Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Our Disney Trip to Sara-topia! Sept/Oct MNSSHP & F&W trip(link to dining review 11/1)

Hey Y'all !! Welcome to our Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party and Food and Wine trip report. We leave in 10 days and we are getting REAL excited !! Here are the cast of Characters:

Me - 43 yr old Mother of two. Irrigation Designer by day and Disney zealot by night. Also in this photo my DS12.

Also, along on the trip, my DD9 and DH

up next ..... our itinerary and ADR's

Last edited by jecskc; 11-01-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Trip Itinerary

Here's our schedule for the trip:

September 24
  • Drop off the dog, have breakfast and hit the road. WDW is about 7.5 hours from our house. But ....DH can make it in 6 hours
  • Check in at Pop Century. Get settled in and explore the resort. Maybe go swimming.
  • Watch football. Our team, the South Carolina Gamecocks play Vanderbilt.

September 25
  • Get breakfast at Everything POP
  • Check out and head over to Animal Kingdom
  • Enjoy the park, leave about 2:00 PM or 3:00 PM and head over to our next resort to check in. We are staying at an RCI resort for about 4 nights. This resort stay is part of a cruise package that we purchased last year. We take the cruise in April. Five days on the Disney Dream. Very exciting !! We have stayed here before and it is very nice.
  • Dinner ADR at the Grand Floridian Cafe at 6:45 PM

September 26
  • Epcot - Future World. Our plan is just to tour Future World on this day. Touring Epcot all day is just too tiring, so now we split it up so we aren't so exhausted.

September 27
  • Sleep in at the resort. Rest
  • Head over to MK at 4:00 PM for MNSSHP. This will be our first party. We are VERY excited about this.

September 28
  • Typhoon Lagoon
  • Fantasmic

September 29
  • Sleep in. Check out of Silver Lake and check in at Saratoga Springs. We had the Silver Lake resort until Sunday, but I just HAD to try out our new DVC membership, so we are staying at Saratoga Springs that last three nights
  • Dinner at Whispering Canyon 6:25 PM

September 30
  • Breakfast at Kona 7:30 AM
  • Epcot - Food and Wine - enough said

October 1
  • Magic Kingdom for the 40 year anniversary. One of my besties and her daughter will meet us there that day.
  • Lunch at Tony's at noon

October 2
  • check out
  • Hollywood Studios
  • Head home

Last edited by jecskc; 10-17-2011 at 04:32 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Mnsshp

We are very excited about MNSSHP. DD9 wants to be Alice and we plan on buying her Alice costume at the UK in Epcot. Maybe we will do this the first night we are there.

DH, DS12 and myself plan on wearing these shirts

I also ordered some string backpacks for the kids to use as treat bags for MNSSHP. I figure we can just carry them into the park in our backpack and the kids can wear them when the party starts and use them for trick or treating.

Last edited by jecskc; 09-13-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
jecskc
DIS Veteran

T-shirts

So we have been making T-shirts. I have been looking at the Creative DISigns thread and I found some really cool transfers.

Here are some of the ones we are doing

On a blue shirt

On a white shirt

On a pink shirt

And on a purple shirt

I changed the zero to a one in Photoshop.

So fun stuff to pass the time until our trip. Which is in TEN days !!!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

LOVE the Mickey head Halloween shirts! Normally DD dresses up for MNSSHP, but this year has decided against it opting for a really cute Halloween t-shirt we saw at Justice and a super cute ear headband with a witches hat and braids. I'm wearing this shirt and a Minnie witch hat!

[IMG][/IMG]

I really think you should add HDDR to your 10/1 itinerary! We could probably work it to sit together. Sigh. One day we'll all get to go together...if we can actually end up planning trips where we are both there more than one day that is!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #6
jecskc
DIS Veteran

OMG !! I LOVE that shirt !! Where did you get that ??? I wish we could to Hoop De Doo with you as well. I know DH nad the kids would LOVE it !! But alas, we have lunch at Tony's that day, I think. Are you eating there 10/1 or 9/30 ?? Our next two trips are Nov 22-27 and April 6-10 ... BE THERE !!!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #7
disneygirl66
Earning My Ears

Hi there!! I have not been on the boards in awhile but i needed my Disney fix so I popped on today & I have to say I love love loved your previous trip report. Congrats on the DVC purchase..we were there back in July & also did the tour. I am getting closer to getting my DVC..just want to pay down some bills then I am all set!! I am looking forward to your next trip report!! Have a wonderful trip!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl66 View Post
Hi there!! I have not been on the boards in awhile but i needed my Disney fix so I popped on today & I have to say I love love loved your previous trip report. Congrats on the DVC purchase..we were there back in July & also did the tour. I am getting closer to getting my DVC..just want to pay down some bills then I am all set!! I am looking forward to your next trip report!! Have a wonderful trip!!!
I'm so happy you enjoyed my other TR, It was so much fun to write !! We leave on Saturday and we are BEYOND excited. Be ready for more of the same in this TR when we get back !!

Last edited by jecskc; 09-22-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
jecskc
DIS Veteran

So i am packing tonight. About 80% done. Finishing up some laundry as well. Then one more day of work tomorrow. Tennis with the kids after work and then back home to finalize packing. And then on Saturday, as early as I can get DH out the door, we are leaving - YAY

PS - Tomorrow is going to be the longest day EVER !!!

Last edited by jecskc; 09-22-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:55 AM   #10
jecskc
DIS Veteran

So I'm sitting here STARVING waiting for DH and DD to come back home after dropping off the dog. When they get here, we will all get in the car, eat breakfast at Waffle House and head out of town. I HATE waiting !!! I wanna leave NOW !!!

So in about 7-8 hours ..... we'll be pulling into the Pop Century parking lot - YAY !!!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #11
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Since I passed my time waiting for my last trip by reading your last report I figured I'd pass the time for my next trips with this one which is next week. Yep in under 15 days from returning the hampsters were spinning on how to convince DH to go back for Christmas. Then a little slip to my MIL about how we could do it super cheap and 3 days later DH caved and we are booked to go over Thanksgiving weekend with MIL.

I can't wait to read about all your experiences since we were there the same time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: