Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
dara00
DIS Veteran

"It's a Small Town" and "Slow Pass" - 3 days in Disney 1/2012

Hello and welcome to my very first trip report! We just got back from Disney this past Sunday. We were in Florida from 1/15-1/22 and our Disney days were 1/16, 1/17, and 1/20, plus Downtown Disney on the last day of the trip!

As for who we are...(copied from my pre trip report!)

My name is Dara, I'm 33 yrs old, and looove Disney, though I have not been there nearly enough times in my life as of yet! My husband and I went together to Disney when we were in college (spring break!) and did such things as wander into Chef Mickey's not even knowing it was a character meal and riding in the front of the monorail and receiving Mickey Mouse licenses...totally unplanned, unappreciated at the time Disney Magic.

This is me in 3/07 with my then almost 2 yr old dd (now 6) and my now 4 yr old ds in my belly!

My husband is Dave, not as much into Disney as I am, but enough into it that he fits in small trips for us here and there.

Here we are with Chip and Dale in 12/07 with our then 2.5 yr old dd and our then 6 mos old ds - who came down with bronchiolitis while we were there and did not quite enjoy the magic!

My 6 yr old is Gabbie. She's in 1st grade and loves the princesses, Jessie from Toy Story, Minnie, Mary Poppins, etc. etc. She is very excited to go back and this time collect signatures from characters. Though she thinks if she doesn't meet a character she will just write his/her name for him/her!

Here she is at age 4 with her then almost 2 yr old brother meeting Cinderella. She had made pictures for the princesses (and pooh) and passed them out as we met them.

My 4 yr old is Zachary. He's very into Toy Story and watches all 3 movies over and over. He loves Cars as well and sleeps with a stuffed Sorcerer Mickey (and now a stuffed Woody as well). He may just be tall enough to ride Splash Mountain and thinks he wants to try it!

Here he is when he was 2, meeting Tigger. He just loved the characters even when he was 6 mos and sick, and I think this trip should be awesome for him character wise!

Finally, we have Simon, who is 17 months old - the same age my dd was on her first trip to DLR! He's most likely going to be dragged along and made to go along with everything we do, but as long as he is not scared of the characters, hopefully he'll get some time with them as well! Simon loves animals, books, balls, cars and trains, and his big brother and sister!

Here is the little guy!

Hope you'll join me in reliving our trip!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 01-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
dara00
DIS Veteran

Introduction post #1 is above!
Trip Background

Sunday Jan. 15:
Is It Time Yet?

Day 1, Monday Jan. 16:
Let The Memories Begin
It's My Favorite Color! (Vidia the Fairy)
A Staring Contest With Tinkerbell
On A Magic Carpet Ride
A Great Collection
Small Town
Move, Shake, Celebrate
Dociousaliexpilisticfragicalirepus
The Big Hill, The Funny Ghosts, and Pirates
What Time is the 3:00 Parade?
Fantasyland and A Flashback
I Have a Laser and I Will Use It (and What is Slow Pass?)
The End of Day 1

Day 2, Tuesday Jan. 17:
The Characters Ride the Train Once Per Morning
Rapunzel and the Fairy Godmother
2 Rides and How We Became Pin Traders
Meeting Alice and The White Rabbit
Riding the Train
Dream Along With Mickey
Meeting Snow White and the Mouses
Photos with Princesses
The Rest of Day 2

Side Trip to Tampa:
Day 1 in Tampa (Jan. 18)
Day 2 in Tampa (Jan. 19)

Day 3, Friday Jan. 20:
Toy Story Mania
Lightning and Pirates and a Mermaid
Zachary and Simon have Magical Meetups
Muppets and Rockin!
He IS Real!
The Great Movie Ride
Pixar Pals

Saturday Jan. 21:
Pictures from Birthday Party

Sunday Jan. 22:
Downtown Disney Part 1
Downtown Disney Part 2a
Downtown Disney Part 2b

Summary:
Photopass Photos
Wrap Up Post
Then and Now Photos

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Last edited by dara00; 04-24-2012 at 03:18 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

I'm here !!

Looking forward to your report and pics ! Your kids are all so cute and I love seeing little ones experiencing the Disney Magic !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 01-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
I'm here !!

Looking forward to your report and pics ! Your kids are all so cute and I love seeing little ones experiencing the Disney Magic !

Thank you! I was beginning to think no one would follow along, and what fun would that be?

Old 01-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I found you! Can't wait to hear how it all went!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I found you! Can't wait to hear how it all went!
yay! thanks for joining!

Old 01-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
dara00
DIS Veteran

background of the trip

I found out we were going to Disney approximately a month out from our trip date. My husband travels a lot for work and one of his offices is in Tampa FL. So he decided to take us along this time. Yay!

I started my research with a plan of doing one day at the Magic Kingdom. I had a plan that included many character greetings, a few rides, a bunch of parades, and basically all the Disney magic I could fit into one day.

But I started feeling like one day just wasn't enough. I told my husband I wanted to come back to Disney for a longer time in June. He said "why don't you just stay another day with the kids?" in Orlando, instead of coming to Tampa after that 1st day.

I thought about it and couldn't decide if I could handle 3 kids in Disney by myself, but decided I wanted to do it. I would do a second day in the MK so if we missed anything on day 1 or just wanted to do something again we could do it on day 2. This would also relieve some of the pressure for day 1, knowing we'd be back.

So I told my husband the plan...and he didn't think it was a good idea. Yeah, it was his idea in the first place, but he was worried, and logistically it was an issue getting him to Tampa while I kept our rented car in Orlando. So I moped.

And then...I discovered a way to get discounted tickets. My husband looked at the prices and decided it was worth it and I should go ahead with my 1 more Disney day. So I bought 3 3-day passes and 1 2-day pass (2 days at the MK for us, one for him, plus one day at DHS for everyone). This changed our first morning plans because we had to pick up the tickets near Universal at 8 AM, and most likely wouldn't make rope drop, but it was ok since we'd be back for day 2!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: