Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Escape from Reality to My Happy Place!

Okay so thought I’d give this TR thing a try.
Here’s the basics
When Sunday Jan. 29 – Sat Feb. 4th
Where Sunday – Wed. night ASMusic Thursday and Fri. night Beach Club
Who

Me, Cathy. I started taking regular trips to Disney in 2004 when my brother moved there. I had taken 3 trips before that. The first being in 1980. Most of my trips from 2004 on were with my DS 19. But he’s in college now and hasn’t made the last few. So I was joined by my brother Tim and nephew Brady. Here they are from Oct. 2011

These guys live in FL a little over an hour from Disney so Tim was my chauffer for the week and to and from the airport.

I had a nice early flight Sunday morning at 6:30am. Left the house around 4:15 and got to Purchase college by 5 where they have parking for $10 a day and a free shuttle to Westchester airport about 10 minutes away. The airport was very quiet at that hour on a Sunday morning so bag check and security were a breeze. Here’s the view out my window just before my flight took off right on time.

It wasn’t long before I was on this all by myself! People don’t you know if you walk down to the front car you get into the airport firtst!?

Tim and Brady were waiting in the cell phone lot and were there to get me when I walked out with my luggage. We headed directly to

So that's a start but I could use some advice. My computer skills aren't as good as I would like. I had to keep going into photobucket and back here to post photos one by one. There has to be a better way. I took over 600 photos.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Yay a virgin report, im in!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
Mrs. Sojourner
Mouseketeer

You're doing great! I'm in. Can't wait to hear more.

Have Stayed at: AS Sport, ASM, CSR, POR & PBH (USF)
Check out my PTR! From West Africa to WDW; talk about some culture shock!

My Blog: Mrs. Sojourner's Monologues
Old 02-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
quigs3
Winds in the east, mist comin' in, like somethin' is brewin', about to begin!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
Luvmepluto
"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."-- Walt Disney

Location: The beautiful foothills of North Carolina....564.04 miles from the happiest place on EARTH!!

I am sure you will do GREAT! I can't wait to hear more!!!!!!!!!!!
2011 Pop, 2012POR,

Old 02-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Joining in! And great start!
My brother went to Purchase College. I had no idea they had parking and a shuttle to the airport.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #7
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for following along! And to NativeNYer they haven't been doing the shuttle thing for too long. Maybe a year? It's called PurchasePark2Fly and the proceeds benefit the school.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Okay so it's been a while. Life has been a bit hectic. Anyway I left off as we were driving under the Disney sign. Next stop was All Star Music to check in. When I got to the desk I asked if we could be put in the rock section as Brady is a budding rock star. He's been taking guitar lessons for a while now and is getting quite good. Not only did we get a room in the rock section but our room was ready! I think it was only about 10:45 at that point.

Some room pics and pics around the grounds

So a quick change into some shorts and we were off to MK. We decided this was where we wanted to go while we were in the car from the airport. Yup, except for one ADR absolutely nothing was planned for the week. I really don't plan much anymore since I've been lucky enough to have made so many trips. So after parking in the new Heroes lot

I was on a mission to the TTC to get one of these!!!

WooHoo!!! I'm officially an Annual Passholder again! It's been a few years since I've had one. I'm hoping to make another trip in October so it will be worth it to have the pass. And who knows I may have to make a quick end of summer trip. Gotta get my money's worth out of that AP right?

So into MK where I see more construction. It seems over the past year things have been covered up all over the place for refurbishment. I do think it's cool though the way things get covered with a picture of what's underneath.

So at this point poor Brady is "starving". Seems he only had 6 pancakes for breakfast! Haha! I think he's having a growth spurt. He's hungry all the time now. We decide on Caseys where Brady and I had hot dogs. I think Tim had nachos. Didn't get a pic of the nachos.

A few castle shots (darn crane!) before heading back down Main St.
I sent Brady Orlando Attractions Magazine and Celebrations Magazine for Christmas so we both had read about the new Sorcerer's card game and we were heading to the firehouse where you start to see if we could try it since we heard in was in testing mode at this point.

Back at the firehouse I saw a familiar face. I was pretty sure of who she was. So I went up to ask. I think some of you will recognize her.

It was Deb Wills from allears. I'm sure lots of you are familiar with her website.

She was very nice. We chatted for a couple of minutes. She lives in FL now. She gave me some allears trading cards that you can only get from someone from allears.

If you haven't heard of it it's allears.net. Check it out. Tons of info on Disney parks, resorts, restaurants...
Up next...the new MK game.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: