Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
KirstyLilian
Earning My Ears

Travelling with a toddler, and a disabled 4 year old

Hi all
We're heading to DLP for Christmas, and can't wait! We are two families travelling together, and will be staying in the Marriot village-d'ille-de-france, which is about 10 minutes away by car.
There will be 4 adults, and 4 children ages 9,8, 4 (disabled) and 2.

How can I prepare my 2 year old best? what are your experiences with taking children this age? And how will we find access, and being able to go on the rides with a disabled child?

All tips greatly appreciated!!

Also how far in advance do we need to book character lunches etc... it is chirtmas and new year week, should I be doing this now?!

oh and another also...what is car parking like? how much do we have to pay? etc...

we'll be getting 5 day hopper tickets so no pressure to spend all day every day there which will probably be too much for the two little ones (?)

Kirsty x
KirstyLilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:41 AM   #2
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Hi KirstyLilian,

Welcome to the Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board .

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

I have no experience of travelling to DLP with small children, but I know there are lots of folk here who will be along to help you with those questions .

You can book your restaurant tables up to 60 days in advance at DLP, for your group and for that time of year, I'd book up as soon as you can, once you've decided when you want to eat.

Instead of park hoppers for 5 days, you might want to consider annual passes - these give you discounts on food and souvenir shopping, and if you have Dream passes you get access to Extra Magic Hours, which gives you 2 extra hours in the main park to use the rides in Fantasyland and some rides in Discoveryland (very very useful with small children, as thats where most of their favourites will be). Have a look on DLRPMagic for their annual pass information.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2011, 04:58 AM   #3
KirstyLilian
Earning My Ears

Annual Pass

Wow thanks for the tip about the annual pass, it works out just £31 more expensive than the 5 day pass (with the get one day free) at the current exchange rate. The other discounts look very tempting though, so I'm just wondering, the discounts, for example at a restaurant...can the annual pass be used to get a discount on the total bill (so for all 8 of us) or would it just be for myself and my husband? (Our daughter doesn't need a pass as she's under 3)

Kirsty x
Old 08-12-2011, 06:13 AM   #4
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

yes, one annual pass can be used for your whole party for restaurant discount, if you're all paying on one bill .
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
jothp
Going to wash and hoover my car today in honour of the mouse

I would try to make sure your 2 year old is familiar with as many diney characters as possible. When our daughter was 2 she was very fussy about which characters she would meet but generally the more familiar she was with them the happier she was to see them. We also found it quite difficult to find suitable drinks to buy for her in the parks, most were sold in open topped bottles so we made sure we had drinks for her with us.

Also with the annual passes it may be cheaper to buy them before you go from a site like cemultivantages. There was quite a long thread about that site on here a couple of weeks ago.

Me DH dd(11)DD(9)DD(6)
Sequoia Lodge Jun 09; Sequoia Lodge May/Jun 10; Cheyenne Dec 10; Newport Bay May/Jun 11; Offsite Aug 11; Offsite and Disneyland Hotel Jun 12
jothp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
abbi02
Earning My Ears

Hi hope I can help a little we have a disabled daughter and were a little worried about how we would get on but we have found the CMs to be nothing but helpful. You can get a pass from city hall in Disneyland park or guest services in the studios this will entitle the disabled person and carers to go to the front of the queue or to get a fastpass on some rides. You will just have to show your blue badge or some other proof. This will also entitle you to go in a separate enclosure for the parades normally just one carer per person but dependant on how busy it is they may let more of you in. Hope this helps you a little.
abbi02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christmas, disabled, toddler

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: