Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Food, SQUIRREL, and When We Are Old...A March 2012 TR

We just returned from another GREAT trip to our happy place. This trip was a complete surprise for our children. We went in March 2011, and told our children we would not be able to return for another 3 or 4 more years. Free dining was made available and a trip was planned without them knowing a THING! The trip was a surprise and was also filled with other surprises. I am eager to share with you the surprise reveal video, lots of stories, and some pretty great pictures. This is my first TR, so go easy on me.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
wakica
DIS Veteran

Following along and looking forward to seeing how things were in the parks this month

Me dh dd(16)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Allow me to introduce our motley crew to you.

First there is ME...

I am Connie- 40 year old mom of three. I work as an administrative assistant at a local private university. I enjoy reading and and I love to cook when there is plenty of time to play around in the kitchen. I am game for just about any adventure, and it goes without saying that I am a HUGE fan of Disney! I grew up in Central Florida, and went to Disney so often that I had no proper appreciation for it. I moved from Florida when I was 17, and did not return to Disney until I was married and had two little girls...almost 20 years later. I must say that Disney is a different place when you take your own children. We plan to return annually now.

DH Brian- 35 year old Star Wars geek. He works as an aircraft maintainance planner. He loves playing Modern Warfare games on his XBox 360, and he loves all things Star Wars. Our March 2011 trip was his first full immertion into the Disney culture. He had gone to WDW for two one day trips, but had never stayed on property, had the dining plan, etc. He enjoyed our vacation in 2011, and was okay with going again this time. It was on this trip that he really "drank the koolaid" and is now excited about planning our next trip...and a trip every year from here to "infinity and beyond." It is from him that inspiration came for the "when we are old" portion of the TR title....but that will come later!

DD Jillian- 12 year old Daddy's girl. Jillian is in 7th grade. She is at the age that we like to lovingly say that her eyeshadow matches the koolaid stain around her lips. She tries to be all grown up, but we love to see her revert back to just being a kid on a regular basis. She is our thrill ride junkie and loves the fact that she gets to ride them all twice. Each parent rides with her while the other stays with the younger kids. Jillian gained an appreciation for Disney dining this time, so I am sure she will have to put her two cents in when it comes to making ADR's from here on out. Something she said is the inspiration for the "Food" part of the TR title...will you stick around to find out what she said?

DD Charity- 10 year old diva. Charity is our girly-girl. She likes all things pink and sparkly. She spent all her souvenier AND birthday money on accessories on this trip. She is a mommy's girl. She is all drama all the time. She has always been fearful of trying new things. She really stepped out of her comfort zone on this trip and tried new things. She made herself and the rest of the family proud by overcoming her fear of heights and flying on an airplane for the first time...and she was okay with it! She tried new rides she was always afraid to try...and now they are her favorites! Stay tuned to find out which ones...

DS Gabriel- 5 yr old Jedi Pirate! Gabriel is his daddy's fellow Star Wars geek. On our 2011 trip he was all about everything Star Wars: building his own light sabre, Jedi Training Academy, etc. He did do the JTA again this year, and he also got to go on the new Star Tours ride, but this year the Pirate really came out in him. He was all about Pirates this time. He couldn't wait to go on Pirates of the Caribbean, spent his loot on a Jack Sparrow hat and sword, collected gold deblooms at the Disney Jr. show (which coincidentally showed up in our washer after we got home ) and REALLY enjoyed our Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage. He provided the inspiration for the "SQUIRREL" portion of the TR title....you must stick around to hear the harrowing tale!

That's our bunch. I hope you will follow along to find out what kind of adventures we encountered and the memories we made.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
GaRain
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to reading more about your trip!
Old 03-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
Following along and looking forward to seeing how things were in the parks this month
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
Looking forward to reading more about your trip!
to both of you! Thanks for joining in. Hope I can keep it fun and exciting for you!
Old 03-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
cogero
DIS Veteran

I am joining in for the ride. I love our trips to Disney.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
Old 03-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #7
cstorm65
DDC #699

I'm looking forward to hearing about you all's trip!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Nope, no mini foods....I am shooting from a different angle on the food for this one... [/QUOTE]
I hate to say it oopsi, but poisoned Apples have already been done :-P

D~
Old 08-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #9
solana131
DIS Veteran

I love the egg carton caterpillar craft! I think I might do that with my little guy this weekend while it rains. Thanks for that idea!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 08-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I hate to say it oopsi, but poisoned Apples have already been done :-P

D~
What!?! Are you serious? I thought I was totally being original...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
I love the egg carton caterpillar craft! I think I might do that with my little guy this weekend while it rains. Thanks for that idea!
Go for it! Those are so much fun. I was a preschool teacher when my girls were little and I did caterpillars with my classes several times.

So, I have failed to do another actual trip update this week. I won't have a chance tomorrow or this weekend as our schedule is FULL! I am taking a half day off work tomorrow. Our church is hosting a marriage conference this weekend, and I volunteered to help with set up so that I wouldn't be called upon to help DURING the conference... That way Brian and I can just enjoy the conference and each other this weekend. The conference will be over Saturday evening, so I will TRY to upload our Day 6 pictures to Photobucket on Sunday.

I hope all my Disfriends have a wonderful weekend!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #11
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Oh what amazing updates! Even though I read them, I have Dory-brained and will probably forget some of the comments I noted in my head while reading.

How amazing that you got picked for the IJ show!!!!!!!
Sorry that F! upset some of the kiddos.
What great pics of you guys "pigging out" on junk at F!
Love the theme nights! Such great ideas and it all looks amazing!
Happy belated Birthda to DS!!! The cake was great!

And other stuff that has escaped my brain. Someone keeps leaving the door open.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 08-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #12
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Oh what amazing updates! Even though I read them, I have Dory-brained and will probably forget some of the comments I noted in my head while reading.

How amazing that you got picked for the IJ show!!!!!!!
Sorry that F! upset some of the kiddos.
What great pics of you guys "pigging out" on junk at F!
Love the theme nights! Such great ideas and it all looks amazing!
Happy belated Birthda to DS!!! The cake was great!

And other stuff that has escaped my brain. Someone keeps leaving the door open.
So happy to see you back Liddy!!! You have very good reason to be suffering "Dory-brain"!

Yes, our second DHS day was pretty cool, especially for me! And speaking of that second DHS day...Photopass pictures anyone??? These are actually from both DHS days...

This is a TERRIBLE picture of the girls...the sun was in their eyes and they really didn't want to do it, but mean mommy made them!

Last edited by oopsiDAISY; 10-25-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Awesome update!

How in the world did you manage to get so many FPS? You had to be timing those just perfectly.

Insert grouchy face for the stroller stealer.

Loves all the Disney bling for the birthday girl!

D~
Old 10-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #14
ravensterling3
Earning My Ears

I haven't got around to do ptr yet. Now my husband has change his mind since he found out that Disney has a star wars weekend. So now we going the first weekend in June.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #15
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
That looks like it was so much fun!!! YOu guys always do the best family stuff!

D~
What can I say? I am addicted to FUN! I just want my kids to live a life chock full of memories...and someday they will do the same for my precious grandchildren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Yep My plan is to take my youngest for 3 nights in april and My oldest for 3 nights in October,each for their birthdays,they really want solo trips with me,and I'm always on board for any excuse to go to WDW,PLus now I'm even more excited that I might get to meet you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensterling3 View Post
I haven't got around to do ptr yet. Now my husband has change his mind since he found out that Disney has a star wars weekend. So now we going the first weekend in June.
OMGoodness...you have read my TR right? You know that we are Star Wars geeks? If you DO go for a Star Wars Weekend, and you DO do a PTR or TR for it, I will definitely be subscribing! It is on our bucket list to do that someday, we are just not brave enough yet to tackle the crowds and FL heat!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: