Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Safari Queen
Now 14 miles from my happy place.

A Moving Statement on Gay Marriage

If you haven't watched GOP Rep. Maureen Walsh's speech in support of the marriage bill in WA, do yourself a favor and watch it now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbmbdWK6338

VWL Feb 04, OKW Oct 04, SSR Oct 04, BWV Dec 04, OKW Feb 05, BCV Sep 05, BWV Oct 05, BWV Dec 05, OKW Feb 06, BWV Nov 06, BCV Jan 07, BWV & DCL Apr 07, BWV Jun 07, F&W @ BWV Oct 07, AKL & OKW Jan 08, F&W @ AKV Oct 08, BWV Jan 09, AKL Concierge Nov 09; BCV & BWV Jan 10; BWV Oct 10; BWV Jan 11; Coronado Sp/AKL - Feb 12; BWV F&W Oct 12; AKL Oct 13
NEXT: F&W, Oct 14
Safari Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
C&G'sMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari Queen View Post
If you haven't watched GOP Rep. Maureen Walsh's speech in support of the marriage bill in WA, do yourself a favor and watch it now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbmbdWK6338

Very Cool. Thank you for posting this.

"Those who dance are thought mad by those who hear not the music." - Unknown
C&G'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2012, 02:27 AM   #3
mellers
DIS Veteran

This week I was very proud to be from the great state of Washington. The bill should shortly be signed into law, and according to local broadcasts, marriage licenses for same-sex marriages are expected to be available by December of this year.

I was lucky that my wedding day was untainted by miscegenation laws. Had they been in effect at the time, my marriage would not have been legal. Thankfully, people fought to give me the right to marry the person of my choosing. Now, it's my job to do the same for the next generation, which is why I lobbied my local politicians, and I am glad that most, even some for who this was a difficult move, politically, did the right thing.

My parents have just become certified to be wedding officiants, and, like me, they believe in marriage equality and the right to marry the person you love. If anyone who has been married in other states was touched or impressed by something their officiant did (or was very unhappy with something he or she did, or didn't do), and doesn't mind sharing, please PM me, and I will pass it on to my parents.

For all those still waiting in other states, I hope your day will come soon.

mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
Ruggerpooh
Earning My Ears

My partner and I are having our escape ceremony in Epcot in two months! The day after we come home from our honeymoon is election day. We could potentially be the first state to vote for same sex marriage. Fingers crossed Maryland. Vote yes on 6!
Ruggerpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggerpooh View Post
My partner and I are having our escape ceremony in Epcot in two months! The day after we come home from our honeymoon is election day. We could potentially be the first state to vote for same sex marriage. Fingers crossed Maryland. Vote yes on 6!
Crossing my fingers for Maryland, and voting yes on referendum 74 in Washington

mellers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: