Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
katt789
DIS Veteran

That was the BEST Most Magical Trip EVER!! (A Sept 2011 TR) [COMPLETED]

I've learnt how to link things!! So: CHAPTER LINKS WILL BE POSTED HERE!!

-Introductions are below:

Day 1->Sept 13/2011:
-Departure!

Continuing W/Dinner

Day 2->Sept 14/2011
Off to the Magic Kingdom

The Benefit of Arriving Early!

Travelling Through Adventureland

It's Dance Party Time!

Tomorrowland

We Meet an Alien & Find a Missing Hat

Taking Some Boat Rides

Meeting Some Royalty

Do It All Again!!

Dusk Finally Reaches Us

It's Finally The End of the Day

Day 3->DHS
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Dreaming in Pixar Land

Venturing Through Hollywood

*Insert Epic Music Here*

It's Stuntin' Time

Killing Time & Having Adventures

Character Palooza Fun Times

A Few More Characters

Some Last Rides & Long Waits

Fantasmic!

Amy & I Go On Own Adventure

Day 4-> Animal Kingdom

It's Time For Safari Breakfast!

Oh no! We've Got to Save That Baby Elephant!

Braving the Yetti!

What'd'ya Want Me to Do, Dress In Drag & Do The Hula?!

I See A Bunny!!!

Off to the Conservation Station!!

A Jamin' Jungle Party

Time To Party Not So Scarily!

Tink! Help Peter Fly!

Give A Scream, It's Halloween!

Uh....your Mom...

Baby You're a Firework!

Boo To You! Happy Halloween!

Boo To You! Part 2!

Pixie Hollow

Our Frightful Night Ends

Day 5-> Epcot!

Our Morning Exploring the Worlds

Living in the Land & Swimming in the Seas

What. Was. That?!?

Margartias, Ponchos & School Bread

Exploring China w/a Margarita!

Lunch w/a Practically Perfect Friend

We Actually Use Our Park Hoppers!!

Illuminations!

Day 5
Animalistic Adventures!

My Dream Job!

Tale As Old As Time

Tut Tut, Looks Like Rain

Dreams Come True!

Best! Day! Ever!

A Friendship Celebration!

A Little Bit of Extra Magic

Happily Ever After

Real Life Updates:

Auditions/Trip #3

Update #2: NEW TRIP PLANS->Surprising Mom!

Exciting News!

2 WEEEEEEKKKSSS

Photopass Catch-Ups!

Magic Kingdom Part 1

Magic Kingdom Part 2

Magic Kingdom #3

Magic Kingdom #4

Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Animal Kingdom #1

Animal Kingdom #2

MNSSHP #1

MNSSHP #2

Hello everyone and

to join us on the most magical trip to Walt Disney World yet!! We had pixie dust sprinkled throughout the entire week, from the moment we stepped foot onto Main street, and made sure to spread that pixie dust to others we met along the way. In this "best! week! ever!!" we managed to meet every single character that disney has to offer (minus a few special ones at the Halloween party), rode every headliner more than once, attended a MNSSHP, had some magical experiences with everyone, and managed the do all four parks in one day!!

So, here to join us, is the cast:

First off, me, Katt:

I'm a 22 year old Disney lover from way up here in Canada (Calgary, Alberta for anyone that knows Canada at all). My first trip was this past May, and within 2 days of coming home, Nick & I started to plan this Sept trip, we had had too much fun. I work as a server/"additional cast member" at a dinner theatre up here, and am looking right now for a 2nd job as well. In spare time, I dance/act/all that performing junk, and am currently searching for a Disney audition that would suit me best & is close enough, or at the right time.

My favorite disney character is Tigger, followed closely by Tink (although, I miss the days where Tink was a jealous little "witch", so I lean towards Vidia when it comes to new fairies haha) .

Favorite Princess: Ariel, followed closely by Rapunzel.

Favorite Prince: Eric, followed by either Naveen or Flynn (he counts, right?)

Favorite Villian: Gaston *drool* I dunno what it is, but he's definitely my pick, sure, he's a jerk, but hey, I'll take him!

In terms of Disney World attractions & such, the last time we went, I chickend out of SOOO many rides, I really only did Splash mtn for anything "big", so my favorite things were: Mickey's Phillharmagic or Winnie the Pooh, Beauty & the Beast show, FOTLK. This time, did I conquer my fears? Did I cry on any rides? We'll find out!!

Next, we have Nick:

He's also from around the same Albertan area as I am, just 3 hours North, where I used to live. Originially, I worked at the dinner theatre up there, and that's where we met. On our last trip, we had someone bail out last minute, and accepted whoever got the money in first, and Nick jumped on it. We barely knew each other at that point, and are really glad that he ended up coming, as we now have Disney travel buddies.

His favorite character/Princess is Belle, as you can tell by the immense happiness on his face in the above pic.

His favorite Villian is: Facillier, from Princess and the Frog (did he finially get to meet him?!)

As for attractions, I know he loves the Beauty & the Beast show, and he doesn't do well on thrill rides thanks to motion sickness (will he end up powering through it? Does he throw up while on a coaster? does he dare do mission space?!)

Next, we have Amy:

From the same city as Nick, she works with him at a resturant/bar up there, and he was the one who invited her into Disney World when we began looking for 2 mroe people.

She loves Peter Pan, Tigger, along with character hunting, which worked out great for me. Even after spending a week in Disney with her, I coudn't really tell ya a lot about her haha!! When in Disney, that really becomes the real conversation topic. Hopefully either Nick or Amy herself will jump in with some input!

Finally, we come to Tyler:

(with him in the pic is his adorable nephew Jackson)

He works as a chef in the theatre down here with me, and ended up on this trip by fluke. Something just always seems to go wrong with the person that I bring on the trips to Disney, there's always something that happens that they jump in too fast without consulting their financials, and then have to bail. So, after that happened, Tyler jumped into coming.

He hadn't been to Disney in years, and was really really excited to experience it as an adult, all the thrill rides, even though he doesn't really like them (which ones does he end up doing? Does he love or hate them!?).

He loves the Incredibles, Toy Story & Lion King, and was really hoping to meet some of them on this trip (do we find them??) but aside from that, doesn't really dig the character hunting.

Well, now that we've gotten introductions out of the way, let me brief you all on our itinerary & plans for the week!!

When: Sept 13-19th

With: 5 day park admission & park hoppers

Staying: at Disney's Pop Century.

How: flying down on Delta(is this a good idea? or not?!) & then Magical Express whisks us to our hotel!

Sept 13: check in, relax, maybe we hit up DTD?!

Wed 14th:Magic Kingdom! (do we make ropedrop? Is it so packed we dont get on any rides?)

Thu 15: DHS

Fri 16: Animal Kingdom, followed by MNSSHP

Sat 17: Epcot

Sun 18th: 4 parks, 1 day!! (do we dare?1 )

Mon 19th: relax, check out, fly home. (or do we end up stuck in Minneappolis after a delayed flight?!)

Well, now that I'm done that, it's nearly time for work, so I'll start with day one at about midnight tonight. I've managed to upload the first 3 days of picks, and resize about 1.5 days of pics, so this will be the only update with crazy large pictures.

Hope you all enjoy, and feel free to ask any questions or put in your own comments throughout the journey!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Last edited by katt789; 07-05-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
katt789
DIS Veteran

Day 1-> Departure!

And WE'RE OFF!! Well, sort of...

My day began with finishing up my packing, and making one last run out to superstore to pick up the last few essentials, and making sure everything was ready. Amy & Nick made the 3 hour drive down to Calgary (as flight are close to $150.00 cheaper to fly out from here).

This was the first time Amy had met Tyler & I, and things went over well, we moved their luggage inside, and wandered over to a neighbourhood pub for a drink & some food while we chatted. Heading to bed early, as we had to be up at 5:30am for our 8:20am flight.

Tyler called and booked the cab the night before, and when 5:30 hit we were up at 'em pretty quick, super excited to FINALLY be GOING TO DISNEY WOOORRRLLLDD

We jumped on the first plane...and waited...and waited...and waited...apparently they had forgotten to change/fill the oil in the plane the night before, so they were doing it now. (At least they noticed it, am I right?!) It took about an extra half hour to 45 minutes to actually get up in the air.

So, naturally, we killed the time by taking a few pictures as we waited.

We were a little worried about making our connection in Minneapolis, but it ended up being the gate directly beside where we got off, so we even had time to grab some Mcdonalds before boarding, excited to have only 1 more flight until we landed in the gorgeousness of Orlando!!

I'm pretty sure I'm reading a skymall magazine in that pic, and I don't know how many of you look through it, but it's worth the read! Some of the stuff in there is just downright ridiculous! Not to mention hilarious!

Finally, we landed in Orlando!! I absolutely love the humidity & heat down there, its absolutely amazing, and just feels just like home as soon as we ge off the plane.

Thanks to the last trip we kind of knew where to go after grabbing our bags we headed over! There was basically no line, and no wait before we jumped on a bus!

(This...as you may notice...was the start of Tyler photobombing 90% of the pictures he was in...)

There wasn't a whole lot of people on the bus, probably under 15, mostly families with either really small children (too young for school) or ones with no kids, or (like us!) groups of younger adults.

With a quick stop at Caribbean Beach (I *think* thats the one it was) we were soon dropped off at Pop! Talk about a place that feels like home, I adore that resort, for the price, it's SO worth it, sure, 4 people in 2 double beds is pushin' it by the end of the week, but it's pretty good. I'd love to stay at a deluxe or moderate someday, but that day will come! (The Polynesian....or The Animal Kingdom Lodge w/Savannah View...beautiful).

Check in was quick & simple. Nick linked his credit card to only his card so he could charge stuff to it, and we set off to our room. We were in 1256, building 1 in the 50's. SUPER close to the main building & busses, not to mention, on the opposite side of the resort than Nick & I were last time, a whole new area to explore!!

We had decided earlier while on the way to Orlando that we would head to Down Town Disney, with dinner as our final destination, so we quickly changed, freshened up & walked on over, giddy with excitement!

Our resturant of choice was:

A Prehistoric adventure!! The wait wasn't long, only 10 minutes or so (without an ADR) Amy & I stuck close by in the gift shop while the boys dissappeared to the Lego store & we all checked out the menu.

We were called in & sat over near the bar/giant jellyfish. Wow, that resturant is HUGE, I can't imagine how much work/money goes into it (I have these thoughts a lot at disney). Tyler, of course, being a chef, asked our server how big the kitchen was, and he replied there were 2-3 lines of service, 1 for just appitizers! Amazing.

We ordered some drinks & started to decide on entrees. Our server was Angel, he was awesome! It seemed to be an ongoing trend of cm's happy to have a group of young, childless adults. Not that there's ANYTHING wrong with kids, but it's cool to have someone your own age that you can just 'hang out' with in your section while you work.

I ordered the "5" drink, I can't remember what it was called, but it had a 5 in it haha. Amy had a mango mojito, which prompted me to have a regular mojito!

I'm not sure what Nick had, though I know he ended the night with a martini, while Tyler drank a couple of Bud's.

Last edited by katt789; 10-11-2011 at 01:17 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
katt789
DIS Veteran

Continuing on with dinner!!

The food was great!! (as always!)

I had the ribs, with a side of onion rings & mashed potatoes. Delicious! I could kind of tell the ribs had been under a heat lamp for a bit, they were a little dry, but still quite good!

Amy had a pulled pork sandwich, with the potato chips on the side, which she also liked.

Tyler had some form of chicken/turkey sandwich, which he said was amazing & obviously really really liked!

While Nick had the roast chicken & half rack of ribs combo with waffle fries & veggies on the side. He devoured it, so I'm assuming he liked it.

All in all, T-Rex is a great place to eat, I love the atmosphere, but it's not too hectic & loud as it is over at Rainforest cafe. They do dim the lights for a "meteor shower" every little bit, but I don't find it over powering, whereas at Rainforest cafe, the elephants made so much noise what felt like every 5 minutes, I just couldn't enjoy myself.

We all shared bits & pieces of our food across the table, which, ended up in this:

If you can't really see it, there's a piece of chicken that Nick had dropped in his martini! Somehow, Amy & I both noticed it, but he didn't, continuing to drink it until he finally did. Apparently, gin infused chicken, doesn't taste so good! Who knew?!

Amy & I had been eyeing the chocolate explosion dessert, and had been planning on sharing it with the whole table, but the boys weren't up for it after their entrees, so we decided to pass, figuring that the two of us would end up wasting too much of it. So, we cleared up our bill with Angel & headed out.

Downtown Disney is just SUCH a fun place to be, we wandered through all the stores, starting mainly with the World of Disney, trying on some crazy hats as we went!

Ok, maybe those ones aren't too crazy!

We stopped at the little chocolate store on the corner (I can't for the life of me remember the name) I honestly was drawn in by the smell, it just smells too good. They were giving out free chocolate caramel squares, and that ended up being just the amount of dessert we needed.

After wandering the shops, we made sure to drool through Goofy's Candy Co without buying anything, and then I wanted to stop in the Art of Disney to see if they had any Lady & The Tramp stills. THEY DID!! I had looked for it last time, and couldn't find it, thankfully I went back to check again!

It was probably around 9:30 at this point, so we headed back to the hotel to sit by the pool & digest while Nick went for a quick swim.

I was playing around with my camera's settings to try and figure them all out. I had gotten a new camera right before our last trip, that was then stolen from work, and had JUST gotten the claim back to get a new one. They didn't have the same one I had previously owned, just the "next step up" (I put that in quotations because I honestly loved the older one better).

In that one you can *just* see the top of Nick's head, lookin' like a creeper while he swam. Then comes some more love to Lady & the Tramp

I wanted to wander around the resort a little, explore it all, and Amy & Tyler agreed, we headed out, crossing the Classic Hall & around the entire pathway where they have all the signs, along with the bridge going over to what I'm pretty sure is Art of Animation Resort (?) Where I got some shots looking back at Pop.

Along the way around the back paths of the resort, we came across a few things: a bunny!!

(exciting, I know? It's like we come from a place where they don't exist or something...fyi...they're everywhere in Alberta. We had one that lived in our yard for years, made it fun for our dog!)

And some statues to take pictures with!!

After we had come full circle of the resort, we stopped in the food court to use some snack credits for breakfast the next morning, and to pick up our mugs. I was sad that they appeared to have no pink ones left (I'm such a little girl sometimes) so I settled for teal, as did Nick, Amy & Tyler got black ones. (And let me tell you, these mugs ended up going on some adventures along the course of this week!)

After figuring out our plan for the next morning, we were off to bed early, as we were going to rope drop at Magic Kingdom, and this, was something I did NOT want to miss!!

-----------------------------------
Highlights of the day: getting a good room at the resort!
-getting into Orlando earlier than expected
-Awesome service & experience at T-Rex

Downs of the day:-Being delayed in Calgary!

Food Ratings:T-Rex: awesome! Would I return, heck yes! It's great for drinks & great for meat & potato meals. One thing to watch for: if you order one of their specialty cocktails, ask for it in a regular class, or you'll end up paying $15.00 for a souvineir cup!

Old 10-24-2011, 12:40 AM   #4
Merida
DIS Veteran

I've read your trip reports but never subscribed, so I'm definitely doing so now while I remember.

How exciting to have two trips planned! I hope your audition goes well - my boyfriend and I will be in Disney at the same time (though not auditioning - definitely not coordinated enough! )
Old 10-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #5
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Love all the character interaction, especially with the villains!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I LOVE that you guys found so many rare characters. Gaston? Wow! It seems to me that people get a little grumpy about the Halloween party. Lines are too long, didn't get to ride enough rides, etc. It's really refreshing to read your positive reviews of the experience.
I was SO excited for all the halloween characters that were out! As soon as I heard the Gaston rumour I was estatic! I've seen a lot of negative reviews of the parties too! But it was the highlight of the trip for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Rose View Post
I love your trip report! I have an entire year to wait until my next trip though, but I am going during the MNSSHP and now there are so many more things I want to hit up.
Thanks!! There's so much to do at MNSSHP, it's SUCH an awsome time!! And THANK YOU for the edit on the photo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
I've read your trip reports but never subscribed, so I'm definitely doing so now while I remember.

How exciting to have two trips planned! I hope your audition goes well - my boyfriend and I will be in Disney at the same time (though not auditioning - definitely not coordinated enough! )
Glad you came to say hi!! And sweet!! What dates/where are you guys going??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Love all the character interaction, especially with the villains!
Thanks!! The villians are awesome!! I find the Snow White queen to be actually scary, but the villians are always more fun to interact with I find!!

Last edited by katt789; 10-24-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #7
katt789
DIS Veteran

Day 2!! -->Off to the Magic Kingdom!

Today was our first full day in Florida & our first day in the parks! And let me tell you, we were as excited, if not more, than 6 year olds. It's a for sure that we were the most excited people as we boarded the bus that morning.

I know some people & guidbooks & such say to go to Magic Kingdom last, so that it doesn't hype you up, and then the rest of the parks aren't as good, but I can't handle going without my dose of the castle for that long.

We were up early at the hotel, Amy & I had grabbed food from the foodcourt the day before, so we ate in the room while we got ready & Tyler & Nick ran down to the foodcourt.

I had a V8 & some watermelon (used 2 snack credits the previous night) and then we were making sure everyone had on some sunscreen, and we were off!!

Amy was the only one of us to have actually seen the opening ceremony at MK, as we had breakfast before the park opened at Crystal Palace last trip. I was thrilled that we'd finally get to see it, though a little nervous, I won't lie, for the number of people who say they tear up in it, and I'm the biggest sap when it comes to Disney!!

We got through the bag check & the turnstiles quickly & hassle free and staked out a spot on the right hand side of the train station to watch & then get goin' into the parks and let those memories begin!

It was an exciting time for all of us! Despite the early rising, and it only being about, 6:45am back home, we were REEEEAAADDDYYY for the best day ever!!

Now, this next pic has a little bit of a story behind it, a friend of Nick & I's, seems to always have the same pose in so many of her pictures. Last trip, we took one with all of us doing it in Epcot and she loved it, following it up with an entire album of the pose on facebook. Naturally, it was going to come out a couple of times this trip as well!

And the ceremony began!!

I hope you can tell how exciting this was!!

Nick managed to catch some amazing reaction shots of us while everything was going on. Now, if you're ever considering whether or not to do a rope drop at Magic Kingdom; DO IT!! Some people say that "it's a cute show, it's nice, I like it". For those of us Disney at heart, it's as incredible as those amazing night-time firework shows. I adored it, completely & totally, it has such a warming feeling, they really are welcoming you into a completely different world!

It's totally awesome, to say the least, and if my convincing thus far doesn't convince you into dragging the little ones out of bed at 7 in time to make it, take this next picture, and just imagine that look on their faces, 'cause believe me, it'll happen. This world is purely magical

Speaking of things that are magical, this little sign is another one, I saw it in another trip report, and remembered to look up & snag a picture on my way through, and I'm glad I did. All over the parks, they've got little quotes from Walt displayed, especially up on all the construction walls, and I think they're awesome, they're good quotes, with lots of meaning & love & imagination behind them.

------------------------------------
Continued in next update!!

Old 09-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #8
katt789
DIS Veteran

More Magic Kingdom! The benefit of arriving early!

The show was over and the rope was dropped, and things went CRAZY!! Okay, so, not really. We didn't see anyone running like a cheetah, or barreling over anyone to make sure they were the first people on Space Mtn or dumbo, but it was still the morning madness. (I personally didn't think it was too bad at all!)

While we were waiting for the opening show to begin, we started to discuss what everyone wanted to accomplish.

Tyler wanted to ride everything!

Nick wanted to do the Hall of Presidents & meet Belle.

Amy wanted to meet Peter Pan

And I wanted to meet Ariel & Tinkerbelle.

Along with go on as many rides & experience as much of the magic that we could. Thanks to my knowledge of what everyone else does/is expected to do, and the fact that it was HOT already! (c'mon, we're Canadians, anything about 15 degrees celcius and we're in shorts...ok...I may be overexaggerating the sterotype there...) we knew we wanted to Splash & Big Thunder. SO, we decided to go the opposite way of all the crowds, and head to Frontierland first, then swing through Adventureland, cross the hub into Tomorrowland, and circle through Fantasy around nap time of all the little ones & hope to be able to hit up all the rides.

Were we planning on leaving the park midday?! Heck no!! Was my response, I was going to stay, well, did everyone stay with me? We'll find out!

Along the way, of course, comes the money shot!

When you see that, the biggest sigh of happiness goes through you & you feel like you've really left the real world behind. Next, comes some of the biggest pixie dust of the trip. We were walking along Main street just a few feet away from Chip! Nick ran up & tapped his shoulder to grab a pic of them:

And Chip handed him to fastpasses for later in the morning for SPLASH!! Woo hoo!! Magic moment #1!!

We neared the front of the castle, and it appeared, everyone had veered off one of the spurs of the "wheel", so I was going to get a nice group shot of everyone else, when who else but the Dapper Dans! Appear and ask if I want to get in one too! The magical moment continued when it looks like there's no one else in the park! (Yeah, no biggie, we just rented out Magic Kingdom for a day...wow..as if...how much would THAT cost!) Magical moment #2!

I of course had to grab one with them in it as well!

We next headed right under the castle, wow is it incredible to walk right through that majestic beauty. (too much?)

We walked past Cinderella's Royal Table, where, perhaps, we would be dining with some royalty later, and exited at the back of the castle. Looking around to take in the sights, and see someone worth stopping for!! Excited for our first character meet of the trip (if you don't count Chip), we definitely stopped to say hi!

(I'd like to take this oppertunity to point out Tyler photobombing in the back of the pic...again....he wasn't doing these on purpose..it just kept happening. We started to joke that he wasn't actually on vacation with us, he was just this weird guy who followed us around)
Now, who was this character we were about to meet??

That's right ladies & gents! The Fairy Godmother! The one & only!! She was awesome! While we were schticking & posing for pics, she made sure to ask each & every one of us who we were looking most forward to meet, and then made sure that we did, in fact, know where to find them! Yay!! Magical moment #3

After sending well wishes to the Godmother, we were once again on our way over to brave the wildest ride in the west! But we couldn't help stopping for some pics on the way. Amy, of course, loving the Peter Pan!

And, boys will be boys...we were hoping they wouldn't get into too much trouble this trip...hopefully they wouldn't end up in these:

Annnddd....gymnasts will be gymnasts...hey...sometime you get so excited to just want to do cartwheels, who was I to hold back?! (so if you saw a girl doing cartwheels in Frontierland on Sept 14th...yup..that would have been me!)

We finally reached our destination!! We chose BTMR to do first, deciding that getting wet could wait 2 minutes. And yes, I mean two minutes. There was no line for Big Thunder, we quite literally walked on!!

We grabbed a couple of pics, and then went off!! Now, I don't really think this ride lives up to his "wildest" repuation. I don't know if it's always like that, or if something was going on this morning, but the train kept slowing down all the time, and it wasn't huugeely fun for any of us. AND! I braved my first Disney coaster!! (I had done Splash last time, that was it) *high fives all around*

Luckily, we had our fun on Splash next!

This is probably my favorite ride in Magic Kingdom, there's so much to it, so much "attraction" paired with the "thrill" of the drops that go with it. It's always one of the rides that makes me think "holy crap this ride is huge" like, how much space it takes up inside, WHERE DOES IT GO?!?! Who knows... mind. blown. Something Amy taught me as well (which works for all coasters) if you look straight forward on the drop, instead of down, it makes it way more intense!

We were supposed to be in the 3rd & 4th row, but the family in the first 2 didn't want to get soaked, so Amy & Nick were in front, with Tyler & I in the back. Let me tell you, that family made the right choice! Amy & Nick came out soaked!!

(And yes, you'll be seeing lots of those "redneck" photos of the ride photos in this TR)

-----------------------
Now, I will have to leave you there for tonight (just imagine being stuck right before the drop on splash while you wait!) for it is time for some sleep before a long double shift at work tomorrow. Hopefully I can update before then!

Hope you're enjoying so far, and all you lurkers!! Come out & say hi! Let's hear what you have to say/think!? (Also, Nick, Tyler & Amy, if you're out there, feel free to pop in & put in some input for what's been told up to this point, and yes, I've re-arrange the order in a couple of places, but that's fine. No book ever made it perfectly accurate into a movie, right? heehee)

Old 09-23-2011, 02:01 AM   #9
katt789
DIS Veteran

WOW!! SO I just need to let you all in on a little fact. I was typing up this update on my computer, when it decided that I didn’t have enough battery power after spending 2 hours uploading & resizing photos. I attempted to update from my Iphone, thought it was working, but couldn’t copy & paste the photo links, and thought I had lost the update for once & all. Low & behold, I turn on my computer, and the update’s still here! Just waiting for me to finish it! HECK! YES!

Where I left off, we had just ridden Splash & Big Thunder Mountains, and walked on each. At this point, I'm pretty sure that we walked on Splash again, and rode in the front rows, again, let me tell you, going straight to Frontierland & beating the crowds & lines was the best idea!

After finishing Frontierland (we decided that if we wanted to do Country Bears, we'd come back later) we headed over to Adventureland, stopping first to cruise through the seas & battle some Pirates!!

I love this ride. I love pirates, I love the movies, I dunno, some weird obsession (and honestly, it has little to nothing to do with Johnny Depp's level of attraction) it's the whole idea of pirates & the awesomeness of them that lures me in. They’re so…bad! Haha

After braving the 7 seas & facing off against some fearsome lads in desperate need of a shower & some vitamin C, we headed into Agrabah! As our touring plans for this trip planned on doing absolutely everything, we jumped into line for what I believe most think is a “little kid” ride.

I can only assume that such an experience would be much more thrilling at night, while Aladdin convinces you to love him through song. *swoon*

However, it was still fun! The boys were in the front, and had control of how high we were going, but Amy & I spent the majority of the ride trying to figure out what the heck the button in the back of the carpet does?! We thought maybe it made the camel spit, but we’re sure that’s not it…anyone know?? We concluded that it was put there to make the lil’ ones who get stuck sitting in the back that they’re contributing something cool too!

We stepped off of our carpets & poked our head into the Jungle beside us, seeing that the wait time was a little too long for our liking, we continued onward, with tasty treats on our horizon! Can you guess what we had??

DOLE WHIPS! That’s right!! Now, at this point, it was only about 11:00, maybe even only 10:30, but hey! When on vacation, you can have ice cream for breakfast right?! (At least...us who didn’t come our parents can!) Delicious! Amy had the orange ice cream, which was actually reeeeally good too! I think I prefer the pineapple vanilla swirl over the float, it’s just a bit too much pineapple for me, I dunno, I’m an odd duck.

As we were devouring our ice creams (they were melting extremely fast!) Nick pointed out the “Disney Fairies This Way” sign, and I had to stop! Thinking that the veranda was where they were, we moved that way, only to notice a certain Prince & Princess in that direction, and I was QUITE alright with stopping.

As you may have been told, Ariel is my favourite princess, hands down. WHO, that grew up in the 90’s, didn’t swim around swimming pools with their legs together pretending they were a mermaid? Who didn’t sing her ah-ah-ah song (the one while Ursala takes her voice) Well, not only was she there, but she was with Prince Eric! (dreamboat!!)

Unfortunately, all of these photos are on the photopass (and there are some great ones!) But I have to say, this was one of the best character interactions of the trip! The characters can either really live up to their roles, or just not be that great, and this was an example of the first.

I jumped up like a little girl to finally meet them! After Ariel signed my book, I asked for a hug, we attempted, and Prince Eric jumped in to save the day (naturally), saying he’d take the book so we could get a real hug! (Which there’s an awesome photo of!).
While we talked, Ariel said something about me being Canadian, to which Eric & I were both confused, Eric asked “does she just *look* Canadian” to which Ariel said “of course!” She was great!! We took some pics just the 3 of us, before the rest of the group jumped in. They were great at instigating conversation & schtick & such. Ariel noticed we had a total of 3 guys & 3 girls, and made sure we got a picture of the boys looking heroic & the girls swooning over them..

I’ll post the pics as soon as I can! It was definitely a blast of an experience!! I later realized that the bag I carry in the parks is a Roots bag, which is a big brand up here in Canada, and realized that Ariel must have a rather good Canadian friend that would have noticed such a thing & made a connection. It made it just *that* much more magical that she just appeared to know where I was from, it was fantastic! Magical Moment #4.

On our way out of the veranda, we saw that the wait time was short for fairies, and I said I was going to jump in it, whether everyone else was or not, so we did! When we were last there in May, and I longed to meet Tink (though honestly, as I said earlier, I prefer the Peter Pan Tink to the new movies Tink,) but I still love her & her fairy friends. Vidia has the feisty-ness that I like, and I love Rosetta partly because she’s voiced by Kristen Chenoweth, and partially because before the movies came out, I played a fairy at work, “Teensie-Bell”, Tink’s little sister, who was a red-head (back when I was) and had a pink outfit, then I saw Rosetta! Who knew!?

Our group was the only one above the age of 18 without a small child with us, embarrassing? Never! (as there were many points that that was the trend on this trip ) There were a couple of little ones dressed up like Tink, and one was JUST ADORABLE, her dress was amazing too, almost better than the real Tink. We made sure to show our excitement!

Or…lack there of in some cases…soon enough, we were shrunk down to size & let into Pixie Hollow, where, who should we find, but two of my favourites!!

I obviously knew Tink would be in there, but didn’t know which one of her friends would be, and was happy to see Rosetta in with her. Rosetta was great, not overly schticky, but I didn’t really know what to say to any of the fairies, it’s a little different than Princesses who I grew up knowing. But she was talkative, made sure to be super nice & friendly, talk about flowers, etc. I liked her!

We grabbed a group shot, and moved over to Tink. (It was about this point in the trip that I started trying to pay attention to how tall I was next to the characters, and whether or not they were wearing heels. Height plays a big role in who you can be “best friends” with at Disney, and I’ve heard rumours of them “measuring down” or “up” people in order to fit. At 5’3’’ I *could* be measured down to 5’2’’ to fairy height, or stay there and be princess height. I noticed later in the trip, that height does vary too, as these fairies were both shorter than me, but some others were the same height. Who knows!?)

This was the point that I became a little disappointed (though thanks to the Ariel interaction, it wasn’t nearly as bad as it could have been!) I was so pumped to meet Tink, and this one just wasn’t that great. I can imagine sometimes it’s a little weird to have a group of people come in who are right around the same age as you, and understand where the awkwardness would come from, but this Tink just didn’t do it for me. She looked the part, and made sure to talk, but it was kind of just in-out-down kind of thing. (Sorry if this offends, but that’s just my experience)

Nick could tell I wasn’t really feelin’ it either, as he brought it up on the way out, but whatevs, sometimes things are hits, sometimes they’re misses, it’s all good!

Old 10-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #10
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Followed you over from my TR.

It's so true that being Canadians we are used to being out in a t-shirt in much cooler temperatures. I still LOVE the Florida heat though.

I love meeting characters, so I can't wait to read all about it.

POP is a GREAT resort, and so worth the price of staying there. and the 50s is such a nice location too.

Magic Kingdom rope drop show is so magical.

How lucky that your friend got to take a picture with Chip just strolling down Main Street AND you got FPs out of it!

I did not even see the Fairy Godmother on my last trip, would have loved to meet her.

Big Thunder Mountain doesn't really slow down much, maybe it wasn't working well that time?

I'm glad you had a great time meeting Ariel and that you had a nice conversation.

I too love that Vidia has a sort of mean streak to her. Fun!

I'm really enjoying all the pictures of you guys being super excited. It's great to see young adults letting go and having so much fun!

I'm jealous of your pics with Stitch. They're great! I love him, I want him to be swooning over me too.

I *think* Winnie and friends meet behind the Tea Cups now, but I'm not sure as I haven't actually seen them there.

Ok, gonna stop reading for tonight, and come back later this week to finish getting caught up.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #11
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I think that you're wanting to be a character right? Just not sure exactly what you're auditioning for. I wish you good luck though! You seem very positive and enthusiastic--very Disney to me .

Great updates, I don't have the patience to sit for 2 hours to wait for any show. We also encountered some confusion withe DDP icons. I found that as a general rule, if they have the icon next to a snack, they also do the meals.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #12
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Oh man! What an awesome TR! Reading it has helped killed most of my day at work today And im not even done reading yet. Very in depth
Old 10-05-2011, 11:33 AM   #13
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
Oh man! What an awesome TR! Reading it has helped killed most of my day at work today And im not even done reading yet. Very in depth
Yeah Canada!!! Haha, I do what I can to give as much info as possible, I love reading TRs, and using them to kind help plan what to do. I definitely discovered a lot of food things I had to try from other ones! (Tye dye cheesecake, dole whips, school bread!) Glad you're enjoying!!

Old 10-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #14
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm here! Followed you over from my TR.

Yay! More friends!

It's so true that being Canadians we are used to being out in a t-shirt in much cooler temperatures. I still LOVE the Florida heat though.

From the second I get off the plane I'm just in heaven!! I spent 3 months in Australia, and have loved it since! Living in Vancouver *almost* satisfied me, but I moved back
I love meeting characters, so I can't wait to read all about it.
Characters are def. my favorite part! In the end, we met all of them that are out doing greets on a regular basis (and some extras!)

I did not even see the Fairy Godmother on my last trip, would have loved to meet her.
We were lucky to meet her! Just around the corner of the castle, the opposite side of CRT, right in the morning. I'm pretty sure the Tremaines greet there sometimes too, but we never found them
Quote:
I think that you're wanting to be a character right? Just not sure exactly what you're auditioning for. I wish you good luck though! You seem very positive and enthusiastic--very Disney to me .
Yes! We're going down to a character/parade performer & character look alike audition. Both of us have dance backgrounds, so that might help with the parade portion It's an exciting process! Thanks!

Old 09-23-2011, 02:26 AM   #15
katt789
DIS Veteran

As you can probably tell, as I'm 5 updates in, and it's not even noon on the first day, there was A LOT of picture taking, and we did absolutely as much as we could!!

After finishing up with the fairies, we crossed the bridge into the main hub, and saw what we thought was a parade coming, so, the boys, being boys, ran across to the little island, trying to get across into Tomorrowland. We figured we could just cut across after the parade was past that spot...and then noticed...that it wasn't a parade...it was that little dance party thing that they do a bunch of times a day, and we were trapped!!! EGADS! Okay, okay, so it wasn't that bad, we joined right in! ...kind of...we took a lot of pictures of the party itself, and some of the things around us while we waited.

This is one of the best things about Disney, just being able to sit back, relax, and enjoy your surroundings, the place can be sooo much better if you just immerse yourself into it, let everything soak in & be amazing.

Mad Hatter!! Would we ever get to meet him!??

Amy & I had fun running around to all the boxes trying to guess who was going to pop up next, and where they would be, while Nick enjoyed watching this guy bust a move!

I give SUCH props to these performers. Obviously, everything at Disney requires so much work & effort, but I honestly think the ones in the parades get most of my appreciation. They're out there, in the beating hot sun, giving it their all, doing the same moves over & over again, and just ROCKIN IT!! (Not to mention, their make up & hair seems to stay perfect!)

Mr Incredible!! Tyler's a happy boy if we get to meet him sometime..here's hopin we do!

Nick's favorite dancer for one last pic before they take off back down Main St & through those magical doors that no one ever seems to see behind!

With our pathway cleared, we crossed the street, and headed over into a land of the future, where space rangers, aliens, monsters & mountains were waiting, just for us to experience them like they were made for!

Aaaaannnd here is where I leave you for tonight! It's been a long day, and 2 updates should be enough for now. I'm off to check out the Lion King in 3D tomorrow! YAY!! I'll make sure to keep ya updated!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: