Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

This elevator leads directly to… THE GIFT SHOP! A Dec. 2011 TR from BWI - FINAL 8-27

For a really poor example of WHY I’m writing this TR, see here.

It was a really bad example of a PTR, but trust me – my TR’s are WAY better! See here.

Anyway, this is a recollection of my 7 day/6 night stay at WDW with my best friend, Erica, and her mom, MB. We stayed at Boardwalk Inn with an awesome room (and a surprise theme park view…).

The beginning will be light on photos but I promise there will be plenty others to view down the road.

So aboard on our amazing trip!

Last edited by kwitcherkicken99; 08-27-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
kwitcherkicken99

Official placeholder for chapters and links

POST 3: Introduction to the road past traveled
POST 4: The Plot Thickens...
POST 5: Girls Just Want to Have Fun

POST 6: Day from Hades... the beginning
POST 7: Day from Hades gets hotter
POST 8: And even hotter...
POST 9: Day from Hades eventually cools off
POST 10: Have you met my friend, tequila?
POST 11: Getting our feet wet
POST 12: Wait... my phone rang?
POST 13: Day 2 & the FP dash for TSM
POST 14: We've got character!
POST 15: What to do? What to do?
POST 16: ST, Sci-Fi, and a BIG MISTAKE.
POST 17: Beware the creature from the Black Lagoon!
POST 18: Day 3 & the morning of MVMCP
POST 20: Party on Wayne
POST 21: The sky is falling
POST 22: You’ve GOT to be kidding me!
POST 23: Tour Day
POST 24: Cousin Jed and his kinfolk…
POST 25: What time is the 3 o’clock parade?
POST 26: Central shops – the super secret building place
POST 27 Day 5: Animal Kingdom
POST 28: Rafiki’s and the elusive Russell
POST 29: Holding our breath
POST 30: Poor Disco Betty…
Post 31: Dinner in EP
POST 32: Day 6 - MK
Post 33: How dare you child!
Post 34: In the torture, torture, torture, torture, torture room
Post 35: So long, Cap’n
Post 36: To Tomorrowland and Beyond!
Post 37: You did WHAT?!?!?!?!
Post 38: Still the most depressing day of vacation
POST 39: I think I just scared the pants off that CM. Oops!
POST 40: Don’t forget to volunteer!
POST 41: WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
POST 42: The end of it all =(

Last edited by kwitcherkicken99; 08-27-2012 at 07:20 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
kwitcherkicken99

POST 3: Introduction to the road past traveled

To take you back a little bit – when E and I hatched this plan to vacation together in Florida instead of me flying to her hometown in South Dakota, we decided that we were either going to go big or… well… go big.

We wanted this trip to be one that MB would NEVER forget. We planned and planned, reformulated, and planned some more until we had the GREATEST ideas to make MB a blubbering mess of happiness for the duration of the trip. E and MB would arrive in Florida a few days before me and spend time at the “other” park then I was to meet up with them and spend the rest of the time in WDW.

We decided that this trip would be full of firsts. That included a new resort, new food, and new experiences and most importantly, TOP SECRET SURPRISES!

First order of business for the WDW portion was the room. Once E settled on a new resort, the Boardwalk Inn, we scoured various internet resources for examples of the rooms and decided we weren’t too keen on the décor and layout of the rooms at BWI but we made our decision and were sticking to it. MB loved the EP area resorts as EP is her favorite park, so it only made sense to stay there and they’d already stayed at BC so BWI it was.

Upon viewing the photos here http://allears.net/acc/bwiss.htm our minds went to work on how we can festi-vize the room. By the time we were finished, every inch of the room was accounted for on how to Christmas it up.

Then we talked about what surprises we could pull off during the week. We considered a fireworks cruise and the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party but neither was a good fit. We opted for a basket of goodies and the Behind the Seeds tour for our special treats as well as having a mini-Christmas during the week.

Once we got the main things covered we needed to devise a plan to get the room decorated secretly. We literally decided to cover every square inch of the room in Christmas in some way and with bag fees so high we knew we needed to ship boxes ahead (and the headache that comes along with it – more on that in a bit…) because our suitcases would be full enough as it was.

Our plan was set and we were ready to go.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

WOW! Could I be first...and not LAST???

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 03-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #5
kwitcherkicken99

I sure hope not!

I'm digging through my PTR to those I've lost touch with. My guess is almost everyone is in bed...
Old 03-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
I sure hope not!

I'm digging through my PTR to those I've lost touch with. My guess is almost everyone is in bed...
*almost*....'cept for us night-shifty-noises.

Looking forward to the ride.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 07-17-2012, 06:26 AM   #7
Blissikins
Earning My Ears

I am loving your trip report! I would love to do a Behind the Magic tour, they sound so interesting (though maybe not with Stu...!).
Old 07-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #8
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

HUH...

For the life of me cannot figure out what they censored in my typing. I don't think I would use vulgar language in the DIS
Old 07-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissikins View Post
I am loving your trip report!
Thanks for stopping in!

Quote:
I would love to do a Behind the Magic tour, they sound so interesting (though maybe not with Stu...!).
Old 07-18-2012, 08:57 AM   #10
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Yay for the pin score...and we found ourselves getting of the bus at the Swan and walking over the bridge, too...so much faster!
Old 07-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
kwitcherkicken99

Had the job interview today. There ended up being two positions available. One will deal solely with attendance and the other will deal with the disciplinary issues that come into the Student Services office. I have a good feeling about this one as they asked me for references at the end of the interview!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

I love how you decorated the room! You definately improved the looks. We were considering BWI this trip, but stayed with our old faithful Poly. Looking forward to your updates!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 04-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #13
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

looks like a great morning! i loved when we stayed at YC because of how easy it was to get to epcot and dhs...so cool to have that easy, quick access!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #14
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
I love how you decorated the room! You definately improved the looks. We were considering BWI this trip, but stayed with our old faithful Poly. Looking forward to your updates!

Thanks! We planned and planned for it and I was very pleased with how it all came to be in the end. It was totally worth it!

I really enjoyed BWI - the location alone makes it worth it for me (but I love EP, so...). I was pleasantly surprised at how the decor was well done and thorough but it didn't feel overwhelming - almost like I was in New England, definitely out East.

I'll be posting a new update here very shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
looks like a great morning! i loved when we stayed at YC because of how easy it was to get to epcot and dhs...so cool to have that easy, quick access!
I first stayed in that area back in 1998 when my dad had a firefighters convention AT Disney. We stayed at the Swolphin and loved having the Friendships at our disposal. Dad hates EP, but it got him closer to the Biergarten, which negated all his negative EP energy.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
kwitcherkicken99

POST 14: We’ve got character!

We headed out of Pixar Place to one of my favorite character hiding spots!

Last May we only got to see Mike, which was great, but double the monster, double the fun! I never knew this area was back there until last May – and now it will be permanently etched into my touring plans!

Next up, E and MB took a spin on the newly renovated Star Tours and came back with glowing reviews. E said it was really mild and a great ride overall. Then she told me I should give it a try. I was dumb enough to entertain the idea…

I get motion sickness pretty bad. Dumbo almost puts me under, but I take prescription motion sickness meds so I can still have fun on the thrill rides. Last time I went on Star Tours (in Disneyland) I couldn’t get up for over an hour. Remember this…

From Star Tours, we meandered back to the center of the park for none other than GMR. I brought my fish-eye lens this time around so I could play around with it in the park. Because my camera has a 1.5x magnification on the CCD, my 17mm is actually a heavily distorted 18.5mm lens.

For the first time ever, I was able to get the whole building in! We got the cowboy side for my first time – I usually go gangsta.

Then we decided to check out Art of Animation where we saw a couple of old friends. I promised DD that I’d tell Pooh Bear hello when I saw him. He was thrilled to receive the message!

From there we looked through all the sketches and Academy Awards between the meet and greet area and the gift shop. We stepped out of the gift shop and over the courtyard with all busts. I had to get a photo with one of my heroes!

What a great bust!

Tags
adult trip, backstage magic tour, boardwalk inn, christmas, mvmcp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: