3 Update!
Plans for Day #2 (April 23)
Plans for Day #3- April 24th!
Life Update
Plans for Day #4 (April 25th)
Plans for Day #5 (April 26th)
Plans for Day #6 (April 27th)
LIVE from Disney
News on Goings Ons & NEW TRIP

THE APRIL TRIP REPORT BEGINS!!

Day 1-> April 22
That Pesky First Post
Aaaannndd Heeeere Weeee Gooo
The Magic Kingdom in the Sky
A Grand Start to the Week

Day 2->April 23
Oh EMH, How I love You
We Go Searching For Dinos
A Festival of Lions
FOTLK Part 2
It's Time For Characters!
The Hoop de What?!
The Hoop de Doo!
I'm Pretty Sure We Were Just at Jubilations

Day 3->April 24
A Very Magical Morning
It's A Ginger Love Connection
What Tyler Wants to Do
Tanessa Meets her Boyfriend
The Update You've All Been Waiting For!!
Watch Out for Gaston
It's Parade Time!
LIFE UPDATE!!

The Part Where All our Dreams Come True

The End to a Magical Night

Day 4-> April 25th
A Little Tour of CBR
Towers, Toys & Muppets
The One With All the Food
Part 1 of Some Theatre
Part 2 & Terror!
Counting Down to FUN!
Mermaids & Shopping
The End of DHS & A Mini Dismeet

Day 5-> April 26th
Swimming in the Seas

Immmaaaaggginnaaaatttiioooooon & Snacks & Friends

***Periwinkle's First Appearance!***
Worldly Adventures Are Always Better With Tequila!
***Sept Trip Plans/Update***
More Adventures & More Booze!
It's Nearly Lunch Time!
Try the Grey Stuff, It's Delicious!
Sept Trip Summary & A Huge Thank You
Magical Dreams of Reflections of Earth

Day 6->April 27th
The Attack of the School Groups

ALL of the FEEELS
September Trip Report Link!!
Tensions Run High
Celebrating
Dinner gives us food & a fiance?!
Time to Be Movin Along
All Good Things Come to An End
Reviews of All

July/August 2012-> July 25-27th
HERE is the link for my Audition Trip Report!

Sept 10-21/2012 --> Pre-Trip Report HERE!

Nov 5-12/2012-->Trip being bumped to December!!

Now, why do I have so many trips planned (especially being from way up here in Canada?) Well, I had the thoughts of going a lot, and had started thinking about getting an annual pass. However, I had a couple of trips planned to DLR as well, and starting thinking "If only there was a pass that could get you into both WDW & DLR" Well, wouldn't ya know, there is!

And there begins the countless number of ridiculous photos of me....le sigh.... And also, the Annual Premier Passport!!

Now, enough with the babbling, I'll begin the chapters of the April Pre Trip to keep ya'll entertained!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Last edited by katt789; 11-06-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
katt789
DIS Veteran

The W's

The introductions begin!! (I'm going to apologise now if any of the pics don't show up properly, I'm using other people's photobuckets for some of them, and thus don't have control over things)

So, for this trip, of course, I will be going on:

I'm Katt! Hi! I'm a 22 (soon to be 23) year old Disney fanatic. I've always loved all things Disney, music, movies, characters, it's just all so fantastic. I first visted DisneyLand in 1997.

I don't remember a whole lot about the trip, we stayed offsite, and took a shuttle to the parks. Obviously this was before DCA opened, so we just had DL to visit. We mainly visited characters, as I was not a ride person at all. I did love it though.

My next visit to the parks would have been in May of 2011 down to WDW. I went with a group of friends from work, and this is when I fell in love with the parks. The atmosphere, the characters, the awesomeness. There's just SO much magic that goes on, one of my favorite things to do is just grab a Mickey bar and a bench & people watch!

I then went again in Sept 2011, with one of the same people, and two other friends. THEN one of my friends & I went down for an audition in December of 2011. I took a quick solo trip down in Janurary 2012, and have gone to DLR in March as well. So. Much. Awesome.

My favorite characters are Ariel;

Tinkerbell;

And Tigger!!

Now, enough about me, we'll move onto who else is going with me!

I've got Tyler:

He's 24, a friend of mine from work (although we no longer work together) he's the big brother that I never had, and we get along very much in that brother-sister way. He came on the trip in Sept 2011, as a last minute resort after someone else backed out (he got his passport less than a month before departure! ) He loves all things Toy Story, Lion King, Wall-E and of course, the thrill rides. His favorite is Buzz!

I believe he had only been to Disney once before our trip together last year, as he did have a lot to discover. He loves all the big thrill rides, and even managed to conquer Mission Space, orange side twice in a row! One of his major plans for this trip is to attempt to drink around the world in Epcot, which we'll actually be able to do. The 3 of us on this trip can actually handle our alcohol, and have no problems getting up the next day, so it'll be interesting to see if that turns out at all

Last, but of course, not least, is Tanessa!

She's also 23, and works with me at the dinner theatre, her & Tyler do know each other, and were excited to know that the other was coming. Tanessa & I had been planning on possibly going to Mexico, with another trip planned to go with other friends in May to Disney. Soon after discovering the other 2 couldn't go, we ditched the tequila & partying for a week in the magical land! (Although, let's be serious, some tequila will probably still be consumed)

Her favorite is Eeyore!

And I honestly couldn't tell ya a whole bunch more about her Disney habits. I'll definitely be having a Disney survey later on which will tell you all more about everyone.

Now, let us continue onto the rest of the W's!
(Continued in Next Post)

Last edited by katt789; 03-28-2012 at 01:54 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
katt789
DIS Veteran

W's Part 2

When: April 22-28th 2012

Where: Caribbean Beach Resort!

It's our first time staying here (and our first time in a moderate) I know Tyler will love it, as we stayed Value (Pop Century) last time, and he's already looking foward to the beach & the hammock. I know it will be an awesome resort, I'm just hoping that I haven't been spoiled by the Deluxe stay earlier this year!

We just have a standard view room booked, and I was super glad to hear that there is now wireless throughout all the Disney Resorts (although I don't know if I'll be using it at all ) I'm hoping that we have a room in an area that is the best location for transportation wise, and that's all I really want!

Celebrations: All 3 of us will have a birthday button at somepoint on this trip, as Tanessa just celebrated hers, mine's in May, and Tyler's is in June. I figured, what better of a place to celebrate Disney!?

Our Plans:
Sunday April 22: Arrival, MK emh
Mon April 23: Animal Kingdom
Tues April 24:Magic Kingdom
Wed April 25: Disney's Hollywood Studios
Thur April 26: Epcot
Fri April 27: All the Parks!
Sat April 28: Departure.

In the next couple of posts I'll go into more details about plans, and continue about what's going on in our lives prior to the trips! Yay!

Old 03-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
Merida
DIS Veteran

Posting here because it seems more relevant than on your other TRs!

Your premiere AP is certainly going to get a workout! But how awesome that you get to take all these trips with your friends.

Where do you think you want to go in May/June? If it's Florida, I would totally push for a May trip and Flower and Garden Festival! Then the only special event you miss is the Christmas party (depending on when they start up).
Old 03-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to reading about all your upcoming trips!
Old 03-29-2012, 05:19 AM   #6
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Yay so many trips! I'm so jealous!
But seriously very excited about all your plans!
Old 03-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
katt789
DIS Veteran

Day # 1 Plans!

Day # 1:
Sunday April 22/2012

Today begins nice & EARLY, actually, it will probably being the night before. Tyler works as a chef for Delta, and thus, gets discounts at the hotels. There's one out at the airport, so we'll be heading out there after we're done work, and have a nice relaxing night.

Now, at approximately 5:00 am, we will be getting up and heading straight over to the airport to jump on a plane! We've flown American Airlines before, and had no problems with them. I've flown with AA, Delta, United, Air Canada & US Airways to & from Disney on the variety of our trips. I've never had trouble with any of them, and american carriers are usually far cheaper to book on than Canadian ones.

Our flight leaves at 7:00am, with a 3 hour layover in Dallas! Yayayayaya.... ....that's sarcasm...if our layover was only an hour, we'd get in to MCO so much earlier However, I'm ok with it, as we'll have time to sit down and have a nice meal, relax, take it slow, rather than running from gate to gate. Wow, that airport is big (defs just looked its website on) I see they have a Chilli's! OM NOM.

If I bring my laptop, we may watch a movie, who knows?! Our next flight leaves around 3:00pm, and then around 6:00pm, we'll start seeing some of these:

As we land in the AMAZING ORLANDO!! EEEEEEEKKK!! Hopefully we'll quickly & efficiently find our way down to the Magical Express area, where this will be waiting for us:

And seriously...if Mickey has somehow gotten our bags, and is there waiting to whisk us away to CBR, I'm quite okay with that. This is when the magic starts, and I adore that feeling. Once you land in MCO, absolutely everyone is friendly, and awesome, and just magical! The humidity there, the weather is warm, the SMELL of Orlando. ahhhhh...amazing.

Hopefully we'll manage to get the the resort by 7:30. If we land on time, I figure we can be on the ME by 7, and then we'll make the trip quickly, right?! Can we talk about how excited writing this is making me?! (It also reminded me that I actually need to book the ME haha!)

Let the Memories Begin! Click on it!!

We'll soon be arriving here:

Caribbean Beach Resort! Our first stay here, and our first stay at a Moderate! It will be super nice to have the little bit of extra space, and the WIFI (although that's everywhere now...) I'm just excited for the beach part of things, and the hammocks! Hopefully we HAVE some downtime to chill in the sun here!
After a quick check in, we'll head into our room, drop off our stuff, change, and hopefully it will be no later than 8:30 by now (that's totally reasonable, right?!) and we'll make it into the park by 9!!

Which park, you may ask? Well, the one that's open until 2am of course!!

And since it's April, and it's EMH, it appears that there are 2 showings of the MSEP, so we'll be able to watch that if we want (9 &11 pm) and we'll even have around an hour before the showing of Wishes!

Debating around wait times, we'll probably stop in to see the main Mouse first thing! Gotta let him know we're here, right?!

And his lady friend too of course! Once that's done, I have a specific place in minda that we'll need to detour on our way through to Frontierland to hit up, and if you've read my last TR, you know where that is!

Yup...there it is...gotta make a stop to see them! Especially since we know by this time, they'll probably be the only characters out (minus the Fairies). Next up we'll conquer some mountains:

And visit some happy haunts & pirates!

My guess is we'll spend the next couple of hours riding rides, knowing Tyler, he'll want to go on Space Mountain a million times in a row!

And thanks to it being a beautiful night time our last stop before fireworks will probably be The TTA!!

Then, of course, it's time for us all to make a wish and wait for it to come true...also known as...the time Tyler & Tanessa will be embarressed to be with me as I'll be crying...

We'll now have the option to find a spot to watch some more entertainment:

OR we can head straight to Fantastyland to tackle all the rides there and watch the parade on our MK day!

I just figure that there won't be a huge amount of crowds in the park, especially during the parade, and that night time is a better time to accomplish FL, when all the smaller kids are headed to bed.

Who knows what time we'll end up being done the park, I'm guessing that we won't last until 2 am, especially since we've got to be up EARLY the next morning, and after travelling all day, you're usually tired (which doesn't really make sense, as you usually sleep all day travelling...) I'm gonna say by 12:30 we'll probably head back to CBR for a quick round of showers and sleep!

Main Goals of the Day:
-Get to MCO safe & sound
-Be ahead of schedule if possible
-Immerse self in Magic
-Tiana & Naveen!

Last edited by katt789; 03-30-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:52 AM   #8
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Oh no! That sucks about your phone!!
It sucks that it's a little less money for Disney boo hiss!

I'm totally the same with my passport, I keep booking overseas trips and I still haven't done anything about getting my new passport. I know I'll leave it to the last minute and have to pay extra. Gahh

Your plans sound great so far.

Ahhh palm trees are freaking amazing!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
Merida
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry about your phone! $100 isn't a bad deal for an iPhone though.. are you going to upgrade to the 4s? I'm so excited for my (eventual) upgrade, I'm terribly jealous about the camera quality on the 4s! A perfect point and shoot for in the parks. I meant to say this in your other TR but I loooove Diner Dash. It's so addicting.

So jealous of your upcoming Peoplemover ride. It's so weird to think that it's going to be at least a year before I have a chance to ride it again. I miss it!

Good luck with your passport!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:41 AM   #10
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Hi Kat! I've been reading your old trip reports, they are fantastic. I'm so excited for you that your next trip is so soon. Look forward to reading more. -Amanda
Old 04-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #11
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Oh no! That sucks about your phone!!
It sucks that it's a little less money for Disney boo hiss!

I'm totally the same with my passport, I keep booking overseas trips and I still haven't done anything about getting my new passport. I know I'll leave it to the last minute and have to pay extra. Gahh

Your plans sound great so far.

Ahhh palm trees are freaking amazing!
Yup...so crappy that the phone died..luckily it's not that bad, and I can wait for it to get fixed. It also gave me the excuse to buy a new awesome case (that super super adorable stitch one, you may have seen it) so that it can kinda protect it a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
I'm sorry about your phone! $100 isn't a bad deal for an iPhone though.. are you going to upgrade to the 4s? I'm so excited for my (eventual) upgrade, I'm terribly jealous about the camera quality on the 4s! A perfect point and shoot for in the parks. I meant to say this in your other TR but I loooove Diner Dash. It's so addicting.

So jealous of your upcoming Peoplemover ride. It's so weird to think that it's going to be at least a year before I have a chance to ride it again. I miss it!

Good luck with your passport!
I'm pretty sure it's only $100.00, who knows, I have yet to actually get to an apple store. And I probably won't upgrade, I really just got the Iphone for the gps on it, I have a habit of getting lost. Haha. As for the pictures, it takes pretty good ones anyways. And oh my goodness, Diner Dash! SO ADDICTING!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Hi Kat! I've been reading your old trip reports, they are fantastic. I'm so excited for you that your next trip is so soon. Look forward to reading more. -Amanda
Thanks!! I'm glad you enjoyed them & have joined along to read!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #12
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

What Stitch phone case? Is it only for Iphones? I want a new case for my phone, but it's a Nokia Lumia.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
DisneyFairytale
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Day # 1:
Sunday April 22/2012

Today begins nice & EARLY, actually, it will probably being the night before. Tyler works as a chef for Delta, and thus, gets discounts at the hotels. There's one out at the airport, so we'll be heading out there after we're done work, and have a nice relaxing night.

Now, at approximately 5:00 am, we will be getting up and heading straight over to the airport to jump on a plane! We've flown American Airlines before, and had no problems with them. I've flown with AA, Delta, United, Air Canada & US Airways to & from Disney on the variety of our trips. I've never had trouble with any of them, and american carriers are usually far cheaper to book on than Canadian ones.

Our flight leaves at 7:00am, with a 3 hour layover in Dallas! Yayayayaya.... ....that's sarcasm...if our layover was only an hour, we'd get in to MCO so much earlier However, I'm ok with it, as we'll have time to sit down and have a nice meal, relax, take it slow, rather than running from gate to gate. Wow, that airport is big (defs just looked its website on) I see they have a Chilli's! OM NOM.

If I bring my laptop, we may watch a movie, who knows?! Our next flight leaves around 3:00pm, and then around 6:00pm, we'll start seeing some of these:

As we land in the AMAZING ORLANDO!! EEEEEEEKKK!! Hopefully we'll quickly & efficiently find our way down to the Magical Express area, where this will be waiting for us:

And seriously...if Mickey has somehow gotten our bags, and is there waiting to whisk us away to CBR, I'm quite okay with that. This is when the magic starts, and I adore that feeling. Once you land in MCO, absolutely everyone is friendly, and awesome, and just magical! The humidity there, the weather is warm, the SMELL of Orlando. ahhhhh...amazing.

Hopefully we'll manage to get the the resort by 7:30. If we land on time, I figure we can be on the ME by 7, and then we'll make the trip quickly, right?! Can we talk about how excited writing this is making me?! (It also reminded me that I actually need to book the ME haha!)

Let the Memories Begin! Click on it!!

We'll soon be arriving here:

Caribbean Beach Resort! Our first stay here, and our first stay at a Moderate! It will be super nice to have the little bit of extra space, and the WIFI (although that's everywhere now...) I'm just excited for the beach part of things, and the hammocks! Hopefully we HAVE some downtime to chill in the sun here!
After a quick check in, we'll head into our room, drop off our stuff, change, and hopefully it will be no later than 8:30 by now (that's totally reasonable, right?!) and we'll make it into the park by 9!!

Which park, you may ask? Well, the one that's open until 2am of course!!

And since it's April, and it's EMH, it appears that there are 2 showings of the MSEP, so we'll be able to watch that if we want (9 &11 pm) and we'll even have around an hour before the showing of Wishes!

Debating around wait times, we'll probably stop in to see the main Mouse first thing! Gotta let him know we're here, right?!

And his lady friend too of course! Once that's done, I have a specific place in minda that we'll need to detour on our way through to Frontierland to hit up, and if you've read my last TR, you know where that is!

Yup...there it is...gotta make a stop to see them! Especially since we know by this time, they'll probably be the only characters out (minus the Fairies). Next up we'll conquer some mountains:

And visit some happy haunts & pirates!

My guess is we'll spend the next couple of hours riding rides, knowing Tyler, he'll want to go on Space Mountain a million times in a row!

And thanks to it being a beautiful night time our last stop before fireworks will probably be The TTA!!

Then, of course, it's time for us all to make a wish and wait for it to come true...also known as...the time Tyler & Tanessa will be embarressed to be with me as I'll be crying...

We'll now have the option to find a spot to watch some more entertainment:

OR we can head straight to Fantastyland to tackle all the rides there and watch the parade on our MK day!

I just figure that there won't be a huge amount of crowds in the park, especially during the parade, and that night time is a better time to accomplish FL, when all the smaller kids are headed to bed.

Who knows what time we'll end up being done the park, I'm guessing that we won't last until 2 am, especially since we've got to be up EARLY the next morning, and after travelling all day, you're usually tired (which doesn't really make sense, as you usually sleep all day travelling...) I'm gonna say by 12:30 we'll probably head back to CBR for a quick round of showers and sleep!

Main Goals of the Day:
-Get to MCO safe & sound
-Be ahead of schedule if possible
-Immerse self in Magic
-Tiana & Naveen!

That Ariel tshirt is gorgeous!! where did you get it?
Old 05-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #14
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairytale View Post
That Ariel tshirt is gorgeous!! where did you get it?
Thanks!! It's from Tren-D, I've got 3 Ariel shirts all from there, they're fantastic! I'm pretty sure they still have it too

Old 05-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #15
katt789
DIS Veteran

Aaaannd Heeeeer Weee Gooo!!!!

Our story begins on the late night of April 21st, we had all worked that night, I headed home to quickly pack up the last couple of things into my carryon, and waited for Tyler to get there, and Tanessa joined us after a quick nap at 4:30 am, we had a friend picking us up to take us to the airport (you may remember Sylvia, from Dec? She was nice enough to take us out there! Yay! Thanks Sylvia!) We headed in quickly, were there by 5, and ready to check in.

Everything went smoothly, we grabbed some greasy breakfast and were soon on our way! The flight was uneventful, full of sleeping and reading, and soon enough we were stopped in Dallas Fort Worth, where we had 3 hours to kill! (Although, when it comes down to it, after deplaning, and boarding, and finding the gate, it wasn’t that bad) We stopped for lunch at Papasitos Cantina for some Mexican grub along the way!

They had great food, and great magaritas! Tyler had tamales, which he said were delcious, Tanessa had a chicken burrito, and I had the chicken and beef fajitas, SO MUCH FOOD! The portion sizes were HUGE, seriously, too much to handle! And the margarita; made with patron (and not pricey either!) Overall, great lunch! If there’s one thing that Disney has taught me, it’s to look up in places (and check out all that tequila!)

We meandered our way through the airport just waiting and wanting to be in Orlando already! Heat, humidity, and most importantly DISNEY! I did find something that made me chuckle on the way!

Yup, Lord of the Rings Pez Despensers…BAHAHA

Before we knew it, we were landed in ORLANDO! Aahhh that amazing feeling as soon as you walk off the plane and you feel the humidity and it just feels amazing! The magic filled the air right away as we quickly found our luggage, and correctly headed to the Magic Express area (that’s right! I didn’t get lost this time! YAY!) There was barely anybody on the Magical Express when we got there, so we managed to get front row seats, score! I’ve always wanted to sit in the front, the ride is so exciting, everyone wants to be there, everyone’s happy and excited and just can’t wait!

Oh the adrenaline! And the welcome video, now that is something that really gets the magic going. The commercial at the beginning is much more heart string-pulling, but the whole video itself is just entertaining!

And now, the real reason, of course, that I wanted to sit in the front, to get a picture of the sign! Iiieeeee! So much awesome!! *sigh* if only I could be seeing that sight right now, life would be made!

The bus driver managed to have it timed perfectly that as soon as we were pulling up into Caribbean Beach Resort, the video was done, and we were about halfway through the Donald cartoon. Yay!! Our new home for the week, we couldn’t really see much, as it was getting on the dark side, but that’s ok, any home is a home at Disney, right?! I had the other two grab my bag while I jumped inside to check in ahead of the rush. Everything was set to go, and I was soon to find out that my online check in requests had been honored! We were close to transportation, and close to the main building (although at this point, on the map, we didn’t really think we were…but, more on that to come!) The cm was nice enough to get us our birthday buttons, and Tanessa’s first trip button, and draw us a little diagram of how to get to our room from the check in building.

Our room was 1340, directly across the street from the check in, and right behind the Barbados bus stop, which was fantastic! After finding the right staircase, we were quickly up and into our room, and pleased to find, it was a corner room! Lots of sunshine, and a little extra space!

Tyler was amazed about how nice it was, especially comparable to Pop Century, where we had stayed last time. It’s definitely a nice step up, especially having the fridge, but after I have stayed deluxe, it isn’t the greatest thing in the world, but hey, still awesome! And hey, still at Disney, and there’s still towel crafts everywhere you go!

The three of us were just ready and raring to go at this point, and quickly changed, threw the stuff we needed into a park bag, and made the hop skip and the jump over to the bus stop.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: