Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Bonafaka Family trip!!

i know your thinking Bonafaka? what a ugly name! well that is a combination of my last name and our friends last name!
My name is Michelle nickname Mo. i live in Chicago hence Chicago Mo. i thought Mo Chicago sounded awful! kinda like Bonafaka!
i took this! woo hoo!
Last year was my family's first real vacation. (ever) I went to Disney in 1978 and really don't remember much.
My DH Tom have been married for 11 years and i have 7 year old triplets DS Zack, DS Matt and DD Meg. three dogs lex Great Dane, Logan a golden retriever, and Piper a Sheltie (i show in obedience). they will be brought up later. My Children are complete Disney freaks. Hidden Mickey's are EVERYWHERE! they never stop talking Disney. So it helps to always want to go back over and over again.

Have been thinking about doing a report for sometime now.. just never got up the nerve. Promise this will be filled with pictures!!! Also HOPE Nicole will chime in here somewhere and help out. LOVE the Dis Boards and pretty much live on them the shear entertainment is worth it along with the plethora amount of information!!
i have no idea in how to write a trip report so i HOPE if anyone is reading this doesn't rip on me too much!
so lets start off..
Last year we decided to go to Disney for my Childrens's 6th birthday and our 10th Anniversary.

now if someone can tell me how to shrink these pictures i think we can get threw this... Our Friends Nicole and Family had gone the week before us in 2010. one night we had gotten together and started talking Disney. Enough drinks and we decided to all go together in 2011 and make it a grand gathering!!
With a lot of deliberation and ensuring Nicole's DH could get off work we finally decided to go November 13-19 2011 i believe we came up with this in February?? lots of time to plan... our last trip was everything you can ever imagine plus some. so going back was a dream come true!!
Who wouldn't want to see this again??

So back to the Dis Boards i go to start the OCD planning!!!
more tomorrow!!!

Old 11-22-2011, 04:44 AM   #2
MeMom
DIS Veteran

What a cute bunch of kids! You are so blessed! I look forward to reading about the trip and seeing the wonderful pictures.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2011, 06:07 AM   #3
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

Im in

You have a Sheltie? Me too! They are the greatest dogs!

Old 11-22-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
What a cute bunch of kids! You are so blessed! I look forward to reading about the trip and seeing the wonderful pictures.
Thank you very much!!! I will be going a bit back because of their Disney Birthday Party!!! can't wait! Have to find the pictures!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
Im in

You have a Sheltie? Me too! They are the greatest dogs!
Hi! Thank you for reading! I hope i'm not to bad at this!!!
Yes i had a sheltie when i was 8 to start showing in obedience!! they are great.. except the BARKING!!!

Old 11-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
NOLAdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I'm here! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to read your TR!
November 2008 - Caribbean Beach
November 2010 - Caribbean Beach
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Halloween 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2014 - First Deluxe Stay - Beach Club!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
3sweetpeas
Mouseketeer

I'm in! We're from Valparaiso, NW Indiana! Can't wait to hear about your trip.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #7
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Sorry it's been a while but work and Thanksgiving got in the way! then i was able to FINALLY catch up on some MUCH needed sleep from our trip!

So.... On with the show... give a bit of a back story...like i had said last year was our first year to Disney and LOVED every aspect. I bought as many books on Disney i could find. even made my Mom find all our pictures from when we went in 78. i wasn't much a fan of the mouse until i started reading and learning about the thought process that went into Disney. My Hubby wasn't all that excited about the trip until i started throwing out little facts i.e did you know there is a trash can every 30 steps in WDW? Because back in the day Walt would walk the amusement parks and would count the steps people would take until they threw it on the ground. and Yes my husband did test this theory... it's true
No matter how many book pictures or blogs you read and go threw does not prepare you for the sights, smells and sounds of Disney.
the ME the greeting at the resorts the magic that happens in the parks. we turned into DIS FREAKS!! On our last day of our trip last year we said together we needed to come back in 2011 and see the castle with the lights.My kids are hidden Mickey fanatics. i cannot go anywhere without finding a hidden mickey on the tail lights of cars to their cereal in the morning.
SO when we returned is when we got together with Nicole and her family. one drink toooo many we all decided we were all going in 2011 lucky Tom had a pin number for the 40% off the trip! WOO HOO!
This past trip has been in the works for over a year!!! ha ha ha!
OK now on to the 2011 i hope i haven't lost anyone i know this is boring!
180 days out Nicole and I got on the phone with Disney to get our ADR's and other fun stuff!!!
First the Christmas party! December 15
we arrive on 11/13 the last day of the Food and Wine Festival.
11/14 We are safariing it with Donald at the tusker house in Animal Kingdom
11/15 Dinner at O'hana A MUST then Christmas party
11/16 9am pirate League 11 at Harmony Barber and Dinner with the Mouse @ Chef Mickey's!
11/17 Hollywood and vine Fantasmic Dinner package!
11/18 Breakfast at Akershus we did the Dinner last year the princess are awesome the food... not so much this year we had to do ONE Princess something and Meghan picked Akershus over 1900PF!
11/19 Breakfast at Tony's for the grand gathering.
i have to stop here before my laptop dies. i forgot my power cord at work!!! I will get on it tomorrow. again i hope i didn't lose you!!! Promise it does get better

Old 11-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #8
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Oh My Lord, of the Rings!!!

I can't believe that party! I can't let my kids see that or they'll no what an under achiever I am!

I agree that nothing prepares you for actually being in WDW!
Old 11-29-2011, 07:06 AM   #9
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Oh My Lord, of the Rings!!!

I can't believe that party! I can't let my kids see that or they'll no what an under achiever I am!

I agree that nothing prepares you for actually being in WDW!
Hi!
The Party was fun. the Krispie sushi was the hit. otherwise i killed a couple of printers including a plotter to print out a full size shadow of Peter pan! ha ha ha! i did get a lot of compliments and more ARE YOU NUTS with that party. But the way i saw it was they had turned 7 i don't know how many more themed parties they will want... SO i over did it! No Nothing can prepare you for Disney. you may know what to expect or know some secrets but once your there... your in awe!!!
Several photo's finally uploaded to photobucket will be starting up again today.. if i wait any longer i may forget a lot of the details!!!

Old 11-29-2011, 07:35 AM   #10
FosterA
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear what you thought of the Christmas party!
keep writing! and no....you are not boring. I think my reports are too but amazingly people still stick around. We love to hear all the details
Old 11-29-2011, 09:33 AM   #11
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterA View Post
I can't wait to hear what you thought of the Christmas party!
keep writing! and no....you are not boring. I think my reports are too but amazingly people still stick around. We love to hear all the details
HA! yours IS good!!!! my thoughts are ALL over the place.. i hope to get on track at some point!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #12
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

AS i left off we had made all of our Ressies! and we are very excited about all of them. cannot stop thinking about the food and we were 180 days out! this was NOT going to be easy... I am gitty little school girl about going back to Disney yet i have to keep it under control so i don't feed that into the kids.. otherwise their school work will suffer.. Not a fan of going to the school to try to explain why my kids are out of their minds!!! when i can't even sit still. 180 days out is excruciating!!!! i wanted to go NOW!!! so to subside my thirst for anything Disney i lived on the Dis boards ... The pic of the day is one of my favorites. They can find such different views on something as simple as a mop!
As luck would have it Nicole was also living on the Dis as well. She called in a frantic. (this happens a lot I still love her) they CANCELED fantasmic on the night of our dinner package! Talk about shock! Horror!
the ONLY reason to pick out Hollywood and vine was for the VIP seating for 'F' (Nicole and family is a bit of picky eaters so they had wanted that)
I'm still in shock.... IS this the way this trip is going to be? First bad news of this trip? Do we have bad JuJu now? all sorts of thoughts are racing threw my head like a tiny tornado. Nicole suggests we try for something else in HS. Still not thinking too clearly we call Disney. Cancel the Hollywood and Vine and get the SciFi.
The Next day i am STILL thinking about this. The kids are bummed about missing the Fantasmic show and honestly so am i. We have never seen the show. Don't think i am being *****y about getting the seats only becuase i do NOT do well in massive crowds. especially with the little ones. I kinda like them and don't want to lose them... Yet..
So i am out at the field like i am everyday for football and cheerleading. I decided to call Disney. Nicole advised me against it as we may upset the Disney pixi dust or something... but I just cannot let this go!
So during "ROCK AND ROLL BABY BULLDOGS GOT SOUL" I call Disney. On the phone was one of the NICEST CM'S i've ever spoken to. I politely ask about the screw up on the F night and why would Disney cancel without notifying anyone who HAD the ressie? I mean what would have happened if we were to show up on our day all excited about the VIP seating to find out about it being canceled? She pretty much said we had jumped the gun and someone would have called us in October to reschedule. Now i'm upset with myself. CRAP had we waited we would probably been rescheduled for another showing!!! CRAP! Well the CM said to hold on. I did.. She came back and said she was sorry.. SHE WAS SORRY?!?!?! For what? and offered us the VIP seating for MONDAY!!!! called a magic number! i was speechless. i could NOT have thanked her enough. i even did a thank you with her name stating Disney is all about MAGIC and they really do care about people and their vacations making it the best they possible can. out with the bad JuJu and back int eh saddle again with PIXI DUST!!! i call Nicole tell her the whole story she and family are thrilled! phew back on track with the FUN and no more worrying! the very next week came the advertisement for FREE DINING!!! a almost fell over oh yeah!!! then i did the math.. this saved us over $1,000!!!!!!!
i love Disney...

Old 05-31-2012, 08:04 AM   #13
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Side note!!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-d...,6735269.story

Have you seen this??? now we can schedule our ride times????

don't know if i can be that much of an obsessed planner... or can i???

Old 05-31-2012, 10:21 AM   #14
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Photopass time!!

we felt bad because NO ONE was around for these guys!! so we got to play around..

I really wanted to drap across McQueen like those models but thought better.

Have i mentioned how much i LOVE LOVE LOVE magic shots??

hummmm I may have posted some of these already? i am wearing 2 different shirts!

One more thought before i leave my HS day. As we were walking in the entrance i said something to Zack, well the people behind me ALSO had a Zack who had the SAME purple tee shirt and exact SAME nike shoes!!! Who bizarre is that??? Our "zacks" thought it was the coolest thing ever!!! (so did I) I believe their birthdays were around the same time!!! But the Zack behind us was not a multiple.
Again another FANTASTIC Disney day!!

Old 05-31-2012, 07:23 PM   #15
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Love the PP pics ! The ones with Stitch are great.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: