Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Pregnancy Board!!

Hi all! Thought it'd be a nice place to meet other pregnant disney fans!

Just a few questions to get us started!

How far along are you? Do you have an idea for when you want to take the LO to Disney for the first time? When's your baby shower?

I'm 19w2d and pregnant with our first - a girl! We are so excited. It took us a while to conceive and finally did after having an HSG (clearing tubes) and on clomid for the 1st month.

Our plan is to take her to Disney next October, when she's about 8 months old - it also coincides with my 30th birthday.

And...baby shower is November 12th! Just gave my friend & mom (who are putting it on) the invite list. Should be fun, though they wouldn't do it the way I wanted (Jack & Jill/ guys & girls). I don't have that many girlfriends really (most women invited are DH's family), but adding in the guys brought the # attending from 30 to 60 and we've had a christmas party with 65 ppl before but never had 60 people all crammed into 1 room - so I think it'd be really tight. But I'm kinda bummed about it nonetheless. I'm due Feb 6th, so it's not like there's a chance of an outside baby shower. Oh well! Looking forward to it anyway.

-Lauren
Old 09-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
amylynne01
DIS Veteran

I'm almost 11wks due 4/6. It's our third baby, and we're hoping for a healthy baby - don't care about boy or girl. The plan is go to Disney in January 2013 when baby is 9 months old. I did not want to bring a baby younger than 6 months, so this is perfect. DDs will be just turned 5 and 3.5, which are IMO totally magical ages for Disney.
12/2011 SSR with no kids for our 5yr anniversary
1/2013 BLT for our first trip as a family of 5
8/2015 FW? Family reunion with my parents, sisters, and kids
12/2016 Poly? Celebrating our 10yr anniversary with our kids
amylynne01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
nickandlarisa
Mouseketeer

Love this! I'm 25 weeks, due December 27th. This is our first, a boy. Planning to take him to WDW next summer or fall, he will be 6-10months. Still deciding on what the best age will be! My baby shower is Oct. 9, it's Winnie the Pooh inspired. I made the invitations I will have to share. Little guy's room will also be Winnie the Pooh. DH and I went to WDW this year just a week after we found out I was pregnant, what a fun way to celebrate! We had the trip already booked about 6 months prior. We had a great time but if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't plan a trip during the first trimester, definitely had some morning sickness issues Without being too graphic, the best story involved me running off of the bus when it parked at Animal Kingdom one day, straight for a bush right outside the main gate. Luckily not too many people were around, but not exactly the kind of magical memories we usually have from our trips haha.

Anyway, We wanted to buy the baby a present when we were in WDW but had a hard time finding anything that wasn't gender specific, and obviously we didn't know yet if we were having a boy or a girl. So we settled on a giant stuffed Pooh bear and a Pooh storybook collection. So that inspired our nursery!

Thanks for starting this thread and congrats to everyone!!

{1986 - OffSite} {1993 -CBR} {July 2007 - POR Engagement} {July 2009 - POR & Wonder Disneymoon!} {May 2011 - POR} {New DVC Members!}
nickandlarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
stace1214
Mouseketeer

Hi! What a great idea! I'm just about 8wks pregnant with our second LO. My son will be 2 1/2 when the new baby arrives. We had planned on making our first trip to WDW with our son in February, but now we're going to wait until next Feb. Carter will be 3 1/2 and our baby will be about 10 months. Perfect ages! For those of you who are planning first trips around 8-10 months- that is the perfect time! I wish we had been able to go with our son at that time. They are so easy at that point and not wanting to get out of the stroller like they are a few months later. Good luck to you all!!
Stacey
Old 09-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Hey girls! Congrats on your pregnancies!!

Oooh baby themes!! Love winnie the pooh! Ours is an Under the Sea theme, which is also the baby shower theme. We have a number of finding nemo things - and if anyone is interested - we found the cutest green finding nemo onesie & bib at Disney last October! Totally gender neutral and it has the seagulls on it and says "Mine mine mine". So cute! It was the only gender neutral thing we found while there. Of course, we weren't preggo at the time, but we had planned to start trying during (TMI) that trip, hoping for a Disney baby LOL. Didn't work, but oh well...

Sorry to hear about the morning sickness!! I was really lucky - 1st trimester was just basically filled with food aversions. I didn't really want to eat anything, but nothing made me sick. I travelled to SC for a wedding and was worried about getting sick on the plane but was fine (at around 6 weeks).

How are you two doing in your first trimesters?
Old 09-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
aurora23
Mouseketeer

I am 13 weeks and am due around 03/18. I was hoping to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon this year, but I am pretty sure that won't be happening as I will be eight months pregnant. We are not planning our next Disney trip until sometime in 2013 most likely when the baby is a year or a year and a half, because of all the vacation and sick time my husband and I will have to use for maternity/paternity leave. We are also hoping to move closer to our families which will delay our trip. We are hoping to go before our child turns 2.

1989 Off Site; 1996 CBR; 2000 Off Site;
May 2007 CBR; January 2008 POP; September 2009 Honeymoon at POP; September 2010 POP

aurora23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:37 PM   #7
isugal72
Earning My Ears

Love this thread- currently expecting #2 Feb 8th.

Heading to Disney World Sept 30th with our 1 year old son

We also will have them 17 months apart not sure if we are finding out yet
isugal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:53 AM   #8
StuckInKS
DIS Veteran

I am 32 weeks and 3 days. We are having another boy and hope to go back again in May/June like we have for the past 3 years. This is our 6th child, so no baby shower for us.
StuckInKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #9
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Hi aurora23! Congrats on the pregnancy and getting into the 2nd trimester!! That was a huge deal for me, as I had a previous miscarriage in March.
Figment – good luck at the doc’s today!! That’s so awesome. We’ll be travelling around the same time, I keep looking for Disney trip reports with infants in them but they are few and far between. After all the searching, I’m pretty sure I’ve read every single one of them now! LOL
Steves1bear – yay! We can be due date buddies! LOL. That’s nice of your DH’s employer to pay for a flight every 3 years. Flights to the mainland have to be pretty expensive, esp when flying from Hawaii to Florida!
AZMermaid – congrats! February is a great month LOL. I’m jealous of your ability to visit DL so often. I grew up in CA and then Seattle and went to DL quite often until I finally saved enough money to go to WDW by myself when I was 18. I love it over there, and have gotten back to DL about once every 3 years (not enough!). Now I’m waiting for Cars land to open to return!
Rillsung – congrats!! Assuming you also live on the west coast? That’s so awesome about your back to back cruises!! F&W would be fun, esp with your DVC at BWV!
Smi727 – have a great time at your baby shower!! Give us details! LOL is it a girls only? How many ppl? I’m interested to know how well they stick to the registry. We registered at Babies R Us and Amazon and are really hoping NOT to get a ton of adorable outfits and instead the stuff we need. Lots of girls!
Jessicajdesigns- thanks!! Hopefully this will stick around as Disney preggo ladies should be around for a while LOL
PrincessSteph! Yay for 20 weeks! Can’t wait to make the halfway mark next Monday! Hehe. Another girl! Yay!
isugal72 – woohoo another Feb baby! That was my original due date, and actually prob should be my actual due date, but we had a couple US’s measuring at Feb 6th, and it’s a special day bc it is my late-Granddad’s birthday so we are keeping it at that haha. You’ll be there a week before us! We are heading there Oct 4th (my 30th birthday will be Oct 5th).
Sarah Rose – congrats on the new little one!! I can’t believe you ran the marathon at 35 weeks pregnant. That’s ridiculous!! I can’t even imagine.
StuckInKS – congrats! You’re almost there! Sorry I didn’t think about the ppl who weren’t having baby showers LOL.

AFM – we had our anatomy ultrasound and they need us back to look at the spine bc they couldn’t get a clear picture (she wasn’t being very cooperative).
For those of you with DVC – what would you say is your fave resort for an infant? We have considered buying in but I can’t decide on the resort, and also with Disney’s stupid rule about being unable to use the points to transfer to other resorts around the world if you buy resale, we might never buy in. But we do rent points. Last time it was for BCV and we loved it, and next trip DH wants to go to VWL. I’d love to try out BLT. Currently our fave park is EPCOT but I think that might change to MK with a little one!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #10
nickandlarisa
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=For those of you with DVC – what would you say is your fave resort for an infant? We have considered buying in but I can’t decide on the resort, and also with Disney’s stupid rule about being unable to use the points to transfer to other resorts around the world if you buy resale, we might never buy in. But we do rent points. Last time it was for BCV and we loved it, and next trip DH wants to go to VWL. I’d love to try out BLT. Currently our fave park is EPCOT but I think that might change to MK with a little one![/QUOTE]

Not much of an expert here since we just joined DVC but we bought directly through Disney. Purchased Saratoga Springs because it was the cheapest per point. Planning to stay next year at BLT with the baby since we can easily walk to MK. Once he is a little older we will try Animal Kingdom Lodge, we think seeing the animals will be fun for the little guy!

Congrats again to everyone on this thread! Would love to see some pics of Disney themed nurseries and baby showers!!

{1986 - OffSite} {1993 -CBR} {July 2007 - POR Engagement} {July 2009 - POR & Wonder Disneymoon!} {May 2011 - POR} {New DVC Members!}
nickandlarisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
rillsung
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Rillsung – congrats!! Assuming you also live on the west coast? That’s so awesome about your back to back cruises!! F&W would be fun, esp with your DVC at BWV!
AFM – we had our anatomy ultrasound and they need us back to look at the spine bc they couldn’t get a clear picture (she wasn’t being very cooperative).
For those of you with DVC – what would you say is your fave resort for an infant? We have considered buying in but I can’t decide on the resort, and also with Disney’s stupid rule about being unable to use the points to transfer to other resorts around the world if you buy resale, we might never buy in. But we do rent points. Last time it was for BCV and we loved it, and next trip DH wants to go to VWL. I’d love to try out BLT. Currently our fave park is EPCOT but I think that might change to MK with a little one!
We live smack in the center in New Mexico. It's not easy to get to Disneyland or Disney World!

We had to go back for the spine measurement too!

We bought resale right before they changed the rule (one contract was completed last November and one in February). Honestly the new rule stinks a bit, but it's not really a good exchange to use them outside of the DVC resorts anyway. Heck we basicly got the points for half of what Disney was selling direct. We gave what we thought was a lowball offer on both contracts and both times they were just accepted. Well the second contract took the 3rd person to just accept. Our fave park is still Epcot, but we do spend a LOT more time at the Magic Kingdom than we used to with the little ones We have only stayed at SSR so I'm not an expert either on the best resort for little kids

rillsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #12
Binkrin
Mouseketeer
No longer tagless
Thank goodness I am not a weirdo. I was starting to think so...

Hi Ladies! Congrats to everyone!

I am 7 weeks today, with our 2nd. I have my first sonogram today. I am terrified because I was pregnant in December and we lost it at 7 weeks. I see some of you took Clomid, we also used Clomid this time around and concieved our 2nd round.

We leave for Disney on Sunday. DD is only 1, but I think she is going to have a blast!
Binkrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:43 AM   #13
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Goofy, Rebecca, and mum1 – congrats!!
NYEmomma – good luck!! I absolutely hated those 8 months or so, let’s hope your clomid cycle does the trick for you! Are you temping? I had a miscarriage in March, a really long annoying cycle in April, and then in May got preggo after the oddest cycle ever. I was temping but it was pointless, never even got a +OPK (for the first time), and got preggo LOL. Not what I expected!
Nickandlarisa –I loved AKV. Don’t think I mentioned that we spent a night there last trip (1 night AKV, 9 nights BCV). DH, not as much for some reason. But he absolutely loved the VWL…?? IDK. Anyway that’s sort of why we want to try out VWL next time – boat trip to MK sounds pretty sweet, but the BLT is even more convenient. Through my work, I can get a 2 BR condo at one of many resorts nearby for like $320 per week, so we are going to do that next trip, but just add on 2 nights before the sat-sat rental and stay somewhere on property (VWL or BLT prob). I hope to quit working at some point (prob when we have our 2nd child) and won’t have that opportunity again, though I hate the thought of being off property. We always rent a car so at least that won’t change…
Rillsung – good timing for resale! It’s true it’s not the best use of points, but, at least the last time we talked about it, DH was considering the idea because we didn’t HAVE to use the points at Disney. Though, I will say he is really coming around to the idea of Disney more frequently. Recently he sent me an email at work (we email all day long LOL) and said he wishes we could be going to Disney soon, which made me very happy. So maybe he’ll come around and won’t need to use the points elsewhere. Besides, there’s always Aulani, Vero Beach, and Hilton Head!!
Binkrin – good luck today! Come back and update us! This is what the board is here for  I really hope everything goes well, and sorry to hear about your previous miscarriage. In March I never heard the HB, so this time around I got in at like 5w6d hoping to hear it and we did, so that made things sooo much more exciting and real for us. And…have a great vacation!! Let us know how vacationing with a 1 year old is!!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #14
Hbelton07
Faith, trust, and pixie dust!

31 weeks here!! With our third boy!! Mabye we'll get a little princess eventually. We took a WDW trip with the boys in May, and plan on a DCL/WDW around this baby's 1st birthday, but I doubt I can wait that long Maybe, around 9 months.... that's how old my ODS was on his first cruise and he loved it! No baby shower for us either, although DH made me register any way because some of the women in his office were asking what they could get us. He thinks they are up to something I guess we'll see!

DH Me DS (4 1/2) DS (3) DS (1 1/2)

"If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney
Hbelton07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #15
Disney_Tall_Mommy
Earning My Ears

April Here

I am 10 weeks along. Due April 14th, but will be having a c-section one week prior. We are not finding out what we are having. This will be our second child. Our little girl will be 7 when the baby is born. We are actually heading to Disney in a couple weeks. I'm hoping I'm not too naseaus to enjoy the trip since it will be a while before we go back. We first took our daughter when she was 3 as a "potty training" present. I'll probably do the same for this one.

May 2006-Animal Kingdom Lodge (just dh and me)
May 2007-Portofino at Universal
April 2008-7 night Eastern Cruise Disney Magic(Thanks mom and dad)
October 2008-Caribbean Resort (daughter's 1st trip)
February 2009-Coronado Springs (solo trip-escape the Ohio winter)
February 2010-French Quarter-(hubby, daughter and mother-in-law)
Sept/Oct 2011- Pop Century? (hubby, daughter and mother-in law?)
Disney_Tall_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: