Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Who will be at the Poly in August 2012?

This thread is for those of us who are really excited about staying at the Polynesian Resort in August, 2012. We can use this thread to share our dates and our plans, and maybe stage a little "Aloha meet" at the pool or the Tambu Lounge to enjoy some drinks and to share our love of the Poly!

I will keep a running total, in order of arrival, in post #2.

ALOHA!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Who will be there when:

lala3291: 8/1-8/6
BethA: 8/2-8/6
iloveeeyore, MainStreetFireman, Inspire&Imagine: 8/4-8/11
jedi jen: 8/4-8/13
pawla68: 8/4-8/11
StacyMarie: 8/4-8/11
ChrisParker: 8/5-8/12
disneydreamin247: 8/5-8/17
jennyf2: 8/5-8/7
MCDomzal, fightinillini229: 8/5-8/11
mansionmama: 8/6-8/10
kinggoofy: 8/12-8/25
njmom76: 8/18-8/21
cruisindisney2007: 8/19-8/23
Skjhjb: 8/19-8/23
RK13: 8/19-8/27
Stitch'sCousin: 8/19-8/28
crostorfer: 8/25-9/1
TeamTilson: 8/26-8/30
Missus Toad: 8/26-8/31
PoohsFan1: 8/27-8/31
dwazdip: 8:27-9/2
IWISHFORDISNEY: 8/31-9/4
mommys3: 8/31-9/1
PrincessShanShan: 8/31-9/2

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR

Last edited by iloveeeyore; 07-27-2012 at 02:38 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

We will be there the 7th-16th!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
MCDomzal
Dreaming of my "happy place!"

Hi guys! Saw your conversation and followed you over here from the Poly thread. We will be there 8/5 - 8/11. This is our second stay at the Poly and I can't wait!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

So far we all overlap!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #6
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

I hope the Tambu Lounge is well stocked with pineapples!!

Old 01-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
MCDomzal

Digging out today. Is it August yet?

Looks like it's headed to New York. Sorry guys!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
MCDomzal

Hey, iloveeeyore, I just clicked on your link to read your 2010 trip report and realized that we were at the Poly together then, too! Small world!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #9
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCDomzal View Post
Hey, iloveeeyore, I just clicked on your link to read your 2010 trip report and realized that we were at the Poly together then, too! Small world!
It is a small world!! That week was the very hottest I have ever been in my life, but it was the BEST trip! Can't wait to make more magical memories, but wishing for just a few degrees cooler this year! What longhouse were you in? Any special requests this year? We booked GV again and are hoping for the same view in Samoa.

BTW, your screen name seems very familiar. Were you on the Poly FAQ thread at that time?

Old 01-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #10
StacyMarie
DIS Veteran

This is our first time going in the beginning of August. How are the crowds? We usually wait until the last week of August/first week of September to go but that was a no go this year. My daughter is a senior and she said we can't go that week because "she doesn't want to miss anything school related." She usually misses the first home football game.

I hope the crowds are manageable. We love Tokelau because of its central proximity to the bus stop, laundry, etc. and also because it is right by the quiet pool. The volcano pool is always SO crowded. I requested the same building this year so hopefully we will get it.

I was thinking there would be more people jumping on the August 2012 bandwagon here. Where is everybody?

Stacy Jay Natalee Sydnee
Disney's Pop Century August 2012 August 2011 Pop Century Disney's Polynesian August 2010 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort August 2009 Grand Floridian - October 1997
StacyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

iloveeeyore The LSSSG was something we came up with last year pertaining to scooping out the rum laden pineapple guts of a certain beloved dink served in a pineapple using a spork.

MCDomzal It has pretty much stopped for now. Of course we have Disney on Ice tickets for tonight and I don't know if we're going to go now. I hate to bring the youngest one out in inclemant weather.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #12
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyMarie View Post
This is our first time going in the beginning of August. How are the crowds? We usually wait until the last week of August/first week of September to go but that was a no go this year. My daughter is a senior and she said we can't go that week because "she doesn't want to miss anything school related." She usually misses the first home football game.

I hope the crowds are manageable. We love Tokelau because of its central proximity to the bus stop, laundry, etc. and also because it is right by the quiet pool. The volcano pool is always SO crowded. I requested the same building this year so hopefully we will get it.

I was thinking there would be more people jumping on the August 2012 bandwagon here. Where is everybody?
We have been to WDW both beginning and end of August. In our experience, the beginning is much more crowded. There are many tour groups, mostly teenagers from Brazil, especially during the first few days of August. Watch out for groups in brightly colored matching shirts, and avoid getting behind their tour guides on FP distribution lines. Seriously, they take like 5-10 minutes collecting about 100 FPs at a time! We had a big problem for Soarin' in 2010, it threw us off our touring plan! Luckily, we learned our lesson and DH avoided one at DHS later in the week. The rule of thumb is be ready for rope drop, do the headliners early, use FPs, and get the heck out of the parks by mid-day. It is way too hot and crowded to enjoy the parks in the middle of the day. You can return for fireworks and/or parades later.

The volcano pool was absolutely wall-to-wall people the last time we were there in the beginning of Aug., almost to the point where we couldn't enjoy it. I understand that they are distributing wrist bands to Poly guests during high-volume times now, so hopefully they keep doing that, and it will correct the situation.

As for all the Poly in August people, they are reading, but not posting just yet. Maybe they're shy, or undecided. Come on out folks, we want to meet you!

Old 01-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #13
MCDomzal

iloveeyore, yes I was on the boards at that time and I remember you, too. I also remember the night that the parade was cancelled at MK because I was one of the stupid people that left after they announced it was cancelled. What a madhouse! And I remember the epic storm and the monorail being shut down. We sat on our balcony and watched the ducks literally swimming down the walkway in front of our room.

Stacymarie, even the people who live in Orlando were complaining about the heat in Aug 2010. I think we were setting records. So, hopefully, it won't be as bad this year. That said, like iloveeyore, we still had a fabulous, though sweaty, time.

We stayed in Tokelau and will be requesting it again. I love its closeness to everything. I might request first floor. It would be nice to not have to deal with stairs or elevators. I'm always a little worried about noise on the first floor, though.

Hey, I think all 3 of us will have 18 year old daughters on this trip.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #14
jennyf2
DIS Veteran

Talking

Count us in for a few days We will be @ the Poly CL GV Aug 5 & 6th then off to the ASSports for 8 days

Now living 10 minutes from DISNEY
jennyf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #15
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

I am!!! I am!!!

August 25th-September 1st. We're staying CL for the first time. I got my IPO e-mail today. I was so excited, it said "Aloha, Rostorfer 'Ohana". I squeeeeed a little bit, LOL!

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: