Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
krispin41
DIS Veteran

I booked at In Room Celebration! (Pics inside!!)

I know how we all love pics. My DH and I just got back from a five day trip celebrating our 1st Wedding Anniversary. My DH had never been to any Disney Resort, so I wanted to make this trip extra special. I should add that my DH isn't as big a Disney fan as I am...but I think after this trip he's been converted!

We stayed at the PPH with the Concierge level, and upon check-in, we were given this envelope:

Pinned to the outside of our envelope were these buttons:

And inside the envelope was this picture:

We got to the PPH quite early, so while we were waiting for our room to be ready, we had some lunch at Downtown Disney and spent some time relaxing at the Concierge "Beachcomber Club."

I had read about the In Room Celebrations on this board and thought this would be perfect for my DH and I, we never went on a honeymoon, so we went all out.

This is the From Mickey & Minnie with Love Celebration. It cost $265, but I had them add the traditional Mouse ears which added another $30.

A trail of rose petals led to the bed (picture to come, I took them with my regular camera).

And the bed:

Above the TV was a bathtub shaped metal basket, tied with tulle and ribbon. Inside was some really luxurious lotion, soap, and pumice scrub. The little treasure chest is filled with chocolate hearts. Inside the "tub" there were battery operated tea lights flickering. And sprinkled around was confetti in the shape of Cinderella's Carriage.

Tinkerbell was on the mirror, watching over everything, sprinkling Pixie Dust:

(By the way, these Tinkerbells are really delicate, ours snapped when my husband tried to move it.)

On the bed were personalized robes:

Also included were a set of Bride & Groom rubber duckies, and chocolates (the type they include when they turn down your bed for the night).

I had them add the ears:

By the way, if there is something you want that is available in the Parks, the Vacation Planners can totally add it to the Celebration. I thought the traditional ears were perfect since my DH had never been to Disneyland before. Of course, I couldn't get him to wear them till the last night when we dined at Goofy's Kitchen. LOL.

While we were out at Mickey's Halloween Party, there was a bottle of chilled Apple Cider (neither my DH and I are champagne fans) waiting for us with a plate of the surfboard shaped rice-crispie treats. (I had called the hotel prior to our arrival to add this, which upon review of our bill was complimentary.)

I will add those pics to this thread as soon as I go through the pics on my camera.

But for anyone on the fence about an in-room celebration, I would totally splurge for it if the budget allows!

Kristan in NorCal
krispin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

Awwwww!! That is amazingly cool!!! Congratulations on your anniversary. So glad you had such a magical time!!!

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Fun! Beautiful! Thoughtful! Thanks for sharing.

I want a Disneyland bathrobe. I need a new one and you just helped me pick out my souvenir for my trip later this month. We are not staying onsite however. Does anyone know where I can get one at DLR? Thanks.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
krispin41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRoadAgain View Post
Fun! Beautiful! Thoughtful! Thanks for sharing.

I want a Disneyland bathrobe. I need a new one and you just helped me pick out my souvenir for my trip later this month. We are not staying onsite however. Does anyone know where I can get one at DLR? Thanks.
Not sure where you can get a robe. They are really nice though. I hope you can find one! I think I want the duvet they used in the rooms! Loved the subtle Mickey print on it!
Old 10-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispin41 View Post
Not sure where you can get a robe. They are really nice though. I hope you can find one! I think I want the duvet they used in the rooms! Loved the subtle Mickey print on it!
I wonder if they sell them in the hotel gift shop. I will have to research this
Old 10-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

Oh and that duvet is really nice. That would work in my house. We love that color and circles (and a little mickey around it good too - I have one on my house key)
Old 10-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
vincev33
Mouseketeer

Congrats on your anniversary. How did you plan this? I am taking DW for a surprise BD trip and would like to do something similar.
vincev33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #8
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincev33 View Post
Congrats on your anniversary. How did you plan this? I am taking DW for a surprise BD trip and would like to do something similar.
Contact Dream Makers

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...onsGiftingPage

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
krispin41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Minnies1Mickey View Post
Yep! This is exactly what I did!!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #10
alohamom
DIS Veteran

Hey there krispin, pls let me know what they say and if it is possible to purchase, how much are they? My daughter has a gorgeous plush terry robe from Tower of Terror that is embroiderd with "Hollywood Tower Hotel" on it-but I would love to get my son the Disneyland one-thnx sooo much
alohamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #11
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

They have this plush robe for $80 at the disney store, but I want lighter weight. Keep looking. http://www.disneystore.com/exclusive...r=pPublished:1
Old 10-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #12
krispin41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohamom View Post
Hey there krispin, pls let me know what they say and if it is possible to purchase, how much are they? My daughter has a gorgeous plush terry robe from Tower of Terror that is embroiderd with "Hollywood Tower Hotel" on it-but I would love to get my son the Disneyland one-thnx sooo much
You may have to contact the hotels directly for this. Also I know the robes can be added to various gift packages/gift baskets.

More pics soon, they are still uploading.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: