Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Planning Journal Directory:
About Us--> just scroll down!
Wedding Plans!
The DRESS! And, other Wedding Attire!
Floral/Decor Inspiration + Wedding Bands AND Disney Store Swag!
First Dress Fitting, my Headband, and our Welcome Bag bags!
Buttons (Just Married?!) Galore, Ears, the MENU, and the Videographer!
Tentative Wedding Weekend Plans! Plus, I Need Your Opinions! And, a brief Honeymoon update!
Mr. and Mrs. Exit Ideas!
Engagement Picture Plans, Sand Ceremony Vase, and Bridal Party Decisions!
Upcoming EPCOT Trip and Cake Ideas!
EPCOT Mini-TR!
Current Budget-- Updated 10/30/12!
The Invites, Apartment Progress and... PUPPIES!
Engagement Pictures Sneak Peek!
My (Dorky) Holiday Greetings Video, Our Colors, and December Trip Plans!
The One Year Mark (and our 6 year anniversary!), Possible Favors, and Christmas Wishes!
ALL 300 of our Engagement Pictures are Here!
Last Week's Planning Session, a Fun Surprise, and THIS Week's Trip's Plans!
Hair Trial, Cake Tasting, Mom's Birthday, and SHANNON LOVE!!
Save the Dates and This Weekend's Disney Trip Plans!
A Few Wedding Checks, a Question, and a Life Update!
DIY Plans!
Princess Marathon Weekend Plans!
Princess Marathon Weekend TR Part 1!, Princess Marathon Weekend TR Part 2!, Princess Marathon Weekend TR Part 2 Continued and HAIR TRIAL!

A Few Small Updates (and Ch-Ch-Changes!)!
Mini Updates-- Hair/Makeup, Our Registries, the Bridal Party, and a Schedule! + More!
Bridal Shower Plans and Random Bits of Wedding Updates!
Expedition Everest Challenge Plans and a Bridesmaid Dress Dilemma (and solution?)!
7 MONTH MARK! EEC TR, Wedding Accommodations, and Personal News!
{almost}6 Month Mark Update! DIYs, Shower, Gifts, and MOAAR!
Teresa's Wedding Recap & My Wedding Updates (FINALIZED favors, rehearsal plans, officiant, gifts+!)!
Almost 2-Month Update!
Floral Order and Quote!
Groom Ear Hat, Cardbox/Mailbox, Rehearsal Deets, and 2 months!
2 Weeks to Go!
Vendor Reviews, Picture Preview, and Video Trailer!

My Vendors:
Venue: Disney's Swan Resort
Wedding Planner: Diana with Just Marry!
Reception: The Swan's Garden Grove
Photographer: Poirier Wedding Photography
Videographer: Paul Duhon of PD Weddings
Officiant: Rev. Tim Herring
Violinist: ??
Bridal Attire: For the Bride in Ft. Myers, FL. (Dress designer: Essence of Australia)
Rehearsal Dinner Dress: Tadashi Shoji
Invites: Michaels
Save the Dates: Wedding Paper Divas
Baker: It's Tasty Too!
Hair/Makeup: Beaute Speciale (Jessia T for hair)
Bridal Shower Invites: Etsy Seller-- Blue Sugar Press
Custom Hangers: Etsy Seller-- http://www.etsy.com/shop/EricaMayMade

Hi!

I have been a longtime lurker on the DIS boards for a while now but finally decided to become a member and start a PJ because WE'RE GETTING MARRIED AT DISNEY WORLD! But you already knew that... Onto the important stuff!!

Faith:

I am a social studies teacher! I love to think about Disney, go to Disney, talk about Disney, etc. When I'm not busy with that or school, I like to read, talk about Harry Potter () watch movies, pretend that I am a good scrapbooker, and sing in my car shamelessly, dancing included.

My favorite Princess is Rapunzel and my two other favorite Disney characters are: Daisy Duck and Remy!

Max:

Max graduated with his BA in Political Science in the Summer of 2010. He now works as a loan modifier for a financial company! He loves playing videogames, watching movies, Star Wars, animation, Disney World, and just having fun. Seriously, this guy takes fun pretty seriously.

His favorite characters.. well, are undecided. He simply can't pick! His favorite character (that he can list!) is Donald Duck!

About Us:

We owe everything to our Mommas. My mom and Max's mom worked at the same school for 2 years, and that is how we met! Typically, my mom's teaching department would hold parties where teachers would bring their families and everyone would chat, have fun, etc.

Max and I met at one of these parties when I was 11. We never spoke to each other that night (he was "too cool", and so was I! ) but we later both agreed that we thought the other was cute.

I became good friends with Max's sister and started seeing more of Max. We became friends, starting talking, etc. You know what happens next...

Well, on December 22, 2005, Max sent me a MySpace message telling me he loved me and wanted me to be his girlfriend. After all these years, I felt the same way. I responded and we've been together ever since!! We will be getting married on our 7 year anniversary!

We love just being together, having fun, being silly. We really are best friends and I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else.

We are lucky enough to get to Disney World pretty often. We live about 2 and a half hours away and are DVC members. Expect lots of mini-TRs from me between now and the wedding!

The Proposal:
A little backstory is in order before I continue with the proposal story.. Max and I have always known that we would get married one day. On October 14th of 2006, Max asked me if I'd marry him one day. I said yes.

Fast forward to October 14, 2010...
Our proposal was perfect and exactly what I wanted. Quiet, and just the two of us. Max picked me up after work to go spend the evening with him and told me there was "something" he needed to put away when we got home. I had no clue what was going on but thought it was weird he announced this. Whatever.

We get home, he goes to put this "something" away.. in the dining room. I follow him because what is he doing?! (Did I mention that sometimes I think I'm Nancy Drew?).. as soon as I see the dining room, I start crying.

On the wall, he printed out a bunch of pictures of us from last 5 years and has the words "Will You Marry Me" printed on sheets on paper.

... Max got down on one knee (and said something sweet that I don't really remember) and asked if I would marry him? I said yes!! We cried, called everyone that we needed to call, changed our Facebooks ().. then ordered pizza and watched a movie!!

It was perfect! My ring is beautiful.. here it is:

I am so happy that Max and I are one step closer to being Mr. and Mrs.!

Well, that's about all I can write today as I need to leave for work soon (I work Part-Time at Hallmark), but I will probably be posting pretty regularly. I have lots of wedding things to show already, and quite a few Disney trips coming up!

Up Next: Our Wedding Plans.. and "You already have a wedding planned in South Florida?!"

Last edited by MrsDuck; 09-04-2013 at 09:47 PM.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
gertiesquidge
Mouseketeer

Hi Mrs Duck,
What a lovely story Congratulations on your engagement and your upcoming wedding

I can't wait to hear more of your plans and about your trips to WDW, you are so lucky to be able to visit so often

Best wishes
Gertiesquidge
gertiesquidge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Faith sweetie - Yay!!! You started a PJ!!!!
Looking forward to following along!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Hiya Faith!

Congratulations on the engagement and the upcoming wedding.

I'll def be subbing in to your PJ, have fun with your planning, can't wait to hear more
Old 09-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Hello, Faith!

You two are so adorable!
I can't wait to read more about your plans--I love the locations you've chosen!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Thanks for reading along everyone!

Last edited by MrsDuck; 09-04-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #7
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Thanks for reading along everyone!
Count me in too!!! Love the avatar!! Cute couple in real life too

Like your date!
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
DisneyBride'03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #8
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

That's so great you were able to find the buttons! That reminds me to ask for some Celebrating buttons when I'm down next month! Did you get them at your hotel or the parks?

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

Hi! Yes, the engagement party went very well, the confession not so much...but oh well Life is funny. Thanks, I am super excited about the dress!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #10
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Oh my goodness, Faith--Sparkly things!!!

What about throwing sequins or metallic confetti? They wouldn't be as messy as glitter, but they're still sparkly!!!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #11
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post

I am a student studying to become a Social Studies teacher but my passion really lies in Reading. I graduate 2 WEEKS before the wedding () and hope to get a job, then go to grad school to get my Master's in Reading Education. I love to think about Disney, go to Disney, talk about Disney, etc. When I'm not busy with that or school, I like to read, talk about Harry Potter () watch movies, pretend that I am a good scrapbooker, and sing in my car shamelessly, dancing included.
I see you on the facebook group all the time so I had to come and check out your PJ! I am so glad I did because I can already tell from this description about yourself that we have a lot in common! My passion is in reading as well - I'm a certified English teacher but currently getting my master's to become a librarian I am a huge Harry Potter nerd! (and obviously Disney too!) I love scrapbooking, I sing in my car and my house all the time... okay, basically that entire description of you could be applied to me, lol!

Anyhow, I am off to read the rest of your PJ
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #12
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Your venues look beautiful. If I had been able to have a Disney wedding I would have done it at the Swan/Dolphin too! Just seems like a really good option. Your dress is stunning and it looks fantastic on you - I love the ruffles/layers on the bottom!

I also really like the use of lanterns to decorate. You said your favorite princess was Rapunzel and having lanterns reminds me a lot of the scene in Tangled. I think that's very cool

I'm with you on the Disney dolls - I love the concept art but not crazy about how it actually looks on the dolls. I wish I'd gotten a mug, now my Disney store only has the journals and nail polish left. I love the designs for Belle, Rapunzel, Tiana, and Pocahontas.

Umm I love your post about the buttons!! I had just bought them off of ebay because I didn't want to take any chances once we got down there. I'm not sure how they are going to redesign the buttons either - probably in a way like the Happily ever After buttons, so you don't see any people? Or put a wedding cake or something on the button. But I don't understand why they didn't just take the Happily Ever After design and use that for Just Married! And your collection of I'm Celebrating buttons... I love them all lined up on the bed! Too funny

I also agree about the bridal party - I was worried too but we managed not to step on any toes! I was afraid my (half) sister would be offended that I didn't make her MOH, but she was surprised that I even asked her to be a bridesmaid! So it all worked out.
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:04 AM   #13
Crofttobe
Earning My Ears

Your entire thread is EXTREMELY helpful, I'm getting married 12/16/12 and I can't wait to get more info/updates! Love it, and congrats!

WJ:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2941365
Crofttobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
goodmorningirl
Mouseketeer

Hi Faith! It's been a while since I joined in, but I'm back and I've caught up! You've done so much and your wedding is so close! I think the aqua and white is going to be really beautiful and the red could work too. I have something (can't think of what right now) that has an aqua blue background with a red piece of coral and it is very chic. lol You are so brave to do that Everest run in your cast! I can't imagine. You and Max are so cute together. I love reading your updates!
goodmorningirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #15
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

6 Month Mark Update!!

Holy Gucamole, girls! It's 6 months for me {tomorrow}!! I cannot believe how quickly time is going by. I'm so excited!

I figured it was time for an update so here we go!

First, I've been starting to accumulate DIY materials. So far I know I'm making...
1. A newsletter {it's actually done and sent- pics later!}
2. A cardbox
3. A "Thank You" sign to hold up for pictures
4. Programs
5. Welcome bag stuff

and I think that's it. For now...

I slaved away over my stupid newsletter. It started out as a 5 page newsletter and then I managed to cut it down to a brochure. Here it is!:

The problem? On the first page I forgot to add the word "outside". So, we have a sentence that says something along the lines of "Please be sure to bring a sweater as our reception will be held"

I was FURIOUS when I saw the mistake {after I printed 60 on the laser printer} and just chose to send them regardless. A few of our snarky friends have pointed out the mistake. Surprisingly, I don't care too terribly much

Next up is the Bridal Shower! My amazing MOH is really busy so my mom and I have been doing a bit of the planning. Honestly, it's been REALLY fun. I love having a wedding planner but it's fun to get a little more hands-on with the shower.

Here are the printed invites. We had them printed at Staples and when we went to pick them up we got them fo' free, y'all! I asked why and the lady said it was because they weren't finished in the time they told me. Funny thing is, they never told me when they'd be ready so yeaahh..

So, the newsletter and the shower invites were sent out together. We've gotten a couple RSVPs and the majority of them are "no"s. I figured we'd have a small turn out since the majority of our guests are OOTs. No biggie!

We went to the florist and decided on 5 topiaries for the shower. They'll be similar to this picture but they'll have 3 balls (? lol) instead of two:

The top will be pink lillies, the middle will be these green fuzzy things, and the bottom will be a mix of flowers that are pink, lime green, orange, and purple. I didn't specify the type of flower I wanted because I honestly don't care. I told the florist I just wanted something "fun, happy, and bright". Whatevs.

We just have to decide on games and then the shower is pretty much planned! YAY!

Next, I decided to ditch my old sand ceremony vase and get something BETTER. I saw this really cute idea of filling a shadow box with sand so I immediately ran my little (flattering myself) butt off to Michaels to pick a top-loading shadow box up. Here it is:

{I also broke a HUGE picture frame when I was at Michaels. OOPS.}

I figure we will put a picture in there and fill the sand a little less than half way up. Max is worried about how long we'll be pouring so I think we'll practice.

We can't decide if we want aqua and red sand or aqua and white sand. Such a crisis.

While I was at Michaels I picked up these goodies:

Organza bags for our Sprinkle toss!:

Aqua Ribbon for our ceremony lanterns:

Red Ribbon for decorating le Card Box/Fabric (from JoAnns):

Vases for the sand:

The Card Box:

I plan on starting the card box when my mom gets home from California next Friday. I don't think I could do it without her, lol! After she returns home from Cali, we are going to attempt the "Thank You" sign as well. I'm also printing my invites this summer just so I don't have to do it while I'm student teaching. Printing stuff stresses me out. All other wedding DIYs will probably have to wait until the Fall when we have things more finalized.

In other Wedding Related News: thanks to your encouragement I bought these super cute heart shoe clips for my shoesies! BIIG thanks to Victoria for her magical photoshopping (she put them right onto my shoes!). These remind me of the heart meter in the Legend of Zelda series- my favorite- and I felt that we needed to show a little more of a our geeky side:

I think I'll wear them for my shower as well. I think they'd go nicely with my Alice in Wonderland theme.

Speaking of geeky, our engagement pictures were featured on When Geeks Wed which is one of my favorite wedding sites. I love so many of the ideas on there and wish I could have a wedding like that {I think my old people that are invited would probably keel over and DIE}. Click the link after this to see the pictures and learn how nerdy we really are: http://whengeekswed.com/blog1/2012/0...ndy-adventure/

I'm going to Teresa's wedding next week! Woohoo! As many of you know, I was asked to step in for one of her Bridesmaids and am very excited to be involved! I bought a new black dress (no pics, sorry!) and new shoes. After breaking my foot wearing heels is KILLER. I got wedges. They'll have to cooperate or I'm going barefoot.

Next Saturday, my mom and I are driving up really early to get to the rehearsal. After the rehearsal lunch we'll check into OKW and then head over to the Garden Grove {our reception site} to verify we're all good with our reservation, etc since we'll be a little under 6 months at that point. That night we have no plans! I really want to just relax by the pool.

Sunday is the wedding! Woohoo! Monday we drive home. POO.

I will certainly update that next week with pictures and wedding deets! Look for me in the pictures, ladies!

Also, we decided on our favors! I wanted to do something really cute and fun but I decided it'd just be easier to go buy a crap-ton of the chocolate bars from DTD. So that's what we're doing. Yay cheap and easy!

I'm also making progress with my Bridesmaid Gifts! I ordered them customized hangers, got them pashminas in case it's cold, and am getting them each a magazine subscription. I may throw in a few other things but I think that's what they're getting. Wish I could give more but it's not in the budget!

I don't think I have anything else too exciting to tell you that's WR.

Let's see.. Non-Wedding Related...

1. Max is taking off tomorrow (6.22) since it's our 6.5 year anniversary but mostly because he has PTO that he'll lose if he doesn't use, lol. We're going to see the first showing of Brave tomorrow! I CANNOT WAIT. He is also taking off Monday. Since my parents are out of town, we get to play house which is always fun!

2. Um. I really want to try the Red Velvet pancakes at IHOP.

Okay, yeah. That's pretty much it!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll be back after Teresa's wedding to say hi and re-cap her day!

Thanks for reading along ladies!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: