Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
Katie In Wonderland
The Girl Who Waited - The First Born Princess of Dunbroch

Doctor Who merchandise at EPCOT?

Anyone who has been to EPCOT lately....do they sell any Doctor Who merchandise in England? especially David Tennant or Matt Smith?

Thanks for any replies
Current Theater Role - Mrs. Jefferson/Seasons of Love Soloist #2/Ensemble - Rent.

'94-Poly, '95 & '96-WL, '97-Bwalk Inn, '99-DXL, '00-CR, '01-Swan, Aug '02-CBR, Dec '02-POR, '03-Swan, '04-WL, '05-BC, '07 CBR/DCL Wonder, '08-ASMu, '09 CBR, '10 ASMu, '11-GF, '12-POR PR, Jan '13- POP, Oct '13 - POR PR, '14 - AoA (LM)

Katie-Louise (Me) and Mom (Zoo Keeper)
Katie In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

I don't know about that, although it would be interesting to know if they do (DT and PD fan here). But you can find Doctor Who merchandise from www.bbcamericashop.com and Think Geek's web sites.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
Katie In Wonderland

Thanks for answering :-) I've ordered from BBC America's shop before (and I'm still waiting for one of my items). My mom swears that she saw some last year in England but I don't remember it at all. If no one has any idea, I'll definately keep a look out for some. They really should sell it, I think, because Doctor Who is very popular over there and pretty popular here in the US.
Current Theater Role - Mrs. Jefferson/Seasons of Love Soloist #2/Ensemble - Rent.

'94-Poly, '95 & '96-WL, '97-Bwalk Inn, '99-DXL, '00-CR, '01-Swan, Aug '02-CBR, Dec '02-POR, '03-Swan, '04-WL, '05-BC, '07 CBR/DCL Wonder, '08-ASMu, '09 CBR, '10 ASMu, '11-GF, '12-POR PR, Jan '13- POP, Oct '13 - POR PR, '14 - AoA (LM)

Last edited by Katie In Wonderland; 08-13-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #4
softball chick
Flying through time and space in the Tardis with my Doctor
ALONS-Y!

I think I'd be one of the happiest girls in the universe if they sold Doctor Who stuff!

The Good Person of Sichuan ~ The Sound of Music ~ The Government Inspector ~ Annie ~ Macb*** ~ Life With Mother Superior ~ The Pajama Game ~ Funny as a Crutch ~ Once in a Lifetime ~ Dracula ~ Beauty and the Beast ~ [Insert Title Here]
softball chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
roxysmum123
DIS Veteran

Not that I've seen. Mostly tea, football, winnie the pooh and food items. Probably wouldn't sell Doctor Who because it isn't a Disney franchise (at least I don't think it is).... that'd be fantastic though.
roxysmum123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #6
kathyell
DIS Veteran

I haven't seen a single Doctor Who item, and I just walked through most of the shops in WC England two days ago. I'm a big DW fan and I would have to have been pretty spaced out to not notice DW merchandise.

That being said, maybe I was spaced out and someone will prove me wrong. I really didn't see any, though. Sorry.
kathyell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:51 AM   #7
DaniB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
I don't know about that, although it would be interesting to know if they do (DT and PD fan here). But you can find Doctor Who merchandise from www.bbcamericashop.com and Think Geek's web sites.
Thanks for the link! I'm going to order the disappearing tardis mug and the talking pen for my husband for Christmas!

Sept 14-23, 2010 - 9 nights CSR 1st family vacation (w/ free DDP)
DaniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:41 AM   #8
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniB View Post
Thanks for the link! I'm going to order the disappearing tardis mug and the talking pen for my husband for Christmas!
My DS has the mug - its really neat.

We are always wishing they would carry Dr. Who merchandise - I can't believe they don't. Maybe we all need to start asking for it .
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #9
mousefanMI
Earning My Ears

Hiya Whovians... This is a shot of my Who's Who T-shirt -- all eleven Doctors exiting the TARDIS in clown-car style -- that I got tons of compliments on while last at Epcot -- although Mulan seemed sort of oblivious to the whole thing.

http://gallery.me.com/johnhensler#10...&bgcolor=black
mousefanMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #10
Katie In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralpeg View Post
I have not seen any BBC merchandise at Epcot. Definitely no Dr. Who merchandise.
thanks for the info :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by softball chick View Post
Yay David Tennant lovers! He will forever be my Doctor!

That's awesome they have one their too! I'm usually a part of the one on the Teen Boards but I totally will have to check out the CB one too!
I like Tennant and Smith. My first Doctor was Smith though so I'm a bit parcial to him but I like both (My fav companions are Amy and Sarah Jane (I'm watching her adventures XD))

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyshawatl View Post
I always felt England in Epcot could use an old fashioned blue police box somewhere in it. They have the old style phone booths... It wouldn't have to be "officially" a Doctor Who prop (but all us Whovians would know it's the TARDIS).
I agree 100% with this. They definitely need one there

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniB View Post
That mug is cool. I have the TARDIS mug that I keep my tea bags in. I'm going to ask for the disappearing one for Christmas XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
My DS has the mug - its really neat.

We are always wishing they would carry Dr. Who merchandise - I can't believe they don't. Maybe we all need to start asking for it .
Disney and BBC need a partnership happening so the merchandise can be available

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefanMI View Post
Hiya Whovians... This is a shot of my Who's Who T-shirt -- all eleven Doctors exiting the TARDIS in clown-car style -- that I got tons of compliments on while last at Epcot -- although Mulan seemed sort of oblivious to the whole thing.

http://gallery.me.com/johnhensler#10...&bgcolor=black
Very cool shirt. Well, Mulan wouldn't really know what it is. I don't think she's encountered the doctor yet

Old 10-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #11
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

Ugh why does Dr. Who have to be talked about everywhere?

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

fadingjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie View Post

My DS is sitting beside me with his sonic screwdriver buzzing in my ear. If it bothers you to hear about Dr. Who, you probably shouldn't be on this thread (just kidding). Are there too many Who fans in your life?
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #13
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
My DS is sitting beside me with his sonic screwdriver buzzing in my ear. If it bothers you to hear about Dr. Who, you probably shouldn't be on this thread (just kidding). Are there too many Who fans in your life?
Yep too many. And it would be different if I resurrected a thread just to complain about it but I just happened to see it pop up as a current topic. I thought I was safe from Dr. Who here...

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

fadingjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #14
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Quote:
Because Dr. Who is awesome.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #15
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Quote:
Because he rocks.
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: