Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

November 2012- F&W, MVMCP & Smelling the Roses

And so it beginsÖour first NOVEMBER visit to WDW! So happy to start the next chapter in our Disney adventure.

WHEN: November 8-17, 2012
WHERE: Bay Lake Tower, 2 Bedroom Lockout, Lakeview
HOW: Park hoppers, fly and rental car

WHO: Me, DH, DS, my parents

CAST:
Here is a little more detail about our cast.
Me: Michelle, 38, Disney obsessed, picky eater, fast walker, hates crowds, ex cast member, full time marketing professional.
Favorite ride: Tower of Terror
Favorite character: Tinkerbell

DH: Alan, 40, along for the ride, early riser, financial real estate (REIT) professional, likes working out and eating healthy, dreads crowds and lines, slowly becoming a Disney expert himself!
Favorite ride: Peter Pan
Favorite character:??

DS: Will, 4, just turned four day before Halloween, this is his 4th trip to WDW. Heís a happy, easy going kid and very well behaved. Eats anything, hates waiting for anything, loves thrills.
Favorite ride: Haunted Mansion (heís obsessed with it)
Favorite character: Pooh Bear

Mom: 60 something (no need to be specific!), mother of three grown daughters, married almost 40 years, retired day care director. Loves shopping and spending time with grandkids (4 and one on the way). Sheís the ďbossĒ of the family! Sheís visually impaired.
Favorite ride: ??
Favorite character: Minnie Mouse

Dad: 60 something (again, no need to be specific right?), dad of three daughters (God bless him!), retired this past April from the City Traffic division, electrician, handyman, very laid back, goes with the flow, quiet guy. Enjoys fixing up the house and spending time with grandkids. Diabetic.
Favorite ride: Test Track

Favorite character: ??

So I have some research to do on their favorite rides and characters!

BACKGROUND:
Weíve been so blessed to enjoy many trips to my happiest place on earth and were just recently lucky enough to purchase DVC in Feb 2010. This will be our third trip as DVC members. Our first DVC trip was December 2010 (with my MIL and niece), followed by this past October 2011 (just the three of us).
Now for November 2012, we are happy to be able to invite my parents along for the ride.

MY PARENTS:

My parents have graciously taken us on many trips, first as kids in the early 80s, when my obsession with WDW began. I still vividly remember reading Birnbaumís guide and getting so excited. Even then, as a kid, I was already a planner at heart. We stayed in Fort Wilderness in our pop up camper at least twice in the 80s as kids. My parents more recently treated all of us, including my two sisters and their families to 10 days at the Wilderness Lodge in December 2009. This was my sonís first trip (2yo) and also when we did our DVC tour and bought a few months later. So inviting my parents along only made sense. They love the parks and the least we could do is invite them to experience our home resort, Bay Lake Tower. My parents are some of the most considerate and giving people I know. They scarified a lot for us growing up so that we could play sports, buy a dress for the dance and have family vacations.

WHAT'S DIFFERENT THIS TRIP?

Well this is our first time going in November. We loved October so much, we thought we would try November to catch the end of Food & Wine and also MVMCP and some Christmas dťcor. My mom loves the Christmas stuff, as do I.

Secondly, we will be utilizing a wheelchair and/or scooter for all or parts of the trip. Mom has spent the last few years adjusting to life after brain surgery. She had a benign growth on her pituitary gland that was removed twice through surgery, first through the sinuses, then more recently through actual brain surgery. The tumor, while benign was pressing on her optic nerve, causing vision loss. We hoped the surgery would help the vision, but she hasnít regained any really. We donít know what the future holds and if she might lose more vision or not. Another reason why I canít wait to enjoy this trip with her! The loss of her pituitary gland also means lots of hormone replacement type drugs, which have many side effects, leaving her often tired. She canít drive a scooter since she canít see great, so a wheelchair is the option for her. Although at Disney, people run over you anyways, so maybe a scooter would be fun? LOL She does have a white cane and went through training on how to maneuver as someone legally blind. The cane is helpful for feeling for curbs, as changes in walkways; ramps etc. are hard, since her perception is off. Plus it is helpful in cluing in others around her that she canít see well. Although I have noticed many people donít care and will still just run into her or walk in front of her and cut her off. She still has vision- she can read menus if she looks very close, literally right up on top of it. Same with signing her name, she is right on top of it. But seeing stuff far away is tough, and her peripheral vision is totally gone. So someone walking up from behind her, or coming from behind fast with a stroller, well she canít see them. If a waiter tries to set a plate down from behind, she canít see him until it is right in front of her. She explains it as looking through a tube basically, like a paper towel roll, she can only see directly in front of her and then, not good at all. Only one eye has some vision that is useful. She hasnít been able to drive for years, which is the hardest thing on her. So we will encourage her to use a wheelchair for the majority of the trip. I am going to look at alternatives for this- weíve rented in park before, but maybe having a rental from off site would be good, so we can use it for the entire trip.

Third, my dad is not in perfect health either. He just found out he is diabetic in the last few years and while he is a healthy eater and in good shape, that has taken its toll. He checks his sugar often. He also fights gout and can rarely eat red meat. Between the gout and diabetes, he also has some horrible foot pain, which could mean we encourage him to rent a scooter. Some days the pain can be really bad for him, especially walking a lot. I know he will fight us on using a scooter, since he doesnít want to, but I am going to push hard, because I donít want him to be in pain. I want him to be able to enjoy this trip. I know using a scooter will make life a whole lot easier for him.

Fourth- so in using a wheelchair and scooter, that means Alan or I will be pushing mom most of the time. We also still take a stroller for William. However, if we do rent a wheelchair and scooter, we might consider leaving the stroller at home. Will could always ride in his Papaís lap on the scooter when tired. Heíll be almost 5 when we go and while he does complain about walking sometimes, I figured maybe we can think about leaving the stroller. Something for us to think about. So having a wheelchair and/or scooter will definitely force us to slow down. That isnít a bad thing. We actually slowed down some this last trip. Because weíve been fortunate enough to go so many times, weíve seen a lot and donít feel the need to rush around as much anymore. Some of my favorite trip moments are stopping and taking in the little details or things that werenít planned. So going slow allows us to do more of that.

Lastly- the week we are going in sort of a strange one. It is the week before Thanksgiving. Typically not high crowds. However, that first weekend we arrive is a busy one. There is a lot going on:
  • Last weekend of the Food & Wine Festival
  • Festival of the Masters (art show) at Downtown Disney
  • Wine and Dine Half Marathon at Epcot (recently moved to this weekend)
  • End of Jersey week
  • Veterans Day on 11/11

So thatís our crew and background. Stay tuned for some initial plans. We are under 300 days out!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
exwdwcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
exwdwcm

Saved for Table of Contents

84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
meredy338
Mouseketeer

Really?!? I get to be first!!!

Looking forward to reading along!

May 2012 BLT 2BR Lake View
Dec 2010 BWV/BLT
May 2010, AKV-Kidani (First DVC trip, Completed Four parks, ONE day challenge)
December 2009, FW Cabins (First Christmas season)
May 2009, CSR, CBR, and Melbourne Beach (MONSOON week)
May 2006, POP (First on-property)
meredy338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I'm here & ready to read about your plans!! Hopefully you enjoy November. Kind of funny how we are flip flopping this year with you going in November and us going in October! At least we will then be able to compare experiences!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredy338 View Post
Really?!? I get to be first!!!

Looking forward to reading along!
Welcome and first no less. I wish I had a prize or something, but a smiley will have to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I'm here & ready to read about your plans!! Hopefully you enjoy November. Kind of funny how we are flip flopping this year with you going in November and us going in October! At least we will then be able to compare experiences!
Hey there, yes, hoping November is great. Yes, very funny how we are doing it this year. We did really love October too- I definitely want to go back in October again, heck, maybe 2013!!

Old 01-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
exwdwcm

WHAT's DONE
Well we are so far out, 295 days to be exact, so not much is done yet. We are confirmed and booked through DVC for November 9-17th at BLT in a 2 bedroom.

NEXT TO DO's
  • Find a decent airfare! Prices are just crazy right now, so I'll be stalking the web for anything under $300 direct. We prefer flying AA, but it's pricey. Right now rates are like $450 RT! OUCH! No way!
  • Decide on tickets- we will most likely buy park hoppers. Our APs just expired in December. Given we will be trying for baby #2 right after this trip, I don't want to commit to AP's, since not sure what 2013 will hold for us! We will probably do 9 day hoppers.
  • Add a night for the 8th at POP. Ideally I'd like to fly in on Thursday evening, 11/8. DH can work a half day that am. This allows us to have a full day Friday, which is important to tackle F&W on Friday morning. We've never stayed at a value before and I hear such great things about POP. I'd love to experience it, if only for a night.
  • SAVE SAVE SAVE!

So a few questions, things I need advice on:
  1. Should we rent a wheelchair and/or scooter from an off site company and have it delivered to BLT and use during our entire stay?
  2. If we have a scooter for my dad, should we bring our stroller still for William? He will have just turned 5. He does tire easily with all that walking and we do criss cross the park often, although with my parents, we will probably do that less. Is it silly to have the stroller? I would be pushing mom and DH would be pushing stroller and dad would be in the scooter/ECV. Should we bring the stroller in case, but not plan to use it much?
  3. Groceries- I hate wasting time on a grocery stop- I've used Garden Grocer many times and loved them, but have considered using a smaller business like Personal Disney Shopper, anyone used them?
  4. I'd like to do something special upon arrival for DS for his bday- a gift basket or something maybe from Disney Florist. Have you used them or another gift company before? We've done our own gifts before, but I'd like to do something official this time that is delivered.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #7
exwdwcm

Good morning all. My poor measley PTR hasn't done so hot. Work has been so swamped, I haven't had the time to spend on it. But my big work event for the year is over and now hopefully I'll have more time.

We host an annual user conference at work and it was in Las Vegas at the ARIA this year. We spend all year preparing to host 1200 customers for 3 days of educational sessions, receptions, luncheons, training and more. So I've been up to my nose in creating the program, handbooks, presentations, organizing training, surveys, email campaigns etc. It's been a nightmare. But my 5 nights/6 days in Vegas are done- i just returned home on Wednesday afternoon. and can take a breath now.

Here are some fun pics from our event, mostly from our big party Monday night where the theme was red carpet celebrity- dress like a celebrity or character. Some of my coworkers and I dressed as Sookie Stackhouse- True Blood- waitresses. Enjoy the pics!
[img]
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/487189_10150968728913002_540971044_n.jpg[/img]

Old 07-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #8
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Whew, sounds like you have been busy! The pics are great though...looks like a lot of fun!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #9
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

Looks like the party was a big success. You must be happy it is over though. Love the pictures, those are some great costumes!

Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT, June/July 2013-Fort Wildernesss campground/VWL, June/July 2014-POP Century/Fort Wilderness Campground/POR-Royal Room
WDWCP96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Whew, sounds like you have been busy! The pics are great though...looks like a lot of fun!
yes, so busy, so ready for a break and things to slow down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCP96 View Post
Looks like the party was a big success. You must be happy it is over though. Love the pictures, those are some great costumes!
party was a lot of fun, but yes, so glad it is over!!

Old 08-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #11
exwdwcm

UPDATES

Yeah, so finally able to focus on my trip planning some. So what have I done lately? Well a lot!

We have our countdown calendar now. We are at 97 days today! Each day, William gets to put a sticker on the day!! He loves doing this and I think it helps him understand a little bit more how far off the trip is.

I also ordered a couple of custom t-shirts for William. I usually do one for his birthday and since we are there the week after his birthday, he will wear it. I also found this adorable mickey tie shirt!

And here is our coin jar- it was a cute big plastic container that was an "easter basket" I found at WalGreen's years ago. It is a bank though (had Easter stuff inside). So we put all our spare change in here for William's spending money!

This weekend Mom and I are meeting to review our plans and get our wheelchair ordered, stroller booked (Magic Strollers), plan our gardengrocer order etc.

I have now requested my TA discounted ticket, I just have to go pick it up and pay for it on site though. We are still waiting on WISHES Dessert party dates to open up and Be Our Guest news for a possible ADR on MVMCP night. I plan to do a disney florist order as well, so I'll call on that about 6 weeks out or so.

And......we booked our flights! We did end up on Southwest. I didn't see anything else coming down at all. And we aren't in a huge rush to get there, since we aren't doing a park arrival day. Alan will not be able to join us on Thursday because he started his new job and can't ask off the additional days. He will be flying in on Friday after work instead. I've booked ME for him to use to get to BLT. His flight leaves Dallas on Friday at like 6pm and arrives at 11pm (connection).

Our SW flight fortunately there and back has a stop but NO plane change. So that works for us. I am actually excited about the possibility of bringing more luggage and not worrying about cramming it all in to fit and minimize bags. With free bags, you don't have to! Mom and Dad will get to board first due to her disability. But I did pay for the early/priority boarding for Will and I there and then for Will, DH and I back.

here's our flights:
Thursday, 11/8
Leave Dallas at 8:40am, arrive at 1:05pm (stop in New Orleans, no plane change)

Departure:
Saturday, 11/17
Leave MCO at 4:30pm, arrive home in Dallas at 7:25pm (stop in New Orleans, no plane change)

Pretty happy with the times. We could have done with a little later on the departure, but that's okay. We still have time for breakfast and a little park time before heading to the airport. Our last few trips, we've gone home on Saturday so that we have Sunday to catch up on laundry and relax a little before heading back to work. The good news is, we will head back to work for only 3 days, as it is thanksgiving that next week! We got these flights for like $350 each. Still high, but i wasn't willing to keep waiting and getting nervous flying AA with their prices, strikes and issues.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

Oh with your later departure flight we should definitely be able to meet up. I haven't booked our flights yet but we will be staying at AKV on Friday and checking in at BLT on Saturday so even if we meet for a short time on before you board ME, it would be great to meet up.

Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT, June/July 2013-Fort Wildernesss campground/VWL, June/July 2014-POP Century/Fort Wilderness Campground/POR-Royal Room
WDWCP96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #13
vleeth
I heart Disney

subscribing!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #14
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCP96 View Post
Oh with your later departure flight we should definitely be able to meet up. I haven't booked our flights yet but we will be staying at AKV on Friday and checking in at BLT on Saturday so even if we meet for a short time on before you board ME, it would be great to meet up.
GREAT! We will have a rental car and plan to do MK that morning. We have a 10:20am ADR at CP that morning. We will leave BLT about 2pm for our flight or so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
subscribing!
Thank you and welcome!

Old 08-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #15
exwdwcm

Big whoopsÖÖÖ..I spent time today fine-tuning my plans and realized I had booked our Crystal Palace breakfast for the wrong day. Oops. It was one of the cherished pre opening ADRs at 8am for a 9am MK opening. I booked it for Sunday instead of Saturday. Oh no! Of course nothing was available. I was able to switch it with our last day breakfast at Oíhana instead. Now I have Oíhana at 7:30am (ouch) on Saturday and then we will monorail/boat over to MK for that morning.

Then we booked CP for our last day at 10:20am. I originally had a 10:45am Oíhana. This is fine as we plan to do MK that last morning before leaving at 2pm to catch our flight home. So it works out okay. I almost had a slight heart attack though.

So now that Iíve spent some time tweaking our plans, I can start sharing our day to day plans!

PRE-TRAVEL
I will work the day before and I am known to be a little OCD, so Iíll be pretty much packed for weeks before. Since DH is coming a day later, Iíll pack him a separate large suitcase. I am looking forward to the free bags with SW! Last year, we crammed it all into one checked bag on the way down and two on the way home (bought too many souvies!). This time we will check at least two big bags and probably one for my son as well. We have room to spread out in our two bedroom and will use RAC for the trip back home, so we only have to worry about taking our bags there.

So Iíll work the Wednesday before and hopefully knock off a little early. I might meet the parents for a pre-trip meal, it is sort of a tradition for us. I remember before our big 14 person family trip in 2009, we had a wonderful time all excited and talking about what the next week held for us. So we will probably meet up with my parents the night before for a quick bite.

I planned to find a towncar service to drop the parents and I at the airport. I hate parking a car at the airport. We are gone for 10 days, 9 nights, so the costs add up. DH canít drop us since our flight is so early. Two trips ago, we used a towncar service (actually was a SUV) and it was heavenly. Picked us up at home, loaded our bags, dropped us at the gate. Well worth the $100 I think it cost each way. We live about 20 minutes from the airport with no traffic.

I inquired with friends this week about a car service and a neighbor told me they have a handyman that works in our neighborhood and does airport drops for $50 each way. So I have his number and if he can accommodate our party of five (for the return, four for the going) and all our stuff, then Iíll use him and save some cash. Otherwise we will book a car service. Itís a splurge this trip!

My parents live about 20-25 minutes north of us. So I think I will just have them drive over to my house and do the pickup from my house (cheaper that way). That means they will have to be up at the crack of dawn, but I know they will be excited.

Here is what we traveled down with last year for 9 days. We only checked the big bag and carried the rest. This time we will do two big bags!!!

So here is our travel day plan!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

By 6am parents arrive at my house
6:15am depart home, car service
7:00am arrive Love Field airport- Dallas
8:10am flight boards- we paid for preferred seating.
8:40am flight leaves Dallas
1:05pm flight arrives MCO, bags and rental car
2pm head to POP, check in
2:30pm eat, swim and explore
5pm check out AoA resort
6:30pm head to DTD to shop
7:30pm dinner at Earle

Hopefully we will have an uneventful flight. We do stop in New Orleans, but no plane change or anything. I picked this flight specifically for that, so it is easier on Mom- not having to get up and get off and all that.
I will have a backpack of goodies for my son to keep him entertained on the plane, but most likely he will play the iPad, DS or my iPhone the whole time. He loves doing workbooks too, so I have several new ones, coloring book ,crayons, earphones, snacks and more.

While I have a 10 day hopper WPM ticket (Travel Agent discounted), my family all has 9 day hoppers. So I didnít plan to do a park our arrival day. We are staying at POP that night, as we hadnít planned coming in this early originally. Somehow we always end up adding a day to our trip! I didnít want to use points to add a day, so we booked at POP. I used a TA rate for my room and they got their own room. They snore and snoring drives me crazy (anyone!), so we figured Will and I will have our own room and everyone will be comfortable.

The plan is to get our bags at MCO and then the rental car. Hoping a minivan with National Emerald Aisle so that we avoid waiting in a line. I am waiting until closer to the trip to book. I will check out Alamo too, but we usually end up at National for the walk out convenience (no counter or line). We just head out to first floor of the garage, get in the car and go. I am figuring we will arrive at POP probably close to 2pm or 2:30pm. We will do online checkin and hopefully get checked in quickly. I thought about stopping at a Disney outlet store on 535 if we are feeling up to it on the way in.

Iíve arranged for a wheelchair rental for mom for the entire trip through Apple Scooter. It was $90 for a week. Not too bad! Disney charges like $12 a day and other off sites were pretty pricey. They will deliver earlier that day so the wheelchair should be waiting for us. This is one reason we are renting a mini van or SUV, to have room for the stroller and the wheelchair too, plus it is easier for mom to get in and out of.
The stroller deliver should occur this day too. I havenít booked it yet, but will be renting from Magic Strollers off site.

We will head to the food court and eat a late lunch. If our room is ready, we will relax a bit and probably explore and take William to swim for a bit. After that, Iíd like to check out Art of Animation resort. It is right next door, so we will drive over and just explore the new resort and take some pics. I wasnít able to get us rooms there at the TA rate- sold out!

After that, we will head to DTD, but I might make a pit stop first at the MK to purchase my TA discounted ticket. I have to pick it up and pay for it in person and show my TA ID. Iíve already ordered it and have a will call number. I canít pick up at DTD or TTC, only the park gate. I hate doing it in the morning right before entering a park, as I am always in a rush and donít want to be stuck waiting in a guest relations line in the am when it is busy. So maybe we will park at the GF or Poly and ride the monorail around and do the quick at the MK for me to get my ticket. If the family isnít feeling up for that, I can always leave them at the hotel while I run to do this too and let them rest/nap.

From there we will head to Downtown Disney for the evening. Mom and I LOVE to shop! DH hates it. My dad puts up with it. So with DH not there, I donít have to worry about him getting impatient! If Dad is tired, he will plop down at a table somewhere and just relax and play on his phone while he waits on us. If William gets tired, Iíll just bring him in his stroller and Dad would watch him for us while they both play on the phone/iPad or something while we shop. I canít wait to the hit the Christmas store and buy a few ornaments and I love the kitchen/tea store next to Earle of Sandwich. Of course we will hit World of Disney, Once Upon a Toy and Trend-D. Gotta look at some Dooneys! I might buy the iPad Dooney case this trip or another bag. Mom too.

We will do dinner at one of our favorite quick service places- Earle of Sandwich. I love just eating out on the patio and people watching. With it being our arrival day, it is fun to see all the families walking through that might be on their last day and know we have a whole week to look forward to!

We will probably grab a dessert/snack at Goofyís Candy Company or babycakes afterwards.

I imagine we will spend at least 2-3 hours at DTD. If Dad gets too tired, we can always have him take the bus back. The good news is that although parking is a beast at DTD, we will have momís handicap placard to use and park handicap the entire trip. We will have Momís wheelchair with us everywhere. She might not use it the entire time and will want to get up and stretch her legs for periods of time. Dad with his bad feet (nerve pain/diabetes) can always take a turn in there if he wants too. He has started walking twice a day though at home to build up his endurance! Mom has also been dropping some weight too- so they should be in great shape! If we are done shopping after dinner, we will just head back to the hotel, unless we just want to do something else. I thought about the Chip and Dale campfire at FTW, but depending on how long we shop, it might not be feasible. We can just turn in early for once or enjoy a dessert or drink at the hotel or go for a night swim.

We will have an early day the next day, so getting some shut eye isnít a bad idea. J Tomorrow we will be transferring to our home for the next 8 nights, Bay Lake Tower in a 2 bedroom lake view room.

Thatís it for arrival day. Nothing too exciting, but still a good start. We wonít have our garden grocer delivery until the next day at BLT since the fridges at POP are so small.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: