Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Cinderella<3
Earning My Ears

Live in Disney apartments or off?

Hello all, I was just wondering if someone could tell me if I have to live in one of the apartment provided or if I'm able to live in a non Disney apartment?
Cinderella<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
Mandilinee
Fall Advantage 2012 :)

You don't have to live in the housing that Disney provides, but you have to let them know beforehand I think.
Mandilinee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

For the Walt Disney World College Program, it is required to live in apartments but I believe you can petition to live in your own housing. It is considered part of the experience and they prefer that you do.

For the Disneyland College Program, you can live either in Disney housing or your own housing for both programs.

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
CapnKT626
Earning My Ears

You are not required to live in the housing but it's a huge part of it. I am not living in housing.

If you get an offer, you e-mail the college program and tell them you want to live somewhere else. They will send you an e-mail to send your information to. They'll ask for the address you plan on living at and your arrival date. They will e-mail you back and tell you if you are approved.

The college program housing takes your rent straight out of your paycheck and you don't end up making a lot. If you have family down there (like me) it would be of great monetary benefit to you. However, the college program housing gives you so many opportunities to meet new people. They do little parties where they invite characters that you can take your picture with and even little things like "Grocery Bingo." So you just have to make some trade-offs.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
lynne222
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKT626 View Post
You are not required to live in the housing but it's a huge part of it. I am not living in housing.

If you get an offer, you e-mail the college program and tell them you want to live somewhere else. They will send you an e-mail to send your information to. They'll ask for the address you plan on living at and your arrival date. They will e-mail you back and tell you if you are approved.
Thanks for sharing this info! Do you know how long we have to tell them that we want to live out of the housing? I probably will but I don't 100% know yet.
lynne222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
kaseyladd
Earning My Ears

I am coming back to WDW this summer as a sesonal worker. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can live for 12 weeks?
kaseyladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
mojopatoejoe
Earning My Ears

Off Campus Housing

I have an apartment and I am looking for a roomie to take the master bedroom. The apartment is located in Cagan Crossings at the 27 and 192. Former resident is college program alumni.

You can email me directly if your interested and looking for off campus housing. I also have a craigslist add up advertising the room if you want to see it.

Good luck!

orlando.craigslist.org/roo/2952653587.html

Last edited by mojopatoejoe; 04-11-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: typo
mojopatoejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #8
marialaura
Earning My Ears

Sorry, i cant help you. Good luck
marialaura is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: