Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Talking School's Closing Early? Let's Do Disney in December! 12-10

Hello! I am hoping to have various readers for this PTR. I'd love for others planning a December trip to chime in, those who have been there in December, and of course, those who'd love to be there in December who can live vicariously through me....

I wasn't sure if I was going to do a PTR for this upcoming trip, but I need opinions, help, and obsession understanding from my fellow Disney lovers! (I knew I'd hate to let Queen of All Things down, and I'd miss weekly chats with my other friends...) I am so excited that we are going to Disney in December--I didn't think we'd be able to do a December trip until dh and I retired.

This is me (Debby) with our nine year old twins (Emma and Hannah)--unfortunately, we didn't get dh in this one or any of the four of us today.

Here is dh (Gregg)- also a huge Disney fan (notice the shirt)...

To explain the title, I teach at a public high school in PA. Our district decided to extend winter break and have an extra week off to save on heating costs. When my friend and I heard this, we both thought it would be a great time to go to Disney. Of course, this was back in the summer. When I asked dh, he said, "Can we please go on this trip first?" (He obviously doesn't realize the importance of having a trip planned before leaving the magic...) However, respecting his need to make it through our August trip, I dropped it.

Once school started back up though, I was checking airfare. I was getting nervous about rising rates, and I texted him. Tickets are $xx.oo, I am getting nervous. Can I book flights? His response: "Sure." My friend was checking flights too, and a couple weeks later she booked!

Dates:

December 16 - All Star Music (AP Discount)

December 17-21 - Beach Club Villas (DVC Points)

Last edited by disneydreamingdebby; 12-10-2011 at 09:21 AM.
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I'll be one of the DISers living vicariously through you who would love to be there in December

Yay on DH agreeing to the trip! I loved our recent visit to the Beach Club and can't wait to see your pics of this place.
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm here too!!!!! We will be staying at wdw the same time, 15th at a Courtyard Marriott in LBV and 16 - 20 at AKL!! We debated about YC bc of Epcot location but decided to save the $$$ and we'll have my car or my brothers to get around. My Xmas break starts the 16th . Can't wait to hear ur plans!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Joining in! I'll be one of the DISers living vicariously through you who would love to be there in December

Yay on DH agreeing to the trip! I loved our recent visit to the Beach Club and can't wait to see your pics of this place.
Hi! You're first! You get a Mickey bar, which I think you have to have on your next visit!

In the meantime, I will be ready along your adventure in anticipation of mine...it's like the Circle of Life, huh? Let's name the phenomenon...The Circle of Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I'm here too!!!!! We will be staying at wdw the same time, 15th at a Courtyard Marriott in LBV and 16 - 20 at AKL!! We debated about YC bc of Epcot location but decided to save the $$$ and we'll have my car or my brothers to get around. My Xmas break starts the 16th . Can't wait to hear ur plans!
I love AKL, and I am worried about missing it! This summer, I really missed the Epcot resorts, so I am glad to go back. However, we've stayed at Jambo nearly every trip for at least a couple of days!

You will have to chime in with your plans so we can meet up!!! I plan on visiting AKL to see the decorations. If not, we can text to meet at a park.

I am excited- if we can pull it off, it will be my first Dismeet.

Last edited by disneydreamingdebby; 10-09-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Sounds great!! I'll be going a PTR in my yearly thread but I'll send you a fb msg of plans as they are currently lol.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Here, Debby!!!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Last night I decided I wanted to call Disney. What better way to add some magic into your life?

So, I dialed the number and went through the series of prompts with the lady with the wonderful voice (of course if they are taping my responses they are less enthusiatic... Have you been to "YES" Have you been more than five "YESsss" I can't stand that process...)

Then the delightful CM (the live one) began "How can I add some magic to your day?" or something equally as wonderful...

I'd like to change my reservation from Music to Pop with the general room discount if it's available... Sure...at a couple of minutes, he can't find my Music reservation...he tries something else...nope. Well, there is a passholder room at Pop available.

Thank goodness I called...so for whatever reason, I didn't have a room for Music. I know I gave the CM my cc info and everything was taken care of. Can you imagine- I wouldn't have learned this until I called about magical express...oh, yeah I need to do this. Another reason to call Disney!

So new plan - Staying at Pop our first night!

So my friends who've stayed at Pop, which building do I request? Remember, we are arriving around 10 and leaving to hit HS for 8 am rope drop, after checking our bags for transport to BCV...So I think I need a building close to the lobby.

Also, any suggestions for a building for my friend, her dh and their nearly 5 year old. They are staying all week. They will need to return to their rooms each day for a break before heading back out at night.

While I am planning, I will share current dining. These may change though...

Sun - just my family (look at my little babes- only 7 here!)

Mon
We have this booked for all of us... (my family hasn't eaten here. dh wants to try it...we don't play along well ) picture found through google images

Tues. and we have this for all of us.

picture found through google images

another clue?

picture found through google images

Last edited by disneydreamingdebby; 10-24-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:06 PM   #8
mgsmom
DIS Veteran

Hey Deb!!

I'm here! Gosh, and you're already 4 pages in!

I'm so jealous that you're going for Christmas. My very first visit was over Christmas. It was back in the day - no ADRs - no planning, really. We stayed at CR for several days, including Christmas, and honestly I don't even think we so much as looked at a map. The FPs were a "new" thing and we could call dining every morning and make a reservation for that very evening. NO problem. Can you imagine? But it was soooooo magical. We just stumbled upon everything - parades, fireworks, characters - nothing planned but that one meal a day.

I do remember on Christmas morning, we decided to go to Epcot. On the monorail on the way over we passed the MK entrance and saw the mass of humanity trying to get in. We were SO glad we decided on Epcot!

We also packed terribly. All I took were short sleeves and shorts, and one pair of jeans. Guess what I ended up wearing EVERY DAY?! And the sweatshirt I bought the day we got there.

I am so excited to hear about your stay at Pop - it's totally on my radar if we get to do a vacation this year! I think DD would flip out over all the super-Disney stuff!

I can't wait to see how your girls enjoy all the magic. Your family is going to have the best Christmas trip EVER!!!

Are we there yet???
2000 CR Garden Wing
2004 All 4 parks in one day

2010 FW Cabin

2011 FW rented 5W

2012 Pop Century

2013 Castaway Cay (Disney Dream)
mgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #9
mgsmom
DIS Veteran

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot to tell you this -

At some point in the trip (totally don't remember) but we walked up to the American Exhibit in Epcot and Sandi Patti was doing a Christmas concert! It was amazing!

Are we there yet???
2000 CR Garden Wing
2004 All 4 parks in one day

2010 FW Cabin

2011 FW rented 5W

2012 Pop Century

2013 Castaway Cay (Disney Dream)
mgsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #10
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Yay for Pop!!! We've stayed in building 10 (my favorite), 6, and 1. If you are facing the main building, building 10 is to the left, right by the food court. Building 6 is across from 10, and 1 is next to the check-in side of the main building so all of those are super close for you to ask for!

Your Tues ADR..is it Whispering Canyon bc the first pic is of WCC but the 2nd is of Cape May???
Old 10-24-2011, 10:04 PM   #11
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Okay! All caught up now, having read your January TR. I do have a knack for saying just the wrong thing sometimes -- seems you've been through the snowstorm on the way to the airport already! Which reminds me of the time my then-future DH mentioned he didn't like his first name, and I said, "It could be worse, it could be ****", and he said, "my middle name is ****".

But you apparently had gorgeous weather for the rest of that trip, so it all evens out, right?

Btw, your photos are incredible! I look forward to seeing this year's!

**** name withheld because it's really awful.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #12
westonkamom
Mouseketeer

We stayed at Pop last December for 10 days and really LOVED it. I was very impressed at a "value" being that nice! I did not pay for a preferred room in order to save a little money and at first was super bummed b/c we were over in building 9 (computer pool). It ended up being one of the best places b/c it was probably one of the closest buildings to the buses and maybe a 1 minute walk extra to the food court. If you're looking at the map we were right above the "s" in 80's...corner room, 3rd floor. We had a view of the lake, computer pool, and if it was raining we could walk along the corridor around the building and exit by the top rubix cube at the 90's parking lot...literally a 3-4 minute walk to the buses. Plus, it was super quiet over there!! I would actually request that area again if we were staying there this time. Here's some pics! Our room was at on the 3rd floor under the "P" in Preppy in the pic from the pool Also, there is a little playground by building 10 and 9 too! You can click the photos to enlarge them

Old 10-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #13
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

Oh wow! Good thing you called! I love calling Disney too! Always so nice and helpful!

poisonapple_PRINCESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #14
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Yay on staying at Pop for the first night!!! We loved it here! Oh my, it's a good job you rang to check about your room

We were in the 50s building which was pretty close to everything and I think would suit your friends family. As for you guys not sure if you were thinking of a preferred room as that is even closer to everything.

Great dining choices - the only one we dined at was 50s PTC and if you ask to be seated in the side room you don't get to be involved much in the antics. We actually didn't like being left out but if you don't want to play along it'll be a great choice of seating
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:24 AM   #15
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Good morning my friend I have been absent all week from the Dis but am here now to catch up! Jas and I stayed at Pop and loved it both times! Now it's been a while but we were in the building with Lady in front of it both times...we quite enjoyed it there....close to the bowling pin pool (we were there in August so that was important for us) and the lobby!
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: