Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Snacks, Sips & Spooks in October 2012... and a Mexican Fantasy cruise in June 2013!

Snacks, Sips & Spooks in October 2012… and a Mexican Fantasy cruise in June 2013... and also a family trip in August 2012 too!

Pre Trip Reports for October 2012 and June 2013

Hi everyone – this is my pre-trip report for our upcoming trips in 2012 and beyond!

Who

Me – Emma, 27.. lifelong fan of all things Disney! I’ve been lucky enough to visit Walt Disney World 12 times so far and went on my first ever Disney cruise this summer as part of our honeymoon (link in signature if you are interested in reading about it).

My wonderful husband – Steve, 27, not quite as much of a Disney fan as I am , but he loves the parks and many of the movies.

When

As the title suggests, I’m currently plan not one, but two future trips to WDW!

The first will be in October 2012.. we’ve booked seven nights at the Boardwalk Villas (our DVC home resort) on October 7th.

We’d visited WDW in October 2008 and agreed it was one of our favourite times to go … this time we’re hoping to try out more of the Epcot Food & Wine Festival

(In 2008.. Canada pavilion – with the famous cheddar cheese soup!)

And attend Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party!

As this trip is still many months away, I don’t have a lot planned out yet.. but as we start to think about ADRs and other activities I’ll be sure to post about them.
After WDW, we’re also hoping to spend a few days on the west coast of Florida with my parents at their house.

Then.. our second trip is booked for June 2013… we are going on a seven-night Western Caribbean cruise onboard the Disney Fantasy ship!

We will probably spend a few days either side of this at WDW – but again this trip is far, far away and all I can really do is read about our ports of call & watch the progress of the Fantasy ship as it is built..

Disney Fantasy - construction.. webcam

We agreed very early on during our 5-night cruise on the Dream that we wanted to go on another one! 7 nights should be a good length, and we’ll get to visit places we’ve never been before. It will also be our two year wedding anniversary too.

The cruise itinerary is:

June 22nd – Port Canaveral
June 23rd – at sea
June 24th – Grand Cayman
June 25th – Costa Maya
June 26th – Cozumel
June 27th – at sea
June 28th – Castaway Cay
June 29th – Port Canaveral

We’re very excited to visit Castaway Cay again – it was paradise there last June. We’d definitely like to eat at Remy and Palo, and probably book a spa villa one day too – it was so relaxing and luxurious!

That’s about it for now – as the trips get closer I’m sure I’ll have much more to share & discuss!

Emma x

Last edited by disneybarbie; 01-03-2012 at 04:24 PM.
disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Subbing!

Sept 29-Oct 10, 2012 POR, Jan 6-15th, 2014 POR, Oct 2-6th, 2014 BCV, October 6-10th, 2014 DCL Wonder
*Heather & Melissa's Epic Adventure PTR October 2014*
*395 days of planning all lead up to this! Sept/Oct 2012*
HeatherLassell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

I'm in
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Here I am!

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
PopArtGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #5
Dream426
Love Disney!!

YAY!!! I am joining in.

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Dream426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

Yay! Can't wait to read more! I'm so excited. You did such a great job on the first TR that I can't wait to read the ones coming up. I know it seems so far away, but it'll be here before you know it! Yay! Can't wait to read more!

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Self_resqing_princz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Just read through your entire Disneymoon report and I was hooked! I can't wait to hear more about your upcoming plans!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
disbeachprincess
Earning My Ears

Yay, can't believe I guessed it! I didn't realize Barbie had those legwarmers - those ones you found are PERFECT! I thought it could have been Buttercup just based on the colors.
disbeachprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #9
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Nice costume! For some reason, I thought that knitted thing was a shirt, so that's why I couldn't find anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Congratulations on passing your accounting exam! That is such a huge accomplishment!

What a cute idea for MNSSHP! I never would have guessed that - I love that it's such a unique idea! I can't wait to see how your costume turns out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Barbie is perfect! What a creative idea-- that'll be a lot of fun!! Make sure you get pictures with all the TS characters you can find!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Great costume! And agreed, take pictures with the Toy Story characters!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disbeachprincess View Post
Yay, can't believe I guessed it! I didn't realize Barbie had those legwarmers - those ones you found are PERFECT! I thought it could have been Buttercup just based on the colors.
Thanks everyone! I'm having fun putting the costume together (I already have most of it.. I can't even buy MNSSHP tickets yet, but I know what I'm wearing )

That's a great idea about having photos with the Toy Story characters, I will have to keep an eye out for them. I'm hoping to see some of the more unusual characters at the party too - like Dr Facilier and Frollo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Just read through your entire Disneymoon report and I was hooked! I can't wait to hear more about your upcoming plans!
Hi! Thank you for reading my last TR and joining in here

As a little treat to myself for passing my exam last week - I bought a Disney Couture top!
I was surprised to find this brand on Amazon, and at really good prices too

It's an oversize top with Minnie on it

I'm hoping to save it for my trips to Disney this year - think it could be a good thing to wear on the flights there!

I've also made a start on other shopping for the trip... this is a top I bought in a sale (only £5!)

and each week when I go to the supermarket for our food shop, I've been buying one or two items for our August trip.. so far we have: toothpaste, toothbrushes, ibuprofen, hayfever tablets & make-up remover wipes! I like doing this as it spreads the cost of the toiletries out - and helps me count down the weeks until our trip!

Emma x
Old 01-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #10
oboedm
DIS Veteran

The idea to spread out the toiletries is a good idea! I will have to remember that!

Also, it's probably not a good idea that I now know Amazon sells Disney Couture brand. To quote Filch from the Harry Potter films, "Oh, we are in trouble..."
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #11
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I'm so excited to have found your PTR!!

I love that you're going to be Barbie from Toy Story 3!!! Please keep us updated on how the costume is coming along.
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #12
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Omgosh, I don't even know how I missed this!

Sorry i'm so late. Will be back to read. Lunchtime

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #13
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Hi Emma! I hope you had a great weekend!

Woohoo on today marking 200 days!! I can't believe how quicly time is passing.

What a great idea to make a monthly newsletter and have questions etc to make it fun but at the same time keep everyone updated with what to expect during the trip

Lol I love getting soaked on the water rides! I also think it's great that you are making small purchases as you go along.

Tanz
Thanks Tanz - you're right this month feels like it's flying by, usually January is so slow!
I'm hoping DH's family like the newsletter.. I just want to share some of those great Disney/Orlando websites with them.. then everyone can do some planning/anticipating as the months go by it's been 3 years since they last went to Florida and there'll be quite a few new things at all the parks, plus this is the first time for us taking DH's niece - and touring with a 7 year old will be very different to our last trip (I've already had to find out where Tink & the other fairies have their meet & greets hehe)

Lol I enjoy the water rides too.. I did find the ones at IoA got me absolutely drenched though.. I have to be careful to close my eyes on the drops too otherwise my contact lenses seem to start playing up! hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Great Update! I have never thought about buying ziploc bags for the water rides. That is a great idea! I have heard that the IoA rides get you ridiculously wet, so I will need to remember that. =)

I like the newsletter/quiz idea. I will have to do that for our 2013 trip. I think the kids we are going with will have fun with that. Maybe that is how I can distribute Disney pins!
Thank you! That sounds like a good idea for your 2013 trip.. pins as prizes I still need to think of a prize for our quiz ... they do sell pins at the Disney Stores in the UK so that could be a good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Omgosh, I don't even know how I missed this!

Sorry i'm so late. Will be back to read. Lunchtime
Yay thanks for reading along Lesha!

Emma x
Old 01-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #14
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I love your newsletter, Emma! It looks so much more professional than mine! I love all of the fun info you've included! I am also planning on doing a newsletter/letter for each day of our trip with info about the park we are visiting that day, the daily itinerary, must do's at the parks, etc. I think I will give it to my family in an envelope each night. I was hoping to do a layout kind of like you have to make it look more organized.

I can't believe you are so close to your ADR day! That is such a fun milestone in the countdown. Can't wait to hear which restaurants you choose!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #15
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm joining in, but I have to go back and get caught up later! Just wanted to sub before I forgot!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: