Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Ridin' those rides and Trekking thru Africa, a Solo TR! FINAL UPDATE 10/28

Hi all! For those of you who didn't read my PTR, I'll tell you a little about myself.

I'm a 27, almost 28, year old single gal from Maryland.

I am, somewhat obviously, a Disney freak! I have always loved everything Disney, and this trip was my 5th trip to WDW, and the second solo trip. I have a dog, Phoenix, who is a 7 year old Beagle/Belgian Malinois mix, and 4 cats: Jag, Turk, Sweetie and Jynx. I have two younger sisters and my parents are still married. We all love Disney. One of my sisters, Heather, got married last year to her boyfriend of 5 years, Jimmy. He is not as much of a Disney freak and has never been to WDW. But he tolerates Heather's love of Disney.

I volunteer a lot with animal rescues and my job is actually animal related too. I am the Office Manager of a pet sitting company here in Maryland, and have enjoyed this job for almost 4 years now. It's a great mix of working with people and animals that works well for me.

Well, enough blabbering about me. If you have any questions please ask, otherwise let's get this TR under way!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Last edited by PhoenixStrength; 10-28-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
PhoenixStrength

Chapter Links

Arrival Day, Parts 1-4

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Last edited by PhoenixStrength; 02-25-2012 at 08:30 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Am I first??????
Old 02-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Wooooooo Hoooooo! Ready for the ride and the trek!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Am I first??????
Yes you are Kathy! Thanks for joining me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Wooooooo Hoooooo! Ready for the ride and the trek!
Hi Lisa! Glad you are here

Old 02-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

I am so in! Just got back myself from a semi-solo trip. I look forward to hearing about your trip
Old 02-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #7
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
I am so in! Just got back myself from a semi-solo trip. I look forward to hearing about your trip
Glad you are here, and that just got back from the World yourself!

Old 02-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Looks like a fun start! I would love to do a solo trip one day. We ate at Pollo Campero/Fresh-A-Peel too (in our case, because Wolfgang Puck Express was closed). I had a wrap from Fresh-A-Peel that was good, and my SO had chicken and rice from Pollo Campero that was actually pretty decent. I'm not sure we'd go back, though.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #9
disneycrazzy
Earning My Ears

Smile Getting Inspired!

Hi,

I'm enjoying following your report. I'm buying an annual pass for the first time this year - so a solo trip is a definite possibility! I'm getting motivated to give it a try!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Have to say that Pollo Campero meal does not look appetizing at all. Too bad it was such a let down. You should've headed next door to babycakes bakery. That place makes killer desserts. Nice pictures of DTD. Looks like you took lots of time there. How could you resist World of Disney?! That takes self control. I agree with the lights being left on. But in a way, I'm glad they do for safety reasons.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

What a bummer that your meal wasn't good and that the Characters in Flight was down. I've heard some good reviews on Pollo Campero and some bad but it does seem to get more negative reviews.

Very cool pictures of Downtown Disney. It seems like a good it of construction was going on but I guess that's to be expected during non-peak travel times.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #12
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
Looks like a fun start! I would love to do a solo trip one day. We ate at Pollo Campero/Fresh-A-Peel too (in our case, because Wolfgang Puck Express was closed). I had a wrap from Fresh-A-Peel that was good, and my SO had chicken and rice from Pollo Campero that was actually pretty decent. I'm not sure we'd go back, though.
I may give them another shot on another trip. They were swamped since it was a Saturday night and maybe they just didn't cook the rice long enough, or too long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazzy View Post
Hi,

I'm enjoying following your report. I'm buying an annual pass for the first time this year - so a solo trip is a definite possibility! I'm getting motivated to give it a try!
Solo trips are fun, so I hope you get to take one! I enjoy going with friends/family, but it is nice to be able to eat when and where you want, ride what yu want, skip any ride you don't want to do, come and go from the parks as you please, without anyone else there to complain about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Have to say that Pollo Campero meal does not look appetizing at all. Too bad it was such a let down. You should've headed next door to babycakes bakery. That place makes killer desserts. Nice pictures of DTD. Looks like you took lots of time there. How could you resist World of Disney?! That takes self control. I agree with the lights being left on. But in a way, I'm glad they do for safety reasons.
I only resisted the first time I was in DTD, the other 2 times I went in!

I'm sure they leave them on for safety and security reasons, but it was a little weird to see them on all night long after the construction crews left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
What a bummer that your meal wasn't good and that the Characters in Flight was down. I've heard some good reviews on Pollo Campero and some bad but it does seem to get more negative reviews.

Very cool pictures of Downtown Disney. It seems like a good it of construction was going on but I guess that's to be expected during non-peak travel times.
Like I said before, the chicken was cooked well, I just think I didn't like the seasoning combo they used. The rice, tortillas and desert were not very good though. It was really the only not-so-great meal I had though, so I wasn't too upset.

I knew that there would be a lot of construction everywhere when I picked February. None of it was really intrusive though, so I didn't care. Especially since I had almost no waits in any of the parks!

Old 06-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
PhoenixStrength

DAY 3, MONDAY FEBRUARY 13TH, PART 1

I woke up early, around 6:30am I believe, and took a shower. After I got my stuff together for the day I went down to Everything POP to get some coffee in my resort mug.

That is the last time that mug looked so pretty. As I was walking to the EPCOT bus stop a little kid ran into me, making me drop my mug and the lid shattered to pieces. I got another lid the next day, but didn't have any coffee to start my day. And as I got in line I realized I forgot my breakfast bar. Not a good start to the day, but oh well, I was heading to EPCOT!

I didn't have to wait long for the bus to arrive.

I don't have my journal in front of me, but I think it took 15 minutes or less until we pulled into EPCOT. I quickly made it to the gate and thru bag check, and took some pictures while waiting to be let further in.

As would continue thru the week, we were let in early, I think about 8:50am, which was 10 minutes early. Where did I head to first?

Along with almost everyone else! Thankfully since I was alone I could walk fast and not have to wait for anyone to keep up, so I got in really close to the front of the group.

I got a Fastpass to use for later (which I never got to use) and then got in line. That que line takes forever to get thru, especially when there is almost no one in front of you so you walk straight thru to the ride.

That last picture is ALL of the people that were in front of me, total. No one had gotten to ride yet. We all had to wait there for a few minutes as the ride wasn't ready yet, since it still wasn't even 9am at that point. After a bit though I got let in with the first group and took my spot and watched the pre-flight info!

AND....nothing. The girl who let me in screwed up so there was one too many people in my row. So I had to wait until the next time to ride. But I managed to get to the first row for that time instead, which made me happy.

After my flight over California I was starving, so I went next door to Sunshine Seasons to get the breakfast platter, which I get every trip.

It is really yummy and I felt much better after eating. But now, what did I want to do next?

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 09-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Wow...you got some great pics of the Tree of Life while waiting to get in and some awesome pictures on the Safari. I love the Safari...especially the giraffes.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #15
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Wow...you got some great pics of the Tree of Life while waiting to get in and some awesome pictures on the Safari. I love the Safari...especially the giraffes.
Thanks, I got more great pics of the Tree of Life later on that I'll post. And stay tuned, I went back on the safari a few times and got a TON more giraffe pictures

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: