Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

Chris & Patrick's VWL 7/5/13 Floral Update!!! 1/18/13

NEVER too early, right??! We (and by “we” I mean me, and Patrick when he’s forced to, lolol!) have been scouring the Wedding Forum since we first started looking at rings in late December. And. I’m only joking about P, really. He’s a wonderful man who has made my every dream come true since I first met him. But. While he’s all about pleasing me (and what’s not to like about that, right? :D ) I’m about our wedding day being about US and not just the bride. No, really, it’s totally true!

A little backstory…

First, here’s the happy couple!

This is not the first rodeo, so to speak , for either of us. So. We wanted to keep this simple, elegant and oh-so-very-Disney. Which is how we first met. Which is another story unto itself, lolol! We own DVC at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge, our second most special place in the world (what’s the first, you ask? Why, that would be anywhere the other one was. No, really!) So, I was thrilled to see we could do an Escape Wedding there! We first looked at the Memory Collection but, for some strange reason, even though the space at VWL can accommodate up to 10 people for the Escape wedding ceremony, they only allow up to 8 for the Memory ceremony. What’s up with that, anyway?? Same space, seems like it should allow for the same amount of people, right??

Anyway. We have 5 children between us, plus some of them have significant others, so we’re a party of 10. Phew!!! I just can’t imagine having our wedding anywhere but there. Really, truly. I LOVE the Wedding Pavillion, I really do, but neither of us are particularly religious and it just seems too church like of an atmosphere. Plus. Did I mention we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE VWL?

Umm. A small confession here. When we first met, I was a diehard Polynesian fan. I mean, DIE HARD. But. I have come to love and appreciate the simple beauty that is the Wilderness Lodge and now I wouldn’t stay anywhere else. Although. I have made it clear that if there ever comes a day when they build a DVC at the Poly we are going to need more points!!!

To recap. We’re hoping for an Escape wedding at 2:30pm on the Sunrise Terrace at VWL on July 5, 2013. Just our own “Modern Family.” Believe it or not, I already have a dress and I go for my first fitting next Saturday! I’ve been working on a DIY wedding invite – something simple, elegant and Disney, lol! It’s got a hunter green petal fold thingie that we’re going to use as an envelope:

The invite will look like this:

I’ve had stamps made from that picture of us (see above) and had sticker thingies made to close the petals from a picture Patrick took of the Lodge when we were last there:

The plan is to take photos around the resort, and hopefully have time to take just one or two and the Contemporary and the Grand Floridian, then have dinner at Artist Point at 5:30.

We’ve (and again, by “we” I mean me :D ) found tons of inspiration photos from all of you ladies from DIY projects to photo poses. Oh!!!!! I forgot to say, we are DEFINITELY (yes, Patrick, I know you’re reading this and I’m saying DEFINITELY) having a MK photo shoot. Right now leaning toward morning of ceremony, but it seems like you kind of have to take what you can get? I’m sure I’ll be posting lots of these pictures and I’ll apologize from the get-go for pilfering them and being unable to give credit where credit is due. Because I have no clue now where I found them all!

That’s it for now, except to say, I’m so excited to be a DFTW couple!!!!

Oh! So. That wasn’t it. Oops! I forgot to show my ring! I totally love it, and the story that goes with it. But. I think my Ring King might like a hand in the telling. So. I’ll leave that to him!

Last edited by luvvwl; 01-18-2013 at 04:01 PM.
luvvwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

Oopsies!! Sorry those pictures are sooooo big!! I'm a little technologically challenged when it comes to that!

And! Thanks for reading along!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

I'm totally there reading all about your wedding, luvvwl Very exciting, and I love the ring!

Did I ever mention I worked there for 3 1/2 yrs? The Lodge, that is. Disney is 40 in July (yeah, im getting old....)
Old 03-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

I'm in!

I love WL and FINALLY staying at VWL in October. I'm so jealous you are going to get married there....its beautiful! Speaking of beautiful, that ring is GORGEOUS!!! The "Ring King" has great taste.

Jill in CO
Old 03-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
Floridagram
DIS Veteran

I'm in too! I feel like a stalker but I really enjoy reading the things you write. Wishing you lots of pixie dust! Or whatever they have at the VWL.
Floridagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
luvvwl
Mouseketeer

Awww! Thanks everyone! We're nothing if not entertaining. I think.

And. You're NOT a stalker, Floridagram. Yet, lol!!! But. If you show up at the wedding with a fist pump and a "You go, girl!", I might begin to wonder!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: