Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

No ticker and no planning make me GO CRAZY.. Feb. 2013 PTR

Edit:We're going to Disney in Feb. 2013 for the Princess Half Marathon

If you want to skip over the first few pages of wishy washiness- here is the start of Feb. planning.

I will also try to update my chapter links so you can skip all of the Sept/Dec plans that got switched a million time
Official Feb PTR start

I know, I knowÖ starting a pre-trip report 20 months before the trip? Crazy, right? As you can see from my title though- No ticker and no planning make me GO CRAZY!!!!

I know Homer isnít Disney, but this scene from the Simpsons seems to express how I feel when I have no trips to plan.

My name is Diane and I am 29 years old. (Although I will be hitting the big 30 in a few short months)

My DH is John and he will be turning 31 next week. We have been married for 10 years.

Our daughter is Caitlin and she is 7. Iíll probably do more detailed intros later, after all- I have 20 months to kill here.

I have been lucky enough to have been to Disney 10 times (I think). DH has been 6 times, 5 of which have been with me. Caitlin has been 3 times. On our last trip in Oct., DH only agreed to go if I promised not to make him go back for 3 years. Of course, during the trip he stated he isnít going back for 5, 10 years, maybe never. However the original agreement was 3 years so I'm running with that and that brings DH to 2014 before another trip. Whatever, that doesnít mean Caitlin and I have to wait. I also promised that would let him choose our vacation destination for 2012, which means no Disney that year.

Which brings us to 2013. I have always wanted to see Disney during the Christmas season. I know that DH will not appreciate the holiday magic at Disney so it will be the perfect time for a mother/daughter trip.

I have also taken up running (okay, really slow jogging) and recently started to run in local 5ks. I really want to run in the Princess Half Marathon but am not sure if that will happen in 2013 or 2014. Iíll get into that later.

DH has given his 3 year leave of absence, which brings us to 2014. I have told Caitliln that we could go to Disney for her 10th birthday (last time paying childís price is a good excuse for a Disney trip, right) Her 10th birthday will be Oct. 2014 which will be a family trip this time. I am hoping to get APís on our Nov/Dec. 2013 trip which will also let us go back to Disney in Feb. 2014 and Oct. 2014. Have I lost anyone yet?

Last edited by pinkxray; 10-04-2012 at 08:36 PM.
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Chapter Links

Offical Start of Feb 2013 PTR including cast

One hotel booked for Feb, one to go

Possible Adrs

Last edited by pinkxray; 08-18-2012 at 09:07 AM.
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

There is one big variable in all of these trips that might change everything around. We are really hoping to add to our family this year so when and if I become pregnant that will have a big impact on the dates.

As of right now I am hoping to be pregnant within the next few months and my dates all work around that.

Trip #1- mother/daughter trip
Dec 2013- Hopefully 4 nights. Just enough time to check out all Disney has to offer during the holiday season. Xmas party, Osbourne lights, decorations,etc. Right now I say that it will remain a mother/daughter trip whether or not we have another child. That could change, not sure I would want to leave one kid behind.

Trip #2
February 2014
Princess Half Marathon- This trip is the most up in the air. If I get pregnant soon then this will be perfect. Who goes with me is undetermined. I asked me sister (nermel9 on the boards) to train with me and she agreed. If I take a trip with her Caitlin and any other children who might be around by then will have to come. But if we both in the race who will watch the kid(s)? Grandma, thatís who. I mentioned it to my mother and she would like to come but she is not in good health and two years is a long way away.

Nermel9- who might make an appearance on one of the trips

Here is a picture of me during my first 5k in Dec. I look like I am about to die. But that little blue strip is the finish line and I didn't walk once I just did another on Sunday but the pictures aren't up yet. I am hoping that by training for a half marathon I can get faster in the 5ks and not look like I am dying. I also need to start smiling and waving to the cameras. I usually look down or away

If my sister does not train there is the possiblilty of her just doing the 5k (there is usually a 5k the day before the princess, right?) and doing the half marathon myself. That way she can just watch the kids and grandma doesnít have to come.

DS might not be making any trips to Disney in 2014 (although I find that hard to believe) so that either leaves a solo trip or bringing along DH. I think I would lean towards solo. DH and crowds donít mix well, so I donít really want to bring him to Disney during Presidentís week. However if he does come it will be a short weekend trip with maybe a 3 or 4 night cruise mixed in.

Trip #3
October 2014
This trip is almost certain as our next full family Disney trip. It will be more of a FL trip than Disney. Half at Universal/ half Disney. A day at Discovery Cove. If for some reason we have not had another child by then this might turn into a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas instead. We loved our DCL cruise last year but DH will not take an infant on a cruise for a week.

Last one- I have decided not to put too much stress on when/if I become pregnant so I am hoping to train for a local half marathon that takes place in Sept. If I become pregnant before then, awesome. If not, at least Iíll be in shape to do a half marathon. I will also push up the Princess Half to Feb. 2013.Honestly though, I am really hoping it will have to be 2014.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I didn't know you started this!

I'd like to do the half marathon in 2013, but of course, there's always the small possibility of me having a baby by then (or close to that time anyway) or being in school, but who knows, either way, I'm doing 2014. I gotta get a treadmill, I was just looking at some at the mall the other day. I might just start running outside for now, since it's getting a little warmer out. I really want to do the Royal Family 5K more than anything next year. Even if I go alone for a weekend. I really want to run through Epcot. I thought of doing the new 5K for the Tower of Terror weekend in September this year, but the course is at the World of Sports complex, that's so ridiculous. I thought it would be in DHS. I want to do the 10 mile race SO bad. I wish I could run 10 miles by September. It's too bad we couldn't just go that weekend this year and do that race.

I wouldn't count on Grandma coming ever...it just doesn't seem like it will happen.

Oh yeah, you can leave your baby with me if you want to go on a cruise in 2014!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
jpmom97
DIS Veteran

Following along! My DH isn't a fan of Disney either. Everytime we go I hear " this the last time for a long time.." he does enjoy himself when he goes though.

Good luck with the marathons and babies!!
jpmom97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #6
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmom97 View Post
Following along! My DH isn't a fan of Disney either. Everytime we go I hear " this the last time for a long time.." he does enjoy himself when he goes though.

Good luck with the marathons and babies!!

DH always seem to enjoy parts of our vacation, but then throws in that he doesn't want to go back again. I give up and will just plan our trips anyway. I'll ask him if he wants to go and if he doesn't, oh well, at least I save some money

I am heading over to caught up on your PTR.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:12 AM   #7
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I didn't know you started this!

I'd like to do the half marathon in 2013, but of course, there's always the small possibility of me having a baby by then (or close to that time anyway) or being in school, but who knows, either way, I'm doing 2014. I gotta get a treadmill, I was just looking at some at the mall the other day. I might just start running outside for now, since it's getting a little warmer out. I really want to do the Royal Family 5K more than anything next year. Even if I go alone for a weekend. I really want to run through Epcot. I thought of doing the new 5K for the Tower of Terror weekend in September this year, but the course is at the World of Sports complex, that's so ridiculous. I thought it would be in DHS. I want to do the 10 mile race SO bad. I wish I could run 10 miles by September. It's too bad we couldn't just go that weekend this year and do that race.

I wouldn't count on Grandma coming ever...it just doesn't seem like it will happen.

Oh yeah, you can leave your baby with me if you want to go on a cruise in 2014!

I just saw an add in Runner's World magazine for the 10miler. It looks so cool.

I wish I do all the Disney runs. Once I get my AP it will be hard not to slip away for a weekend to do the 5ks.

I told Caitlin to keep bugging Grandma to go for walks to get in shape for Disney. She just says yeah, yeah and that it is two years away. I know she probably won't be able to go, but it would be nice since it would be probably be her one last trip to Disney.

I'm sure Brandon wouldn't be happy watching a baby for a week
Old 10-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #8
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Hope you get some rest! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Welcome back, Diane!
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise and cannot wait to hear all about it!

Plus, I still hope that you will take that February trip - cannot wait to see you at BLT!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #11
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Welcome home! I can't wait to see your pictures and hear all the stories!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
oboedm
DIS Veteran

I would love to see cruise pictures as well!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #14
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Welcome back, Diane!
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise and cannot wait to hear all about it!

Plus, I still hope that you will take that February trip - cannot wait to see you at BLT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Welcome back. I would LOVE to see your pictures and hear all about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Welcome home! I can't wait to see your pictures and hear all the stories!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Welcome back! Anxiously awaiting the TR!! I am all for seeing pictures from the cruise...Disney or not!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
I would love to see cruise pictures as well!

I'm glad you guys don't mind seeing the cruise pictures. I only have about 500 When I first starting takes pictures the morning before the cruise I was getting annoyed at how the pictures looked and decided I wasn't taking any pictures this trip. I really need to get a good camera and learn how to use it soon. Looking back I wish I had just taken more pictures, even if my Guavaberry colada doesn't look as pink as it should in the photo.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #15
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Ft Lauderdale/Oasis of the Seas Day 1

We flew into Ft. Lauderdale on Friday night. We stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort that was right across from the beach. I debated between this option and the hotels near the pier with shuttles and free breakfast that were half the price. I ended up picking the Hilton because if I was going to Ft. Lauderdale I needed to see the beach. I have been to FL over 10 times and never seen a FL beach.

Anyway, as I said I learned many things on this trip that will be helpful on future trips.

1. I hate flying in the evening. Our previous flights to FL have always been the 630am flights. Sure, it stinks waking up early but you are in FL before you are even fully awake
Our flight left right before 5. DH and DD took half days (I did this so that Caitlin technically had a full day of school and missed one less) I hated waiting until 1 to pick up Caitlin and the day seemed to drag on forever. We will be sticking to crack of dawn flights from now on.

2. Hartford- Orlando flights is probably the farthest distance I can handle flying with a child. Hartford, CT- Fort Lauderdale was about 45 minutes longer, and I am telling you I could feel everyone of those 45 minutes. We flew on Jet Blue and even with the TV, Caitlin constantly bothered me about when we would land. I had hoped to get to Disneyland or Alaska in the next few years but those plans are all being pushed back, way back until Caitlin and any other kids are old enough to entertain themselves on the plane ride so that I can sleep. Everytime I started to fall asleep, Caitlin woke me up b/c she didn't want to be the only one awake.

3. Booking a hotel on the beach for twice the cost when you arrive at 9pm? Useless. Unless we are flying in the day before and can fully enjoy the hotel for at least a full day, we will pick the cheapest option from now on. We did get to check out the beach the next morning but it was totally not worth the extra cost, plus there were no casual food options which DH did not like.

Since we arrived late I never got any hotel pictures. It was very nice, the room was great since it was a jr suite with living room and bedroom. We had a view of the beach but were on the side of the building so it wasn't straight on. There were a bunch of drunk adults in the lobby but I guess that is the scene on a Friday night in that area?

Here are a few shots from the beach before it started to rain. I am very glad we got to check it out. It would be nice to get in a few days early next time to have some beach time.

View from the hotel

Fort Lauderdale Beach

After only 20 minutes clouds were closing in

DH managed to get his sneakers wet and decided 3 hrs before our cruise that it would have been a good idea to get some type of sandals. We walked about 20 minutes in the pouring rain looking for a beach wear shop, but never found one. Who takes a cruise and packs one pair of sneakers for their shoe choice?

Are you ready for the pictures I took on the ship the first day?

Yep, that's it I was annoyed that I couldn't capture the beach water the exact way I saw it and decided I wasn't taking anymore photos.

Just FYI- Royal Caribbean has the day of the week in the elevator and that was one picture I managed to take every day, no matter how much it annoyed Caitlin.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: